PDA

View Full Version : Horse Drawn Hearse for under $100

PumpkinHead
02-26-2007, 07:43 PM
Hey all, after seeing SITI's awesome hearse buy on ebay I remembered these plans for a stationary hearse prop that costs under $100. It doesn't roll and is nowhere near as awesome as the one SITI just got, but hey it's $100 ! With some embelleshment it might look pretty darn cool!

http://www.bastardrat.com/2005horsedrawnhearsehow-to.html

Enjoy!
-PH

Kevin Dells
02-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Pumpkinhed Thanks for the link, you just gave me a summer project.
I can so build that!

Theres a use for all those balusters!! I have some nice thick ones too.

We also use Wrought iron a lot and have a few extra's occasionaly at work, i wonder how that would look incorporated into it as well!

One of those would look pretty cool behind one of those Scare Factory Coffin Dragsters! Forget the horse!

One thing i also noticed, if you wanted to make it a lot nicer looking for just a little more cost,say an extra 100 bucks, substitute oak plywood for the OSB board they used for sides,front and back. Stain it black and then varnish it glossy. A coffee brown would look real rich.

Man im excited whens the snow going to melt!

wipp
02-26-2007, 08:10 PM
ph you rock.now teach me how to build a dead horse

PumpkinHead
02-26-2007, 08:18 PM
ph you rock.now teach me how to build a dead horse

Your wish is my command .....

http://www.bastardrat.com/h2005horse.html

:D

campdoc
02-26-2007, 09:36 PM
Wow....This is great!!
I've got 2sets of wagon wheels ,I've had for ever.!
You just gave me the project ,I've been looking for.
Thanks...

and..
The best place to get wagon wheel's
is Jakes Country trading post..in Pa
www.jakesctp.com

PumpkinHead
02-26-2007, 09:44 PM
I think I might make one too. Thanks for that link ,the only thing holding me back was the wheels! I think that BigLots has them sometimes in their interior decorations department. Another thing wagon wheels are good for are pirate ship steering wheels, just attatch handles to the rim at the end of each spoke and attatch the thing to a base.

damon carson
02-27-2007, 03:15 PM
Very cool props to make. The hearse part would be all that hard to make mobile would it? I would think it would, nor should it be that much more expensive? What does everyone else think? Any body others input on this?!
Damon

SomeThingInTheIce
02-27-2007, 04:52 PM
Very cool props to make. The hearse part would be all that hard to make mobile would it? I would think it would, nor should it be that much more expensive? What does everyone else think? Any body others input on this?!
Damon
The one on ebay was made from instructions that he found on the internet, he said he used them as a guide but changed somethings up. These could be them, I don't think it would be that hard to make it mobile, as he was able to make it work but he pointed out that it is a prop and should not be sat upon. (even though he had his photo taken on it) Now making it so it could be pulled by a horse could be tricky. If you do this project tells us how it goes.

campdoc
02-27-2007, 08:14 PM
The first thing ,I would change or add to the prop.
I would start with a steel 1x3 square tube frame, with drop supports
to the axles.
My biggest fear ,would be a bunch of kids playing around on it.

wipp
03-08-2007, 08:57 AM
i finally found the wagon wheels.i will be starting mine.im thinkin of makin that into a consession booth for our guests

Jim Warfield
03-08-2007, 09:15 AM
I suggest building the horsey-hearsy as substantial as you can because rowdy people have been known to assume something is more sturdy than it really is.
I can see someone just running and jumping onto this.

wipp
03-08-2007, 09:22 AM
i agree,i plan to be able to lock it up wile im away,and the wheels will be for show only.im also not gonna use the upside down storage bin as a seat.

drfrightner
03-08-2007, 12:27 PM
Wow that looks awesome!!! Thanks for sharing!

Larry

Frighteners Entertainment
03-08-2007, 12:36 PM
For those of that don't know who the builder is "Bob Andrews".
Bob had this for sale a few years ago.

Nightmaretony
03-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Wonder whatever happened to Bob, tis been ages since I heard his name...

Barry
03-08-2007, 02:14 PM
Bob is still around. he is the mod on the -L list.

03-08-2007, 02:39 PM
He's also a consultant for Frighteners Entertainment.

Well, that's what it said on his transworld badge! LOL

Nightmaretony
03-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Ah, ok. I knocked myself out of -L ages ago because it was impossible to keep up with. (insanely busy schedule out here)

Barry
03-08-2007, 03:23 PM
THat is what is the greatest thing about Gmail, its ability to sort by threads. I use is for all of my lists and Yahoo groups. Just archive whatever I don't feel like reading.

drfrightner
03-08-2007, 03:39 PM
Did anyone see the inflatable one at the TW show? I'm sure that will be a HUGE seller at Walmart this Halloween.

Larry

03-08-2007, 03:44 PM
I sure did Larry. I had to order a few of those along with a long list of things from gemmy this year.

wipp
03-16-2007, 05:46 PM
i found very cheap wagon wheels at harbor freight,if anyone is interested.35 dollars and they just reduced them to 15.99 each
also i noticed the back wheels are larger than the front on most pics i have seen.harbor freight also sells a 99 dollar wheel that would look awsome on the back of the hearse.its bigger and has way more detail.but since no1 will notice i will go with 4 of the 15 dollar ones

wipp
03-16-2007, 05:47 PM
or mabie its because im cheap

Jim Warfield
03-17-2007, 12:30 AM
Or get two wheels and build a hearse that will only be seen from one side?
Or buy one wheel, cut it in half and have a half-hearse seen from one side that is sinking into the ground?
As it sinks a myriad of grasping, reaching arms are seen coming out of the gound to pull the hearse downward to it's final destiny......
A hearse /unicylce wouldn't make much sense to the average person, don't do that...unless a flock of large bats was balancing it, flapping madly with their stealthy wings?
And then the corpse in the coffin sits up and says:"Do I ger Bonus-miles for travelling straight down too?"
It's another dam credit card add!
OK credit card companys this idea for an October ad is hereby patented, copyrighted and sealed in the vault of Dean Witter and Associates if you want to use (or mis-use ?) it , it is going to cost you!

clearcloud
03-17-2007, 08:33 PM
I wish I had the room for something like this. Not to mention the neighbors would think I was crazier than I already am!

Jim Warfield
03-17-2007, 10:45 PM
Go for the "CRazy"! It is what gives your neighbors something to talk about and you a memory to occupy your head, keeping out the wisenheimer, er, alztheimer, or something ?
People have expressed such opinions about me but guess what? I have more fun and more laughs and more feelings of accomplishment each week than they ever experience in a year!
Once old age, crippling and the wheelchair find you it's then too late to do the same fun, outrageous things that you should be doing now! Yes NOW! Right this second, go over to the window, stick your head out and yell, "I'm crazy as hell! And I'm not going to play your game anymore!"
"I'm crazy as hell and you can't get your trained weasels back from me anymore!"
"I'm as crazy as visiting hell on a hot tricycle with an iceberg for a seat and I'm not Vicky Lake anymore!"
There.
That should get you started.
Enjoy.