PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Plans?

graystone
05-27-2010, 06:15 PM
What's everyone going to be doing this Memorial day? Shane and its fill me in! Shane this time!

Jim Warfield
05-27-2010, 07:04 PM
Mount Carroll has "Mayfest" every year on this weekend and we should be pretty busy with tourists and people coming back to visit the town and family.
Mayfest is an arts & crafts festival with live music and various venders held on the old Shimer College campus.
I decided I had been away from the art show long enough, I entered a piece of metal sculpture made from numerous pieces of old rusty, odd junk, I call it "The Post-Victorian Birdhouse".
One of the first people to see it today remarked:"That looks like something Tim Burton would do." (Since I'm older maybe he has been copying ME!? hahahah! Where's my 7 picture movie deal?)
Exhibiting there jogs some people's memory that I'm "Here" and does inspire some old patrons to stop and see the house again.

Badger
05-27-2010, 07:30 PM
I'll be filling in on bass for a honky-tonk band that's going on a mini-tour though the low country of SC. (Charleston and Savannah)

www.myspace.com/thebostevens

IHAUNT
05-27-2010, 07:34 PM
Hey all,

I'll be working on Haunted Overload.
Much to do due to the move!

Tom

www.HauntedOverload.com

scattered screams
05-27-2010, 07:52 PM
Taking the family to the Omaha Zoo. A much needed break from work and the haunt. Hope everyone has a save and enjoyable holiday.

Andrew

terrormasue
05-28-2010, 06:26 AM
It's my anniversary, 24 years. Yeah, I know, I can't believe it either... Besides going to dinner I will be working on the haunt. Right now I molding skeleton heads to glue to the outside of the concession stand, after all it is "The Boneyard Bistro" . Hopefully I will have it done this weekend. What time did you say you were coming to help Shane? I want to make sure to have dinner ready!!! Anyway "Happy Hoilday" to everyone!! Be safe!

Nightmare_Trance
05-28-2010, 06:27 AM
Happy Anniversary Sue!

Headed to the lake this evening. Hope the weather holds out all weekend. Looking forward to get some boating in.

mindtumor
05-28-2010, 06:29 AM
Yardwork I guess. Maybe planting my garden. I already have my tomatos planted.

JamBam
05-28-2010, 08:24 AM
The ball season is in force. One game tonight of sons before we go out to eat with friends. Had season tickets for the last indoor football game of the year, but the opposing team folded, sowe are heading to a comdey club. Daughters have a dance recital going th, fr, and sat. Dad's turn to see it Sat. Working Sat and Sun on day job, watching some of Indy 500 and Nascar race. Then heading for initial night in motorhome at buddy's campground.

Pic is of the innocent age we all used to be. My daughter is on the left. Remember when everything was so simple that meeting new friends and spending time with them was all we had to do?

bhays
05-28-2010, 09:03 AM
Same thing I do every Memorial Day... work on Fear Fair...

poison
05-28-2010, 10:00 AM
Building Monsters!
And going to a music Festival called Topanga Days.
I have been killing myself trying to fill all the show orders and i'm down to my last 2.
YEAH!

xtremecreator
05-28-2010, 11:18 AM
Well Adam....

we can not have that..... Come on people order more from Poison!

Xtreme

newhorror2010
05-28-2010, 12:36 PM
Going to the Beachaven Winery tomorrow night in Clarksville, TN off of I-24, they have an event called Jazz. I went for the first time with my sister & nephew a couple saturdays ago, had a blast! It's called Jazz but they have ALL different style music(s) playing. I'm not from Clarksville so my sister introduced me to several of her friends up here.......somehow I got put with a group of mostly women....Again, had a blast! Looking forward to tomorrow night!

