PDA

View Full Version : What did you get at the show?

MDKing
02-28-2007, 05:54 PM
What did you all get at the show? Did anyone pick up the Scarefactory dragon or that very cool Pumkin King piece, or the castle or the car? What about other products from other vendors?

Allan

Nightgore
02-28-2007, 06:09 PM
I'm not a "big spender"... But I did get SEVERAL DVD's! YAY! -Tyler

MDKing
02-28-2007, 06:37 PM
That's cool, which one's? Have you watched them yet?
Allan

Nightgore
02-28-2007, 06:51 PM
I have watched them ALL and my favorite so far is the Beck Make-up DVD and Boneyard Productions Scenery mad easy DVD! Also have read Kelly's book TWICE!!! Awesome read for EVERYBODY, newbies and pros. -Tyler

lurker
02-28-2007, 07:05 PM
I bought the new Haunt World video at the show, and managed to lose it before I left Chicago. So, if you happen to have found a unopened HW dvd on the show floor, you are welcome. lol
Along, with that, I also bought a lot of small stuff. I got some stinky stuff from Sinister Scents, buckys from ACC, make-up, prosthetics, etc. Like I said, lots of little things. We have to build the big stuff for our haunt. At this very moment deep in the bowels of DarkWood Manor there is a crack team of degenerates working on how to make our own Pumpkin King. However we will call him the Lumpkin King, for the lumps we will get on our head when he falls over. :lol:

MDKing
02-28-2007, 07:10 PM
The pumkin king was cool. If you make one post a pic I'd love to see it. Has anyone watched the new Huantworld video yet? I'm still waiting for mine now.

Allan

Mike Bizub
02-28-2007, 10:19 PM
We got the 12 ft squeeze from Oak Island, the static mummy from Scareparts and other small stuff from various vendors. The final items will be decided on this weekend. Mike

bodybagging
03-01-2007, 04:10 AM
I got a BUSTED ARM, a WHACKED OUT WRIST, and a NON OPPOSSABLE THUMB......... BUT I had FUN FUN FUN!

Jim Warfield
03-01-2007, 07:22 AM
Busted arm, whacked out wrist?
Quit sneaking up behind "Karate Grandma", she doesn't scare easy.

John Coen
03-01-2007, 07:31 AM
I got a nasty cold, some Sinister Scents, the makings for an elevator and barrel pop from Frightprops, some LawnScares and air cannons from ScareParts, some Haunted Memories 5 x 7's, the impulse buy Evil Bunny that Bump In The Night sells, some masks, and the 8' claustrophobia from Oak Island.
I was surprised at how small Morris' booth was and how large FITCO's booth was. I guess FIT -Co has ripped off enough people in the last couple of years to move up the Haunt ladder. :wink:

Jim Warfield
03-01-2007, 10:25 AM
One year Morris rented floor space at transworld that had to have been 70 by 80? feet square, plus some more across the aisle.
THAT had to be expensive.

gridbug
03-01-2007, 10:36 AM
I got a lesson in what happens when payday and Transword fall on the same day. That and a sarcophagus and other fun toys 8)

John Coen
03-01-2007, 11:33 AM
Jim- FITCO had a block on both sides. I figured it was Morris until I saw "Straight From The Grave" . Then I went straight past the grace and the sales rep in the turban.

milkunits
03-01-2007, 11:46 AM
Even from a home haunter perspective, I have to agree on the Fitco stuff. Man I felt ripped off on that stuff. Glad to know others out there agree it is lacking in the quality and design department.

That was a straight sprint through there.

damon carson
03-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Dislocated shoulder, Hauntworld video 17, Cobwebs in a can, eyeballs, Scaretaker, Pumpkin King nah just kidding. I wish! That was pretty cool!
I plan on ordering more out of the catalogs in the next few months. Missed Little Spider not being there but you can still order from them. No new stuff though :( . But ya I pulled my shoulder out of wack just trying to sit in a window ledge before the show because they wouldnt let us stand upstairs in front of the showroom floor because there wasnt much room for people to get up the escaltor. It didnt really bother me at the show but I feel it now. Price you pay for being a haunter. So Straight from the Grave/ Fitco? Not a good company to order from? I mean some there stuff looks pretty good but is it cheap or break easy? Or is there service just suck? I would like to hear more was considering ordering somethings but I may not if there not reptable?!
Damon

brad
03-01-2007, 09:42 PM
Fitco- Wow I wish I saw these posts before I bought so much stuff from them. What is it that eeryone is complaining about.

