PDA

View Full Version : Introduce Yourself...

Pages : [1] 2

drfrightner
03-08-2007, 02:58 PM
We've added and I'm NOT kidding something in the area of 50 new members of the past 10 days. I thought I'd start a new thread for ANYONE and I mean even the guys who have been posting for a decade or longer.

Please introduce yourself!

Larry

Nightgore
03-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Name: Tyler Barnett
Where: Lexington, KY.

I've been a member on HW.com for a LONG time... even before these fancy boards where here and it was just a LONG descending list of post and replies! LOL! Wow... long time!

I'm the V.P. of Ravens Run Productions, LLC.... building KY's BIGGEST haunt and making the world scream one person at a time!

If you have any questions or just wanna "talk haunt"... just PM me!

GO HAUNTWORLD!!! -Tyler

imax
03-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Name: Ian Austin
Where: Cedar Rapids, IA

I've been on HW for quite a while. I don't always see eye to eye with a few issues, but I'm never afraid to tell you what I think, just don't take it personally, it rarely is ;-) I post when I feel compelled, or if directly solicited to respond to a topic, but I read just about everything.

I'm one of the owners of Frightmare Forest ( http://www.frightmareforest.com/ ) a large outdoor haunt in Cedar Rapids, IA. We do very well for our market, and have contributed a lot to increasing the Halloween festivities in our part of the country.

You've probably also stumbled upon my Haunt Controller ( http://www.hauntcontroller.com/ ) website, which currently features my PC-based haunt control solutions, free ticket booth software, among other things. It's due for a major makeover, I'm just finishing up a new, non-pc based product first.

I also run Halloween Central ( http://halloween.sitenation.com/ ), but that's nearing the end of it's days, for updates at least. My other responsibilities take too much from me and I cannot find the time to update that site any longer. If I don't remove it completely, it will remain only as archives.

Like Tyler, if you wanna talk shop, let me know.

-- I

Jim Warfield
03-08-2007, 03:30 PM
Jim Warfield also known in another forum as something like "Gym Whourlfelyd" (Nobody would ever figure this out, would they?)
I believe in using my real name and let the cards fall where they may.
My haunted house is The Ravens Grin Inn, located in-behind downtown Mount Carroll, Illinois in the northwestern corner of Illinois just ten miles from the big old Missiippii River, 2 1/2 hours due west of Chicago on rt.64, also known as North Ave.
This is a haunted, haunted house but this factor probably scares away as much business as it draws.
This is open for tours almost every night of the year and many Sat. and Sun. afternoons, admission is $12.oo and most tours require 90 minutes of your life.
Some do complain at the end of the tour that their mouth or face or jaws hurt too much from smiling and laughing too much.
I don't use Hollywood movie monsters here or displays commonly found in other haunted attractions. I build my own, for the most part.
I have numerous "Scares" here for people and my ego prides itself upon accomplishing this using items commonly purchased for under $1.00..well, sometimes all the way up to $3.oo?
I operate under the thinking that you never get a second chance to make a first impression. Impressing the customer is a huge part of this entertainment business.
I have learned alot from having my house open for these last 20 years, mostly about "people'. You can never underestimate anyone's value or worth because word of mouth advertising is beyond priceless.
If your customers won't promote you because they enjoyed the experience...it all will be alot more difficult to maintain your place over the years.
If they can't forget it, were impressed by it, then they maybe can't stop talking about it, THEN your business will have turned a tremendous corner, the dominos begin to knock themselves over without you having to pay some advertiser to push them.

milkunits
03-08-2007, 04:04 PM
Name: Randy McLellan
Username: Milkunits - Old nickname given to me by my father and his haunted friends :)

Occupation: Computer Geek by Day (day job), Halloween Fanatic by Night

Why: I have a true passion for this awesome hobby/business that takes on multiple facets for me. I am a Horror memorabilia collector, prop maker, mask maker, home haunter, haunted house actor, done consulting for local small town haunts, and general over all fan of the industry with interest to pursue my own dreams of owning a haunt or becoming a partner in one. If it is not a haunted house, I have other talents I would like to explore from a business perspective. I just need to get started. I frequent www.thehma.net, www.theeffectslab.com, and here of course.

