PDA

View Full Version : DEAD ARCES

jerzeydevil
08-14-2006, 05:05 PM
hey everyone I went to the mid west haunters convention and had the opertunity to check out this awesome haunt,I highly recommend it. I particularly liked the dark maze music, does anyone know what band/song they play in there?

NightMareManor
08-14-2006, 05:09 PM
no idea, but I should have my first album out in spring 2007, called distant shadows. Its still in pre production though.

Until then you could look into Virgil music, midnight syndicate, and terror media.

John Coen
08-14-2006, 08:08 PM
I think you mean Dead "Acres". "Dead Arces" is down the street and not a very good haunt. The actors just sit around on their dead arces and don't even try to scare you there. :)

Jim Warfield
08-14-2006, 09:30 PM
How about an informal vote?

Which is the least desirable in your haunt?
1) A worker who just sits there?
2) a bonifide idiot worker who does unsafe things to your customers?
3)A worker who forgets to even show up at all?

I would favor #1 and #3 over and above #2, I know, it's sad but sometimes...........?

ScarlettP
08-15-2006, 06:37 AM
OH! You forgot my favorite - the over zealouse Jack @$$ who jumps around like a mad man beating on things until he has destroyed every single prop, decoration, costume and mask in his wake. Then asks for more stuff.

Jim Warfield
08-15-2006, 07:26 AM
Believe it or not, I have never had a helper like that. I have had some remove items from their locations then I have to hunt all over the house for them.....
I scarecely do loud noise scares here, the noise might obscure the sound of the patrons wonderfully rewarding screams and silly reactions, afterall!
I don't just do this for mere money, you know!
"Money" gets gone in a heartbeat, hysterical memories live on forever!

jerzeydevil
08-15-2006, 07:35 AM
YES, I meant acres, sorry. So, no idea on the tunes yet?????

malicious_intents
09-02-2006, 12:36 AM
Instead of putting other haunts down and crying about crap that everyone has blown completely out of proportion over and over and over agian I will atleast try to answer the guys question..... you asked a question for a reason right?

Dead Acres plays music like

Drowning Pool " Let the bodies hit the floor "
Static - X " This Is Not "
Rob Zombie

etc etc

they dont play allot of the thunder and sound effects.... to each their own I myself enjoy the hard stuff, hard, violent, music more than hearing dumb sounds. If you are wanting to use music like this try those and check out

slipnot
mudvane
marilyn manson
system of a down
ramstein

look for Metal/Hardcore/Goth type music if you liked what you heard from Dead Acres ( one of the top 13 haunted houses in the U.S. 9th I believe it was )
( THAT WAS A JAB AT THE OTHERS ) then you will be sure to find what you want by looking around. Try some of the internets resources check out yahoo music. ( free ) try lime wire ( free ) and search via your search engine.
Maybe you allready like this kind of music and I missed your question completely..... I dont know the exact music used ..... I know allot of the music might be found on 99.7 the blitz allot of the guys are sure to listen to that channel. Or even Liquid Metal on satellight.

I hopeI was of some help. atleast I tried to answer your question

Jim Warfield
09-02-2006, 01:20 AM
I recently had a customer of mine comparing styles in haunting calling the one , "Oh, the light and music show?" He called their haunt.
TV does light and music.

Bonesaw
09-02-2006, 10:58 AM
Instead of putting other haunts down and crying about crap that everyone has blown completely out of proportion over and over and over agian I will atleast try to answer the guys question..... you asked a question for a reason right?

Dead Acres plays music like

Drowning Pool " Let the bodies hit the floor "
Static - X " This Is Not "
Rob Zombie

etc etc

they dont play allot of the thunder and sound effects.... to each their own I myself enjoy the hard stuff, hard, violent, music more than hearing dumb sounds. If you are wanting to use music like this try those and check out

slipnot
mudvane
marilyn manson
system of a down
ramstein

look for Metal/Hardcore/Goth type music if you liked what you heard from Dead Acres ( one of the top 13 haunted houses in the U.S. 9th I believe it was )
( THAT WAS A JAB AT THE OTHERS ) then you will be sure to find what you want by looking around. Try some of the internets resources check out yahoo music. ( free ) try lime wire ( free ) and search via your search engine.
Maybe you allready like this kind of music and I missed your question completely..... I dont know the exact music used ..... I know allot of the music might be found on 99.7 the blitz allot of the guys are sure to listen to that channel. Or even Liquid Metal on satellight.

I hopeI was of some help. atleast I tried to answer your question

Bravo dude!
You make a good point there. So many people are too busy trying to "Crack Wise" that they don't address the original question posted. Myself included. It's nice to get real answers once in a while too.
Cheerz!

Jim Warfield
09-02-2006, 01:16 PM
"Real Answers" cannot apply correctly across the board many times because of the extreme differences in haunt styles and local community differences. (and there is a person or a haunt's track record, creating expectations from the paying customers)
Maybe this is why I often say at the end of my numerous posts:"But I could be wrong?"
If there was just one or two "right" ways to entertain people in a haunted venue.....wouldn't that be boring?

