PDA

View Full Version : Spookywoods fx - fails to deliver

SpookywoodsFX.com
09-12-2010, 11:28 PM
Brad, I emailed you on 8/19, told you we were bustin our butts, trying to get everything out to everyone as quickly as possible. I havent attempted to avoid you in anyway what-so-ever.

I also posted here on the forum a week ago for all to read http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_house_forums/showthread.php?t=12872

I also posted in the thread that you started, on page 4 http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_house_forums/showthread.php?t=12942&page=4

We're making them and shipping them as quickly as we can. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I apologize for the delay. All will be shipped soon.

danglin
09-12-2010, 11:34 PM
Mark,
Glad to see you posting. Check my response on the other thread.

drfrightner
09-13-2010, 01:30 AM
It's tough on all vendors who are trying to fill orders right now... all the vendors are working overtime. I understand Brads issues... his haunt is opening. He needs his stuff... with my company building attractions we have NEVER missed a deadline EVER because if we did the customer wouldn't open!!!! Many many times I thought we would but you do what it takes to make it happen even if it means working for 2 days straight and we've done that too... LOL

In the case of not having a costume, or a animation the attraction can still open... with my own haunt if a vendor can't get it to me before I open I simply cancel the order. This has happened to me before and I don't get upset with the vendor but I do cancel the order.

Everyone has different opening times, dates or whatever... Darkness opened this past Friday. Anything ordered for Darkness and it didn't make it is no longer needed. Creepyworld has a few outstanding orders, and Creepyworld opens this Friday... one being a machine gun and I need it before we open on Friday. I was promised it would be here... so we'll see.

I really want that machine gun so I still might take it but I won't be happy about it... but probably deal with it.

I think in the end Brad gets his costumes in time for whatever he's doing I'm sure he'll be happy... I'm sure he ordered the costume because he likes the work... and it is good stuff! So hopefully Brad can get his costumes before he opens and all will be happy.

Its tough to communicate right now because I'm sure you are knee deep in latex... I feel your pain!

LOL

Larry

brad
09-13-2010, 01:47 AM
Mark, for starters, I want to apologize. I never even saw the thread you made last week titled "Costumes shipping...". I have no idea how I overlooked it, but i did. Sorry about that.

And thanks for this thread addressing the situation. I knew of a few other haunters that had the same problem as I have.

The costume didnt get shipped when it was supposed to, and we dont have it for our commercial this weekend. I'll get over that, and work without it. I did have other plans for it too, but we'll just have to work around it.

The option was offered to cancel the order and say "forget it", but I love the outfit, and even though it didnt arrive when I was expecting it, I still get it.

I got word last wednesday that my order wouldn't ship for another 2 or 3 weeks. And this is what I was stressing most about, cause that falls well into the season for us.

When you can, can you get me an ETA on shipping date Mark?

Thanks

zachary
09-13-2010, 08:19 AM
When you can, can you get me an ETA on shipping date Mark?

Thanks

After all of this you still do not have a shipping date on a product that was suppose to arrive a month ago? :confused:

zachary
09-20-2010, 09:12 AM
After all of this you still do not have a shipping date on a product that was suppose to arrive a month ago? :confused:

do you have an ETA yet? has issue been resolved?

brad
09-22-2010, 09:57 PM
Nope! I tried callin Krystal 2 days ago, with no return call again.

There's still several haunters that havent received their costumes or any kind of contact from them either.

drfrightner
09-23-2010, 12:31 AM
Brad,

I once again think he will get in touch with you ... if he does not let me know and I'll do my best to contact him again. I know all the vendors I'm speaking with are telling me they are doing everything they can to ship orders this week. Did you try email?

If ANY vendor can't get you your stuff by this Friday that is a serious problem as almost all haunts will open. I hope he sends you your costume free freight.

I'm sure he's overloaded.

I hope everyone read my post about how to buy from vendors... don't let a vendor charge your cc until they tell you they are ready to build your product and ship within 30 days. If they don't do a charge back. End of story. Do everything by email so you have a trail of emails that show how they promise to deliver but did not.

You'll get your money back this way if a vendor falls flat. Still I'm hoping these guys pull through for you!!!

Larry

mindtumor
09-23-2010, 06:16 AM
Brad,

I once again think he will get in touch with you ... if he does not let me know and I'll do my best to contact him again. I know all the vendors I'm speaking with are telling me they are doing everything they can to ship orders this week. Did you try email?

If ANY vendor can't get you your stuff by this Friday that is a serious problem as almost all haunts will open. I hope he sends you your costume free freight.

I'm sure he's overloaded.

I hope everyone read my post about how to buy from vendors... don't let a vendor charge your cc until they tell you they are ready to build your product and ship within 30 days. If they don't do a charge back. End of story. Do everything by email so you have a trail of emails that show how they promise to deliver but did not.

You'll get your money back this way if a vendor falls flat. Still I'm hoping these guys pull through for you!!!

Larry

Every year we have problems. This year I ordered something the first week in Feb and still haven't gotten it. It was actually the only thing I ordered for the year, so whatever. From now on this is how we will have to make purchases sadly.

Twin Locusts
09-23-2010, 06:42 AM
Brad, for what its worth to an objective observer you have been more than reasonable in your expectations. Your actors can't wear, "we're bustin our butts" or "everyone's so busy". This is obviously a matter of business priorities and the tail is obviously trying to wag the dog. Apologists and excuses aside you've dealt with someone having your money and you having nothing in hand to show for it very well.

You're tenor and attitude through this process has been nothing if not professional. People that are building budgets to enter into, or expand, a haunt venture in 2011 are paying close attention, thanks for shedding some light.

zachary
09-23-2010, 07:36 AM
Is it too late to find a used one form someone else and get a refund?

graystone
09-23-2010, 08:18 AM
I too have been trying to get Mark with no luck and I don't have my costume either. I think its time to ask for a refund if we can get it. Shane and its Mark what's going on man? Shane this time.

terrormasue
09-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Yes. I am having trouble also. I ordered 2 costumes back Feb. 24th. I have paid my money in full and thought the costumes would be shipped last week. I am unable to get in touch with either Mark or Krystal. I'm not a rich as some. Having several thousand dollars tied up with no costume is difficult for me. Please Mark or Krystal, can you call me or email me. Please!!!!! I am begging now......... I always have my phone on.

903-918-3889 SueGray@Eastman.com or terrormasue@yahoo.com

Sue

zachary
09-23-2010, 01:09 PM
Better Business Bureau anyone? This is getting sad that all these people are not doing anything about their orders but complaining.

This is why if i buy something, I take it with me right then!

drfrightner
09-23-2010, 02:05 PM
I think the BBB is a waste... I never call them for advice before making any purchase. However with this many people claiming missing orders I think we need to step in here and call Tony who lives there in the same town. Tony has to know what's going on... and or call Mark himself and get to the bottom of this.

I do think if you paid by CC you should simply do a charge back.

Who did or didn't do payment by credit card.

There has to be some sort of way to resolve this.

I will tell you what I will start doing from here on out... vendors who DO NOT take care of customers I willl remove them from my yellow pages data base which has sent over 100,000 clicks to their sites since we put it up. The Hauntworld Yellow Pages has really helped a lot of vendors with orders... furthermore we can stop them from being able to promote their products on our message boards.

But to say that is what we should in this case is premature as we need to make sure Spookywoods FX is or isn't going to come through here.

I put a call into Tony. Hopefully he can help.

Larry

terrormasue
09-23-2010, 02:20 PM
Larry, Thanks you so much for helping us with this issue. I paid with a check card. The funds came directly out of my checking account. There is no way that I can reverse the charges. Anything you can do will be appreciated believe me. Thanks again.

Sue

brad
09-23-2010, 02:24 PM
Larry, I was just logging in to send Tony a PM and saw the responses on here.

As far as I know, it's me, Sue, Shane, and Dewayne with Folklore that hasnt received their product.

I know for sure that the 3 of us minus Dewayne have tried contacting them since I made my original thread about this issue.

And I did pay with credit card in full on June 1st.

brad
09-23-2010, 02:51 PM
I just sent a PM to Tony on here, and a new email to Mark telling him I have to know something soon.

I'll give it maybe 2 more days and see what happens. We open tomorow, and I have to have it soon.

SomeThingInTheIce
09-23-2010, 03:53 PM
At this point shipping anything out is still a loss to the haunt, haunts are opening and getting something after you open just SUCKS! Any prop or decor has already been replaced with something else and you may not even be able to get it in to the haunt if it has any size to it. This s%!t has to stop, some vendors are taking on to much work and can't handle it. I feel bad for those who are still waiting for stuff, you want everything to be just right when you open and even if your guest don't know that somethings are missing you do and it sucks. I hope that things will get better but some how I don't think they will.

drfrightner
09-23-2010, 04:45 PM
Tony said he WILL TALK TO HIM TODAY... he's working for Tony doing make up stuff and Tony said he will be discussing this with him TONIGHT!!!

Hopefully there will be some kind of report back later tonight or on Friday. Tony did want EVERYONE to understand he does NOT own Spookywoods FX... however he is going to talk to Mark and get some answers.

Larry

terrormasue
09-23-2010, 04:59 PM
Thanks Larry for helping out with this.

brad
09-24-2010, 01:07 AM
Tony said he WILL TALK TO HIM TODAY... he's working for Tony doing make up stuff and Tony said he will be discussing this with him TONIGHT!!!

Hopefully there will be some kind of report back later tonight or on Friday. Tony did want EVERYONE to understand he does NOT own Spookywoods FX... however he is going to talk to Mark and get some answers.

