PDA

View Full Version : I need used haunt asap!

piercemanor
05-25-2010, 08:54 PM
Anyone out there with a used haunt wanting to sell cheap LET ME KNOW! Do you know anyone who is selling a used haunt? LET ME KNOW! ANY THEME WILL DO! I NEED INFO! I live in North Alabama
Thanks,
Tristin Pierce

chuck weber
05-26-2010, 11:01 PM
look out for this guy. He's in the biz for life ! young, hungry and lots of energy and the love of the business! We need more like him! Best of luck, my friend.............

piercemanor
06-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Ive only got one reply to the used haunt deal? I figgured there would be more than one person selling a used haunt now. Oh well...

halloweenroom
06-02-2010, 10:13 PM
looks like you are out of luck my friend. Keep tryin, itl come.

piercemanor
06-03-2010, 06:01 AM
Ill bet everone will start tryin to sell thier used haunts after the season so they can get new stuff in ya know?

xtremecreator
06-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Your problem might be wanting it cheap. We all of course want it cheap.
Anyhow, I do have numerous props and walls. what size haunt are you looking to do?

John

spookyshead
06-03-2010, 12:06 PM
I may have some you might be interested in.

piercemanor
06-03-2010, 12:24 PM
xtreme, I dont have a building yet but its in the works, its an old factory so its pretty big, let me know exactly what you have and send me pics of props.
Spooky, please send me pics and I will get back to you on it

Dark Attraction
06-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Just some advice... if you are not actually in the market to purchase an attraction right now, don't make it sound like you are. You won't make a lot of friends that way. Come back to the Trading Post once you are ready to purchase. There is no sense in wasting everybody's time if you aren't actually ready to make a purchase.

Best of luck with your venture, and I hope you are able to learn a lot through these boards...

groosbe1
06-05-2010, 02:06 PM
I have everything you would need to get started plus more. E-mail me at davidgroosbeck@yahoo.com and I'll send you photos and a list of everthing I got.

Thanks,
David

piercemanor
06-07-2010, 06:16 AM
Groosbe1 I am going to try to call you today to try to get details.

xtremecreator
06-07-2010, 07:25 AM
Sorry was out of town. I will send you the list today.

Xtreme

madmike
06-07-2010, 05:29 PM
MY HAUNT WAS UNDER A 30X60 TENT I AM SELLING EVERYTHING BUT THE TENT ALREADY SOLD.EVERYTHING IS HERE TO GET YOU UP AND RUNNING FASCADE,LIGHTS,PROPS,COSTUMES,WALLS,LIGHTED EXIT SIGNS,ETC.. EMAIL ME AT mikesskull@yahoo.com FOR A DETAILED LIST AND PICS. HOW'S A COMPLETE HAUNT FOR $18,000 ALL YOU NEED IS A BUILDING OR TENT AND THE DRIVE TO MAKE IT HAPPEN, EMAIL ME......MIKE

piercemanor
06-09-2010, 05:43 PM
thank you for the kind offer, but your haunt, many of the things I couldn't convert into my theme. Thank you very much though.

Front Yard Fright
06-09-2010, 11:51 PM
Pierce what's your budget? What theme are you looking for? Some of these things might help others figure out what you're looking for. Do you just need walls? Or props, costumes, lighting, and masks too?

And I agree with Dark Attraction... If you're serious about this that's great. But don't waste people's time and effort if you don't have the money, or are not serious about purchasing.

Good luck.

OblivionHauntedHouse
06-10-2010, 08:34 AM
thank you for the kind offer, but your haunt, many of the things I couldn't convert into my theme. Thank you very much though.

Peirce - Be carefull what you are asking for. In the first post you had said you didnt care what theme and here you are saying his haunt would not be able to fit your theme.

IHAUNT
06-10-2010, 12:59 PM
Hmmm....

Something is amiss.

I think I smell Faux Fear Featurers here!!!

