PDA

View Full Version : Looking for food vendor adviceh

MDKing
09-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Hey gang,

I was always surrounded by restaurants in my old location but now in my new one I want to bring some vendors in.

So, what do you guys typically do with outside vendors? Do you charge them a nightly fee and if so what's a fair price?

Or do you charge a percentage of sales and if so how much?

Thanks for any feedback!

Allan

Allan@bennettscurse.com

MDKing
09-08-2010, 08:33 AM
No one gets food vendors in???

Allan

soultrkr
09-08-2010, 08:57 AM
I know the Hollow runs it's concession stand with our staff I think most places run their own and do not have outside vendors running concession.

MDKing
09-08-2010, 10:35 AM
Thanks. You guys make and sell your own food like pit beef, funnel cakes,etc?

Would seem easier to bring in someone I though?

Allan

VSneader2
09-08-2010, 10:45 AM
I know one of the local haunted hayrides would have a local church groups do concessions. It was a different group every weekend. they only had one or two of there staff helping. I'm not sure how they did money earned but i know a portion went back to the church

gadget-evilusions
09-08-2010, 11:28 AM
We use to build our haunt on our local fairgrounds. We didn't want anything to do with their sales numbers etc, and having to report it, so we just got a flat rate from a company that sets up food stands at fairs and carnivals. gyros, hot dogs, all that good fair food.

MDKing
09-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Thanks guys.

Brian that's exactly what I'm trying to do. Did you charge a daily fee like per night? Was it more on peak nights? Any other detailed info would be great.

This is out of my field of expertise!

Thanks,
Allan

gadget-evilusions
09-08-2010, 02:08 PM
I did not do that actual booking, so I can't say exactly how much it was. I know it was a per season deal though, not a per night. Just remember to make it worth their while. If they can't make enough money to pay you and themselves, they may not want to come back. Just depends on your number of customers that would be purchasing food.

MovieRelics
09-09-2010, 02:41 PM
If I remember correctly, I believe one of the local haunts that had an outside vendor did a % of their sales collected at the end of the season.