PDA

View Full Version : SCREAMPARK 2010 is underway!...

Nightgore
07-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Hey guys,

So... just like last year, I'm starting a thread to update everybody on the construction and new things happening here at SCREAMPARK!!! 2009 was our very first season, and boy did we have a season! We started working on this years event on November 1st of 2009... and here is what's happening!

1- New Logo for 2010
2- One of our guys starting to paint a new room in our Insanity attraction
3- Paint applied in new room, awaiting several new props and set dressings...

-Tyler

Nightgore
07-04-2010, 02:33 PM
More pics...

1-An old room in our Castle is getting a very new look and design!
2- We've been making LOTS of new sock masks
3- A new look for the crazies of Insanity!

Nightgore
07-04-2010, 02:37 PM
More...

1- Our castle is getting a new face... Amazing vacuform from Rodney/NightScream Studios!!! Great product, great people!
2- Testing out the look of a new character!

Also, lots of very exciting things have been happening around here. We've already signed a list of NEW sponsors for this season! Some of the things we're really focusing on is marketing, set/attraction detail and characters!!!

Hope everybody is having a good 4th of July!

I'll update this as much as possible!

Be sure to "fan" us on Facebook at facebook.com/screampark... This page is CONSTANTLY updated with new things! Also, follow us on Twitter @thescreampark

Happy Hauntings,

Tyler

Pumpkin King
07-04-2010, 03:23 PM
WOW! That looks incredible! :D I love the masks!

coasterfreak63
07-04-2010, 05:03 PM
New logo looks awesome.

And I have to ask did you purchase Castle of Fear from Frightworld in Buffalo?

The entrance and logo just looks so familiar in the photo on your myspace.

Nightgore
07-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys... and yes, Castle used to call Buffalo home! ;) -Tyler

Dr Spooktakular
07-04-2010, 10:07 PM
What kind of head bust are you using for your sock masks?

OblivionHauntedHouse
07-04-2010, 10:47 PM
Looking GREAT guys!

coasterfreak63
07-05-2010, 11:07 AM
I knew it looked familiar.

Castle of Fear was always my favorite at Frightworld, I was sad to see it go.

It was the first haunted house that really scared the living sh*t out of my when I was ten and actually sparked my interested in the haunt industry.

Im happy to see it lives on with someone that has a huge passion for the haunt industry.

Motograter
07-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Looking good Tyler, keep it up!

Nightgore
07-06-2010, 11:00 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys!... I'll have more pics by the weekend!! -Tyler

MDKing
07-07-2010, 07:21 AM
Tyler,

It's coming along nicely, you guys already mean business!

Good luck!

Allan

Nightgore
07-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Allan,

Thanks for the kind words!! SCREAMPARK year 2 is already looking to be crazy for us!! We've already sold out one night for a private opening and have 2 other private events scheduled!

We've working hard on this years show, started in November if last year! This season we're focusing on detail and actors!! We've also started conceptual drawing and planning for a brand new attraction for 2011!! But I literally can't say anymore than that!

Our new website will be up soon... It's looking scary as hell j might add!!

More pics coming!!!

-Tyler

Nightgore
07-10-2010, 11:44 PM
Here's some new things... just a few...

1- A pencil drawing of one of the new scenes in our INSANITY attraction..
2- The same drawing but after a render and colorization.

Nightgore
07-10-2010, 11:47 PM
Also, you guys will want to pay really close attention to our website, scarylexington.com, tonight (Sunday, July 11th) as we begin to launch SCREAMPARK 2010!!!

We've got some very cool stuff planned including showing something very eerie we made... just thought it would help build anticipation! ;)

Anyways... our site looks amazing and when it's launched I'd love to hear feedback on it! But stay tuned to our site... some things might change daily for the next 4-5 days! ;) Bwahahahahaha.....

-Tyler

Nightgore
08-18-2010, 02:12 PM
It's been awhile since I posted anything... so here are some pics...

-First two from the 4th of July Parade... had a great turnout and people were actually applauding us as we went by!? Awesome time!
-Starting the new look/retheme for our insanity attraction!
-New pipe workings for Insanity... thanks to Mike "Tattoo" for explaining this!!

Nightgore
08-18-2010, 02:15 PM
A few more...