Tom

piercemanor
06-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Peirce - Be carefull what you are asking for. In the first post you had said you didnt care what theme and here you are saying his haunt would not be able to fit your theme.

What i meant was there was too many things i couldnt convert. My theme is a hospital and only medical items. Some things I could convert into my theme but he had too many things that I couldn't. I dont care if it is not medical completely cause the other stuff I will problably sell to other haunters. I need everything, front yard, to start a haunted attraction and anything cheap.

piercemanor
06-12-2010, 03:40 PM
What I am going to do with my used haunt is use all I can out of it and sell, or put the rest of the items back for another time

OblivionHauntedHouse
06-14-2010, 05:22 PM
What i meant was there was too many things i couldnt convert. My theme is a hospital and only medical items. Some things I could convert into my theme but he had too many things that I couldn't. I dont care if it is not medical completely cause the other stuff I will problably sell to other haunters. I need everything, front yard, to start a haunted attraction and anything cheap.

Nothing is 'cheap' persay. :)

piercemanor
06-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Gotchya Oblivion. Lol But I hope yall know what I mean.

Dark Attraction
06-14-2010, 11:59 PM
Sigh.

Here's some puppies

piercemanor
06-15-2010, 06:32 AM
Okay? Are you feeling alright? Dark, do you need help?

Slain
06-15-2010, 09:27 AM
Mr. Manor,
Someone told me you were 14 years old..
You do realize you have to have $$$$$ to start a haunt right?

piercemanor
06-15-2010, 02:37 PM
Yes, I am 14 years old, and I do understand that this industry is very expensive to get into. That is why i am going to start out by purchasing a used haunt.

Front Yard Fright
06-15-2010, 03:12 PM
Pierce how much money are you looking to spend?

Slain
06-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Yes, I am 14 years old, and I do understand that this industry is very expensive to get into. That is why i am going to start out by purchasing a used haunt.

Too Funny!!

SomeThingInTheIce
06-15-2010, 04:23 PM
How much are you asking for the puppies?lol.
Here's some puppies[/QUOTE]

spookyshead
06-15-2010, 04:23 PM
I admire your desire! Like you, I too got started young and now that I'm old allow me to offer you some advice. You will get more enjoyment out of creating your own haunt. Meaning, making and building the props and decors yourself moreso than buying it.

piercemanor
06-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Too Funny!!

Slain, im sorry if you dont believe i can pull this off, aand im not saying i am going to pull this off, but i do understand that used haunts can cost some dough. Front Yard, I am looking for a location now, so i dont have a set budget, thats why on the very first post i put used haunt info, and the thread name is i need used haunt is so people will notice it and read it, it get my name out that im looking for a used haunt and it gets my name out for people to know me, two birds one stone

HauntedBarn1969
06-16-2010, 06:53 AM
Hey...Just start small and it will grow every year.First build your own props goto the local lumber yard ask for there scrap(pallets are great).Donate some for your sales to some thing in the area.This helps with free radio time,newspapers and maybe a site to use....good luck

piercemanor
06-16-2010, 06:36 PM
Hey guys im still open on offers, I havent purchased anything yet

Dark Attraction
06-17-2010, 01:07 AM
\I havent purchased anything yet

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

piercemanor
06-17-2010, 07:59 AM
Wouldnt that be ten words? There was ten characters, or have you just gone crazy? lol

SomeThingInTheIce
06-17-2010, 02:28 PM
How much are you asking for the kittens?

dawn408
06-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Those kittens would look great in the skeleton tree I'm making.

Dark Attraction
06-17-2010, 07:42 PM
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but... does anybody have a Bugatti Veyron they want to sell? Model and color don't really matter, but I would really like the EB 16.4 in blue and black. Thanks in advance for your help!