Larry

I thought about getting Tony involved in this again. In a way, this could affect his business solely for the fact that it has Spookywoods in the title. Many people may not realize that he is not a part of the costume company anymore.

terrormasue
09-24-2010, 06:19 AM
I have not recieved a response yet. Anyone else?

Thorswings
09-24-2010, 08:01 AM
Guess I will have to add my name to the list. I at least paid with credit card so have recourse. We open next week! Was really planning on those costumes too dang it! Have tried to call but no call back or response to email.

drfrightner
09-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Couple things...

Let me suggest you working with Creature Corps, I just ordered an extra 30 masks and got them in two days. These guys are freakin awesome!!!!

They are charging extra right now but their costumes are cheaper to begin with. Either way Tony email me back and said that Spookywood FX had been in contact with Shane, and I guess no one else not sure. He also said the guys helper quit and he was doing everything by himself and was trying to get orders out... clearly that doesn't answer your questions.

He clearly knows about it and chooses not to respond to you or is simply too busy I haven't a clue.

Maybe Shane can update you since he claims he's talked to shane.

Larry

danglin
09-24-2010, 12:57 PM
Guys,

I apologize for not being commenting on here sooner, but like everyone else, I have been tied up at the haunt. Like Brad and others, the only response I have received was Mark's comments on the forum. I, like Brad, have sent private messages and emails to both he and Krystal, and no response.

We opened last night, and sadly, had to have an area in the cemetery with no actor, because I don't have a costume. We paid in full, by check. I am not on here to stir up things with a vendor, but if I can't get a response after trying numerous times, and I don't have what I paid for, what are we supposed to do?

Larry, thanks for the help.

drfrightner
09-24-2010, 02:16 PM
I want to say FLAT OUT... that 9 times out of 10 I don't appreciate all the vendor bashing that goes on here. I think you all already know that. I think most of its unfair, in fact I think most of these guys do everything they can to get you the best service.

I posted that I would prefer if someone has a problem that is really at the brink ... try emailing me, Morris Costumes, friends of that vendor or whatever and see what can be done before blowing things out of the water.

I have got involved MANY times and every single time I did the vendor replied to the customer... in most cases it was just something falling under the cracks and it was resolved.

I'm stratching my head here...

Tony said he is owed a costume and he lives there and did not get it... Tony has told the guy to contact you all still you've heard NOTHING! I'm also scratching my head because just a month or so ago the guy asked me if I needed any costumes, why would you want to sell me a costume if you can't even fill the orders you have... I would probably being joining your ranks right now.

I HOPE Mark mans up and gets back to EVERYONE to either state...

1) I will get you your costumes next week, he's sorry, and flat out return your phone calls one way or another and tell you the truth.

2) Will return your money.

3) Or just man up and say I'm going out of business and won't return your money because he spent it... whatever the case something.

Just contact people and be honest and resolve this thing one way or another... I think in the next issue of the magazine we will list some deadbeat vendors if people open their attractions and don't get what they paid for with no return responses what so ever.

This I must admit is beyond anything acceptable.

If Mark can't come through with something TODAY ... KNOWING YOU GUYS ARE OPENING I think he might as well consider himself a vendor no one will order from in the future.

Larry

PS: If he can satify EVERYONE I will REMOVE all threads about his company EVERYTHING. He needs to come through... I think this is fair.

terrormasue
09-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Again, thanks Larry for looking into this. I don't understand why Mark or Krystal won't email or call or something. I hope they are not going out of business. One I need the costumes and two if no costumes I REALLY need my money back. Wow I can't believe they won't contact us. Like you said, I hope they did contact Shane. Happy Halloween everyone!!

Sue

graystone
09-24-2010, 04:41 PM
I have not heard anything from Mark the last time I heard from him was first of August and was told my costume was shipping soon. Larry I am not sure if I am the Shane Tony is talking about but if it's me I can say no brother I have not heard one word. What get's me is when people just tell you what you want to hear and I don't understand why they do that. If Mark's help quite why did he not tell us it's harder to accept that this late in the game. Shane and it's Mark what is going on? Shane this time.

creep house
09-24-2010, 05:39 PM
Larry , i agree with ya on why was this guy on here a month ago trying to sell more costumes ???

Are any of these vendors " Bonded " ???

In Texas .... with one of my businesses i have to be Bonded..
its like an insurance policy to protect the buyers ....

i smell fraud ! maybe not ?

sounds like he was tryin to get a few more " payed in fill " orders in
before he goes ..... BK !

I hope im wrong !!!

remember ..... if it looks like a duck and talks like a duck ... well u know the rest .

Casey .................. CREEP HOUSE

TheHauntedOwl
09-25-2010, 06:49 AM
Something more is obviously going on here. We live in a digital age where people have cellphones, get emails, get phonecalls, get texts, etc. No matter how busy someone is, they could work 18 hours a day, if you have a business you check email, phonecalls, etc.
You have to think about this with a common sense approach...How many people are trying to contact him? He has not had literally 3 mins within the last 10-14 days to call even ONE person back with an update?

It could very well be what Larry stated above and he is just too embarrassed to come on a forum and say "look I messed up, I dont have the funds to return and I'm working on the costumes sorry for the delay". The scary part about this is that if he knows for certain that all future sales are going to be damaged due to this issue, I certainly hope he doesn't ignore you for another 6+ months because he quite frankly doesn't care anymore.

You guys are forced to speculate and think the worst because he refuses to contact you. If he replies now after leaving you in the dark for so long does it really make amends to the situation? If he is not held to the fire for this, the SAME situation will happen in the future. It says a lot about a person/company when they simply can not bother to explain what is going on...NOBODY is that busy that they do not have time to reply to people who paid them money.

Sorry for the long rant but reading these threads about inept business practices really frustrates me.

zachary
09-25-2010, 08:04 AM
Does anyone besides tony live in the area to check in on the situation? I would have had tony actually put his hands on these costumes to be sure they are getting finished and actually exist, or at least just to see the progress. IS that still possible if Tony went there did he see them?
Haunters have more patience i guess than anyone else, if it was my costume it would already be a refund or a lawsuit. I do not give a flying F how great a product is, paying this company is bad business. Chargeback.

shawnc
09-25-2010, 04:36 PM
PS: If he can satify EVERYONE I will REMOVE all threads about his company EVERYTHING. He needs to come through... I think this is fair.

That's great for him but is it really fair? Fair to him, yes. But what about his buyers? I think if a vendor has serious delivery problems it's only fair that potential buyers know about it.

I was thinking about making several large purchases last week for next year. Then it suddenly hit me what time of year it is. If I order right now, it's very possible that I wouldn't get anything until next summer so what's the hurry? But I would like to think that an early order puts me up at the top of the list.

Unfortunately with all of the communication and lost order problems some vendors seem to be having this would probably be the worst time to order, even if it is a year in advance. My orders might get lost in the shuffle.

Edited to add: And what constitutes "satisfy?" Some haunters have already opened. Just because they eventually do get a costume, can you consider them "satisfied?"

terrormasue
09-25-2010, 06:32 PM
I order two costumes with Mark back in Feb. 24th. It have been exactly 7 months! 7 months and no costumes and no money. My money is gone.....

TheHauntedOwl
09-25-2010, 07:48 PM
I order two costumes with Mark back in Feb. 24th. It have been exactly 7 months! 7 months and no costumes and no money. My money is gone.....

If he really did ask Larry if he needed anything for his haunt in the last few weeks that is bad bad bad bad news. He can't even get back to a customer in 7 months who PAID, but he's looking to take on more orders(money)????

There is no possible scenario that can even come close to making sense on this one...I just hope when/if the story gets resolved positively it's not one of this "all forgiven" type of thing. This is a SERIOUS issue.:(

smasters
09-25-2010, 08:03 PM
I finally agree with Larry for the first time, at least his last comment. How come he did not do this with the other vendor situations? I know for a fact Larry kicked off a couple of members for bashing vendors. Has he finally see the light? OR

Marks not his friend.

If you see the light Larry you need to reinstate the members you booted.

They were right all along. Do the right thing

regards
Smasters

Twin Locusts
09-25-2010, 08:16 PM
Something more is obviously going on here. We live in a digital age where people have cellphones, get emails, get phonecalls, get texts, etc. No matter how busy someone is, they could work 18 hours a day, if you have a business you check email, phonecalls, etc.
You have to think about this with a common sense approach...How many people are trying to contact him? He has not had literally 3 mins within the last 10-14 days to call even ONE person back with an update?

It could very well be what Larry stated above and he is just too embarrassed to come on a forum and say "look I messed up, I dont have the funds to return and I'm working on the costumes sorry for the delay". The scary part about this is that if he knows for certain that all future sales are going to be damaged due to this issue, I certainly hope he doesn't ignore you for another 6+ months because he quite frankly doesn't care anymore.

You guys are forced to speculate and think the worst because he refuses to contact you. If he replies now after leaving you in the dark for so long does it really make amends to the situation? If he is not held to the fire for this, the SAME situation will happen in the future. It says a lot about a person/company when they simply can not bother to explain what is going on...NOBODY is that busy that they do not have time to reply to people who paid them money.

Sorry for the long rant but reading these threads about inept business practices really frustrates me.

This isn't a rant its consice common sense, well put.

graystone
09-26-2010, 09:15 AM
What's going on man? Atleast come here and tell us all we are not getting costumes we might understand given a reason but ignoring us is doing none of us good especially you. Shane and it's come on man. Shane this time.

terrormasue
09-27-2010, 11:47 AM
I got in touch with Tony and he tells me that we will get our costumes but they will be late. I am good with that. I was worried my money and the costumes were gone. I still wish that Mark or Krystal would post on here or actually email or call one of us to just tell us whats up. Again their work is amazing and I really want the costumes. Tony, thanks for getting back to me. I hope this helps ease everyones else's minds. We will get the costumes, but they will be late.

