PDA

View Full Version : Line Entertainment

screamforadream
09-13-2010, 07:25 PM
Our haunt just built a new 16'x16' stage, and we have a couple plans for it. We'd really like to have some crazy line entertainment that's affordable and doesn't require crazy amounts of power. Does anyone here have suggestions?

Badger
09-14-2010, 07:50 PM
I always tell people to put their best improv actors out to work queue lines since they have so much more interaction with the public. I started a haunted acting troupe this past year for the express purpose of hiring out to haunts so we can work the queue and let the others work in the haunt.

You could also show (public domain) movies like the original Night of the Living Dead or some clips of others that you wouldn't have to purchase rights to.

screamforadream
09-14-2010, 07:58 PM
Thanks! We have some of our best actors out in the front, and I like the movie idea. We were wondering if outside of chain saws, and giant expensive costumes, if there were any skits or acts that would just freak people out, something outside of the norm (if there is one ;) )

Bradenton Haunted Trail
09-14-2010, 08:21 PM
In past events we would reenact scenes from movies like psycho and reservoir Dogs. it was fun just use the music from the movie or scene like in reservoir dogs when he cuts the ear of the cop.

BruiseMuse
09-14-2010, 09:32 PM
I've used improv actors, fire breathing/eating/twirlers, and circus freak type acts.

Some fire marshals are not too keen on the fire, but if they allow fire it goes over really well with the customers.

screamforadream
09-16-2010, 08:31 AM
Those are all really great ideas! Thanks! We are not allowed to use fire, even though we are outside. Fire marshall is pretty tough on that and the event insurance skyrockets through the roof! But it is something that when we eventually move locations I would LOVE to do. I appreciate your ideas everyone!