PDA

View Full Version : Prosthetic Mask Question

Raycliff Manor
06-29-2010, 09:54 AM
I recently saw information on prepping a foam latex prosthetic before and after applying makeup to seal the makeup and keep the prosthetic from smearing through the haunt season. I can't remember if this was a product that is applied to the prosthetic before and after applying makeup. Does anyone have any insights on this? Thanks for your help!

Kel

effekz
06-29-2010, 11:15 AM
In the beginning, I use to use RMG (rubber mask Grease paint) since it didn't soak into the foam and flake off like other make-up. Eventually I went the route of using a 50/50 mix of pros-aide and acrylic paint. You may have to powder the prosthetic once painted, since the pros-aide remains a bit tacky. Once you're finished though, the makeup is set, and I've never had to do any touch ups. I've been going that route for years on all my prosthetics.

Hope that helps!

Jeremy
c/o Hauntatorium Studios

jakprintsHAUNT
06-29-2010, 12:05 PM
Kelly,

You can go this same route with many other makeups and paints (Mixing with Prosthetic Adhesive aka Pros-Aid). It is often called PAX...you can get all sorts of "recipes" for it if you Google it. Great for general makeup too. Stays on better than most makeups.

Mike "Pogo" Hach

Raycliff Manor
06-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the tips and suggestions Jeremy and Mike! I appreciate the insights!

Kel

OblivionHauntedHouse
07-01-2010, 10:01 AM
I have had success with Mehron Barrier Sealer Spray. It's pretty cheap and does the job. Works great for spraying face paint jobs, too if you have actors who sweat a lot