PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find THAT chainsaw???

Rocky Mountain Terror
08-13-2010, 01:10 PM
Where can I find that pro-haunt grade mock chainsaw. You know, that one that looks real, sounds like a real gas chainsaw, and feels real, but is just a prop. I saw a website for it posted here about a year ago, but can't find it again to save my life. Need a backup plan in case the fire inspector doesn't go for a real gas chainsaw. Have an electric one, but it's just not the same.

Thanks!!!

soultrkr
08-13-2010, 01:22 PM
I thought it was Gore galore but I checked the site and did not see it. Wasn't there a really nice new one someone had created at transworld this year? anyone remeber it.

beardedbil
08-13-2010, 01:26 PM
I think you may be thinking of the chainsaw from Spooky Props

http://www.spookyprops.com/

Rocky Mountain Terror
08-13-2010, 03:01 PM
Thats the one!!!!! Thanks Bill!!!

NateTheGreat
08-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Watch out though, that prop is not always reliable. We bought it last year and the battery kept falling out. It was a bit annoying, but great prop. It scared everyone.

Karl Fields
08-16-2010, 02:51 PM
We've had one for a few years and have had ZERO problems with it.

brad
08-20-2010, 06:50 PM
I bought mine a few years ago, but used it last year for the first time for the full season. The only issue we had was that the smaller speaker built in had gone out, and it contolled the louder part of the audio when you rev it up.

I called John about the issue, and he knew right away what the problem was and explained how to fix it. Easy fix and good support on it too.

I'd deffinately buy another one.

RJ Productions
08-21-2010, 01:56 AM
Watch out though, that prop is not always reliable. We bought it last year and the battery kept falling out. It was a bit annoying, but great prop. It scared everyone.

I don't own one but have seen John's many times. I don't believe the battery in in the prop.
It's one of the selling point, battery pak is on a belt so it's lighter for the actor. So did you get your prop from Spookyprops?

Atrox Freak
08-21-2010, 08:50 PM
We have a couple of these and his batteries you wear on a belt. He makes a great product and John is very easy to deal as well as helpful if you have an issue.

Raycliff Manor
08-29-2010, 01:53 PM
We have two of the Spookyprop chainsaws and I have to agree, great product and outstanding Customer Service! John's also an awesome guy!

Kel