How: My father donated a bunch of time when I was a little kid to the local Jaycees Haunted House that was ran by my cousins. I still remember how cool it was to see my father dressed as Dracula rise from a coffin with me as his little prop :)
From there, my family decided it was a good idea to do a massive yard haunt to keep the trick or treaters in our area safe and close to home. It gave them a safe place to enjoy Halloween in an over the top manner. The yard haunt continued to grow and saw witness to numerous car accidents in front and to many people to count from all over the world. It was the must see event in our town. We greatly improved when we became friends of Ed Edmunds from Distortions Unlimited. A lot of great stuff has been said about Ed, and I have to say it is all true. A true person of passion and an inspiration to me. So, I guess now I am regretting not opening a haunt years ago as the opportunity was there numerous times. I now frequent this board and thehma.net to learn the latest info and enjoy the company of haunters. Both professional and home haunters alike, I love the interaction.

Where: Highlands Ranch, CO or the Denver Tech Center area. I am lucky to be very close to the Reinke Brother's haunted house and shop. Again, two outstanding guys that I buy numerous items for my display from and in general enjoy just going to their shop for childhood memories.

What: Having done the yard displays for over 20 years, I am really starting to want to follow some passions and start to apply my skills in a haunt or something related to the industry. I love to travel to haunt shows and also exchange ideas to professional haunters and home haunters.

Who: I do a lot of my own masks, props, and displays. I have enjoyed purchasing display items from all of the vendors that frequent these forums. As many professional haunters started out in their front yards, I am glad to see the industry recognizing this market and encouraging these relationships. Halloween to me is the best holiday of them all and is truly a time to have fun! I try to enjoy that fun year around.

I enjoy a good conversation and would present myself as having an eccentric personality with a tad bit of dry humor mixed in. Nothing usually offends me and I encourage self-expression and open-minded approaches. Having been a member for a long time, I decided this was the year the Milker would milk the big one and bring it on home. Look forward to talking to all of you.

mindtumor
03-09-2007, 06:18 AM
Name: Jared Layman

I have been a hauntworld member for awhile too. I have ran a hayride as part of a non-profit organization for a few years. This year my wife and I are working towards breaking away and running an indoor haunt.

psychomelon
03-09-2007, 09:32 AM
Well I would be one of the newbies here, so here goes.

Name: shawn watson
Haunt: Heartstoppers Haunted House

I like long walks on the beach and someone that can make me laugh. :wink:
I've been watching and reading these forums for the past 6 months and finally decided to start putting in my own two cents. I'm in l.a. california, and my brother and I have been doing "something" for halloween for the past 12 years. Everything from throwing feet at trick or treaters to owning our own 4500 sq ft. haunt, to possibly joining forces with Karl at Pirates of Emerson this year. So ill be around from time to time but you'll probably see more of my bro on here (he's clusterone) and I hope to share many great seasons together with you all!

03-09-2007, 09:41 AM
Name: Howard Erlich

I have been a member of Hauntworld for many years as well. I check in several times a day to keep up on the topics. I post when I feel I have something to add.

This is my 21st year in the industry. The first 13 were for a charity haunt, then I went pro. For the last 5 years I have owned Deadly Intentions which is one of the premiere haunts in Michigan. Also as of this year I picked up some haunt consulting work and am planning on expanding that area in the future. I have also owned a novelty store and an adult novelty store as well as a hearse rental company.

I love this business and would do it even if I never made a profit. Although the money is a nice benefit to doing what I love.

My company name is Slobber Entertainment, LLC. Slobber is also my nickname coming from a haunt character that I performed all these years.

My left arm is a tattoo horror sleeve consisting of 12 horror movie characters. (Pinhead, Chucky, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Wolfman, Dracula, Frankenstein, Michael Myers, Jason, Leatherface, Freddy, Exorcist and Phantom of the Opera.) My right arm so far has two of my characters. (Slobber and Mortis.) More to come on the right arm.

I love all Detroit sports teams but especially the Tigers and Red Wings.

