PDA

View Full Version : Creepyworld ... Now 7 Haunts (Photos)

drfrightner
08-10-2010, 03:02 AM
Okay folks... I know I'm way behind here and that is because we are trying to build TWO haunts in TWO months (Lemp and Creepyworld).

Here are some updates... Lemp by the end of this week the entire maze will be completed and I mean soup to nuts. Then it will be painted and we'll start building scenes inside after Creepyworld is done.

Lemp will get the best treatment we can possible do in such a short period of time... which isn't much. Lemp however will be totally re-done for the Haunt show in St. Louis next March. That is a promise!

Creepyworld is NOW SEVEN haunted houses in ONE location for ONE Price... we have added three new attractions: Choppers Gore and Grill, Ice Scream Factory 3D, and Route 666 Drive Inn.

I will get some photos uploaded starting later tonight. I'm going for a visit today.

Let me give you some details... Ice Scream Factory 3D is a 3D haunt clearly based around a serial killer in an ice cream factory. Route 666 Drive Inn is my favorite by far... it will feature a REAL move screen and we will show REAL movies. You weave in and out of wrecked parked cars and actors scare you...it looks just like a REAL drive inn its wild.

Silo-X was always kind of done half ass... so I had it totally torn down and thrown way into trash cans. This is built from scratch and well its pretty awesome now!!!! Again more photos of that coming soon.

Creepyworld will be HUGE this year... and I mean HUGE!

We are trying something new as well NO WAITING IN LINE!

More on that later.

Larry

Front Yard Fright
08-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Very interesting! Can't wait to see some progress pictures!
:).

hauntboys
08-10-2010, 10:34 AM
Route 666 sounds great! Walking past parked cars,then maybe run down concession stand.Movie projector running.Good possibilities in this theme.Great stuff! Dan

damon carson
08-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Ya I like the drive-in idea as well. Like the logo for it. Not crazy about the other two. Looking forward to checking it all out.
Damon

freak 'n' stein
08-10-2010, 12:50 PM
...always an innovator!! It's great to see haunts venturing WELL beyond the typical hospital, house, or clown themes...

...can't wait to see!! I will DEFINITELY be in St. Louis again for 2011!!

Pumpkin King
08-10-2010, 01:18 PM
Great theme ideas! Can't wait to see it in action!

damon carson
08-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Hope to see photos soon.
Damon

drfrightner
08-11-2010, 01:38 AM
Okay here are some photos... working on the 3D haunt its coming out pretty cool. I will upload more pics soon. Larry

Raycliff Manor
08-11-2010, 08:09 AM
Awesome as always Larry! By the way, we've already booked our rooms for TW 2011 and we're looking forward to the Lemp Haunt Tour!

Kel

damon carson
08-11-2010, 09:49 AM
Love the drive-in! It had the classic old look of an old time drive in. Great job. This sounds pretty cool. Is is like a maze of old wreck cars? Just wondering.
Damon

phreakout
08-12-2010, 12:30 AM
The drive in pictures look insane. I love the details!

Dreamreaper
08-12-2010, 09:14 AM
Is that a real drive-in? and are you going to be playing something on it? Looks like its going to be fun, can't wait.

damon carson
08-12-2010, 10:11 AM
So from what Im gathering from the pics where the drive in is right in front of Ravens Mansion. The drive in is gonna be the que line. Because it is where it used to be. This is a very creative idea if this is what you are doing. Larry I hope your gonna finally show that old reel movie of Night of the Living Dead you showed me in the old Darkness way back when you were in the old Welsch Baby Carriage Factory. Very interactive idea! I've always wanted to do a que line where you more or less are waiting inside the haunt.
Damon

chuck weber
08-12-2010, 10:27 AM
another great original idea from Larry and company. Finally! , something new. looks like a real winner.

shawnc
08-12-2010, 08:10 PM
The haunted drive-in is a great idea for many potential haunters.

Minimal space needed (much smaller than a trail); no building needed (except for the snack bar/rest rooms, which can be a big shack and offers lots of scare possibilities); junk cars filling in a lot of the space (always a problem with an open trail or new haunt short on props); a movie offering entertainment on the screen; and those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Excellent and original idea!

Don't forget the playground.

drfrightner
08-18-2010, 01:46 AM
Here is some more pics of Creepyworld's Drive Inn... seems like a lot of interest in it. The idea of these billboards is that they are old and cheap promoting local business. All the billboards promote attractions at Creepyworld.

FYI... I've been wanting to do a drive inn theme for like 10 plus years. I hope it turns out awesome... we'll see.

Larry

chuck weber
08-18-2010, 08:26 PM
looks like you have plenty of room there too.

drfrightner
08-19-2010, 12:54 AM
Here are a couple more photos. The drive in is almost comlete as of today.. I'll get more pics soon! Larry

sixfootgeek
08-20-2010, 08:59 AM
Loving the drive in.

Scott

Pumpkin King
08-20-2010, 09:17 PM
Thanks for pushing this industry to the next level! :D :D

terrormasue
08-20-2010, 10:15 PM
Larry, things are looking great. Can't wait to see it in March 2011. Also looking forward to your LEMP Brewery haunt. Everything looks great!!

ScaryPAGirl
08-22-2010, 03:08 PM
The Drive-In idea is fantastic! I love that idea. One of my favorite parts of the hayride at Field Of Screams is where you drive through the deserted drive-in with the horror movie playing.

Awesome job, wish I lived closer!

Jim Warfield
08-23-2010, 08:35 AM
..the movie screen showing certain strange film clips. "Giget Goes Hawian!" and this would be the cue for all the backseat zombies to rise up and attack the customers!
"It Happened At The Drive In!" Filmed right there...allowing the customers to feel the unease of realising this as they see the movie.
Of course having a few old cars pnuematically bouncing up and down to those basic human instincts would make everything seem more authentic. Don't forget to fog the windows with opaque paint.
Have some buzzards appearing stand on the top edge of the screen, then vanishing, as if they flew off when nobody was looking.
The entire sound system can be right there in plain sight as the car speakers that hang on the windows.
Then the car trunk full of those teenagers who tried to sneak in but paid the extreme "price" for being cheap....(maybe too real?)

damon carson
08-23-2010, 10:13 PM
I like all those ideas Jim. I like the haunted playground at the front below the screen too. With a merry go around going around slow. And swings maybe moving slowly. And maybe casting a ghostly glow. Maybe some type of peppers ghost kid playin up by the playground. Now that would be cool!
Damon

Nightmare_Trance
08-24-2010, 07:18 AM
i heard the first Radio spot of the year for Creepyworld and the other two haunts the other day Larry. Can't wait to see them.

drfrightner
08-31-2010, 03:32 AM
Creepyworld is almost done. We are picking up a TON OF PROPS for Creepyworld TODAY and they will be in place for this Friday. By the end of this week Creepyworld should be done! I will try and take a bunch of photos this week and post them.

We bought to massive movie projectors, the drive in is basically done all the cars will be installed later this week. Our 3D haunt now has blacklights. I will get out there and get some pics... I've been sick so haven't been down there in a while.

Creepyworld is shaping up to be pretty awesome!

Larry

damon carson
08-31-2010, 11:58 AM
Cant wait to see it. Post a utube video if you can, like a few years back. Hope your feeling better soon.
Damon