Sue

Thorswings
09-27-2010, 03:14 PM
Late as in next week late or late as in next year late? If its next week that works, if its next year I will find someone else to get me what I want.

drfrightner
09-27-2010, 10:08 PM
Clearly you are NOT going to get your costumes... if you were he'd already had gotten back to you. I would say at this point that YOU SHOULD NEVER order from this guy again like as in EVER.

This is very very disappointing.

I'm going to remove his listing from my vendor page and will ban him from ever posting anything about selling stuff on my websites.

If he wants to do another company he'll need to promote that product on some other website. In fact in the next magazine we'll make sure to WARN people NOT to order from him ever again.

Larry

graystone
09-27-2010, 10:25 PM
Is all I can say! What a year! Shane and it's Mark? Shane this time.

terrormasue
09-28-2010, 05:57 AM
I'm trying to hang on to any hope out there. What should we do next? I called my bank and because is has been over 7 months they aren't sure what VISA will do about getting my money back. I paid with a VISA check card. This almost makes me want to just throw in the towel on the whole thing, haunt and all....This is so wrong. Any suggestions? $3000.00 is a lot of money to me.

Sue

zachary
09-28-2010, 07:21 AM
This almost makes me want to just throw in the towel on the whole thing, haunt and all....This is so wrong.

Sue

Do not let it discourage you that much, I hate you spent all that money and prob will not get your costumes ;( your haunt looks great! Keep it up...your event is better than this costume. Big bones sticking out of skin suit looks kinda silly to me, IMO anyway.

As for spookywoodfx...even if you get the costumes clearly they have no idea how to run a business AT ALL, but like i thought, this was too fishy 2 months ago!! At least 1 person should have got a costume by now, which has not happened in months...HELLO! :roll:

iamscared2009
09-28-2010, 08:16 AM
I'm trying to hang on to any hope out there. What should we do next? I called my bank and because is has been over 7 months they aren't sure what VISA will do about getting my money back. I paid with a VISA check card. This almost makes me want to just throw in the towel on the whole thing, haunt and all....This is so wrong. Any suggestions? $3000.00 is a lot of money to me.

Sue

wow!! we talked to them 2 weeks ago... they were going to sell us a suit, good thing i waited... but if enough of you call the police in the state and city he lives and make a report, they will go talk to him, the police will get back to you faster... its still theft, if he took the money and was never going to give any costumes to you guys. if you bought through the internet, and got nothing... it falls under wire fraud, google ifcc, for fraud on the internet. its run by the fbi and local police and every state has special police now to deal with internet fraud. if you file with the ifcc in one week, they will be at his door.. i know this because my brother is high ranking in the LAPD...

so call his city police, make a report, file on line with the ifcc put heat on him and he will get moving or he will let eveyone know he Fuc*ed up..

thanks jay and yen

TheHauntedOwl
09-28-2010, 08:22 AM
You have to get everyone who ordered something and did not receive a product together and file a complaint with his local police department. You have to get the amounts you paid, when you paid it, to whom you paid it, etc. Make sure you have a copy of the receipts, ALL communication you had with him (emails, PM's, etc.). Have the first person contact the local police department, and once a case number is given have each subsequent person file an additional report referencing the first case #. They WILL resolve this for you one way or the other, and you'll at LEAST gain some type of knowledge as to what happened. The IMPORTANT thing to remember is that the local police department has to know this happened to MANY people and not just one person. If they think this is a one off type situation they are less likely to follow up. You have to let it be known that this is a far reaching event.

It's your only chance to light some type of fire under his behind, and the longer you wait to do it the worse it will be for you.

drfrightner
09-28-2010, 10:51 AM
Mark is doing make up for Spookywoods maybe you should all send Tony and email and ask him to fire Mark and or keep all of his money towards paying you guys back. You could also ask Tony for the local police dept phone numbers... I'd go after him big time.

Every single person who is owed a suit and or was asked to buy one should post their address and email one person can put together a list and go to the police. If it was a scam to get money from people with no intentions what so ever of delivery there should be legal ramifications.

Larry

terrormasue
09-28-2010, 11:49 AM
OK I just got off the phone with Tony. First off I want to say how wonderful he has been to help with the situation. Also, he does not have any involvment with Spookywoodsfx anymore. Mark and Krystal are the sole owners. This is what Tony told me.

1. Mark is working day and night to get the costumes finished.
2. He will not post on the board until he is finished with everyone's costume.
3. We will eventually get our costumes.
4. No idea of the time frame involved here.

Tony has pleaded with Mark to post here or send everyone involved an email or some sort of notification. It is my understanding that will not occur. Tony actually saw and took pictures of some of the costumes that were almost finished. I can not advise anyone what to do here. I, however, am choosing to wait. If anyone would like to call me please feel free. 903-918-3889

Sue

TheGreatPhantasmo
09-28-2010, 12:23 PM
OK I just got off the phone with Tony. First off I want to say how wonderful he has been to help with the situation. Also, he does not have any involvment with Spookywoodsfx anymore. Mark and Krystal are the sole owners. This is what Tony told me.

Tony has pleaded with Mark to post here or send everyone involved an email or some sort of notification. It is my understanding that will not occur. Tony actually saw and took pictures of some of the costumes that were almost finished. I can not advise anyone what to do here. I, however, am choosing to wait. If anyone would like to call me please feel free. 903-918-3889

Sue

I think it is absolute bull that he isn't willing to communicate with anybody who is waiting. And frankly, I feel your complacency with the situation is no way to deal with this issue.

TheHauntedOwl
09-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Every single person who is owed a suit and or was asked to buy one should post their address and email one person can put together a list and go to the police. I
Larry
Exactly, the worst that can happen is you get your suit late, or you at least find out what the hell happened.

This is what Tony told me.

Tony has pleaded with Mark to post here or send everyone involved an email or some sort of notification. It is my understanding that will not occur.
Sue
You have the patience of a saint. You know how the saying goes though: "Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me"..

Having Tony get involved is going to be a good way to annoy multiple people who are not even "involved" in the situation. I'm sure Tony is sick of hearing about this and he is not even a player in this.

So Mark is holding thousands and thousands of dollars...won't answer a phone, won't reply back with a status, and ignores everyone...are we seeing a pattern here?

I think it is absolute bull that he isn't willing to communicate with anybody who is waiting. And frankly, I feel your complacency with the situation is no way to deal with this issue.
There is little doubt he will come on eventually and have a crazy story about whatever happened. How that resolves the issue is beyond me. I understand people who sent him money have to be cautious as they are probably afraid they then WON'T get an item...but at some point you have to stick up for yourself.

brad
09-28-2010, 02:23 PM

It sounds to me after talking on the phone with someone, that he refuses to get on here and tell anyone anything. and I mean on Hauntworld and thru email.

His statement was "Well, I already told them once that Im working hard to get them finished! Why should I have to get on there anymore and tell them whats going on!?!?"

-Thats what I got out of it at least.

And with that, Im not really sure if I should wait around for who knows how long, or try to get my money back. As I've said before, I'd rather have the costume than the money, but this is going too far now.

From more hear-say, it's sounds like Mark doesnt have any money... as if he's already spent what he made off of us. So with that, is it even worth trying to file a lawsuit against him?

Starting to sound to me like its gonna be a waist of money on trying to get our money back, if we went that route.

I'm not too sure what to do here now!!

TheHauntedOwl
09-28-2010, 03:17 PM
From more hear-say, it's sounds like Mark doesnt have any money... as if he's already spent what he made off of us. So with that, is it even worth trying to file a lawsuit against him?

Starting to sound to me like its gonna be a waist of money on trying to get our money back, if we went that route.

Filing a report (for each person affected) with his local police department is absolutely free. There is absolutely nothing negative that can come about from it. If you decide to continue to wait around, possibly until after Halloween, how odd is that going to sound when you try to file a report. "yes I waited 8 months, and even through the Halloween season to file some type of report". Once they see the amount of people affected by this you'd be surprised how quickly things will get rolling.

Are you in the wrong for wanting to know what the hell happened to YOUR money? :confused:

Twin Locusts
09-28-2010, 03:54 PM
Filing a report (for each person affected) with his local police department is absolutely free. There is absolutely nothing negative that can come about from it. If you decide to continue to wait around, possibly until after Halloween, how odd is that going to sound when you try to file a report. "yes I waited 8 months, and even through the Halloween season to file some type of report". Once they see the amount of people affected by this you'd be surprised how quickly things will get rolling.

Are you in the wrong for wanting to know what the hell happened to YOUR money? :confused:

what he said

freak 'n' stein
09-28-2010, 09:34 PM
Spookywoods is in my bordering state...I only wish they were an hour or twos drive... :(

Maybe there is a REALLY good explanation guys??

twohlgemuth
09-28-2010, 10:08 PM
Haunters,

First off let me make 100% clear Spookywoods is my haunted attraction. I do not own SpookywoodsFX. Mark Goodson has been my Sr. makeup artist for years, I let him use my name to get his company well know at the Vegas Transworld show. I did help him get started and once he paid my investment back I no longer had anything to do with his company. It is 100% owned by his wife Krystal.

I just logged on to this board tonight for the first time in 3 months. I have been building a massive zip line tour as you may have seen in Haunt World. Anyone that knows me can tell you I would be the first to help anyone. I have called Sue back each time she called me and I just seen all the posts tonight on this thread.

