PDA

View Full Version : Places to eat in Columbus during MHC?

Dr Spooktakular
05-29-2010, 09:59 PM
There was a hamburger joint on Man vs. Food that was in Columbus, does anyone remember the name of this place? Are there any other can't miss places to eat while in Columbus?

Tater
05-29-2010, 10:45 PM
Yes Doc it was the Thurman Cafe its right on Thurman Ave. A short driving distance from the Hotel....thinking about hitting it up friday for lunch any one else game for a Thurman Burger?

PAT MATTHEWS/HOUSE OF WAX
05-29-2010, 11:13 PM
hmmm Scott are you talking about the big texan? lol

Darkblood
05-30-2010, 01:28 PM
I always have to hit up the J's York Steakhouse.
We used to have a York Steakhouse close to us and went there growing up in the 80's with my parents. Yum!
This is the last one standing, independantly owned by the same guy and it has not changed since the 80's! It's like a time machine, and the prices are awesome!
Also this year I'm heading a block or two away to W.G. Grinders (my bro-in-law had one in Toledo nearby and we'd eat there when we visited).
Yum!

Kirk

Barry
05-30-2010, 08:31 PM
There are a lot of places within walking distance as well as a short drive. Feel free to email me at barry@midwesthaunters.com with what you are looking for!

Barry
05-30-2010, 08:32 PM
Oh, and Schmidt's was on the Man vs Food episode too.

Badger
05-30-2010, 10:08 PM
Yes Doc it was the Thurman Cafe its right on Thurman Ave. A short driving distance from the Hotel....thinking about hitting it up friday for lunch any one else game for a Thurman Burger?

I'm game...

Banshee
05-31-2010, 07:15 AM
I have to go to Buca di Beppo at least once and of course hit a Skyline Chili once we are in range of Ohio !! ;) No 'Skilini's' in the south :(

HELLRAZZORS
05-31-2010, 07:56 AM
there s a great place across the street from the convention center called...BDs mongolian bbq....if u like stir fry... great place.....thurmans is great if u want a burger. they have the biggest and best burgers..betcha cant eat it all....steak frys are awesome....

HLYWDIANA
05-31-2010, 11:58 AM
We always eat at Max & Erma's because its so close and easy and has food everyone likes. But now that I know a BD's is nearby we will certainly be hitting that.

Mike Goff
05-31-2010, 01:58 PM
It's been a few years since I have been there, but the food is pretty good. Very cool train theme too.

jakprintsHAUNT
06-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Havent been to the BD's Mongolian in Columbus, but the one up by me in Cleveland is awseome! You pick everything out and they cook it on the giant mongolian bbq grill in front of you!

Mike "Pogo" Hach

HELLRAZZORS
06-01-2010, 02:14 PM
there s also a speggitti warehouse down the block too....great chicken parmesan....sorry i like to eat....