SomeThingInTheIce
06-18-2010, 11:09 AM
I had to google that, to funny.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but... does anybody have a Bugatti Veyron they want to sell? Model and color don't really matter, but I would really like the EB 16.4 in blue and black. Thanks in advance for your help!

FablesStudios
06-18-2010, 12:09 PM
I gotta tell ya. Sometimes its easier to build your own and cheaper then to purchase someone else’s old stuff.

This is not for a Pro Haunt.. again I repeat… this is not pro material but if you are looking to start and not spend much watch this guy. He gives you some tips on how to get stuff for free. The most bang for your buck you could say.
How To Build A Backyard Haunted House for Under $400 - Kevin Jackal Johnston, Testicles.ca
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyUX5aFNhXM

If you have a bigger budget get one of these premade haunts. Most venders will work with you.
https://www.onadira.com/cms.Catalog.aspx?catalog=Themed_Attraction_Package s

http://www.hauntedprops.com/category-s/254.htm

http://www.hauntedprops.com/Inflatable-Haunted-Houses-s/56.htm

Here’s a couple home haunts for sale I see on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Halloween-Haunted-House-Circus-Animated-Full-Set-Up-/300436670495?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f36bc81f

http://cgi.ebay.com/Keils-Screamhouse-Haunted-House-Halloween-Scare-Horror-/120524088463?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c0fcba48f

http://cgi.ebay.com/Haunted-House-3-D-Professional-Money-Maker-/160394829560?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item255846def8

fun houses and dark rides/houses. Love this site.
http://www.italintl.com/category.php?category=Fun%20House%20and%20Dark%20R ides

I know there is a website where haunt owners post their haunts for sale but I cant remember the website. Maybe someone else can post it.

I’m not trying to be rude but don’t bite off more then you can chew. Start small and work your way up.
Say you make 1k this year and double next year and so on By the time you’re my age (Im 25 BTW which is young for this industry aswell) youll be doing fine.

Work on a solid business plan. Slow growth. Also take into consideration you could loose it all.

OR…

Your family could have won the lottery and you have mill$$$ to spend.

Either way , think it all through.

Best of luck.

Peter T
FS

chuck weber
06-18-2010, 03:43 PM
thanks for posting

piercemanor
06-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Thanks Chuck for thanking everyone for me. lol jk

piercemanor
06-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Hey guys, im still in the look for a used haunted attraction, PM me or call me at 1-256-443-5520

Dark Attraction
06-26-2010, 09:13 AM
Tristin, buddy, I thought we had already established that no money=not in the market to buy a haunt. Is there any reason you keep dragging this thread out?

piercemanor
06-26-2010, 09:49 AM
The thing is, is that I am indeed getting my name out, i am looking for a haunt to buy in the near future, and technically i do have money to purchase a haunt with, but i am not going into detail about that for now. But my main source of $$$$ is going to be a PEPSI Grant that I have to get votes for, more info about that l8r. I dont want 2 hear no lip! lol But the main reason i dragggggggg it out is that I just cant get enuff of your pictures ur posting! LMFAO!

Karl Fields
06-26-2010, 10:29 AM
But getting your name out in this light is not a good thing for you. Some folks have a real long memory.

The thing is, is that I am indeed getting my name out

Front Yard Fright
06-26-2010, 11:56 AM
I agree with Karl. You've done nothing but make a fool out of yourself and everyone else trying to sell their haunt to you. You clearly don't have the money, and probably wont for quite some time so don't ask for information until you do!

tchaunt
06-26-2010, 06:30 PM
In regards to the Pepsi grant, I'm assuming you're talking about the Pepsi Refresh Project. If you are, I would not get my hopes up on having money. There's virtually no way under the sun or the moon that you're going to get enough votes to get the money from the Pepsi grant. The winners have tons of votes; you'll be lucky to make it in the top 10 with your potential haunt, let alone actually win.
Believe me, I am a teen desperate to get into this industry: you have to start small. Start this year by going over the top with your decorations for Halloween. Then next year, maybe work on setting up a small thing in your front yard for the trick or treaters using wall panels to make maybe one or two rooms and then some halls and treat it like a miniature haunt. Have the kids walk through and then give them candy or what not. I know it's not easy to settle for something small when you want to be the best in the industry, but people spends thousands of dollars just on the walls of a haunt: solid black plywood walls. That's not counting props, make-up, lighting, sound systems, music, actors, the building, or ANYTHING besides walls.

creep house
06-26-2010, 07:21 PM
End this thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 - 2 - 1 - over !

