PDA

View Full Version : 12ft Keeper of Souls!! by Cryptic Images

crypticimages
10-01-2010, 12:38 AM
Yes, size really DOES matter. Another custom creation by Cryptic Images. This Grim Reaper stands an impressive 12ft tall and was created for a customer here in Dallas, TX. Contact me if you are local and are interested in an exclusive creation of your own. Thanks for looking!! http://www.crypticimages.com

chuck weber
10-03-2010, 01:23 AM
it is resin ? How much does it weigh? how much is it ? GREAT PROP!!!!! please post answers if possible. thanks! great work!

crypticimages
10-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Chuck, thanks for the interest. Although I build these rather larger, they are considerably lightweight. This particular model came in at just about 101lbs. The entire structure is built upon a sturdy wood frame. Also, I used Burlap coated in the well known Moster Mud technique and covered the entire prop in a heavy duty polyurathane. I add several layers of the acrylic mud to give certain parts a super stone like durability. I suppose the part that takes the longest is getting all the folds to look just right, lol.. So yes, the structure is weather resistant and durable. I actually find that some dampness makes the prop fall into place better and give it a better looking quality, especially since I leave the freyed edges untouched so that there is some movement to the piece in the wind. These take me about approx 3 days to do and I charge $650. Thanks again!! If you have any other questions, please feel free to email me direct at pmartinez@crypticimages.com