I have just finished building our massive Zip Line Tour that I have been working on 12 to 16 hours a day since June. Haunts are a walk in the park opposed to 60ft Sky Towers that people take a leap of faith off of. My county and NC Dept of Labor have had their code books wide open on my back for months. However, I came out the other side open for business as of last Friday! There is a GOD!

I did get a call from Larry and Sue. Just to get some facts out there, I let Mark use my name to get his business started back at the Vegas Transworld show. I invested over 46K in his company and once I got my money back I was no longer part of it. He will change the name once he gets on his feet again. I in no way have anything to do with SpookywoodsFX any longer. I was the front man and promoter as I believed in his work to be the best in the industry and I wanted to see his products in haunts around the world.

Now to the issue everyone is upset about. "Where are my costumes!!"

I just talked with Mark about two minutes ago and I flat out asked him, "Mark why don't you get on the board and email people an ETA?". His response is what good will it do, all people want is their product and I'm working 24/7 on them. I know that is true as he is using my shop and he has been literally sleeping on the work bench in the shop.

This problem started when his assistant Joh was casting all the parts for the suits at his own house. There was a disagreement on payment and Mark did not know that Joh stopped making parts two weeks ago. This situation got from bad to worse, now he not only is behind but has no product to even make the suits with. So, he is now working day and night just trying to get caught up. I took a photo and sent to Sue today of 3 suits he is working on, so I know for a fact product is being produced.

I really don't want to get involved, but I also have two suits I paid in full also. So, I'm in the same boat as all of you. I can tell you he is working hard on getting them created.

I will try to get an ETA on the next orders to go out to at least let people know something. I tried to tell Mark that not saying anything is only hurting all his future business no matter how good he is, this kind of customer service will KILL him.

You all and I both know, it's the customer service after the sale that wins the next order.

I'm truly sorry for all the stress this has caused all the ones waiting on orders. I hope at least with me getting some updates this will settle some of the anger and concern.

I don't mind helping out with updates, as I get them.

I hope you all have a great season despite this issue.

NightmareAftershockLLC
09-28-2010, 11:45 PM
I personally have not ordered anything from Mark, however, Tony, HOW LONG did that take you to type? Maybe 5 minutes tops? And I can guarantee alot of people who are reading this who have money invested in his product are breathing a huge sigh of relief. It would have taken Krystal 5 minutes to put a new message on her voicemail saying things are on their way, or 5 minutes to post on here the horrible situation that they are in right now.

Thanks for the update, however.

Twin Locusts
09-29-2010, 08:23 AM
I personally have not ordered anything from Mark, however, Tony, HOW LONG did that take you to type? Maybe 5 minutes tops? And I can guarantee alot of people who are reading this who have money invested in his product are breathing a huge sigh of relief. It would have taken Krystal 5 minutes to put a new message on her voicemail saying things are on their way, or 5 minutes to post on here the horrible situation that they are in right now.

Thanks for the update, however.

Bingo

This whole parade is a wonderful case study of how not to run a business, had there been better communication and maybe a token gesture of a small cash rebate on late goods or something thrown in for free this would have likely gone away.

drfrightner
09-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Tony,

Thanks for the update. I will say his reasons for not updating people is PATHETIC! A big part of running a company is communication and yes not always can every I and T be crossed but when you flat out ignore countless people because you owe them product that is just pathetic.

I talked to another person yesterday who said they are owed stuff from him that he advertised on this site ... sent a check and never got a thing.

Tony, I know you have nothing to do with this and I know NO ONE holds you responsible. Mark should fill orders, communicate with his clients if he wants to run a business, if he wants to take peoples money... the way he's treated people is just horrible.

Larry

brad
09-29-2010, 09:48 PM

BINGO is right!!! That's what I want most is just a little communication.

The way it was presented to me with his reaction is- "why should I tell them again when I've told them once 4 weeks ago"

Bad business, and unless I can take a costume with me when I pay for it at a show.....

MARK WILL MOST LIKELY NEVER SEE ANOTHER DOLLAR FROM ME.

bhays
09-30-2010, 01:46 PM
He sent me an email last week telling me that my costume would be here for opening night, Sept 24th. Obviously, that didn't happen. At this point, I really don't want any additional communication, I just want my costume.

terrormasue
09-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Counting yours, I know of 10 costumes that he has not finished yet. I was promised mine in July....... August at the lastest.....

TheHauntedOwl
09-30-2010, 07:24 PM
Counting yours, I know of 10 costumes that he has not finished yet. I was promised mine in July....... August at the lastest.....
This guy must be filled with some kind of magic because he can do whatever he wants and nobody goes after what's theirs.

3 months from now you'll be wishing you did more...

terrormasue
09-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Well I think we are between a rock and another rock..... I have inquired to the entities that be and this is a civil matter. I don't believe Mark has the money to pay anyone back. We could take him to small claims. We would win and we would be able to place a lien against him but if he has no money then so what. He could file bankrupsy and then where would we be. I am not sure yet how long I will wait. I have to believe Tony in that we will see our costumes some day. That is the only thing I am holding onto right now. I will pursue this matter if it does not get resolved. But again, I have not decided how long I will give him to produce my paid for merchandise. I love his work and I would rather have the costumes. This is a very difficult decision to make. For now I will wait.

iamscared2009
09-30-2010, 09:22 PM
wake up people!!

My brother is high ranking LAPD aka Los Angles police...

this is fraud!!

when you take money from people month after month and give them nothing its fraud, if he did it one or 2 times not really fraud..but more then 10 people..

call the police make a report, go on line to the ifcc make a report, this falls under wire fraud by use on the computer and his website... ifcc is tied in with the FBI he has taked more then 10 peoples money, how many suits? 10-20 or 30?

My wife and i sell a lot of halloween stuff we build on ebay and we go to the asd amd trade shows around the uSA to take orders, for years, we make lots of halloween stuff, i would never have any person wait 7 months to get there item... if we get backed up by 30 days we dont take orders till we have everything out to the people that bought from us...

we will be at the show in saint louis next year, and we will not take order after may. for we will be in South America and China

but.....make a report with the ifcc on line, they will call all of you and send the local police to him... then call his police dept and make a report and let them know there is more the 10 people he has ripped off over the past few months... if everyone starts calling his local police dept. and then keep calling them, they will help...

so call them or just stay bent over, grabbing your ankels and saying ggggggg i wish i had my suits...

jay and yen

icandrawem2
10-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Its not fraud. Small claims is all you can really do with it...and unfortunately the legal fees would probably exceed what you paid for the costume, so it probably wouldnt even be worth it.

However if there was no contract stating when the costumes would be delivered upon ordering, then as far as legality is concerned, they are "still in production".

I know Mark personally, and (disclaimer) although Im not speaking on his behalf, you will get your suits. I hate that it's taken so long. Hope it gets resolved soon.

damon carson
10-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Hey Jay and Yen,
Check your pm's. I sent you a message. Different subject.
Thanks,
Damon

shawnc
10-01-2010, 09:39 PM
I've got $100 that says the police won't help. Any takers?

A few years back, there was a local couple that had quite a business going picking up credit card information off the internet. They would order things in a state that was different than ours and of the credit card owner. And they didn't actually live in the town here where the merchants would call the police. They actually lived just outside, where the county sheriff had jurisdiction. It was easier for the cops to just go write some tickets than deal with the jurisdictional issues.

shawnc
10-01-2010, 09:45 PM
However if there was no contract stating when the costumes would be delivered upon ordering, then as far as legality is concerned, they are "still in production".

EXCELLENT POINT!

How many haunters buy something and just hand over the cash, check or credit card info and get nothing more than a receipt? From now on, everyone should make sure that they get a receipt with a delivery date on it. If the vendor isn't willing to guarantee it in writing, should you really be taking the chance giving them your hard-earned money? If they're willing to say it they should be willing to write it.

It may not mean much but at least when you start to go after them you don't have to deal with the "eventually" in the legality of the contract. That brings up a great question: How long do they actually have to deliver these costumes? Yes, everyone needs them for this Halloween season (which isn't October 31) but how long do they legally have to deliver them? Did anyone get a written promise of a delivery date?

iamscared2009
10-01-2010, 10:36 PM
I've got $100 that says the police won't help. Any takers?

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

everyone go file here and by the time halloween rolls around, you will know if your getting your money back or your suit...

a few years back we had someone rip us off, found out he ripped off a few people, filed a report and as soon as they went to see the guy, the guy called us and we got our money back...

if everyone starts making a report they will go see him...

jay and yen

TheHauntedOwl
10-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Its not fraud. Small claims is all you can really do with it...and unfortunately the legal fees would probably exceed what you paid for the costume, so it probably wouldnt even be worth it.

Absolutely, positively INCORRECT.
About 3 years ago my cousin went in on a forum "group buy" for some car parts. He and roughly 13 other people all "purchased" some product from a seller. He was told the parts would arrive within 2-3 months and they never showed up. As I laid out above they each contacted the local police department for the person who was the "purchaser". Eventually they had 9 people who wanted to pursue this and they each provided all of the information. The police paid a visit, found out it was a scam and the person was arrested a few weeks later. Since it was his first offense he got off lightly, had to repay every penny of it, and it was then on his record. Grand theft, scheme to defraud, etc.