Barry
06-26-2010, 07:59 PM
Since Somethinginthe ice has not asked: How much for the troll? LOL

SomeThingInTheIce
06-26-2010, 08:22 PM
How much you asking for the Troll?

SomeThingInTheIce
06-26-2010, 08:25 PM
Barry, do not make me get into a bidding war over the troll.

piercemanor
06-26-2010, 10:13 PM
In regards to the Pepsi grant, I'm assuming you're talking about the Pepsi Refresh Project. If you are, I would not get my hopes up on having money. There's virtually no way under the sun or the moon that you're going to get enough votes to get the money from the Pepsi grant. The winners have tons of votes; you'll be lucky to make it in the top 10 with your potential haunt, let alone actually win.
Believe me, I am a teen desperate to get into this industry: you have to start small. Start this year by going over the top with your decorations for Halloween. Then next year, maybe work on setting up a small thing in your front yard for the trick or treaters using wall panels to make maybe one or two rooms and then some halls and treat it like a miniature haunt. Have the kids walk through and then give them candy or what not. I know it's not easy to settle for something small when you want to be the best in the industry, but people spends thousands of dollars just on the walls of a haunt: solid black plywood walls. That's not counting props, make-up, lighting, sound systems, music, actors, the building, or ANYTHING besides walls.

I have literally been there, done that. But Thanks for the advice. And the Pepsi Refresh Project Only takes a thousand applications in a month, you have to be one of the top 2 grants to get funded. I have looked up the # of votes the past recipents have gotten, and you would be suprised at how low they were. I guess its not a SUPER popular project, but it is not my only source of funding. Oh, and I will post the link to my profile on the PEPSI REFRESH project so, hopefully, you guys will vote for me to help my dream come true.
Thanks,
Tristin Pierce

SomeThingInTheIce
06-28-2010, 12:20 PM
Cool, once you get your haunt open using the Pepsi grant you can get Coke as a sponsor.

I have literally been there, done that. But Thanks for the advice. And the Pepsi Refresh Project Only takes a thousand applications in a month, you have to be one of the top 2 grants to get funded. I have looked up the # of votes the past recipents have gotten, and you would be suprised at how low they were. I guess its not a SUPER popular project, but it is not my only source of funding. Oh, and I will post the link to my profile on the PEPSI REFRESH project so, hopefully, you guys will vote for me to help my dream come true.
Thanks,
Tristin Pierce

HELLRAZZORS
06-28-2010, 04:20 PM
You can call it....THE HAUNTED PEPSI GRANT PROJECT....

chuck weber
06-29-2010, 08:17 AM
for right now you should concentrate on working on the haunt you are currently employed at to make it the BEST it can be. The day to day knowledge you will pick up will be PRICELESS down the road, no matter how small the amount of learning and experience it is. You have plenty of time to OWN your own haunt. PLUS, you've got those HOOTERS girls to keep you busy. (LOL !) Just my opinion as an outsider here. Remember, you gotta have fun first. (which I think your currently having). OK, man go get 'em!!! good luck!

Trail of Terror
06-29-2010, 03:45 PM
I wish ya'll would give it a break. All this kids wants is attention, and yall are feeding him it.