:cool: :p

John Elks
_____________________________-
Death Row: Sanitarium of Slaughter
615-833-1433
Nashville, TN

hauntedghost
05-28-2010, 01:26 PM
I'll be working on my hearse here and some yard work too. dose any one want to help me?? thanks!!

graystone
05-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Well you see......... What we will be doing is......... hum ok its like we will be......... Shane and its heck I cant say what we will be doing! Shane this time

chuck weber
05-28-2010, 04:54 PM
haunted ship walk-thru attraction at MOREY'S PIER. Saw it on TV looked great! Lots of detail, props, big time in your face live actors, and animatronics galore. Wonder if Uncle Larry or Jim Kelly was called in on a consultation on this one. Can't wait to see it. Oh ya, ADMISSION- $9 like baskin- robbins ice cream says, "costs more, but worth it". We'll see....

MDKing
05-28-2010, 05:18 PM
Chuck is that attraction new? There is the 3d pirate themed "boat" ride that Larry's company did several years ago but I don't know of this attraction.

I grew up going to Wilwood, been there 100 times easily. Where are you staying?

Allan

chuck weber
05-28-2010, 08:44 PM
worked on this project or not..... but...... it has his look all over it..... detailed to the max, etc. I saw it on the channel 6 news here on thursday at noon. The ship has a name, but I forget it. Definately MOREY'S PIER though...... My plans are not finalized totally yet, but I either stay at the Heart of Wildwood or THE PALMS motel.... Overnight will definately be a last minute decision. 106 miles (each way) is not too bad for me (driving-wise). I also heard that the LOST MINE roller coaster on the old hunt's pier is finally gone. too bad. that was a classic. for some reason, the pirate theme is big in wildwood. I guess with the ocean right there, its a perfect fit. Good luck with your haunt this year, man. I visited in 2002 in the mall parking lot, and it was awesome! take care.

piercemanor
05-28-2010, 08:56 PM
I will be trying to come up with a new name 4 my haunt

damon carson
05-28-2010, 10:25 PM
Im working all damn weekend. Drinking a little beer and watch some baseball when im off. Gonna try and mow the yard and work on some Halloween junk.
Damon
What an exciting life I live.

drfrightner
05-31-2010, 10:28 AM
Was in a baseball tournament but got knocked out and I thought we would win it... if anyone has been wondering where I've been I'm working on an all new THIRD haunted house, playing lots of baseball, and working on updating my websites.

I also saw Prince of Persia (nothing special) Shrek (nothing special) and will have a BBQ today... anyone and everyone on this forum is invited that is if you can make it on such short notice! LOL

Now off to cut the grass.

Larry

graystone
05-31-2010, 10:37 AM
You should have cut the grass 2 weeks ago today your supposed to be grilling! What if the bus pulls up will you share a steak? Shane and its have a good Holiday! Shane this time!

drfrightner
05-31-2010, 10:56 AM
Let me say something... you know you are a haunter when

On a perfectly nice day you are inside on Memorial day reading posts on hauntworld. We just can't get enough... now its off to the grass. I think.

LOL

Larry

chuck weber
05-31-2010, 12:09 PM
we missed you

N2SPOOKINU
05-31-2010, 02:42 PM
Memorial Day....... Whats that? Oh yeah, its a 3 day weekend to work on the haunt! lol Thats where I'm at. Corn got planted Friday, mowed the lawn today. Moving some things around then its off to the woods for the trail!
Shane, the bus may not pull up at Larry's but I'm only an hour away. lol Did someone say STEAK????
Have a great holiday guys.
Greg
Fearfest

scaryguy666
06-01-2010, 12:06 AM
Drinking a few beers. What a weekend! lol

mindtumor
06-01-2010, 06:36 AM
I went to a cool antique place/cider mill with my wife and Bill. That and I had to reformat my computer. Also, I dinged 80 over the weekend but I doubt anyone knows what that means.

Larry, you should give these people more advance notice for your July 4th bbq. Just messing with you :).

The Doctor
06-01-2010, 07:01 AM
For the Horde!!

mindtumor
06-01-2010, 07:25 AM
I stand corrected :).

Moxley Manor
06-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Went to Scarborough Fair, ate dinner at the haunted Catfish Plantation and visited a few cemeteries.