Been married this October for 15 years.

That just about tells it all. I always love chatting with fellow haunters. If you ever have a question or need some advice just send me an email or give me a call.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
Deadly Intentions Haunted House
www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com

Steve Verdino
03-09-2007, 12:31 PM
Great idea for a topic Larry !!!!!

Name: Steve Verdino
Character: Show-Me! The Clown
Haunt: Dream Reapers - IL
Founder of www.HauntedConnection.com

Some know me, some don't, other don't care.
I've worked in the Haunt Industry for over 9 years now. I currently work for Dream Reapers Haunted House in Melrose Park, IL. My duties and responsibilities include:
Acting (line entertainment) - My true love
Actor Coordinator/ Trainer/ Manager
Webmaster/ Developer - I'm not Steve K, but I do my best.

My main focus is (and has always been) acting. I founded Haunted Connection to help promote actors and actresses throughout the entire haunt industry.

My view is:
Haunted House Designers and builders create the back-bone of the industry.
Haunted House Make-up artists create the horrible beauty of the industry.
Haunted House Actors brings the industry to Life!

steve
03-09-2007, 03:13 PM
Name: Steve Kristof
Character: Yarbles The Clown
Haunt: Realm of Terror - IL
Founder of The Realm of Terror Haunted House
Doomsday Productions

I have been running my own attraction for going on 5 years, and have been in the entertainment industry since Before I remember. I am a Graphic/Web Designer, as well as an Operator of The Realm of Terror Haunted House.

I love the industry, and would do nothing different if I had the chance to. If you are new to Hauntworld, welcome, you are embarking on a vast amount of knowledgeable people. For those of you who are new, you know me already... so why are you reading this? :D

Barry
03-09-2007, 03:20 PM
Barry Schieferstein

I have been in the industry for six years now. I am one of the four producers of the Midwest Haunters Convention. I also run Scary Ohio, a listing service for Ohio's haunts. During the season you can find me at Terror Park, a haunted baseball stadium, where I am an actor, designer, and anything else they need me for...

Darkblood
03-10-2007, 08:43 AM
Name: Kirk Boemmel

Well, I've been reading/posting since the boards were the old Fright Forum (neon green anyone?) and have volunteered for 10+ years in my local Lion's haunt until they quit doing it 2 years ago. Since then my business partner and I bought it and are currently hoping to start our own 'for profit' haunt this year if the location gets cleared out (problem we had last year!)...
I've been married for 3 1/2 years and we have a 10 month old baby girl!
I love this industry and wish I could spend 24/7 doing haunted things rather than having to go to work at my day job!
Anyone wants to chat PM me! I look forward to hearing from you!

Kirk :twisted:

damon carson
03-11-2007, 09:21 AM
Name: Damon Carson
Character: Frightmaster
Haunt: House of Fright
Founder of the House of Fright in
Mexico, Mo.

Well I've been a long time poster on these boards going on like 8yrs or more. Ya I remember when Larry had the little spinning skulls and spiders and stuff on the site and I thought they were sooooo cool. Well alot of things change and yes for the better. I still love this site to this very day, there are alot of good people and haunters on here. Most if not all will try and help anyone on here who is willing to learn. That is one of the things I enjoy doing the most on here. If I can help a person with an idea or a project ect I hope I made someones day. I know it made mine. I have also got a great load of help from asking questions from anything from info for vendors to what kinda things work or dont work with running a haunted attraction. I love haunting its been in my blood since I was 6yrs old and went to my first haunted house that the local Jaycee's did. I did my first haunt at 6 well more of an outdoor walkthrough trail but it was decent for a 6yr old. I there went into yard haunting and setting up displays in my front yard. Then helped with church haunted houses. Helped the Jaycees with an entire room. doing a graveyard and a graverobbers scene. And was told by many that came through it was the very best. That was at age 19. Helped a friend at the time do a garage haunt for about 7yrs. We drew hundereds of kids on Halloween. Went commercial with a outdoor haunt with the same friend for 2yrs. Mainly after seeing and going to the Darkness after many years and realizing the potential haunting could take us. Parted ways after 2yrs and opened my own haunt naming it the House of Fright. It easily stood above the rest in our area not only for scares but also in detail. This will be our 4th season for the House of Fright. And we keep trying harder everyday to make it something beyond our wildest dreams. Welcome to anyone new on the board. I am more than happy to help anyone with any questions or who might need a little help.
Happy Hauntings,
Damon

