PDA

View Full Version : Lemp Brewery Haunted House Photos

drfrightner
09-20-2010, 12:43 AM
Worked at Lemp for HOURS tonight... we are going to build a haunted house believe it or not in ONE WEEK! Yep that is right... we built the walls, did all the electric, blah, blah weeks ago then turned ALL of our attention to Creepyworld.

Creepyworld took way more time than we ever thought, so now starting Sunday we started putting scenes together. Its going to go together in ONE week and it will look BAD ASS!

You be the judge. Did everything you see here in one night. This place is like a real dungeon a real castle, unlike anything you've ever seen.

Larry

drfrightner
09-20-2010, 12:48 AM
There might not be five cooler locations than this to have a haunted house, this is real 100 year old gothic tunnels, caves, walls, with real looking everything ... this place is outragous.

We will open this attraction for Transworld. You board a freight elevator and we take you down several levels below street level and you get dropped off underground... where NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM!

I will post more photos soon.

Larry

Spookyant
09-20-2010, 01:25 AM
Awesome job Larry! You and your crew really are amazing. Top notch.

graystone
09-20-2010, 07:03 AM
I am pretty much doing the same as you as you know I think were crazy! Love the old walls ect that is and will be so much of a help to you. You will pull it off I am sure its really looking great! Shane and its good luck! Shane this time.

Jim Warfield
09-20-2010, 07:25 AM
Those figures displayed therein. Very impressive!
Some will be too claustraphobic to be underground (oh, well? hahaha!) Some may feel too much from the old setting to be comfortable. (Oh, well again?)
You seem to be playing off your movie script of the old brewery full of beer/blood-drinking vampires who have discovered the secrets to long life, all well and good!
My Ravens Grin wine cellar has always impressed most people, chiseled from solid rock and creepy, different, so "Old-World" in it's construction.
Can't beat the atmosphere when it's already 150 years old!

shawng
09-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Lookin good larry, i like "janitor dr.satan"

damon carson
09-20-2010, 12:00 PM
It makes it too easy. Im sure it was alot of work but at the same time saved you time in the long run. Looking forward to seeing it! Damon

drfrightner
09-20-2010, 12:04 PM
we built a lot of crates and bought a lot of wine barrels plus a bunch of static figures from Unit 70 so yeah it will make it very easy... but coming up with a plan of attack is really what is making it easier. We still have to go through all the electric, fire doors, sprinkler this and that... building the maze all the hard work but coming up with a plan that works is what makes everything pay off.

You have to work within your assets... then exploit them!

Once we get it done I will post more pictures.

Larry

Jolly Pumpkin
09-20-2010, 01:18 PM
There's nothing wrong with what you're doing. If you have incredible walls and a great location it would be a sin to cover it up. Nothing you are going to do would make the walls look better than they already do except for some great lighting. It looks pretty incredible.

coasterfreak63
09-20-2010, 01:33 PM
It all look great, especially for one nights work.

I absolutly love the music on the Lemp Brewery website, just awesome.

ScaryPAGirl
09-20-2010, 01:37 PM
That looks fahmazing! Those props and scenes are awesome. Good work and more pics please!

DarkTikiEntertainment
09-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Fantastic job, Larry! I want to be you when I grow up (even though I'm probably already around your age, ha ha!)! Building multiple haunted houses, dark rides, and black light mini-golf courses for a living would be a dream come true.

Pumpkin King
09-20-2010, 04:28 PM
Totally KICK-ASS!!!!!

Jim Warfield
09-20-2010, 08:08 PM
A small possibly one-candle power illumination, set shining up and across the surface of the rock wall makes for a very nice look , in my opinion. (Done that, looked fantastic!)
Light had a tendantcy to really go to town against arched ceilings making more light from less applied light.

drfrightner
09-20-2010, 11:33 PM
I know this is hard to believe but we set this whole haunted house up in TWO DAYS... the Lemp is done all the scenes are done! TWO DAYS! LOL

Now its on to lighting and sound and we'll be ready to rock n roll.

It looks pretty awesome right now, but come the Haunt show we will go ALL OUT to make it 10 times what it is now. When you guys come down we'll take you on down to the depths of the city.

Here are another pic...

I will take SEVERAL more pics today and upload them for you!