-One of our creatures at an on-site promo we did at a local business...
-Two of our crazies from Insanity...
-Two of our three Icons... Accumulus and Barnibus
-Beginnings of wall detail in Insanity...

-Tyler

Nightgore
08-18-2010, 02:16 PM
More...

-Door for our doctors office..
-More wall detail (not done) in Insanity...

-Tyler

scattered screams
08-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Looking good or should I say scary. But anyway keep up the good work and them pics coming.

Hope you have a great season.

Andrew

Nightgore
08-18-2010, 08:37 PM
Here's a pic from today... one of our crew guys peering through a broken slat wall inside our Insanity attraction... More later.

-Tyler

extreme evil
08-19-2010, 08:59 AM
I think it looks great. I own Extreme Evil and won't be able to open til next year, but I can't wait. I can't think of a better way to make a living and have fun at the same time.

drfrightner
08-19-2010, 11:35 AM
Tyler thanks for all the pics... I love to see what people are up to!

Looks like you are putting a lot of dedication into your event!

Great job.
Larry

Nightgore
08-26-2010, 05:50 PM
More pics from a photoshoot we had!

-Tyler

Nightgore
08-26-2010, 05:55 PM
One of our poster designs and a shirt design...

-Tyler

soulhasdied
08-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Looking good...Are you gonna offer the posters for sale too?

Nightgore
08-26-2010, 06:56 PM
All of our posters are FREE!! -Tyler

danglin
08-26-2010, 10:11 PM
Tyler,

Everything you and your crew are doing looks great! I wish I could come up and see it this year. All that planning is definately paying off. I hope we get as much done in our second year next year as you did....assuming we live through our first year!

Good luck, and keep sharing the pictures!

brad
08-27-2010, 05:01 AM
Looking good buddy!! Keep up the good work man.

Nightgore
08-27-2010, 03:18 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys!! Our crew reads these and it really gets them going to do better! Thanks!

Dewayne,

You know your welcome up anytime of the year! We are staying open the first weekend in November (Saturday, November 6th) for a local horror/paranormal convention! (The Scarefest)... this would be a great opportunity to check us out if you're available! If you are, I'll make sure to set some tickets aside for you in the ticket booth... None-the-less, your welcome anytime of the year!

-Tyler

Nightgore
08-27-2010, 04:27 PM
Here's our 2010 radio ads for the season... let me know what you think!

-Tyler

dfB5rtvBxy8

halloweenroom
08-27-2010, 08:24 PM
you guys are awesome! keep it up!

chuck weber
08-27-2010, 08:28 PM
I'd print them on good stock and sell them at your gift shop. very nice.

Dark Attraction
08-27-2010, 10:21 PM
Love the spinning tunnel pic!

:D

Nightgore
08-28-2010, 09:35 AM
Thanks for all the comments guys!

Chuck,

We give the posters away free because we've found that our customers WANT to take them... they'll talk about us more... really hype us up... and we've had a few KNOWN cases where our posters where seen in New York and California... not to mention one hanging up on the wall in the office of the Ghost Hunters! ;) I feel if we charged for these things... even a penny, they wouldn't go over as well as they have.

As for the artwork itself... we do all that in house. The website, the music, the art, photography/video, etc. etc. etc... it's all done by us and us alone! So we're glad to hear you like it!

-Tyler

PS: That is a nice spinning tunnel pic! ;)

MDKing
08-28-2010, 10:29 PM
It sounds great Tyler, you're kicking butt this year! Everything looks great!
Allan

(Darkangel I responded to your email. or Dawn's email let me know if that works for you)Thanks.

graystone
08-28-2010, 11:55 PM
Looking good man! Shane and its keep it up! Shane this time!

Raycliff Manor
08-29-2010, 05:27 AM
Looking awesome Tyler! You and your crew are really raising the bar! Here's to a safe and hugely successful season!

Kel

Nightgore
08-30-2010, 06:39 PM
Thanks so much for the comments guys! We're really busting ass to try and do a great show this year!

Here's two more progress pics of a new bathroom scene we're doing! Nothing much, but it's just an update... more later.

-Tyler

Nightgore
09-01-2010, 11:01 PM
Starting to finish out bathroom scene... Getting gross!

