PDA

View Full Version : Asylum Build or Toxic Waste Build

Heritage Haunt
05-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Hi all, this year we are doing a Hayride and two of the sections on the ride will be an Asylum and a Toxic Waste Dump! We are in full build mode right now and i was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or ideas for these 2 areas?

Asylum- facades on both sides of the waggon, based on a 1950's insaine asylum, i would like it to look similar to the Bates Motel's Asylum.... any ideas / thoughts???

Toxic Waste- Facades on both sides of the waggon, barrels, waste, trash, etc... any ideas/ thoughts???

Thanks,
Christian Sivley
Heritage Haunt Manager
Heritage Haunt
www.scvhaunt.com

Allen H
05-17-2010, 11:26 PM
For the toxic waste set look at the Michael Keaton Batman movie and check out teh
AXIS chemical corp sets, really good look in my opinion.

Badger
05-18-2010, 07:20 AM
I saw something at MHC 2008 that I thought would be cool for a toxic waste site. Tekno Bubbles makes a day-glo bubble formula and I thought it looked really cool in their demos. They aren't used much in haunts that I've been in, but for a toxic waste dump, it should be a pretty neat effect...

http://www.teknobubbles.com/ (http://www.teknobubbles.com/)

nightcrawl
05-18-2010, 11:24 AM
We did a huge toxic scene as part of a hayride we produced. As scary/cool as it was (lots of black lights) we received a great reaction from our decontamination chamber - which was more cool than scary.

This was a huge car port that the wagon had to drive through and stop in. We then made a P.A. announcement with a government warning and startled with military presence.
The switch was thrown and they were assaulted with sound, techno bubbles, snow machines, fog and ultimately lasers.
As the wagon pulled out they were startled again as military personnel jumped the wagon and tested the riders for radiation with geiger counters.

A word of warning, if you go with techno bubbles ,do not follow up with any more black lights.
The bubbles actually stain the skin for a couple days. Luckily it's only visible under black light.
They'll never know you just tattood them.