PDA

View Full Version : Building a Vortex and Claustrophobia Wall

Nightmaresgate
06-02-2010, 12:16 PM
I have built a vortex before at another location. I am a robotics engineer by trade so the vortex itself isn't a problem. What is the problem is that the last one I made I used a fabric that would stretch horribly in high humidity... but when it was low humidity it would stretch tight as a drum. I know technology but NOTHING about fabric. Could anyone let me know what they feel is the best material for this? ANNNNNNNDDDDDDD.... LOL... I am building a claustrophobia wall as well.... and would love to know what material to use for that. And if you know what I did with my youthfull enthusiasm I would like to get that back too!
Corwyn

Jim Warfield
06-02-2010, 09:17 PM
"High Humidity"..do you mean "Rain"?
Nobody knows it all, do they? I know I sure don't!
Cover it with white furr , put a big handle from the middle and you would have the world's biggest paint roller!
"Ever walked through a giant paint roller before? Nobody else has either!"

cheeseboy33
06-02-2010, 09:52 PM
I am very glad this topic just came up because my haunt recently acquired a perfect "tube like object" for a vortex tunnel so I am in need of all the pictures and general advice, tips, tricks etc that all of you wise people have accumulated over your combined years of haunting experience.

Dreamreaper
06-02-2010, 10:27 PM
We are on our third vortex that I built, this one is with spandex. you may look into that.