I bought:
Cobwebb guns from the new company downstairs
Several nice costumes from various vendors
Too much stuff from Bump In The Night- including Mr. Evil Bunny(I love it though)
Several Screamline Studios props
A ton of stuff from Fitco
A couple small Distortions props
A lot from FrightProps icluding a Barrel Popper, Machine Gun air cannon, Attacking Spider(which looks pretty cool), and I cant remember what else
Too much stuff from Oak Island, but I'm probably gonna get a "Claustrophobia" from them in the next few weeks
An air cannon from GEP (dark zone), but the guy was kinda rude to me, so I might not go back there

I know there's more, but I cant remember all of it.

Total was about $6000, and unfortunately I'm still buying stuff :(

ClusterOne
03-01-2007, 09:50 PM
I was going to get the Claustrophobia Oak Island piece, probably the 12' long. But I kept thinking about thru-put.

Do you guys think this very cool effect would just stop the line and mess up our line management? Or you think it would keep moving right along?

=Joel=

brad
03-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Well, you will deffinately have some people that will chicken out and not want to go through it at all, so just build another walkway to the side, that circles around this. So for those people that get to scared, they can just walk around it.

As for everyone else, I'd say 80% to 90% of people will hesitate for a few seconds before entering, and take 30-45 seconds to walk through it. So it just ads more time to the total haunt experience for every group.

Mike Bizub
03-02-2007, 11:32 AM
We thought about the potential slowdown and we thought about putting it at the very begining so we can really monitor the traffic.

brad
03-02-2007, 11:52 AM
Now that would make a really good entrance peice. One for what you said Mike. And 2- as the patrons enter the entrance and lets say the door person starts to sht the door behind them- them next group in line sees this group dissapearing into a big black blob. It kinda adds to the suspense for the next group until its there turn to enter.

That's a really good idea, I like that.

One concern I had, is when I put this in my place I'm gonna want to keep an eye on this, to make sure it doesnt get damaged too bae- i.e. someone pulling a knife out. Being at the entrance to the haunt will help keep it monitored, help control flow, and really add to the suspense for the next group i line.

damon carson
03-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Would make for a great exit as well. Have your last scare before or after they get through it. Having it at the end of a totally dark maze or room area. And have your actor monitor it as well. It really is a cool item.
Damon

SomeThingInTheIce
03-02-2007, 03:42 PM
I went through a haunt at Howl-O-Scream that was built by OIP, this was years ago. Any way it did not slow down the line but it had a huge tear in it. Some Jack A$$ must have taken a pocket knife to it. It was still cool to walk through.

John Coen
03-02-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm using mine at the entrance so I know if a group is through or not. I remember going through this in total darkness at Netherworld and thinking that I would have not known to go through if there was not already someone in front of me. As a haunter I would be thinking "No, this can't be where I'm supposed to go. This must be a scarestructre part of the haunt and I'm behind the scenes somehow!" I reckon you could put a chainsaw guy next to it to encourage throughput! :)

Kevin Dells
03-03-2007, 08:44 AM
I bought lots of Bucky's and Screamlines liquid latex again!(you guys wont let me leave your booth without a load of latex will you!) I also got a few of their slipmasks and scar sheets.
I plan on using the latex to distress the bucky's.

I did pick up the Jeff Beock make up dvd and was really enjoying it until my DVD player decided it didn't like the DVD anymore. It won't load the info. I tried cleaning the DVD and machine but still not working, tried another DVD and it works fine. Im very bummed about this as i know theres some great info on it.
I got to Todd Poole making the teeth segment, thats it! AHHHHH

Picked up a few independent DVD's from Fangoria but they are SOOOO Bad!!! I Know i can make better movies than these!! I just might too and sell them for 20$ as well.
Theres a guy from our rival haunt that has been asking on the forums to make movies for people latley, i may just take him up on it.

I got MORE Wolfe Brothers paint,yes i already have Tons!

And we"ll be placing a larger order with Body bag when we have our pennies rekindled from last weekend.

John Coen
03-03-2007, 09:41 AM
Brad-We'll pray that your FITCO order is correct upon delivery. Otherwise, plan to spend HOURS on the phone trying to communicate with people who barely know english. Also, be sure to ask if there is anyone in the office to take your call before they transfer you. They will put you on hold when everyone is out to lunch.

drfrightner
03-03-2007, 10:17 AM
What did we get...

To be honest we didn't really buy what we will buy yet...

We were really busy in our booth selling featured banners so...

What we did manage to buy was...

Pumpkin Animation from Scarefactory (for our new cornmaze we're doing)

Janitor Animations from Scarefactory (for new scene in Darkness)

Some other animation from SF where a guy comes out of a window.

3 Smell Units from Sinister Scents

Hanging heads from Oak Island (and already used them)

All of the half pigs, turkeys, etc. from Ghost Ride (already used them)

so far thats it... I think.

