PDA

View Full Version : TransWorld Info!

Haunter3
02-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Hi All
I just wanted to let everyone know that I live in the area near transworld is being held, anyone flying into Midway?(Right by my house) I just wanted to lend a hand to anyone who needs diretions/good restaurant/etc, Just let me know!
Dom

ScarlettP
02-20-2007, 06:28 AM
You know, this may sound crazy - but last year we stumbled upon this GREAT little Chinese Buffet / Take out kind of place. Don't even remember the name of the place. It was on a 'main drag' close to the convention center. It was in a little strip mall right next to a White Castle, it was very small and not the least bit fancy. They served frozen fruit smooties that were KILLER and about a 1/2 dozen entrees that cost about $5 for more food than any one person could eat. I'd love to eat there again if we could find it. I don't suppose you know what I'm talking about?

Jonathan
02-20-2007, 06:41 AM
There's a Tiki Bar somewhere around the area of TW too. Any thoughts on that location, I can't remeber where it is.

Raycliff Manor
02-20-2007, 09:05 AM
I remember hearing about a Tiki Bar as well. That sure sounds like fun. We have a Tiki themed room at our inn. :D

Kel

Barry
02-20-2007, 09:12 AM
I remember passing by the Tiki bar on the way to Dreamreapers. Don't know the street names or directions but it wasn't far away.

Raycliff Manor
02-20-2007, 09:14 AM
Man, I hope I can work it in to the schedule and check it out. I love all things retro and Tiki!

Kel

Barry
02-20-2007, 09:18 AM
I just remebered that Nicole always plans an evening there (Friday I think). Maybe this will be the year to make it over there :)

Haunter3
02-20-2007, 09:18 AM
Sacrlett, Im going to try to find it now :) Gotta love buffets!

Raycliff Manor
02-20-2007, 09:23 AM
This year, we've commited to the get-together at Giordano's (I think that's the name) Pizza Place on Friday at 6:00 and then we're heading to Dreapreapers at about 8:00 Friday night. Keep us posted though Barry, if you find anything out. If nothing else, you could always join us over at the Pizza Place!

Kel

lurker
02-20-2007, 12:04 PM
I need to find some place that serves some good Chicago style pizza, and I need to know if there is a sushi bar area. My motley crew has already requested these food items. Any names and addresses would be appreciated.

Ken Spriggs
02-20-2007, 12:26 PM
here is a link for the bar....not too far from DR...just don't get too ripped

http://www.hala-kahiki.com/

Barry
02-20-2007, 01:11 PM
Louis, we are talking about going back to that Italian place we went to two years ago as well. That place had great food.

For pizza, I like Uno's downtown. Kathy and I went to another place downtown last year (the one where you can sign the walls) but I liked Uno's better.

Sushi I don't know about but let me know if you find one. I may tag along :)

And Ken, don't get too ripped? Killjoy :(

Jim Warfield
02-20-2007, 01:17 PM
I understand where Ken is coming from. Get too ripped and bodilly fluids dribble all over the place and then who's going to mop it up?
Sort of like when people tell me they are "broke".
"I could tell by the way that you walked."

lurker
02-20-2007, 02:19 PM
Barry,

I did little digging, and I found two that are near by
Nikko Japanese Restaurant
282 E. Algonquin Rd.
Arlington Heights 60005
847-364-9546
and
Sushi 21
(847) 583-1212
www.sushi21.nv.switchboard.com
8353 1/2 W Golf Rd
Niles, IL 60714

If we decide to hit one, I'll let you know. We will get RIPPED! lol

Empressnightshade
02-20-2007, 07:07 PM
You know, this may sound crazy - but last year we stumbled upon this GREAT little Chinese Buffet / Take out kind of place. Don't even remember the name of the place. It was on a 'main drag' close to the convention center. It was in a little strip mall right next to a White Castle, it was very small and not the least bit fancy. They served frozen fruit smooties that were KILLER and about a 1/2 dozen entrees that cost about $5 for more food than any one person could eat. I'd love to eat there again if we could find it. I don't suppose you know what I'm talking about?
Scar,

let me know if you find out the name of this place and decide to go....I'm with ya!!

ScarlettP
02-21-2007, 05:47 AM
here is a link for the bar....not too far from DR...just don't get too ripped

Now Ken! Who would do a thing like that?

ScarlettP
02-21-2007, 05:54 AM
let me know if you find out the name of this place and decide to go....I'm with ya!!

You're On! We even saved flyers for the place so we could find it again. Can I find said flyers a year later? NOOoooo.... But we found it by just getting out on the road and taking 'main drag' looking roads until we found a business district with food. Some of our group wanted to try the "Yankee Krystals" (White Castle) but the rest of said "No... I'm not in the mood for a gut bomb. Hey look! There's a Chinese place right next door." It was sort of like the ones that you see in a big mall. Not a lot of chioces in the food, but it was all very good. They served it all up in take out boxes - and filled them till you could bearly close the tops. They didn't even have fountain drinks, just cans of soda, bottles of juice and those fab fruit smoothies that they made while you watched.