PDA

View Full Version : NEW fullbody zombie costume from Grave Yard Prop Shop (feed back please!!)

the ogre
08-16-2010, 07:15 PM
new costume were working on. the actor will have full mobility and can be ainted toyour liking. letme know what you think

the ogre
08-16-2010, 07:16 PM
and a close up

TheMonsterMaze
08-16-2010, 08:11 PM
Nice! Hopefully there will be plus sized costumes for us really, really fat zombies... :-)

the ogre
08-16-2010, 08:18 PM
LOL we can do bigger sizes upon request. I'm big to and just finished mine today.

iamscared2009
08-16-2010, 10:42 PM
can we see some pics of you in the full costume? are you selling them? how much $$ ? looks great, jay and yen

Allen H
08-16-2010, 11:57 PM
My feedback is that it looks alot like the Spookywoods suits. Alot.
that is a compliment as spookywoods makes great loking suits, it also looks a bit like you are copying them. I wouldnt do the head as a skull, Id keep it more zombie than skeleton that way at least from the neck up its different.
It looks great if your price point is signifigantly lower than spookywoods then you will do well with them.

the ogre
08-17-2010, 07:52 AM
I will have more pics posted tonite hopfully. Allen I've seen the spookywoods design and I can 100% assure you tthat we took nothing from them however this perticular costume is for our attraction and for the monster mania convention this weekend. The pic I'm showing you is of our tribute to the tar zombie from the return of the living dead. for use at our attraction we did infact order two pair of the spookywood Fx gloves and the those things are fantastic, so shout out to spookywoods. the gloves are awesome. I think we may just sell the suit. As far as price goes we thru some numbers out there and were between $1200 and 1500. These prices are not set in stone.

the ogre
08-17-2010, 02:14 PM
today we sat down and came up with a price that we hope is affordable for the pro and home haunter alike. Although it was very time consuming in the begining stages. Poping one of these things out is cake so $1100 is our price. They can be painted to your liking and completely customizable.

On another note the hole copying spookywoods fx design is really weighing heavy on me. Allen, I know you had no mal intent. Or atleast I hope nope LOL. I promis from the bottom of my heart to all of you out there and especialy spookywoods that we did not copy their product in any way. Yes there are similarities I'll admit that but you'll find that everywhere in this industry. Us being a small company cannot afford these kinds of things. We try to be as original as we can. I may be making a bigger deal over this than needed but I do take this seriously

Tim

brad
08-17-2010, 03:07 PM
I really like the design, and the price cant be beat!!

I bought a spookywoods outfit a few months ago, but if I knew you were building this suit, I would have seriously considered this one before I made a decision.

If money and theme allowes me to in the future, I would be willing to buy this suit after I see a pic of the final product.

Allen H
08-17-2010, 03:52 PM
"Yes there are similarities I'll admit that but you'll find that everywhere in this industry. Us being a small company cannot afford these kinds of things."
I would have said nothing about it if you had not asked to hear what we think. My opinion is my own. There are no really big companies that are haunt vendors. So your company is not much small er if any than than Spookywoods. If you cant afford someone thinking you knocked off another company how can they afford being knocked off and undercut.
If you think spookywoods is gougeing customers with a product the industry needs then champion the cause and go for it. But your price is not signifigantly lower than the original and its a very, very similar product.
Yes it does happen all the time in the industry that is true. Its up to each vendor to decide the moral route they take. If you have a twist or something that makes the concept better , then great. If you can provide it much cheaper in order to keep vendors honest , then great.
My opinion is my own, and its every vendors and buyers choice.

the ogre
08-17-2010, 04:30 PM
Allen buddy. I really do value your opinion and thank you. I hope u dnt think I meant anything by it.

the ogre
08-17-2010, 07:21 PM
some more pics of the bottom half. finished product will be modled by thursday

Allen H
08-17-2010, 10:48 PM
I like the paint job, nice.

Mad Wax Sculptor
08-17-2010, 11:11 PM
It seems similar but to me it has a wet feel almost more tarman like

the ogre
08-18-2010, 08:48 PM
Mad wax this weekend they guys and i are going to monster mania convention and this perticular costume will be a tribute to tarman The cast from return of the living dead will be there but by next week we will have anothger suit done that looks differnt. here are more pics. actor will be modeling it tomorrow

iamscared2009
08-18-2010, 09:16 PM
looks great!! i want one, for my haunt.. if you can make it a little lower cost then the other ones out there. u will sell a lot. i dont think you knocked off anyone suite, yes they look some what the same... if anyone build a suit like this, it would look a lot like yours and the other places that make these(its a skeleton suit) but there is nothing wrong with seeing an idea making something like it better or cheaper, thats what America is built on... other wise there would be no usps, fed/ex.ups and so on. we one only ship from one place, if you wanted a burger, you would be stuck with burger king only... more power 2 u

thanks jay and yen

kpolley
08-20-2010, 03:46 PM
I like the costume.

As a guy who is currently being ripped off...I am very sensitive to the issue. I will say that there definitely are some likenesses there, no doubt about it...but I think there are some differences too. Enough to make it it's own piece, I guess that's for everyone else to judge. I think that we all can bee too sensitive in some instances to idea rip-offs but at the same time there are some really morally bankrupt people out there who are willing to do whatever it takes to anyone it takes to get what they want. Ogre seems like a genuine person and someone who didn't mean malice to Spookywoods. I do agree that any attempts to make the piece more unique would be great to see.