Larry

screamlinestudios
03-03-2007, 05:14 PM
Kevin,

Hit me up and I'll have Geoff Beck get you a new copy. Just send me your info on where to send it (PM me).

Damn Todd & his teeth making - probably "gummed" up the works. LOL - eh-hem, sorry about that....

zombierandy
03-04-2007, 12:54 AM
The ONE thing I dont like about Fitco is how they STEAL other companies ideas and make the product cheaper (as in bad quality)and then sell them like it was their own idea! I've heard this from more than ONE vendor for the last couple of years at the Chicago show.

Jim Warfield
03-04-2007, 08:47 AM
"Zombierandy", you must be fairly new to Transworld?
That used to be the sport. Going every year to count how many were making and selling what was "New" from just one vender the year before.
Sad but true.

As far as vandals ripping or tearing my exit tunnel..It is hard to rip or tear poured concrete and steel re-bar with one's hands!
One haunter thought it was made out of latex.
If I knew how to make latex get as hard as concrete, I could make a fortune! Right ladies?

Kevin Dells
03-04-2007, 09:57 AM
Kevin,

Hit me up and I'll have Geoff Beck get you a new copy. Just send me your info on where to send it (PM me).

Damn Todd & his teeth making - probably "gummed" up the works. LOL - eh-hem, sorry about that....

Sent you the info and Thanks again. Your customer sevrice is working great! Love you guys!

zombierandy
03-04-2007, 01:32 PM
[quote="Jim Warfield"]"Zombierandy", you must be fairly new to Transworld?
That used to be the sport. Going every year to count how many were making and selling what was "New" from just one vender the year before.
Sad but true.

Ive been attending TW since '95 so I'd say Im a veteran of attending the show. I guess what is distrubing about FITCO is the way they are so blatant about ripping off others products......

PumpkinHead
03-04-2007, 02:17 PM
Does Fitco have a website or do any of you have pics of their display?

John Coen
03-04-2007, 08:44 PM
As far as FITCO ripping off other vendor's products goes, I won't comment because I am not aware. But on THAT subject ,HELLO! Can anyone say guy-in-electric-chair, hanging kicker, spinning tunnel, etc.. It's just like the film industry, one successful movie and you get a million ripoffs (usually never as good as the original)

Jim Warfield
03-04-2007, 11:22 PM
I had a tour tonight for three people, the girl had never been here before, they were alot of fun! The tour took over three hours, they will probably never forget their experience they had here tonight.....anybody else interested in copying this?
I didn't think so.
You just have to sometimes make things too hard to copy. (Insert evil laugh here)
By the way, I had a good time too!
No spinning tunnels, no hanging, kicking man, no Draculas, Frankensteins, Freddies, no bucket of guts, no burping butts. (this time)

creature
03-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Went to transworld planning on not spending much. I ended up getting The giant scarefactory Pumpkin animation, the Giant flying dragon, the facade and the Wicked Willow Tree. I also bought the 16 foot Air bag hallway thingy from oak island, a few more spfx masks, a giant skull and some other stuff from shipwreck productions... oh and I'm going to pick up those two new distortions animations-the frankenstein and the psycho guy. So yeah...now I gotta find a place to put all this crap!..lol.....

-Tim

Kevin Dells
03-05-2007, 07:43 PM
Went to transworld planning on not spending much. I ended up getting The giant scarefactory Pumpkin animation, the Giant flying dragon, the facade and the Wicked Willow Tree. I also bought the 16 foot Air bag hallway thingy from oak island, a few more spfx masks, a giant skull and some other stuff from shipwreck productions... oh and I'm going to pick up those two new distortions animations-the frankenstein and the psycho guy. So yeah...now I gotta find a place to put all this crap!..lol.....

-Tim

Sounds like a probllem i would like to have!! :shock:

drfrightner
03-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Tim,

Sounds like you went on a spending spree...

I wanted to get that dragon thing but can't seem to find a location for it.

Still looking!

As I said before we're doing most of the stuff ourselves this year. I do not plan on spending $100,000 K as in past years. So far I think I've only spent around $20 or less. I don't plan on spending much more however I plan on getting several bodies from Unit 70 and some more shreaded animals from Ghost Ride.

I think what we're doing ourselves is better than anything we coudl have bought from the show. So I guess we invested our money on buying from Halloween Productions, LOL.

