PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio Haunter

gregsalyers
02-20-2007, 05:29 PM
Is anyone here from the San Antonio/Austin area. I am looking for a potential partner to help put together a pro haunt in this area.

brad
02-21-2007, 03:01 PM
I do know that there are 1 or 2 haunters on here, but I cant remember names right now. I am from Longview(4 hours N.E. of you). What all are you looking to collaborate on?

gregsalyers
02-21-2007, 03:35 PM
Best case scenario is another Haunter who wants to go pro that I can partner with and pool resources to get it done....however I am more than open to a silent partner or someone who would just like to help get me going. I am very serious about opening a pro haunt in San Antonio...I believe a city of this size is dramatically under penetrated. We have 3, haunts (4 if you count Six Flags) and they are all downtown....there is alot of San Antonio left. I jst got back from HauntX and I am going to Hauntcon in May....I am definately a novice, but I am learning as fast as I can, I think I have every book on the subject and subscribe to all the magazines, I am building props and working on a business plan. I am just lacking enough money and hours in the day to get it done myself. My family supports me in principle, but none have any time to actually help. I have a good friend moving into SA next month and I believe he is on board, but a partner might allow me to do more faster.

brad
02-27-2007, 04:48 PM
Greg, I am slightly interested at this point. What all do you own already, as fas as props, costumes and supplies? How big of a haunt are you looking for, for your first year?

Send me a PM and we can talk more.

Wolfenhowie
07-27-2007, 11:37 AM
Hi,
I am a home haunter off Hausman and 10 near six flags. I have been elaborately decking out the yard each year. A couple of years ago, I sold all of my stuff to a Pro Haunt in Austin. since then, I have rebuilt and continue to grow. where are you located? I cannot provide financial assistance, but would love to get on-board to build and help any way I can . I agree, with Six flags, Nightmare on Grayson and
Teror Mansion, there is definitely room for improvement. I shoot for realism and detailed sets. as it stands now, I have cemetery fencing and tombstones. I plan on building a mausoleum this year also.

gregsalyers
07-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Because I was not able to find a location, a pro haunt is not going to happen this year......however a would love to compare notes and ideas on what you are doing

Wolfenhowie
07-29-2007, 08:23 AM
I have quite a few ideas floating around in my head! I just hired on with AT&T here in town after a lay-off from my previous company. I am really looking forward to being home where I can concentrate on the yard display and not have to rush everything like I have the last few years due to having to travel! I would love to discuss ideas with you and collaborate any way I can. As we near Halloween, keep in touch and I'll give you directions to the house. I'll see if i can post some pictures from the past few years to give you an idea of my level of interest. Of course, my inspirations are Disney and the Haunted Cannon Manor from the Texas State Fair back in the eighties. I was lucky enough to meet Lance Pope before he passed on and he really got me going on the realism and just the over-all passion for haunts.

P.S: The corner of UTSA BLVD, across from COSTCO is an old-run-down house on at least 5 acres! Dream spot-overgrown trees, shrubs, etc. Unfortunately, I am sure the price is through the roof due to the new development out here.......