If it happens to ONE person, absolutely there is a very small likelihood the police will do anything. If you have 6-7-8-9 people calling the local police department you better believe they will listen and investigate. You are sorely mistaken on this one. Let's see what the police think about his "in production" for 7+ months... I also believe it is against the law for a company to take funds so far in advance from delivering the product (when paying in full, not a "pre-order" or deposit). I believe Sue said she was told August the latest... my calendar must be running fast this year...last I looked I thought it was October. We won't discuss verbal agreements in this lesson.

extreme evil
10-01-2010, 11:33 PM
I can speak with authority, your brother is very very wrong. It is not fraud unless you can prove intent. It is a civil matter. The most likely avenue is a civil suit. I can't say I wouldn't be unhappy if I had ordered the costumes (and they are the best I've seen) and didn't get them but did you guys ever think that he got slammed with a lot more interest than he was ready for. I'm not making excuses but even some of the biggest businesses have made that mistake. If your success for this year was dependent on these costumes I would say you didn't plan too well either and I question how good your haunt is if you are dependent on a costume.

TheHauntedOwl
10-01-2010, 11:38 PM
I can speak with authority, your brother is very very wrong. It is not fraud unless you can prove intent. It is a civil matter. The most likely avenue is a civil suit. I can't say I wouldn't be unhappy if I had ordered the costumes (and they are the best I've seen) and didn't get them but did you guys ever think that he got slammed with a lot more interest than he was ready for. I'm not making excuses but even some of the biggest businesses have made that mistake. If your success for this year was dependent on these costumes I would say you didn't plan too well either and I question how good your haunt is if you are dependent on a costume.

It is not a civil matter if someone takes money and does not provide the product/service. That is called theft. If he did provide something and they were not happy with the product, THEN it would be a civil matter.

According to your theory I could collect $250,000 in total from 20 different people, and if they decided not to take me to civil court, I'm home free...please tell me you are joking?????

Jim Warfield
10-02-2010, 01:05 AM
My Dad got a letter wherein it advertised a huge amount of very valuable car parts for a classic car, it said the Father had died, this was his son selling the estate.
The only lie was, the Father was still alive, the son didn't own anything but the type writer he made the scam letter on.
People in their greed sent checks and waited ...they are still waiting 45 yrs. later.
The crook-son took off for parts unknown with his cash-stash.
What I can't understand in this deal (costumes), how long does it take to type out a post here for everyone to see? Three minutes? I would surely have communicated and explained something rather than be thought of as a dishonest person.
A good reputation might require 20 years to make and 20 minutes or less to lose.
Yes, I am "small-town" in my thinking, but it works for me.

terrormasue
10-02-2010, 06:58 AM
I really did check with the authorities and explained the whole situation. This is a civil matter. To prove fraud we would have to prove "intent" in other words, we would have to prove that Mark NEVER EVER intended to make any costumes in any way shape or form. That is not the case here. Mark is actually making costumes, slowly however. When I ordered from him last year I never received a receipt. I asked for one because I needed it for tax purposes. I asked for everything in writing again this year and was promised that but I never did get it. I do however have several emails from Mark telling me that I will have my costumes in July or August. No formal receipt. I have nothing on any letter head. I am assuming I could use the emails as proof of when the costumes were to be delivered. Again, I believe Tony in that we will eventually receive our costumes. It is wrong in the nth degree to hold customers money for so long without any contact or product. That is what I am upset about. I can understand that he may be slammed and cannot produce the costumes as fast as he would like. Again his help left him. But that in no way excuses his unprofessional behavior in this matter. Thousands of dollars of our money is now in his possession. I know the banks are not paying much in the way in interest right now but I would rather have my money back in my account until the last minute. Every penny helps.

Twin Locusts
10-02-2010, 07:25 AM
Some people were born to be employees; not even producing a reciept is plumbing the depths of lazy.

shawnc
10-02-2010, 11:39 AM
The police paid a visit, found out it was a scam and the person was arrested a few weeks later. Since it was his first offense he got off lightly, had to repay every penny of it, and it was then on his record.

So everyone should have their money back in time for Halloween - October 31, 2013. I'm sorry, I've seen government at work and that's how much faith I have in them.

Something else to remember is every state has different laws, and every municipality will enforce them differently.

drfrightner
10-04-2010, 01:21 PM
You can prove fraud simply by getting people to step up and admit they were trying to get others to buy product from them as late as a few weeks ago clearly with no intent on delivery. They did NOT fill orders have not filled orders are not communicating with people who put in orders but still called and emailed people asking for more orders. That right there is fraud and because its done in other states its federal.

Me personally I'm more than willing to testify that they tried to get orders out of me here recently but I'm not willing to put in all this time like you guys... do what you have to do and let me know.

All of you can file a lawsuit right now in your local area and when he doesn't show up you'd get a default judgement then he'd have a record a mile long he wouldn't be able to get car loans, credit cards, nothing ever again.

Something you also might consider is pay a visit... he's working at Spookywoods as a make up artist. Go down and see Tony's awesome haunted house then find this guy and make him give you a suit and take his paycheck from Tony. I already told Tony that he SHOULD NOT employ this guy... how can he have time to work as a make up artist and fill your orders... he can't! Tony should fire the guy point blank if you ask me or suspend him so he can make his costumes and ship to everyone.

Larry

zachary
10-04-2010, 02:23 PM
how do people not realize that by not getting your money back you are literally encouraging this business to continue what it is doing and continue to screw other people over!

drfrightner
10-04-2010, 03:37 PM
I talked to Tony today and he told me Marc is sleeping in his shop and is trying to fill orders and says he will... I told Tony that one weekend is already down in October what does it matter now. At the end of the day if he comes through great if he doesn't you should figure out a plan b.

Larry

danglin
10-04-2010, 03:49 PM
I sent him emails last week asking for a refund instead of the costume, but haven't gotten any replies. We have already been open two weeks, and we have already had most of our media events and made other costume arrangements. However, all of their email boxes are full, including his pm box on here. I don't know any other way of getting the message to him than posting it here.

I love his costumes and would love to have it in the show, but we had to purchase other costumes and makeup, so I want the money back to cover those costs instead.

If anyone has contact with him, please pass this message on to Mark.

Thanks,

xxxdirk
10-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Have only ordered form Spooky Props once, and got my items with no problem back in 2007 or 8. However, I have had a problem with a non haunt company a while back and had paid by credit card and never got the service I was promised. I contacted the dispute department and got 100% refunded!!!

TheHauntedOwl
10-04-2010, 10:34 PM
So everyone should have their money back in time for Halloween - October 31, 2013. I'm sorry, I've seen government at work and that's how much faith I have in them.

Something else to remember is every state has different laws, and every municipality will enforce them differently.

This is an internet forum and there is just really no reason to keep trying and make a point which I know is valid.

ok so according to the authorities where Spookywoods FX is located, I could do this next year:

I will create a business called HauntedOwl Costumes. I will goto TW convention and I will sell costumes at $2,000 each. I will have a prototype there that will blow you away and it will be worth it. Next I will get 50 people to order from me and pay me up front. I will simply say "the costumes will ship as soon as they are completed".

I will then make only the gloves for the costume in the first 3-4 months, then I will make the neck piece in the next 3-4 months.. eventually I will get around to making the costume in about 3-4 years and ship it out.
So according to a few people in this thread it is completely legit, and nothing about that is illegal. Since I have no intent of not delivering a costume I can take as long as I want, not contact anybody, etc...while collecting payment in full up front...Why didnt I think of this before?!?!?!?!!? Bill Gates will be asking me for a loan before long.

Ask yourself this, why can companies only charge your credit card for the full price of an item only when it is ready to ship?
Anyways..good luck to all that are hoping to get a product. Really crappy situation but if you are this patient and happy to wait more power to you. :D

brad
10-09-2010, 01:53 AM
Ok, now that Im not too busy and now have time to think....

Are there any updates on this mess? Anybody on here been contacted at all or recieved anything?

It has now been over 3 weeks since this thread was created.

Mark posted these words: "I havent attempted to avoid you in anyway what-so-ever."

But it seems that no one has heard anything from Mark himself. Props to Tony for looking into it, but nothing from Mark or Krystal.

Dewayne, did you get your money refunded yet?

Also, after seeing an outfit (from a different company) at another haunt, and seeing the lower quality of it, Im getting concerned that since Mark is "rushing" to get them done, that they wont be as good as expected of his company.

brad
10-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Woops!!! I guess I shouldve checked my email before I posted that last post.

Krystal emailed me a few days ago!!

She explained some of the situation they are going thru, and said the suits are deffinately getting made by Mark by himself.

There's still no good ETA on the suit, but at least I know something more now than before.

Any one else get contacted recently?

Grimley
10-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Its nice when they can respond to an email. Probably took 30 seconds.

terrormasue
10-10-2010, 05:37 AM
Oh my!! I can't believe it, you actually got a response. I have emailed Krystal several times in the past few days. I have recieved no reply. Well at least they are alive and Mark is working on the suits. Thanks for posting this. Has anyone else heard from or recieved any poduct from Mark? Just wondering. Hopefully they will be arriving soon.

Sue

graystone
10-10-2010, 09:49 AM
Not a word! Shane and it's not 1 word! Shane this time!

danglin
10-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Brad/Sue,

Krystal emailed me on October 6. She said that Mark was having to put all of the suits together, because their other help bailed on them. I let them know that I wanted our money back. She said they are working hard on the suits, and that she would have to check with Mark regarding us getting a refund. Their biggest problem is getting the suits put together right now, according to her.

Hopefully we will get a refund. We do not need the suit now.

Good luck to everyone on this.

iamscared2009
10-11-2010, 10:18 PM
if anyone gets a suit and does not want it, email or pm us and we will buy it off of you..even if its well after halloween.. thanks jay and yen

FEAR ASYLUM
10-11-2010, 10:45 PM
jay you dont need any suit to scare people man you are naturaly scare cracker lol

terrormasue
10-26-2010, 07:56 AM
FYI,

Well, I received my costumes from Spookywoods. I hate to do this but I have to be honest here because I do not want anyone else to experience what I have gone through with this company.

