PDA

View Full Version : Any Suggestions for rooms fitting a wolfman theme?

Dr Spooktakular
06-24-2010, 12:13 AM
We're about 1/2 way through our new side attraction for 2010 that is a "wolfman" theme. Any suggestions on some rooms, themes fitting the wolfman genre?

Jim Warfield
06-24-2010, 12:31 AM
Otherwise known now as Wolfman cool-down rooms.
A table with a bunch of old razors laid around on it.
Those sticky hair-rollers gobbed full of long, nasty, wild hair!
Don't forget the deep scratches al up and down the trim alongside the doors.
Empty dog food bags all over too.

Allen H
06-24-2010, 07:48 AM
1 An old school transformation chamber would be cool
2 forest set of course
3 asylum set (with lycanthropy info and pics pinned to a cork board)
4 A lab where a "cure" is being developed (wolves bane being refined, Silver nitrate ready to inject)
5 perhaps a werewolf body mid dissection alla Underworld
6 Do a small transformation chamber where a severed arm changes and right in front of them
7 A trophy room with big game heads to show that even when he is a man he is still a hunter
A camp site that is trashed the classic four slashes in the tent
8 A set of foot prints that as they are followed turn from wolf to man or vise versa (could be a detail worked into any set)
9 Grandmas house set with little red riding hoods hood and basket on the floor, blood spatters every where, and a big bed thet the werewolf pops out of.
10 a witchs hut/ sanctum where the right of transformation takes place, could be a killer set (black candles cerimonial dagger, chalk pentagram outline, the whole nine yards) in medieval times werewollves would put on a wolfskin belt or cover them selves in a salve made from all kinds of nasty stuff including babies fat, also all werewolves got their power by making a deal with the devil.
11 a medieval courtroom where a man is on trial for being a werewolf
I have some kick ass books about werewolves if you want to borrow them (remember I own a monster museum)
how is that for starters?
Im using none of these in my show this year aside from the forrest set.
Allen H

derekatronic
06-24-2010, 10:59 AM
I dig Allen's ideas that play up the transformation theme. You see a lot more wolfmen/wolfmonsters than actual transformations - and that's such a huge part of werewolf horror. It's pure body horror (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_horror) (click for details).

I was thinking of one effect, which is used all over the place for transformations, or for switches between actors and stunt doubles:

As the guests enter a room, a guy is in the throes of a tranformation, his body expanding grotesquely in odd places, blistering flesh, screaming agony, asking the guests to help him or end his misery. This is the body horror. The guy falls behind a barrier (like the aforementioned camp tent, or gurney in a lab, or pedestal in a cultish room) and a werewolf springs out at them from where the guy had fallen - another actor, of course. This is the scare, which should be set up well by the creepiness from before.

GreatCaesarsGhost
06-24-2010, 06:46 PM
I like the trashed campsite with a tent shredded up and maybe some multilated bodies.

What is up Dr. Spook? What it be like my brotha?!?

damon carson
06-25-2010, 01:56 PM
A cemetary by or within the woods. Remember to have a large full moon that shows up in the background. Low lying fog. Anything to make it look creepy!
Damon

Jim Warfield
06-25-2010, 02:45 PM
maybe some graduation pictures from the late 1960s?
All that hair spells werewolf!

Dr Spooktakular
06-28-2010, 12:20 PM
All great ideas, thanks everyone. Still welcoming more ideas on wolfman themeing.

PAT MATTHEWS/HOUSE OF WAX
07-10-2010, 02:42 AM
I liked the red riding hood idea

Matt Marich
07-10-2010, 07:35 AM
Check with Kyle from splatterFX, he is sculpting some amazing werewolf stuff!

Dr Spooktakular
07-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Doing an asylum room with an actor in the changing into werewolf process, a lab room, woods and cemetery scene, cave room, london city streets scene, campground scene, and of course, a little red riding hood scene, plus more. For a side attraction, it should turn out real good.