PDA

View Full Version : Bad News

SpookywoodsFX.com
05-22-2010, 03:32 PM
If you had plans to order a costume this year we are going to offer big discounts.
I was on my way home from the shop early yesterday morning when a cat darted out in right in front of me. I swerved to miss it and somehow my foot hung over the gas and under the brake and I ran head first into a phone pole. The pole sat about a foot from the curb and I hit it going about 35. Messed up my neck and wrists and my right knee.
It was the family car and now it's totaled. No way to get around and no way to get my daughter to and from school, it's a really tough spot to be in....
So this is good news for those of you interested in getting a costume this season. PM me here or send me an email at Sales AT SpookyWoodsFX.com, let me know what you're interested in and I'll give you a price. You can save HUNDREDS if you order right now!
Thanks and take care and let me know if you have any questions.
P.S. Two weeks ago I took collision off my policy. We had to tighten the belt and in going over the budget, that was one thing we could save a few dollars on. I'm an idiot.

Decayed
Bare Bones
Foot Soldier
Anubis

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv326/spookywoodsfx/Both3.jpg

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv326/spookywoodsfx/SALE-1.jpg

terrormasue
05-22-2010, 03:51 PM
Oh my!!! So sorry to hear you are hurt. Hope you get to feeling better real soon. I would order more costumes but I have already ordered 3.. By the way the finger and the ear....way cool!!

graystone
05-22-2010, 04:07 PM
Glad to know your ok man! Shane and its hang in there things will get better! Shane this time!

Badger
05-22-2010, 06:35 PM
Sorry to hear about the accident, hope you're alright. Next time show no mercy for the cat...

StackerSteve
05-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Next time show no mercy for the cat...
LOL. The good news is that you are still here for your family. Hope everything comes back together for you

soultrkr
05-22-2010, 07:18 PM
Glad your ok hope you heal fast and full recover.

bhays
05-22-2010, 08:42 PM
So sorry to hear about that.. had a bad wreck last July so I know what you're going through. I hope we are still on track to have my costume before the end of next month, we have convention appearances in July.

brad
05-22-2010, 09:58 PM
Pm sent to you.

Allen H
05-22-2010, 10:24 PM
Sorry to hear about your accident, I hope you heal soon and are able to get a car back on the road soon.
Allen H

Jim Warfield
05-23-2010, 07:36 AM
Getting back to square -one always requires time and time is not our friend sometimes when bills and work seem to operate on their own schedule ,not user-friendly to us.
Sheet metal is so cheap compared to human parts, I guess luck is all relative?
Things will get better. Things will get better. Things will get better.

damon carson
05-24-2010, 08:14 AM
Im sorry but that would have been one dead kitty. Had that happen to me once but it was on ice and I was between two cars parked on the side of the road. I tapped the brakes started to slide. Let off the breaks and took the cat out. It was either me or the cat. So the cat had to go! Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Hope things get a little better sometime soon.
Damon

JamBam
05-24-2010, 10:48 AM
I never swerve for animals. Growing up in Wisconsin and having lots of deer crossing the roads, you learn that your life is not worth a deer or any animal. They get full brakes, but not a swerve. Too many people have accidents that way.
Now of course if the officer is demanding to know why I am swerving back and forth.... (no, not for many, many years) LOL

Raycliff Manor
05-24-2010, 01:18 PM
Wow, that's a tough break! Trust that something good will come of it all. So sorry to hear about it, but I'm definitely sending positive thoughts and healing energy for good things to manifest as a result of your situation!

Kel

danglin
05-24-2010, 09:21 PM
Sorry to hear about the wreck. I am glad you are okay. I just sent you a pm regarding my order.

I hope you are better soon!

SpookywoodsFX.com
05-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Thank you to everyone that posted and sent messages, it really does mean allot.
The last few days have been difficult but I'm sure it will get better. Still haven't made a sale at this point but I'll keep my fingers crossed. I'm keeping an eye on CL for a car hoping I'll find what we need. Things will work out, I'm sure. I still have my arms and legs and my family is healthy so it really isn't that bad ;) It could always be worse.

SpookywoodsFX.com
05-26-2010, 04:17 PM
I tried to get a good shot of it with my phone in the dark when I went to get our stuff out but it's difficult to see.

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv326/spookywoodsfx/wreck.jpg

SpookywoodsFX.com
05-31-2010, 02:37 PM
Thanks MovieRelics, great site. It's kept me busy. Lots of information!
Thank you to everyone that wrote and showed an interest. Hopefully, a few of you write back :)
Take care

brad
06-02-2010, 03:09 AM
Got my Decayed outfit paid for this morning!!

Cant wait to get it in!

SpookywoodsFX.com
06-04-2010, 01:58 AM
Brad, thank you VERY much! That's the only costume sold at this point.

Come on guys, I've discounted the Costumes OVER $300!
So if you're interested, let me know Sales AT SpookyWoodsFX.com

Got my Decayed outfit paid for this morning!!

Cant wait to get it in!