Back in Feb I ordered 2 costumes from Spookywoodsfx, the Decayed Corpse and the Anubis and an extra set of hands.
I paid of the money at that time.
I was promised the costumes in August 2010, September at the latest.
I called in June to pay down more money, Krystal called me right back, I gave her permission to charge on my card.
The costumes were almost finished at that time.
August came and went, no costumes.
Mark emailed me in Sept. the following emails.

9/4/2010
Hi Sue, Krystal wanted me to let you know that we will be shipping your costumes out on our trip to the post office next week. Should she charge the same card?
Thanks!
Mark

Krystal called on the 4th asking for the rest of the payment because my costumes were ready and would be shipped out that Monday. I asked her for a receipt and a tracking number. She replied, no problem. The money was removed from my account 2 days later. I called on Monday to get the tracking number from Krystal, she never did answer the phone nor answer my emails nor did she ever call me back with any information at all. So now I was getting pretty worried.

I then received this email from Mark on the 15th of Sept.
9/15/2010
Hi Sue, sorry for the email if you have already spoke to Krystal today. I screwed up. I didn't have your gloves finished today, thought I did. Costumes are ready now we are waiting on ME. I'll be finishing up the sets in the next day or so….

OK So I am OK at this point. Mark tells me that my costumes are finished and complete and that he is waiting for a set of hands to finish.
My money is gone and I had no costumes at this point until yesterday. My costumes, thanks to Tony, arrived in the mail. The only problem is not all of the pieces arrived. The following is a list of parts that are missing from my Anubis and Decayed corpse costumes. Now remember, MY COSTUMES ARE FINISHED, this was told to me by both Krystal and Mark that my costumes are done.

1. I have no Anubis head! Oh my, no mask! What good is the body without a head.
2. A set of hands
3. All the detail on the Decayed Corpse ie. Moss and torn flesh
4. Two black out masks
5. The Ankh necklace for the Anubis
6. The decorated latex flap that goes over the skirt at the front of the Anubis costume

I have in my possession an Egyptian Soldier that I ordered, and received without any problem, last year from Mark and Krystal. The quality and detail is perfect. The costumes I received yesterday are a much thinner latex, the paint job is quite different, more grey then the brown like that of the Soldier. The Decayed Corpse has little detail compared to the picture. I still have no receipt for any costume. I bought some moss to put on the Decayed Corpse and hopefully I can get some instruction to paint a bit more detail on them. But I do want to say that even though what I received seems a bit less than that of the costume before Marks work is still amazing. He still is such a huge talent and such a fantastic artist. I hope and pray that I will someday receive the rest of the parts to my costumes. Had it not been for Tony I would not have what I have! He mailed them to me. Again, Tony has nothing to do with Spookywoodsfx anymore, he was just trying to help.

Sue

However I did just receive this email. So they are working on the costumes and will get everything out as soon as possible.

Hey Sue,
I will get them out as soon as possible, I’m aiming for this week. I’m sorry everything is taking so long, like I said before, I usually only do the office work, so I was thrown into this and had to learn really quick like. If you wouldn’t mind, make sure I did not send you a set of gloves that were both for the same hand, I did someone, trying to figure out who it was.
Thanks,
Krystal Goodson

graystone
10-26-2010, 03:27 PM
I was afraid that would happen. Lot's of times vendors do that so they can say "hey I shipped it" Shane and it's sad just plain sad! Shane this time!

SomeThingInTheIce
10-27-2010, 10:08 AM
Wow just Wow, to bad too because the costumes looked to be awesome. I don't think you will see this company around any more.

Mad Wax Sculptor
10-28-2010, 09:36 AM
This is too bad. I think the costumes theme and concept is very cool. No matter how cool the design is its not worth 2 cents if you can't complete the illusion.

Dreamreaper
10-28-2010, 09:52 PM
FYI,

Well, I received my costumes from Spookywoods. I hate to do this but I have to be honest here because I do not want anyone else to experience what I have gone through with this company.

Back in Feb I ordered 2 costumes from Spookywoodsfx, the Decayed Corpse and the Anubis and an extra set of hands.
I paid of the money at that time.
I was promised the costumes in August 2010, September at the latest.
I called in June to pay down more money, Krystal called me right back, I gave her permission to charge on my card.
The costumes were almost finished at that time.
August came and went, no costumes.
Mark emailed me in Sept. the following emails.

9/4/2010
Hi Sue, Krystal wanted me to let you know that we will be shipping your costumes out on our trip to the post office next week. Should she charge the same card?
Thanks!
Mark

Krystal called on the 4th asking for the rest of the payment because my costumes were ready and would be shipped out that Monday. I asked her for a receipt and a tracking number. She replied, no problem. The money was removed from my account 2 days later. I called on Monday to get the tracking number from Krystal, she never did answer the phone nor answer my emails nor did she ever call me back with any information at all. So now I was getting pretty worried.

I then received this email from Mark on the 15th of Sept.
9/15/2010
Hi Sue, sorry for the email if you have already spoke to Krystal today. I screwed up. I didn't have your gloves finished today, thought I did. Costumes are ready now we are waiting on ME. I'll be finishing up the sets in the next day or so.

OK So I am OK at this point. Mark tells me that my costumes are finished and complete and that he is waiting for a set of hands to finish. He promised me an extra set of hands.

My money is gone and I had no costumes at this point until yesterday. My costumes, thanks to Tony, arrived in the mail. The only problem is not all of the pieces arrived. The following is a list of parts that are missing from my Anubis and Decayed corpse costumes. Now remember, MY COSTUMES ARE FINISHED, this was told to me by both Krystal and Mark that my costumes are done.

1. I have no Anubis head! Oh my, no mask! What good is the body without a head.
2. The extra set of hands I was promised
3. All the detail on the Decayed Corpse ie. Moss and torn flesh and poor paint job
4. Two black out masks
5. The Aunk necklace for the Anubis
6. The decorated latex flap that goes over the skirt at the front of the Anubis costume

I have in my possession an Egyptian Soldier that I ordered, and received without any problem, last year from Mark and Krystal. The quality and detail is perfect. The costumes I received yesterday are a much thinner latex, the paint job is quite different, more grey then the brown like that of the Soldier. The Decayed Corpse has little detail compared to the picture. I still have no receipt for any costume. I bought some moss to put on the Decayed Corpse and hopefully I can get some instruction to paint a bit more detail on them. But I do want to say that even though what I received seems a bit less than that of the costume before Marks work is still amazing. He still is such a huge talent and such a fantastic artist. I hope and pray that I will someday receive the rest of the parts to my costumes. Had it not been for Tony I would not have what I have! He mailed them to me. Again, Tony has nothing to do with Spookywoodsfx anymore, he was just trying to help.

Sue

However I did just receive this email. So they are working on the costumes and will get everything out as soon as possible.

Hey Sue,
I will get them out as soon as possible, Im aiming for this week. Im sorry everything is taking so long, like I said before, I usually only do the office work, so I was thrown into this and had to learn really quick like. If you wouldnt mind, make sure I did not send you a set of gloves that were both for the same hand, I did someone, trying to figure out who it was.
Thanks,
Krystal Goodson

WOW...hope it works out, I'm sure its to late though

damon carson
10-29-2010, 12:17 AM
Even if they did manage to keep their head affloat for a while they have a bad rep as a vendor. Who in the hell would order from them ever again. Unless they just get random people off the net who dont know anything about all this. That is horrible! And I feel they should be held accountable. I know I would be pissed to shell out that kind of money and not get anything in return as everyone on this thread has practically.
Damon

extreme evil
10-29-2010, 12:25 AM
Larry, I realize I'm new and I am probably not the one you want to hear from. I have watched everything transpire between Spookywoods and the haunt owners. I must say I really like the costumes Spookwoods make. I went to their website and there was a note on there for problems contact Krystal. So, I did contact her and she contacted in return twice in the same day. This was just a few days ago. She was very sweet, funny and businesslike. She told me she had 5 left and to let her know which ones I was interested in and she'd quote me a price and she contacted me again and made me a good deal. No money has changed hands as I evidently upset a few owners by even thinking about ordering so I backed off, but I'd really like to have the costumes. I can order using my debit card and I have 50 days to decide whether or not I'm satisfied with the progress and if not I can get my money back. At the same time she told me she was only charging half down from now on and have when the item was ready to ship.

Gore Galore
10-29-2010, 10:38 AM
Extreme Evil,
What are you apologizing for?
If you like the product and are aware of the circumstances and feel you are being treated fairly why wouldn't you go through with it. 50% upfront, and the balance on delivery is a good way to do business.
Like I said before Mark and Krystal are good people, just in a rough situation.
But as long as you have an understanding and feel secure in that then it is no one else's concern.

graystone
10-29-2010, 10:52 AM
I like Mark too but why would you encourage someone to go ahead and put a deposit down when several have not got theirs inculding myself? Thanks buddy for the slap in the face to those who has recived nothing. I ordered and paid in Feb and not a thing not even a call so I can't say they have lied they have just ignored me all together.

