PDA

View Full Version : Holy Jeepers Larry!

xxxdirk
03-04-2007, 03:15 PM
Just watched the latest Haunt World DVD, and I must say, your haunt looks awesome. Your que line looks amazing, I mean, if my calculations are right, your decorations for it must be somewhere around $15,000. That is insane! Oh well, maybe someday...... :roll:

damon carson
03-04-2007, 03:40 PM
I didnt know those skulls on the Scarefactory panels would be that easy to pull out. I might pick me up a few next time I go to the Darkness. LOL! I can always use extra skulls. :wink:
Damon

xxxdirk
03-04-2007, 04:17 PM
Yeah, unfortunately anytime you have something nice, some ahole is going to do their best to wreck it. I suppose you can have security watching, but if you are havinga zillion people go through, it is ez to miss one person doing that.

drfrightner
03-04-2007, 10:57 PM
Actually hike that number up a bit... the giant from distortions cost around 8 to 10k alone. Then you have that illusion chair another 5k, then another animation used scares another 3k, then the skull panels are about $250.00 each, and in that room there are about 60 of them used. To top it all off there is the slayer animations from scarefactory and the frame that hold him up... another 10k or so.

Whoops almost forgot... We have a CGI animation in that room, which cost about $6000 to create and there is a $4500 projector.

We used about $2,000 in vines, and paid some painters to paint the room, plus we had to build the room.

All told we have about $50,000.00 easy in that que line alone.

I'm glad you like the Hauntworld DVD... I tried to just show off a lot of the haunted house rather than a bunch of talking like in past tapes.

You may have noticed we really didn't show off our haunted mansion section...It wasn't done. I'm going to make another HW DVD and will show off the mansion on the next tape.

Did you like the waterfall room????

Thanks for the feedback!

Larry

Jim Warfield
03-04-2007, 11:09 PM
Yes, I have "been There" too. I tied 100 plastic spiders to the low, white ceiling and a week later the customers had pulled almost all of them off, taken them home.
They were the most realistic spiders I had ever found. I must have spent $10.oo buying them!
$10.oo! TEN WHOLE DOLLARS! GONE!
GONE!!! Dam!
I'll never do that again!
TEN BUCKS!!??

xxxdirk
03-04-2007, 11:27 PM
$50,000, lol, that is more than my whole budget for this year. Well Maybe someday.

And yet Jim, no one ever tries to take any of the 10,000 prechewed gum wads that you have stuck to your wall at your house? I laugh every tiime I think of that. BTW< Jim, I am booked to perform in Clinton Iowa in the 1st part of July like the 6th-8th. According to my map, that is REALLY close by your place. I might just stop by again, either by myself, or maybe with my family, or if they don't come maybe I will bring one of my assistants !

Jim Warfield
03-04-2007, 11:32 PM
Clinton, Iowa is a quick 25 miles away from Mount Carrol, Illinois. Sometimes a gallon of gas can be 25cents cheaper just across that bridge.
"Free, complimentary gum! Take leave some, take some, unless you are Reverand John, he takes alot of it because he's too cheap to ever buy gum!
One night someone said they saw a piece of it stuck to the wall that had a tooth sticking out of it! Yum!

damon carson
03-05-2007, 03:11 PM
UGGGGHHH! Jim that story grossed me out! LOL! YUCK! Just remember when you find gum stuck to things ITS NOT FREE CANDY!
Damon

xxxdirk
03-05-2007, 03:14 PM
lol, not free candy, Didn't you see Elf?

damon carson
03-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Ya thats where I got that! LOL! Not exactly what was said on there but close! Man that some redneck real Billy Bob teeth stuff going on there!
Damon

Nightgore
03-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Maybe a very detailed, HW video on wall construction, maze design, scenery detail/techniques, and other technical aspects of building/designing a haunt! That would be amazing and, I believe, a HUGE seller!

Maybe a two disc... a "end all" dvd! -Tyler

drfrightner
03-06-2007, 09:32 PM
Trust me we are going to do another one...

Once I get The Darkness COMPLETED I will do another one.

Once I get my SiloX location up, a totally modular system, with trailer haunt and all we'll do a video on that as well.

Expect two more Hauntworld Videos coming soon!!!!

Larry

mindtumor
03-07-2007, 06:07 AM
Trust me we are going to do another one...

Once I get The Darkness COMPLETED I will do another one.

Once I get my SiloX location up, a totally modular system, with trailer haunt and all we'll do a video on that as well.

Expect two more Hauntworld Videos coming soon!!!!

Larry

Excellent! I am very much looking forward to them, I loved 17. I also loved the Create Your Own Haunted House Ultimate edition. I thought there was a ton of useful information in that.