PDA

View Full Version : working on the hearse

hauntedghost
05-28-2010, 01:55 PM
well, right now i am having some problems on my hearse so far. i have working on it for the past days and i am not getting no were on it.

what it is wrong with it.. well i replace some of the fuses on it and i got back my dash lights back on. they didn't come on when i first got the hearse. now i am working on the back tail lights.

when you hit the breaks the tails light come on. and when you turn on the turn signals is fine too. both work fine. even hazard flashers are fine.

now when you want to drive at night the tail lights are not working.

i will post some pics of my car. and hopefully you can get an idea.

can any one help or any help will do!!

my hearse is a 1988 buick lesabre custom

thanks

HG

hauntedghost
05-28-2010, 02:53 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eykU2KlyYPo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eykU2KlyYPo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

this is my hearse.

any help?

thank you.

SomeThingInTheIce
05-28-2010, 03:37 PM
Did you check the bulbs, if they have more then one element the bulb would still work but not at all its functions. Right now Abby, my hearse has a parking light out but the turn signal still works. Turn on your head lights and look at the turn signal on your dash board if one of them is on (not flashing but just green) then one of the elements is not working in the front or the back of the side that the turn signal is on. If thats not it try cleaning the lamp holder, good luck. Hearses are great cars but they are a demanding mistress that knows when you have extra money in your wallet.lol.

hauntedghost
05-28-2010, 03:42 PM
both turn signal lights do work but i will try the cleaning the the lamp holder.

the bulbs are ok. i will see what i can do. be back in a bit

hauntedghost
05-28-2010, 04:34 PM
i just cleaned the lamp holder and it's alot better but the turn signal is dem when you turn them on. so like if you want to go right then turn right blinker on. but the right and left blinkers on the bulbs are dem.. now when you hit the breaks both lights come on.

also what kind of fuse will that car need for the lights in the back? 15 amp? 20 amp? 5 amp?

VSneader2
05-28-2010, 10:33 PM
It sounds like you could have a bad ground problem. I used to have an 85 monte carlo that did the same thing with the front turn signals, ended up being dirty and corroded grounds. also im sure you probably already know this but all the electrical and such should be pretty much identical to regular 88 lesabre so a hayes manual should be helpful

hauntedghost
05-29-2010, 09:39 AM
i need to pick on up soon cause i fet like working in the dark! LOL.. last night i was able to drive the car in the night. i replace the bulbs in the back tail lights and i did clean the lamp holders for it. but i broke something else too..