As a vendor I would think you would stay on the sideline because with all thats went on from vendors this year you are gonna see the effects too! Your a good vendor and I promise you that it's going to effect you. This has went on long enough. I WILL TELL ANYONE DO NOT BUY FROM A COMPANY THAT CAN NOT TAKE CARE OF THEIR PAST RESPONSIBILITIES! Shane and it's feeing screwed yet again! Shane this time!|

Let me add this the "bad situation" excuse has been over used. People know when they can't get out of a hole and they keep using the" it was a bad year, we over commited, we this, we that", I sure as hell don't see these people offering and sending money back! Why? because they know they can get away with it and come TransWorld we will act like a kid in a candy store and forget about what happened this past year! Not this time baby! Shane has got something that's going to bring a new meaning to how buyers in this Indusrey are treated and why you ask? Because I got the time, money and the reason to! Stay posted folks! 2011 will be the year of change!

danglin
10-29-2010, 10:55 AM
Extreme,

I am one of the those who paid up front for a costume and never got it. A few weeks ago, I gave up and told them to just issue me a full refund, since I never got a costume. If you go ahead and purchase the costume, then they will have the money to send me my refund, so yes, please go ahead, by all means.

I do understand that they have had a rough time, and they seem to be good people. However, we still have a business to run, and when you pay for something in full, months in advance, by now we should have had a costume, or as we requested a few weeks ago, a full refund.

Now having said that, if we don't receive our refund, and we never got a costume, and you get one....... Then I would be extremely upset (no pun intended) with them, not you.

Slain
10-29-2010, 01:35 PM
Larry, I realize I'm new and I am probably not the one you want to hear from. I have watched everything transpire between Spookywoods and the haunt owners. I must say I really like the costumes Spookwoods make. I went to their website and there was a note on there for problems contact Krystal. So, I did contact her and she contacted in return twice in the same day. This was just a few days ago. She was very sweet, funny and businesslike. She told me she had 5 left and to let her know which ones I was interested in and she'd quote me a price and she contacted me again and made me a good deal. No money has changed hands as I evidently upset a few owners by even thinking about ordering so I backed off, but I'd really like to have the costumes. I can order using my debit card and I have 50 days to decide whether or not I'm satisfied with the progress and if not I can get my money back. At the same time she told me she was only charging half down from now on and have when the item was ready to ship.

Man you are being pulled under the water... They are good at taking orders it is just delivering the goods that seems to be the issue....

terrormasue
10-29-2010, 08:53 PM
WOW OMG! WOW........There is nothing else I can say right now.........

bhays
10-30-2010, 01:30 AM
My costume arrived today and I have to say that the quality is good. It's unfortunate we will only get one weekend with it, but I am glad we got it. There are items I've paid for from other vendors and just never seen, so at this point, Spookywoods FX is better than those vendors.

Gore Galore
10-30-2010, 10:58 AM
Wow,
Shane,
You sound like a politician.

Besides that you have good points, but things are not as simple as you want to make them.
You are speaking from emotion. Justifiable but emotion just the same.

It is very simple, if the roles were reversed how would you want to be treated. (EMPATHY: trying to understand how another person feels, or their struggle)

Lets go over this again.
Please consider this as a possibility.
Mark had heart surgery. FACT and not that long ago.
Talk about being incapacitated for a long time.
But he loves what he does, and it is his means of making a living besides working at Spookywoods Haunted Attraction. I don't know if he has a day job.
What if he and his wife have no other means of making a living. So, Mark has to teach his wife to cast, paint, etc to make ends meet because he can't work 12 to 16 hours a day anymore.
Even with ALL of that. They have no excuse to not take care of business if they are taking peoples money. ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE!
But they got into a situation they have to fight out of.
Customers, such as yourself and many other wonderful well intentioned buyers, got stuck in the middle of this sad situation.

But being nasty with them will not get you your order. Patience is the call for the day.
You have every right to demand your money back, and you have every right to be upset.
However, here is the catch. Being a jerk will not get you your money back.
But Patience will get you your order, and a super grateful thank you for your support and patience. Of course not when you wanted it. And that really sucks.
I mean sucks!
But that is the way it is at this moment.
It still sucks. But rather than busting his nuts about it.
Give them a little break.
We could all use one.
Be Patient and they will get your order done for you, one costume at a time.

Mark and Krystal,
All I can say is don't make me look like a Jerk by standing behind you and showing my support.
I know you are good people just trying to be creative and make a living.
Honestly, I know what that means right now and that may still be trying to pay past hospital bills if you were self employed when the hospital stay happened since you may have had no insurance.

I really don't begrudge anyone your feelings over not getting your costume. You have every right to be upset. Every right!
But being nasty about it really doesn't solve the situation. It just makes it worse for everyone.

Business and life is pretty simple for me.
Be creative.
learn from my mistakes.
live each day intentionally, as best as I can.
try to run an honorable business, and live an honorable life.
Don't make promises I can't keep.
take personal responsibility for my personal and my business actions.
have empathy for others.

That is ALL I can do.
This is my very last post regarding this subject.

drfrightner
10-30-2010, 11:13 AM
Kevin,

I have to tell you that I do NOT AGREE WITH ANYTHING YOU SAID NOT AT ALL... you almost sound like you bought into his company and now you are part owner or something.

No lets review the facts and get them straight...

Mark had surgery a long long long time ago... that is not the excuse.

Mark got onto message boards and started advertising SALES for his costumes, he took money, and he didn't deliver to some at all and to others what the weekend before Halloween.

He even advertised things for sale that he supposedly had for sale just laying around the shop and didn't deliver... I will keep that person nameless but lets just say he has a major haunted house in the Southeast.

Lastly Mark was sending emails out to people starting with myself asking if they needed any suits not that long ago maybe as few as 8 weeks ago... I know because I got one of them back in something like August asking ME if I wanted to make some orders.

Now tell me how do you blame that on heart surgery, how to make up excuses for that... give me a break.

8 10 weeks ago you should have been making suits and trying to fill the orders you already had not trying to get even more orders...

Bottom line and its really simple... when this WHOLE THING STARTED and it was just around the time my haunts opened I got an email from Mark asking if I could delete all this stuff.

I GOT MY ASS ON THIS FORUM and defended him just like you are doing NOW... I got slammed danced by other haunted house owners. The reason I stepped in is because I assumed he was a stand up guy that would CONTACT EACH AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE people and let me know I'm working day and night and will get your stuff out any day.

He made ONE post on this forum saying he was going to get stuff done he watched one person after another make claims they would not return emails, phone calls or even calm things down here...

We ALL KNOW we ALL make mistakes I make them all the time, we make mistakes on orders as well, and I'm sure you yourself... but when you get phone calls, emails, or heck hundreds of posts here you don't let your FORMER partner come on here and defend you by saying he's no longer part of the company.

There is NO EXCUSE YOU SHOULD BE MAKING here... period.

I got pounced on and made to look like a dumba** for deleting entire threads of complaints on the guy, defending him, and more... he made me look like an idiot!

A couple days ago somebody slammed SPFX, I gave him the opportunity to identify himself he didn't, so that thread got deleted. If someone slammed your company, I would defend you as well, and let you handle it while getting rid of the thread because I know you are not trying to screw people.

There would just have to be a logical reason for the problem...

I would believe you would not do something like that you have a track record that speaks for itself... however in this situation its not justifiable for you or anyone else to stand up for Mark and his company.

Not based on the facts!

Larry

PS: Just so you and everyone understands my position is that I think everyone can and will make mistakes, and they should NOT be posted on this forum and beat into the ground. I also deleted the thread about Fright World and all their problems. I have deleted numerous threads about vendors and more because its simply NOT right to bash on vendors or haunt owners for simple mistakes, let people or give people the opportunity to correct them. But then you have cases like this one where it seems like little attempt was made while several emails and phone calls got ignored. This is one of those cases in my opinion where there is just no excuse.

Lastly, I would say to Mark that he clearly has skills at creating cool things, when he was partnered with Tony this DID NOT HAPPEN at all... when Tony was involved they sold hundreds of suit and everything was delivered on time. If he wants to salvage his business he should consider running the business like Tony did when he was a partner and or beg Tony to get back involved which I'm sure he would not. Mark you have talent but when you flat out ignore people this is what happens.

I would bet ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY... that had Mark called all these people and said 'I'm sorry I let you down, I have no money, I'm still paying off hospital bills or whatever, but I'm not going to let you down would you KILL me if I still made good on the suits even though its going to take me a lot longer than I promised'... every one of these people would have been mad but probably said OKAY. Then we would NOT have seen this nonsense.

Next time COMMUNICATE WITH EVERYONE BE HONEST... you can't do it, you are working full time at Spookywoods haunt, whatever be honest and communicate and you will probably find a sympathetic ear.

graystone
10-30-2010, 11:44 AM
Points well taken BUT REMEMBER I AM IN THE CHRISTMAS BUSINESS I AM A VENDOR TOO! I don't do this this kind of crap if I did I would have been out of business a longggggggggggggggg time ago. I am now in my 20th year. If I said all my customers were 100% happy I would be a bold face lie. But in 20 years not one can say they never recieved product way before the time they needed it. You can't make everyone happy it just don't happen. But again no one can ever say they did not get what they ordered!

Look I realize Mark has problems I knew this and for the most part have not said anything and here is why. I talked to Mark in Feb when I order and paid for in full my costume. I did ask Mark when will I see it? His reply "first of August" my thought was this is Febuary what the hell are you going to be doing between now and August? I mean I just bought and paid in full for a product you mean to tell me that you can't get over and start to work on it tomorrow? OK I take the blame for that. But Kevin iF we accept one excuse we have to accept them all.

Only he knew his health and again I still like Mark but they knew what and what not they could do period! YOU don't get in a bind take peoples money and then make excuses. As a buyer and a vendor I need to ask when does the statement "give them time" or "give me/us time" stop being an excuse with these people. I bet your bottom dollar that if I placed an order and then said " hey give me time" I will pay you....." hey look its been a bad year I will pay you", "my dog died and I have not felt like sending your money" give me time!!!!!!!!! Gosh this is stupid to be going over this. Lets do this hopefully the vendors will start making product we can just pick up at the show! Wait hell that want happen! Why? BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE OUR FREAKING MONEY TO PLAY WITH!!!!!

