PDA

View Full Version : Fair Michigan Haunt Reviewers

Spookyfinder
09-05-2010, 01:55 PM
We are looking to assemble a group of Fair Michigan Haunt Reviewers.

As a Team we will come to your attraction, unannounced.

We will not acknowledge that we are there for reviewing purposes.

We will pay like all other customers, and not accept free passes of any kind.

Each house will be judge and reviewed on a strictly non-biased view point, in the utmost fairest way possible.

Must have 15-20 years experience in a Halloween Related business to join.

Just an idea I had. Trying to avoid all the crooked reviews out there, by treating this like a restaurant reviewing system. No freebies, and no hidden motives behind anyone involved.

Any ideas or feedback, email Sales@spookyfinder.com

Darkangel
09-05-2010, 08:55 PM
I am always really annoyed with haunt reviewers personally. I was considering doing this in Virginia and encompassing the mid-Atlantic but after talking to a couple haunters I decided against it.

It's all opinions and often it's opinions by people who haven't the slightest idea how much work and effort went in to the event and it can be reviewed by those not willing or able to do it themselves....

It's just too easy to be political and too difficult to review haunts and not hurt their livelihood and reputation just let the public decide fir themselves I think...

DA

Howie Slobber Erlich
09-06-2010, 11:19 AM
I think that any reviews should be done by people outside the industry. People who have any connections to any haunts cannot be unbiased even if they try to be.

Michigan already has a review site that has been doing a great job for years. The Zioptis Foundation. I think they do a pretty good job judging haunts on the merit of the show mixed with the budget that that haunt has to work with.

Reviews are just opinions. Everybody likes different things in a haunt. Some like amazingly realist sets with massive detail. Other like dark houses with little detail but great scares. Some like animatronics other prefer live actors ect.

The only reviews I actually really care about are from my customers. They are the ones who pay thier money to come to our shows. If they don't like it then it really doesn't matter what any review has to say.

Brave haunts will have a message board where people can leave their reviews. Our site offer this. Even when we get a negative review, we leave it up. I will respond with a positive feedback back in most cases. although I doubt many haunts would leave negative reviews on their own site, wefeel like we can learn from these critical posts and hope to improve in areas that our customers feel weren't working.

Just my 2 cents,

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction
www.DeadlyIntentionsHaunt.com