Rippersrevenge
06-29-2010, 06:41 PM
Thanks for screwing it up for the rest of us trying for the Pepsi Refresh project. I am planning a charity haunt and will be submitting an application to the Pepsi Refresh Project tomorrow night (won't go up for voting until August so no money until September). However I am planning on organizing the haunt for 2011 as there is NOT enough time to get a good haunt together by October if done properly so I will NOT be a complete dick and post a bogus request for a quick haunt. I am planning a haunt for an area that really needs the money.

I was going to submit a link to the video I will be posting but on second thought I'm worried about it being stolen (thanks to this 'blank') so will post after midnight tomorrow.

We are only asking for 50K so it is a tight but doable budget. If it is okay, I will post a link for voting if my application is accepted. Like I said, voting isn't until August so hopefully everyone will have forgotten this post until then.

Thanks to this dork, this has become a joke and now my idea seems like it isn't innovative or even a good one.

What a depressing thread, please delete it!

piercemanor
06-29-2010, 08:09 PM
Im sorry, but im not the one making it look like a joke, but for you and I we are not competeing, im going for the highest one, but some of my projects money is going 2 saint judes, the rest is going right back into the haunt. If you post ur link on here i will be more than happy to vote for you, but in return i would request you vote for me if you want.
Thanks,
Tristin

freak 'n' stein
06-29-2010, 11:55 PM
It seems every few years the minors reemerge to take over the threads with their hopes and dreams of creating a haunt! I really admire your desire for owning an attraction, I just can't say I agree with the path you're taking to get there.

...I too have thought about using the Pepsi Refresh project as a means for capital, however, I quickly got over that. There are other greater avenues to take. I had a chat with Leonard Pickel via facebook about a year ago and took some great notes on ways to "financing" a haunt...

I agree with Chuck...get involved with a haunt, as you never know the opportunities that it will grant you. I got involved with the Jaycees last season. There was a huge fallout between some members and now I'm a haunt keyholder who puts in a good 50% of the ideas, labor, creativity, etc. The experience I've gained in the last year, including going to the Transworld Convention in Missouri has been priceless. One day I hope to break away from the Jaycees and start my own attraction, but trust me, having hands on experience with actors, our budget, crowd control, etc. YOU CAN'T BUY THAT ANYWHERE!!

As everyone else has wished you...BEST OF LUCK...just don't toy with the people in the industry, because just as they are here to support you, their support can QUICKLY and EASILY do a 180...I've seen it time and time again...

Rippersrevenge
06-30-2010, 04:40 AM
Pierce: let me know if you get your application in as I imagine competition will be tight. I thought about the 250K range but figured I would have a better chance at 50K as they are giving away 10 instead of 2. Also, forces more creativity which is why I am interested in this business to begin with.

I think we are still competing as I will be lobbying friends, family, contacts, and people in my neighborhood to vote for my haunted house idea so when they do a search it may be confusing. We'll see what happens.

Cool if we both win. ;)

piercemanor
06-30-2010, 08:52 PM
hopefully they will vote for the both of us! Anyway thx guys for all tips given 2 me in the last few posts, dont worry about offers on a used haunt yet, but between now and January, expect more word out of me!lol
Thanks,
Tristin

piercemanor
06-30-2010, 10:05 PM
sorry guys but i didnt get my submission in on time, did you rippers?

Rippersrevenge
07-01-2010, 04:38 AM
I was on the website at 11:59 pm last night thinking I was logged in but got knocked off right before submission at 12:01am so about the time I finished frantically typing in my password etc at 12:02 1000 applications had been submitted. Someone did get one through about a haunted house, no video or photos which I have, http://www.refresheverything.com/jedsheadhaunt and the budget seems a little 'off'. I'll try again August first but July is such a long month. However, a Halloween idea may be more popular in September. It is going to be tough getting the application through though, may need a bunch a other computers poised and ready at 12:01am.

piercemanor
07-01-2010, 07:28 AM
I think $2,000 is gonna be juuuuust a little bit less than what is needed for insurance fees and other fees like that. lol!