I want to say this Mark as a friend I still love you buddy. And this is not a bashing game with you because up till this point you have done a good job. My point here is THIS HAS TO STOP. I got someting lined up for TransWorld that's gonna turn this Industry upside down if your a vendor and think your going to come to the show rape us blind and run off THINK AGAIN! 2011 IS A NEW DAY IN HOW THIS INDUSTRY TREATS BUYERS.

There are many vendors who is on these forums, poison props. edge design, unit70, fright props, distortions, even you Kevin, many good vendors and not a one usually comments and I think the reason they don't is.... for one they want to stay out of it and for 2 and most importantly they know I am right and there is no excuse for this and they know the more it happens the harder they are going to get hit too and that's just not right or even fair to them.

Maybe I should have not got this going on the thread about Mark again I still love him as a friend my point here is again. ONE WAY OR ANOTHER THIS IS GOING TO STOP IF I HAVE TO SPEND EVERY LAST DIME I GOT TO DO IT TO SAVE THOSE WHO CAN'T AFFORD THESE KIND OF LOSSES! Shane and it's I WANT TO SEE THESE PEOPLE DONE RIGHT! Shane this time!

Let me add this again I think Mark will make all this right and get past this. And I promise I have much bigger fish to fry as what Mark owes me is nothing compaired to what some owe! remember TransWorld 2011 Baby! The year of change!

Larry... You were responding the same time as me and I will say this well put man !!!! And I to failed and made a mistake here to and that is in saying sometimes things happen mistakes happen I do understand that as well as anyone else. But we have to treat each one as a case by case issue. I will say this again some of you guys that have done this over and over again is just plain chit out of luck! Changes are coming people I am not running a campain here I am just stating a fact!

Twin Locusts
10-30-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote "I would bet ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY... that had Mark called all these people and said 'I'm sorry I let you down, I have no money, I'm still paying off hospital bills or whatever, but I'm not going to let you down would you KILL me if I still made good on the suits even though its going to take me a lot longer than I promised'... every one of these people would have been mad but probably said OKAY. Then we would NOT have seen this nonsense.

Next time COMMUNICATE WITH EVERYONE BE HONEST... you can't do it, you are working full time at Spookywoods haunt, whatever be honest and communicate and you will probably find a sympathetic ear."

ditto

Gore Galore
10-31-2010, 10:45 AM
Shane,
thank you.
You come across so much more reasonable.
It is all about the approach.

Larry,
You were dead on with

"I would bet ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY... that had Mark called all these people and said 'I'm sorry I let you down, I have no money, I'm still paying off hospital bills or whatever, but I'm not going to let you down would you KILL me if I still made good on the suits even though its going to take me a lot longer than I promised'... every one of these people would have been mad but probably said OKAY. Then we would NOT have seen this nonsense"

Communication is the key,

I don't know Mark that well. Except I have seen his love for this industry and what he does, and the pride in his work.
I just felt like he was being ganged up on. However, if he is taking peoples money with no intention to fill their orders. Well, he will put HIMSELF out of business.
Vendors have to do their best to communicate with their customers.
That should go without saying. Eventhough I know first hand how hard that really is.

But please also know anyone who has heart surgery will not ever be the same. Even years later he may not ever be able to work the way he used to. His ability may be dimished.

And Larry you know I never give excuses. Just try to show that nothing is as simple as we want to make it. There are always more than 2 sides to every story and the truth is always somewhere in between.

I just wish I knew what the truth was.
I don't want to make assumptions and allow that to justify my actions or emotions.
I like to take in all the information and form my own opinion.

Grimley
10-31-2010, 12:55 PM
I am having the same problem with Hauntatorium and it is driving me nuts. If you realize you won't be able to deliver ask everyone for an extension OR REFUND THE FREAKING MONEY. Don't just keep it hostage and stop answering calls and emails. I implore you not to ever buy from either company unless you want a severe headache.

terrormasue
10-31-2010, 01:04 PM
What I stated earlier in my post is the truth so help me God. I do not have complete costumes. You see where Krystal did promise me that she would send me the rest of the pieces soon. Today is Halloween and I do not have the rest of my costumes. She also told Rick, as he stated above, that she has 5 complete costumes ready to sell. Just pick one!! Well I am picking!!!!! I need the rest of the pieces to my costumes please!! I will help anyone who is in need but I do not like getting lied to. So Krystal, should I expect the rest of my costumes the week of Nov. 1st.? Hey I am good with that. I am good with someday soon getting my complete costumes. Again, Mark is an amazing talent but this is in no way shape or form the way to run a business. You do not take costumers money and tell then that they will have their costume in a few weeks with no INTENTION on delivering!!!!!! Its wrong in every sense of the word. Do not PROMISE what you can't deliver. It is so simple. Do not tell me "Your costumes are finished and they will be mailed out Monday and by the way I need the rest of the payment" and then don't MAIL THEM!!!!! Good grief, I suppose I am a bit upset. Krystal, can I expect the rest of my costumes to be mailed next week? I surely hope so.

Sue

terrormasue
11-01-2010, 05:07 AM
Now that Halloween is over remember to check the Hauntcompanyreview.com site and rate these vendors. I'm with Shane on this we have got to do something about non-delivery of product. I say C.O.D. Maybe half upfront and the rest on possession. This is TOO MUCH keeping customers money and not delivering product. Only we can change this, we are the customer! We need to make our money count here. And Rick, you have no need to apologize at all. No one is upset with you and thanks for your help!! All of us haunt product consumers need to stick together. We are much stronger as a group than as individuals. We can make a change. Trans World here we come!!

Sue

Twin Locusts
11-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Now that Halloween is over remember to check the Hauntcompanyreview.com site and rate these vendors. I'm with Shane on this we have got to do something about non-delivery of product. I say C.O.D. Maybe half upfront and the rest on possession. This is TOO MUCH keeping customers money and not delivering product. Only we can change this, we are the customer! We need to make our money count here. And Rick, you have no need to apologize at all. No one is upset with you and thanks for your help!! All of us haunt product consumers need to stick together. We are much stronger as a group than as individuals. We can make a change. Trans World here we come!!

Sue

Escrow is the only way, seller pays fees.

terrormasue
11-02-2010, 07:57 AM
I still don't have all the parts to my costumes............BooHoooooo

terrormasue
11-10-2010, 09:37 AM
OK Halloween has been over now for exactly 10 days. I still do not have all the pieces to my costumes. Has anyone else recieved theirs COMPLETE? Just wondering.

Thorswings
11-10-2010, 10:55 AM
I received one of mine (the Monday after Halloween?!). Looks like its all there but the paint job was pretty basic.

FearFactoryErie
11-10-2010, 10:59 AM
i love seeing these threads!!! just keeps us newbies away from these vendors.
and dear haunts... i might be harsh for saying this. but really... are they good people ? if they were good people people, u would have received ur costumes/props months before u even opened!! or better yet a couple months after u placed the order!!!

just because they talked to u in a polite manner at these trade shows, doesnt make them good people. they have a silver tongue.... with no backbone to refund ur money or just plainly tell u that u wont get ur order on time as PROMISED. lol

i am lucky enough to have people msg me in private and send me emails telling me which are good... and which are not or just lucky to see these threads. thank you.
so far there 3 vendors im staying clear of.

hopefully the "bad" vendors will go out of business. or just changes for the better(doubtful).

the way i see it... is yes. if u make a prototype for the trade shows u must be prepared to fill those orders within 2 months!!! period. and it should be C.O.D . why should we put our trust in you. put ur trust in us!

i hope i dont come off to abrasive, but just seeing this kind of stuff makes me sick....

SomeThingInTheIce
11-10-2010, 01:02 PM
if u make a prototype for the trade shows u must be prepared to fill those orders within 2 months!!! period. and it should be C.O.D . why should we put our trust in you. put ur trust in us!

You are so right! They know that they are going to sell SOME so why not get ahead of the game and make some damn product up front.

danglin
11-10-2010, 03:35 PM
We still have not received either a refund or a suit. The last email reply I had was almost a month ago. We have demanded (in writing) a refund at least 4 times.

It's two weeks after Halloween now, so there is absolutely no excuse why one of them has not contacted us lately to discuss this.

Grimley
11-10-2010, 05:02 PM
I think it is time for a good ole fashioned boycott of deadbeat vendors. We need to spread the word on every forum and every medium. If you can't produce the items or refund the money you have no business in business. I am referring to Hauntatorium and spookywoods.

graystone
11-10-2010, 08:01 PM
TransWorld Show 2011 it's time to stop the stealing of our money! Dewayne I have not got my costume yet either! Shane and it's I want the costume and it better be what I ordered! Shane this time!

FearFactoryErie
11-11-2010, 10:37 PM
i guess if some vendor didnt send me my product. and then gave me the "round-around" and gave me hard time... with getting my refund back. and then seen them at transworld? u better put ur money on me.. me kickin their A$$

damon carson
11-11-2010, 10:53 PM
They didnt even come to Transworld last year that I know of. They kept posting they werent coming. That they couldnt afford to be a vendor there. That should have been the throwing up of the red flag right there for everyone!
Damon

terrormasue
11-18-2010, 07:15 PM
I received an email almost a month ago telling me that the rest of the pieces to my costumes will be mailed the following week!! Wow I was excited........lol I got an email 2 days ago telling me that they are working on the pieces. They will be mailing next week. 11/18/2010