PDA

View Full Version : Haunt Podcasts???

Raycliff Manor
05-13-2010, 05:21 PM
So I know there are several, if not more, haunt related podcasts out there. As you all know, I'm intimately familiar with Rotting Flesh Radio. My question to you all is this...

What haunt podcast shows do you listen to; what is your favorite and why?

By the way, I'm not asking this on behalf of RFR. I'm really just curious.

Rocky Mountain Terror
05-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Love your new RFR segment, by the way.

I listen to Rotting Flesh Radio and Hauntcast. Both are valuable tools for their own reasons.

RFR provides me with a lot of industry news, vendor info., valuable information on how other haunts are doing on Katies "Haunting by the Numbers" segment, provides unbelievable coverage on conventions and tradeshows, and business info from your segment.

Hauntcast has amazing info on "theater of the mind," valuable information on building props and new prop techniques, their interviews with haunters are some of the best I have ever heard, they announce our Colorado Haunters Association gatherings on Hauntcast news, and one of our Colorado Haunters Association members, Hauntiholik, is Hauntcast's music DJ.

In my opinion, the haunt industry could not do without all of the value that BOTH of these podcasts bring to the table.

I also listen to 66.6 H.M. and Mail Order Zombie from time to time, but those are just for horror fans mostly.

RFR and Hauntcast are my two MUST-HAVE podcasts.

I'd love to hear about any other Haunt-Industry podcasts out there.

Badger
05-14-2010, 08:04 AM
I listen to Haunted Radio 66.6HM because I like the old radio broadcasts. I'll occasionally listen to Rue Morgue Radio for the music.

I think most people know my relationship with RFR...;)

Rocky Mountain Terror
05-14-2010, 08:43 AM
I listen to Haunted Radio 66.6HM because I like the old radio broadcasts. I'll occasionally listen to Rue Morgue Radio for the music.

I think most people know my relationship with RFR...;)

3...2...1... Badger LIVE!!!!

Raycliff Manor
05-14-2010, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the feedback! Everyone knows I'm a fan of RFR. I appreciate the reminder on the others.

I've listened to Hauntcast a couple of times and I'm listening to it right now as I type. Awesome show! They really put an incredible amount of time into creative editing! Very cool! I'll be tuning into this more!

Chris... "3...2...1... Badger LIVE!!!!" You can hear it can't you? Badger always does an awesome job!!!

Raycliff Manor
05-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Hey Chris, I know you do a GOE in Colorado. Is there an accessible list anywhere to locate all the GOE's around the country? I'd love to find something like this in our area!

Kel

Rocky Mountain Terror
05-14-2010, 06:19 PM
There sure is Kel!

Most of these are hosted on the Garage of Evil Network. The site was created by a guy named Steve O, which has got to be one of the GREATEST home haunters of all times. His haunt would top a great deal of pro haunts.

On a personal note, before I give you the link, I'd like to say that the Colorado Haunters link is stuck on 26 members. In reality, we are in the thirties now, and this is reflected on our actual page. Yeah, we're pretty proud of our group. Lol.

You can find most of the major local haunt groups and associations here:

http://www.garageofevilnetwork.com/groups

This group has been great! There has been a strong track record of animosity between pro haunt owners in Denver for many many years now. The Colorado Haunters Association now has a great deal of Pro and Home Haunters, and I am VERY happy to report that this group we started, is breaking down this animosity, and all of these haunters are starting to work together towards common goals and gaining new-found camaraderie. IT IS TRULY AMAZING! Some are still coming around, but a lot all ready have.

Anyway, If you don't have one in your area, you should definitely start one. You, being who you are, should have no problem attracting members. When we started, I just posted a link to our group on all of the forums, prop building websites, the Hauntcast blog, and I announce our meetings on Hauntcast news. It has worked well for us.