PDA

View Full Version : Cool Horror Movie

drfrightner
05-31-2010, 11:16 PM
This might be the best horror movie I've seen all year... The Collector. Has anyone seen this movie from the same guys who did Saw. It was one cool movie if you haven't seen it go out and get it. Top notch thriller slash gore slash horror movie.

Larry

Tater
06-01-2010, 12:52 AM
Yeah I saw it in the Theater Larry...your right its one of the best ones ive seen in the last year...once you see it you will just be thinking about it...

the ogre
06-01-2010, 07:52 AM
absolutly tater, especialy trying to wrap your mind about how he set up all those traps around the house. I enjoyed the movie and thought the mask the killer wore was sweet. Love to get my hands on one.

Tim

jakprintsHAUNT
06-01-2010, 10:49 AM
This was a great movie....brutal yet intelligent. And Ogre, on the mask...it is quite similar to Dr. Decker from Night Breed, there are several mask sites that make replicas such as Kreation X. Im sure someone out there is making an exact Collector replica though.

Mike "Pogo" Hach

shawng
06-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Larry, i watched this two nights ago, and yeah it was pretty good. I also however have to admit that although its mainstream, Daybreakers with Ethan Hawke, which came out to rent a couple days ago was pretty bad ass too!

Mutant Space Gerbil
06-01-2010, 03:58 PM
I thought it was pretty twisted every time he moved the psycho had placed another trap. As for how he did it everyone knows that psychos and monsters have the ability to warp time and space.

chuck weber
06-01-2010, 04:18 PM
it's been a while so I don't remember which ones, but I loved the movie! I think it was in the theatre for about a week. (at least around here) The guys from SAW did it. I tell everyone I know to rent THE COLLECTOR

jakprintsHAUNT
06-08-2010, 05:05 AM
I have a friend that is actually working on a Collector inspired mask...will post more details as it gets closer to being done.

Mike "Pogo" Hach

coasterfreak63
06-08-2010, 10:42 AM
I picked this movie up at blockbuster knowing nothing about it and I was pleasantly surprised.

The gore and the plot were fantastic, though I would have liked to know a little history on the collector himself.

Finally a good present day horror movie that isn't a remake.

I also recommend 30 Days of Night to anyone on here, great zombie / vampire movie.

chuck weber
06-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Jaksprint, please keep us updated with photos. thank you.

HauntedOzarks
06-08-2010, 10:17 PM
I actually was fairly disappointed in this movie. Maybe it was the marketing. I was expecting more of a scary thriller. I loved the setup of a robber being caught inside a house with a serial killer holding a family hostage. The possibilities for suspense were endless, but they went for the gruesome kills instead. While I do agree that the gore was very well done, it kinda pushed the limit for me in cringe worthy moments.

Also knowing that the writer and director were the writers of the last three or four "Saw" movies, I couldn't help but feel like these were all the rejected traps from those films.

And the killer himself confused me. I didn't know where he was coming from at all and it seemed to make the murders meaningless. As a writer myself, I know how hard it is to write a good movie villain and "The Collector" missed the mark for me. But I do give kudos for this not being a sequel or a remake.

chuck weber
06-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Lady coconuts

Dreamreaper
06-09-2010, 07:35 PM
We have that, gonna watch it tonight.

freak 'n' stein
06-10-2010, 08:39 AM
Larry, i watched this two nights ago, and yeah it was pretty good. I also however have to admit that although its mainstream, Daybreakers with Ethan Hawke, which came out to rent a couple days ago was pretty bad ass too!

Saw it a few months ago as well. I thought it was great cause of the originality. Those SAW guys never cease to amaze me. haha

Oh, and Daybreakers was great too!! Complete twist on the Vampire genre in my opinion.

damon carson
06-10-2010, 10:49 AM
I havent posted on this because when this thread was first posted it had been out on video a good month or more. But I did enjoy it. I've seen it twice and wouldnt mind watching it a third. It was different than the regular run of the mill horror movies and tired remakes.
Damon