You guys appear to have some real talent. In the future, be very mindful of what everyone else in the industry is doing and really strive for uniqueness. Keep up the good work.

dr0zombie
08-22-2010, 10:40 AM
Nice work. The tarman zombie is one of the great film characters missing from the modern haunted house mental space. I canít wait to see how you top this costume off. I have never seen anyone really capture that tarman look in the mask. Looks great so far!

damon carson
08-22-2010, 01:10 PM
The tar man zombie is pretty cool I would like to see that.
Damon

the ogre
08-24-2010, 07:53 AM
some more pics. do to time restrictions we were unable to sculpt hands so Thanks to spookywoodsFX for coming to the rescue. we are inthe process right now of sculpting hands as well as a whole new unique costume idea

drfrightner
08-24-2010, 11:54 AM
I like anything costumes... more companies need to produce costumes.

I say go for it...

Larry

the ogre
08-24-2010, 09:07 PM
here are some vids of our tar man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU4I1_61CC4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLoAVJHozCg

SpookywoodsFX.com
09-03-2010, 07:24 AM
I believe what Allen and Kip mentioned were the similarities in the the look, generalized feel and the way the adhesion was executed, from the arm bones to the chest piece, over-all.
When I created our costumes I set out to create a costume that had not been accomplished prior. Something that looked great and at the same time would be extremely easy to get in and out of in a way that had not been done before and all with no make-up needed.. We even added a small zipper in the front... For the guys ;-)
Fortunately, Krystal had the for-sight to get with an attorney that specialized in "infringement type situations. We had to present, of course, our time line of the creation of the costume, from sculpting, molding, casting, painting and the way all the pieces were adhered to the suit. I'm glad we found him because now we have someone to go to to handle a situation should we feel threatened :-)

I'm glad the gloves worked out the way you needed them to. Everything came together nicely.........

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv326/spookywoodsfx/CompSuits.jpg

Banshee
09-03-2010, 07:45 AM
Just as an aside to this conversation and to inform those who might not know, A lot of people who don't build costumes think that a 1000 dollar price range sounds outrageously high, but if you build your own & start adding up all of the material costs, not EVEn including the long hours of engineering & labor, you'll be surprised at how fast the costs of a full suit add up. Base layers of clothing, rubber, silicone, casting materials,tools, paint, adhesives, notions, hair/cloth for top layers, expendibles -start adding these up and you are well into the high 100's of dollars. Some folks freak at the costs of full silicone masks, not realizing how much of that costs is the silicone itself!
I think your suit looks great & not all that similar to Spookywoods. We all have the same bone structure in our bodies, so there is not that much we can do about changing THAT fact. I build full suits for our show too and my bones looks like every other skeleton.
I'm with Larry tho, the more (honest) vendors, the better!

Mad Wax Sculptor
09-03-2010, 12:16 PM
I love it . The tarman is cool. great job!!!

the ogre
09-04-2010, 03:05 PM
first, thank you all for the kind words. the guys and i worked hard on this. secondly i will never bash another company bc everyone brings something differnt to our industry and are amazing at what they do. i work in this industry but more importantly im a fan of this industry. in fact the suit shown above by spookywoods blows my mind. as far as im concerned they are one of the top in the industry and i hope to be on there level one day. the quality of there product is phenominal. like i said we got 2 pair of the gloves and they are built to last, look great and theyre just sexy lol. hopfully the suits from the Grave yard prop shop will take off and you guys will have trust in our company. we have new and exciting things coming out for Transworld so stay tuned

Gore Galore
09-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Kip,
I am sorry to hear you are having problems with dishonest vendors.
But it does seem that when you have an industry that is open to everyone like this industry is you gets some serious bad eggs.
The only way to get around these individuals is buyers not buying from them.
But you are an engineering guru. Use your best skills to push you ahead and set yourself apart from others.

Ogre,
The tar man is one of my favorite characters from one of my favorite movies of all time and I think you did a great job.
I have been in this industry for over 25 years, and latex based costumes have been around since the early days. They have flowed in and out of use for that whole period of time. We have our own gwar style versions. So as long as you are conscious of your actions and what you are making and working hard to be as original as possible then that is really the best you can do.

Just try to be original and make the best product possible while providing the best customer service possible.
The single best thing you can do to provide good customer service is always answer your phone. and return emails the same day.
And be honest about timelines, deadlines, and your production schedule.
Dont tell people what they want to hear.
Give them the truth.

And everyone will be happier.

SomeThingInTheIce
09-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Just start eating low-fat brains and take long zombie walks.lol.

Nice! Hopefully there will be plus sized costumes for us really, really fat zombies... :-)

creep house
09-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Ogre , your Tarman costume is AWESOME !!!

Sounds like you need to get busy and make a few of these

Looks like SpookywoodsFX is no longer in the Biz ... ?

Funny how he said in a nice way that you copied their costume and
had a Lawyer for things like this . hmmmmmmmm?

Its a good thing because they are going to need that Lawyer for something else !!!!!

Good Luck with the costume !!! and also take the advice of Gore Galore ....

Casey ............. CREEP HOUSE

Bradenton Haunted Trail
09-29-2010, 03:43 PM
The costume looks great. And keep doing what you are passionate about and stay your course. there will always be those who hate you and those who love you. Well love may be a bit of a strong word, but you are doing a great job.

the ogre
09-29-2010, 09:49 PM
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR THE ENCOURAGMENT AND KIND WORDS. 2011 is shaping up to be a big year for us. we are going to shy away from animatronics, atleast on a large scale and we're gonna run with these suits. our main goal is to get to transworld and do well. we have been throwing ideas around and our next suit will be what were calling the "zombie king". ill release concept art sometime in november.

Tim

terrormasue
09-29-2010, 10:03 PM
Yes, I agree with Creep House......customer service is extremely important. Gore Galore gives great advice..........I hope your company does well. See you at TW!

Sue

the ogre
09-29-2010, 10:09 PM
costomer service is paramount. if anyone has questions or needs anything from the graveyard propshop here is my PERSONAL cell number 215 666 3054.

Tim McCall