Keep checking the picture and this thread so we can catch up to Shanes views.
Larry

ScaryPAGirl
09-21-2010, 02:56 PM
Way to go, it looks great!

damon carson
09-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Wow thats Crazy! But its basically couldnt be better for a haunt its already laid out. Far as pathways and creepy envirement. But you all had to kick some butt even to get it all done that quickly. I love anything involving the Lemps and the story ect. Still hoping you incorporated some of that in it. If just in the radio ad.
Damon

HELLRAZZORS
09-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Looks great cant wait to see it..at transworld......

N2SPOOKINU
09-21-2010, 10:07 PM
Larry, the lemp was always one of my favorite haunts while growing up. So glad you brought it back and are doing it the justice it deserves. Its a great place and looking awesome!
Greg
Fearfest

graystone
09-21-2010, 10:12 PM
Looking great bro! Seems you finished just in time to pop down to Bama and help me finish! Shane and it's I will send the bus up for ya! Shane this time.

drfrightner
09-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Here are some more

drfrightner
09-21-2010, 10:37 PM
and more...

drfrightner
09-21-2010, 10:40 PM
yes even more...

drfrightner
09-21-2010, 10:44 PM
couple more

brad
09-21-2010, 10:49 PM
Looking good Larry. I love the older looking structure and stuff in these older buildings. Cant wait to see it in March.

drfrightner
09-21-2010, 10:49 PM
wanna see how cool this place is check this out...

IF YOUR 555
09-21-2010, 10:54 PM
Looking great Larry!

dr0zombie
09-21-2010, 11:09 PM
This place looks fantastic!!

coasterfreak63
09-22-2010, 08:11 AM
Looks amazing, I cant wait to see what it looks like with lighting?

Who is the composer of the song on Lemp's website, I cant find it anywhere!

damon carson
09-22-2010, 08:32 AM
This haunt is far better than what was in it in the past! Im not positive but I think Creative Visions helped put it on. Dont get me wrong I liked it back then but its nothing compaired to this. Great Job! I like the Lemp Crates. I hope there is more stuff like that. Definately cool.
Damon

drfrightner
09-22-2010, 12:10 PM
Creative Visions helped us get Darkness open and helped us get Lemp open... their entire crew has worked for us the last few weeks. Without their help we couldn't have got this far... we've had anywhere between 10 to 20 people a day working on this.

Kip Polly helped get Creepyworld open and is working full time at The Darkness. Its nice to have these guys in town!!! LOL

Larry

damon carson
09-22-2010, 02:18 PM
Thats great! Definately nice to have good friends in the business. Coming down the 2nd weekend of October Larry. Cant wait to see them all! Your haunts are all ways top notch!
Damon

ANUBIS B. C.
09-22-2010, 08:39 PM
That haunt is gonna be frickin sweeeeeet.cant wait to see more pics larry ,awesome work

elowther
09-22-2010, 09:49 PM
Awesome work! Glad it's all coming together.

Eric

drfrightner
09-23-2010, 12:35 AM
We will open this haunt at the show next year so everyone will get to see it... additionally instead of spending all winter working on Darkness we will spend almost all winter improving Lemp for YOU GUYS!

We will do something like Lemp and Darkness same night ... one with actors one without. Darkness would be without actors and Lemp would be with actors. We will do a lot of work to Darkness but not as much as the past two years... we are going ALL OUT on Darkness in 2012.

We passed our inspections today at Lemp so hopefully we will get it open this Friday night... stay tuned.

FYI... we are doing a reality show style video on the making of lemp. You'll see it soon very soon.

Larry

Boni
09-23-2010, 05:58 AM
In the off-season, take any wine or whiskey barrels you have and put 2 to 3 gallons of water in them, set them out in the sun, rotate them a quarter turn every week, and after a couple months you will have some nice wine or whiskey.

Trust me, its good drinkin. We had a deal with a local landscaping shop, they would by whiskey barrels to cut in half to make landscaping barrels out of them, but we would suck the whiskey out of the wood as described above first, then they would cut them in half.

It was some potent stuff and really good.

drfrightner
09-24-2010, 12:12 AM
We finished the haunted house today and installed the HANDFUL of animations we are actually using ... a big giant animated rat, a big giant animated gator (which is awsome btw) and a couple air cannons.

I will get some video of the place soon and more photos.

Larry