PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Horror Movie

ALittleFreaky
02-24-2007, 08:56 PM
What is everyone's favorite horror movie? You know the one you can watch over and over and it still scares you.
Mine would have to be The Exorcist. I was so young when I saw that movie for the first time. I think I was maybe 7 or 8 . About 3 months ago I ran into an old friend I didn't see in years, we had been friends when we were 11. Anyway, right away she said to me "Remember when I slept at your house and we stayed up and watched that movie The Exorcist". Now being 35, I thought, oh thats bad, my parents not only allowed me to watch it but my friends too! I never knew it was wrong! Ha!Ha! So tell me is anyone else out there still scared when they go to bed at night, that Regan will be sitting on their bed??

Jim Warfield
02-24-2007, 10:09 PM
My oldest son, the movie-nut had seen the Exorcist before so when it came on Tv it wasn't really a big deal, I told my wife to wait a few minutes then pretend to go into menopause and throw a fit, send him to his room.
As he laid down on his bed, with the lights all on, his whole bed began shaking and seeming to lift right off the floor.
Yes I was laying under the bed, making it move. But the look on his face!!!

SomeThingInTheIce
02-25-2007, 08:02 AM
Your own kid Jim.lol. My favorite horror movie is "The Thing" I love that movie, thats were I got SomeThing In The Ice from.

Jim Warfield
02-25-2007, 10:31 AM
Here I thought "Something in the Ice" was from one of those phoney clear plastic ice cubes with a plastic fly trapped inside.
(No, I guessed the movie influence. Scary movie)
I am old enough to remember when the original "Thing" movie was constantly being shown on tv. For it's "day", that older version had alot of suspense and drama in it, even though it only seemed to have one set and one camera filming, I think I heard once that this was because it was originally a stage play and the first movie didn't really get re-written for the screen production?
In other words, they just filmed a play.

SomeThingInTheIce
02-25-2007, 10:39 AM
I saw that movie when I was a kid "The Thing From Outerspace" they should make a sequel. Its funny that you brought up the plastic ice cube with the fly in it, I was going to make up a tray of plastic ice cubes with Black Widow spiders in them. Some day I'll get around to it.

ALittleFreaky
02-25-2007, 01:24 PM
My oldest son, the movie-nut had seen the Exorcist before so when it came on Tv it wasn't really a big deal, I told my wife to wait a few minutes then pretend to go into menopause and throw a fit, send him to his room.
As he laid down on his bed, with the lights all on, his whole bed began shaking and seeming to lift right off the floor.
Yes I was laying under the bed, making it move. But the look on his face!!!
Jim, that is so funny!! I think if that ever happened to me my heart would stop! There's something about that girl! I even have a great looking Regan prop, we keep her in the living room. But guess who, NEVER stays downstairs late at night alone with that prop? Gotta go, I'm late for my therapy appointment. Ha!Ha!

Jim Warfield
02-25-2007, 02:04 PM
I met a guy who once bought a very realistic looking civil war cannon made out of foam.
He really didn't know where to put it after he brought it home so it was positioned at the end of his couch in the living room.
When boys would come over to pick up his daughter for a date he would always have them sit on the couch , cannon pointed right at them and made sure they had some waiting to do before she was available.

mindtumor
03-09-2007, 07:20 PM
I think I like the first halloween the best but believe it or not I really liked Silent Hill almost as much.

Nightmaretony
03-09-2007, 11:07 PM
Exorcist scared the (feces) out of me as a kid.

tius kewl to know Eileen Deitz these days, working with her. Super kewl lady, can't wait to swap stories about it and future projects!

ALittleFreaky
03-10-2007, 11:50 AM
Exorcist scared the (feces) out of me as a kid.

tius kewl to know Eileen Deitz these days, working with her. Super kewl lady, can't wait to swap stories about it and future projects!
I can't agree with you more! Reagan still scares me! She was just so scary looking sitting in the bed, with her head spinning!

Warren Vanderdark
03-15-2007, 04:28 AM
The original version of "The Fog" directed by John Carpenter. I've long been a believer that what you DON'T see can be far scarier than what you do ("Blair Witch Project", anyone?) and this movie was a sterling example of that.

One of the creepiest moments in the movie, IMHO, occurs during the opening of the film, when the elderly lighthouse keeper (a wonderful cameo by the legendary John Houseman) tells the story of the sinking of the ship Elizabeth Dane to a group of kids huddled around a campfire on the beach...

mrs_boo
04-03-2007, 07:58 PM
I haven't seen all that many scary movies, but I think I liked the remake of Dawn of the Dead the best. Thanks to my husband I'm a fan of all things zombie now. I did like the Resident Evil (they weren't great) movies too.