-Tyler

Nightgore
09-01-2010, 11:07 PM
We are finishing up one of our attractions tonight! We have two more to go plus a large wait area to clean and re-theme... also redoing the outside of the building, make it more... "hauntish", less warehouse.

We start shooting our TV commercial tomorrow. That should be fun. We're down to the wire now... lots to do in the next 20 days!

I love it... the season is at our doorstep! -Tyler

chuck weber
09-03-2010, 03:15 PM
what are those ScareFactory props doing in that one photo? OOPS ! (just kidding).... Place looks great, though. Good luck this year guys!

Nightgore
09-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Here's two quick pics from on top one of our attractions, we're finishing this one up and moving to the next; we have 2 more to do! Ugh... so busy! The pics show one of our crew running the last of the minispot wiring... BTW... we are in LOVE with the fluorescent fixtures from miniispotlight.com... they are amazing and simple to use!

Also, got in all our orders today EXCEPT from Edge Designs! We'll see...

Chuck,

Hahahaha.... no. ;)

-Tyler

chuck weber
09-10-2010, 11:51 PM
post more photos when you can. thanks!

Nightgore
09-14-2010, 01:53 PM
Some more pics... will post a video later today!

-Tyler

coasterfreak63
09-14-2010, 03:25 PM
It all looks awesome Tyler.

That toilet it just absolutly disgusting, I love it!!

Nightgore
09-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the comments, the crew really appreciate it! Here's our 2010 TV ad:

zhTf9xN1osg

We'll also run a :5, :10 and :15... little spot-ish hits between shows and on the web.

-Tyler

Nightgore
09-21-2010, 09:04 AM
OK...

Phew... what a long couple of days.... Build, paint, detail... Build, paint, detail... Build, paint, detail... Build, paint, detail... INSPECTIONS!

So, our inspections went great! Totally a haunters dream... we literally don't have to do ANYTHING! We passed with flying colors and the fire AND building inspectors only had great things to say. What a weight lifted off our backs! We've been busting ass the past week trying to finish up... and we're done! We're good to open THURSDAY! Of which, I already know of 100 people coming.... already a MASSIVE increase of last years opening night. As one of our crew says, "Everything's comin' up rainbows!"... hahaha....

Everyone seems to LOVE the TV and radio spots... all of which we produced in house. So that makes us feel awesome!

But, here are some more pics of some of the finished work! These pics are from our "Castle of Fear" attraction.

-Tyler

Nightgore
09-21-2010, 09:06 AM
Here's a look at our current "work in progress"... our ticket booth! It has a brand new look and feel for this year. Again, we're still working on it.

-Tyler

coasterfreak63
09-21-2010, 09:36 AM
I miss castle of fear over here in buffalo, but from what I remember you've made it look ever better.

Just awesome work, glad to hear your inspections went well.

Nightgore
09-21-2010, 01:00 PM
Thank you! We've done our best trying to improve upon an already awesome attraction from Frightworld! We're home to two attractions from there... Castle of Fear and Insanity! Both, have seen MAJOR overhauls in design, dressing, and overall look and feel.

Maybe you could come down and experience them as they are now! ;)

-Tyler

The Mad Hatter
09-21-2010, 01:20 PM
This is some great stuff. I love the Ticket booth you guys made a lot! Tell your lighting guy he does a great job on lighting the sets. And thanks so much for posting pictures I wish more haunts would.

Frank Balzer
FrankWillisBalzer@yahoo.com
www.RotHauntedHouse.com
---------------------------------------
www.R-Fx.com

Bradenton Haunted Trail
09-21-2010, 02:44 PM
The Haunt Looks Great! Best of Luck.

chuck weber
09-21-2010, 02:57 PM
Tyler, your photos are awesome!!!! just looking at your photos you feel like you're right in there. The time you took to "DECORATE" really paid off. I'm just a haunt fan, but I appreciate the quality of your attraction. All the best to you this season!

Nightgore
09-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys... we're really excited about opening! GAH... the season is HERE!!! -Tyler

graystone
09-21-2010, 10:00 PM
Sorry guys I been so busy with DiStUrBiA I have not had time to veiw this thread because I am posting like crazy on mine!!!! Guys its looking Amazing! I am proud for you guys! Shane and its Keep it up! Shane this time.