Larry

Jim Warfield
03-05-2007, 11:32 PM
I know what you mean, Larry. This winter the majority of my new items here come courtesy of "Landfill Productions".
I built two new basement walls from the 600 free (excellant shape) bricks plucked from a landfill ravine close to my house.
Of course a plain wall is boring so I put some arched openings in them. The one spans about 8 feet, lots of fun building stuff.
The brick walls replaced wooden board walls, which just may end up being made into some new design coffins?

maverick005
03-05-2007, 11:52 PM
I do not plan on spending $100,000 K as in past years.

geez oh man larry..100,000 k....thats a hundred thousand thousand...haha ...so it is like a hundred million dollars or something....lol...if this is true can i humbly offer my services for...oh lets say 1% of that ...lol...take care larry...haha

todd

mindtumor
03-06-2007, 06:20 AM
I do not plan on spending $100,000 K as in past years.

geez oh man larry..100,000 k....thats a hundred thousand thousand...haha ...so it is like a hundred million dollars or something....lol...if this is true can i humbly offer my services for...oh lets say 1% of that ...lol...take care larry...haha

todd

Thats a good catch! I read this post and the 100,000 k thing didn't even register with me.

Jim Warfield
03-06-2007, 08:07 AM
Math Quizz:"How many $100,000 candy bars can you buy for $100,ooo?

wipp
03-20-2007, 01:05 PM
did anyone recieve their claustrophobia tunnel yet?how much behind scene space do you need for this to work?

John Coen
03-20-2007, 05:54 PM
They told me about four feet was all the space it needed. Then it just gives as you pass through.

savage
03-21-2007, 10:38 PM
I'll tell you what I got at TransWorld. I got MAULED! MAULED, I tells ya! By the Bad Boys! SEE?

http://www.sinistervisions.com/photogallery/albums/TW2007/normal_TW2007_ShowFloor_SetThree_037.jpg

http://www.sinistervisions.com/photogallery/albums/TW2007/normal_TW2007_ShowFloor_SetThree_039.jpg

More tomfoolery and Chad-licking can be witnessed at http://www.sinistervisions.com/photogallery/ - based on the photographic evidence, my head must taste fantastic!

Grimley
03-21-2007, 11:03 PM
Did anyone else see the new web guns they were selling for pennies. I was trying to figure out the differences between the new ones and the older much more expensive models. I watched both demonstrate and I could not see any difference.

MDKing
03-22-2007, 05:14 AM
Wow Tim,

You have exellent taste in props! Those were all pieces we were eying up as well. That Giant Pumkin guy is so cool. It doesn't fit any theme for me I just want one for me!! The dragon, facade,willow, all were great! I can't fit the rising dragon in my set up, unfortunately, and if you're going to get it you want it to rise!

Allan

mindtumor
03-22-2007, 07:21 PM
I ordered a bunch of stuff from like four different companies and at the show I was told it would ship within in a week. I have only received one item from one company. I have had to make some phone calls and have been given some pretty lame answers as to why stuff hasn't shipped. I understand that it takes time to make and ship stuff but if at least say it will take a bit of time and not promise it within a week.

wipp
03-22-2007, 07:38 PM
amen mind tumor,for some reason it seems that some vendors dont realize that we need our props way before halloween.im seeing its a game of chance in this industry.they really need to tighten up.and i know im not alone with this.what ever happened to the days when you have 30 days after payment to get the product to consumer?

Jim Warfield
03-22-2007, 09:06 PM
If you had alot of money you could just buy up all the unsold major props after Transworld, warehouse them, put them in your catalog and ship them immeadiately without building them!
..Oh, wait, I just described what Morris did years ago.

Dr. Haunt Chamber of Fear
04-06-2007, 09:04 PM
This was our first TransWorld and it was great to see everything. We purchase about 30 mask, cob web gun, an air cannon, static shock pads, fog machines, blacklights, and something else. The animatronics were awesome, it makes me wish we had someone on our volunteer crew that could make them run because we have been selling ours since that is not my area of specialty. Good news for everything we bought we had money come in from selling three of our animatronics, we still have some to sale but that was a good start. I wish they had a garage sale for Haunters at TransWorld like the HauntCon does.

Gore Galore
04-08-2007, 07:06 PM
What is terrible is when all vendors loose reputations when anyone doesn't do what they say. I think we (Gore Galore) have a good reputation, but it is simple. If I think it will be done in a month. I tell them two months. That way if we get it done before I say we will get it done then we look good. We also do our best not to take an order if I don't think we can get it done. Now, I have a call list that I put those clients on so if something happens and we can do it, I just give them a call and hopefully get the order. If we don't get the order, well tough luck for us, but atleast I didn't LIE to anyone. Take their order, and fail on delivery. Again, saving our reputation and being an honorable vendor.
I am sharing this information to hopefully give the idea to other vendors who are new to the business. There always seems to be new vendors coming in, and I would like to see good vendors stick around for a while. It makes us all look good.

Just my two Sense worth, hehe play on words.