John Coen
09-02-2006, 08:52 PM
Yes , Jim. If I DON'T KNOW the answer to the question and TRY to answer him I will probably be sending invaluable information. Wouldn't you say? If I KNOW an answer I will share. Otherwise you will get silly drivel to entertain. I figure this is better than no one ever responding to a question at all. (plus I love to pick on people who can't spell!) :)

PumpkinHead
09-02-2006, 09:27 PM

Actually he was making a pun on the original poster's typo ARCES as in ARSES (A$$es) . Mocking "Dead ARCES (ARSES)" (a fictional haunt) as the haunt with the actors that don't get off their arses is not putting down a haunt because Dead "Arces" IS NOT A HAUNT!

Midnight syndicate is great, so is Hedstorm. I recomend both.

PH

jerzeydevil
09-03-2006, 11:52 AM
thanks for the tip I found a ton of music that I like. I was also specificly looking for the song at the begining of the dark maze if you know it off hand.

actiondeath
09-03-2006, 05:16 PM
If my memory is correct, Korn's "Blind" was playing at the beginning of the dark maze at Dead Acres. It's the one that starts real quiet with just a ride cymbal and kicks in with Jon Davis screaming "ARE YOU READY!!!!!". I think that's the one you're thinking of, but then again, that may have been last year.

I really liked the Rob Zombie song they played in there. I can't remember what scene it was in, but it's from House of 1000 Corpses. I think it's called "Red Hot Pussy Liquors".

malicious_intents
09-03-2006, 10:08 PM
Actually the song you are refering to that starts with the "ARE YOU READY?" is by a favorite band of mine called PANTERA. Not to be confused with KORN......
What you are refering to is on Tim Mays ( D.A. ) website video preview of Haunted Hoochie.
But Korn was played inside the haunt a bit. I dont remember hearing everything, I was too busy checking out the beautifull work. I remember jamming to the tunes but I was overwhelmed by the changes that were made.
I would just do some research, check around, talk to the local kids, its easy to become un-hip thats where we have to start since they are our customers, see what they like see what they want to hear. In my experience they dont want the sound effects.
They want what allot of you hate. They are kids if you like it they hate it.
They seem to want blood, guts, little bit of rap out side, and then fast violent hard sh*t in yer face haunt inside. If they wanted to go to Walt Disney they wouldnt be looking for excitement here, they search hard and long making a list of haunts that look the freakiest, the most insane haunted houses they can fit into their schedule. They look on the internet untill they have found the ultimate goal..... ( the best haunted house experience they can get ) always looking for that haunted house their best friends brothers sisters friend to them about ( you know the one they can get their money back after climbing 7 stories of flesh, snakes, fire, and maggots to swim in a pool of puke swirled sh*t and piss to get to the end ?

malicious_intents
09-03-2006, 10:30 PM
Yeah Korn was played in the maze inside.... I remember I thought it was cool they matched "Im blind" with the fact that ( I COULD NOT SEE A FREAK'N THING IN THERE ) " Laughing " I walked into several walls untill someone ( who kind of ruined it opened their cell phone and lit the way out of there.... which was also cool because my head was starting to hurt "from running into walls" ( laugh ) GOOD TIMES......

I will make the trip to see them again this year and we will have a blast.
I always make a trip down to check out the Old Hoochie.... I mean Dead Acres, <---- ( mistake on purpose ) it may be a light show (to some) but to me and thousands of others it is the most realistic scare! If you send that many people out of your haunt wondering ( HOW DID THEY DO THAT ? ) ( YOU MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT ) Tim and the gang have rocked for years, always pushed the envelope, and entertained tens of thousands each year. Rock on Tim, thanks for everything!

Anyways ask around.....

Lamb Of God is another good one go to a chat room or just do some searching, the internet is a plarithera of information so get on the information highway and jam!

actiondeath
09-04-2006, 06:58 AM
No, really. The "are you ready" song is "Blind" by Korn not Pantera. I'm listening to it right now.

jerzeydevil
09-04-2006, 07:01 AM
what song by pantera is it?

John Coen
09-04-2006, 06:31 PM
I guess that puts a new spin on a Korn Maze! :)
I love "Lamb of God". It is written by Twila Paris.
You could play "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" in your autopsy room.

Xeverity
09-25-2006, 08:19 AM
I have a lisence to play music (soound tracks) in my haunt as well as another one for sound effects (noises) but have always stayed away from proprietary music because of royalties.

How do you guys arrange it because I found it way too complicated? Right now all I do is play music that is royalty-free or specifically created for haunted attractions which obviously limits me.

MidnightEvil
09-25-2006, 10:58 PM
You need a License from ASCAP to play copyrighted music.

http://www.ascap.com