Ken Spriggs
03-13-2007, 07:42 AM
My name is Ken Spriggs....and I have been sober for 3 days now!!!
Been in the biz for ...ah...um...left shoe...right shoe ..18 years or so
Started making props and selling them to Morris
Then someone asked us to help with a haunt......
Now I am part owner of the worse haunted house in the world.....Dream Reapers....joking about the worse

Also run a product line called Sinister scents and Sinister fog
I have more to write but i don't have more time...sorry

HEY Larry you started this where is your info?????

Mr. Haunt
03-13-2007, 11:31 AM
Name: Brian Rogers
Home haunter looking to go pro.
Oakdale Minnesota

I have been a member on this forum for a few months. To all the other new people, you will learn so much from everyone on this site. Everyone is so friendly and are open to share there expierance and support.

Most importanlty they will all tell you to get Kelly Allens book " So You Want To Be a Haunt Entrepreneur". Don't think about getting the book, GET IT!!!! It teaches you all the important facts covering the aspects of starting your own haunt. THANKS AGAIN KELLY FOR WRITING YOUR BOOK!

Feel free to ask any questions, no matter what they are or no matter how many times someone else posted the same question, someone here will answer you.

Good luck to all new haunters!!! :twisted:

Mr. Malice
03-18-2007, 08:14 AM
Name-Chris
character-Mr. Malice/Uncle MILFie
haunt-Shawano Manor Green Bay Wi

A friend of mine wanted me to come out and meet some of his haunt house friends and like a fool I did. After stopping out a second time, I was approached by the manager of the haunt and told that I'll need to be there the next night by 6pm to get ready for the night. He shook my hand, smiled and walked away. That was the beginning of everything for me back in '94. After the Dimes house closed, the group I was with started Nightmare on Broadway. After five years there it closed due to bad location and bad neighborhood. (the neighbors were crackheads and the pyro living next to the place started her house on fire twice in two weeks!) After a two year break, I was offered to help out at a new haunt Shawano Manor. Been there ever since and still loving it.

If you want to see Uncle MILFie in action, check out the myspace link.

FutureHauntings83
03-20-2007, 02:09 PM
steve oakley,23 from poughkeepsie NY.
i work with kevin mccurdy's imaginart studios,as well as building for the haunted mansion right here in poughkeepsie. i've been working with them for almost 6 years,and have been scenic work for about 4. went out to chicago this year for the first time. i loved it,thought it was great to meet a lot of people in the business.

Kevin Dells
03-20-2007, 06:23 PM
Kevin Del ghingaro"Dells" as many know me.
Characters- Babyman,Fruitopia,Rage in the Cage, and Cousin Booger. Millions more to come! I love making characters.

Been with Randy Daniels and Rockford Screamfest for 5 years.
Managment for Svenpuss Haunt Acting Troupe 2006 and 2007

Had a home haunt for years until i meet Randy at a local Festival, went to work at his haunt immediatley and have never looked back.
Since i meet Randy, i have grown from a very sorry looking Yard haunt into the main builder and building manager for Screamfest,Make up artist and manager of make up department, Actors manager, and everything else associated with a haunt from marketing to acting to guidance counsler for many young people.

My wife and I have two daughters Kassie age 18 and Katie age 13, we are also Foster parents part time. Tons of freakin pets, snakes,dragons,spiders, dogs and cats,kids want a horse no more bedrooms left.
As a builder i haven't built my best
As an actor still haven't had my best night but i try everytime i dress.
As a make up artist im always learning.

I have been on the boards here off and on for a few years, and although i am still very much learning i will always put up my input as i always think wether right or wrong i like to hear myself think.
Lastly i have something very wrong with me! Not sure what it is, but stay ten states away and you should be just fine. Farm animals are never safe and should be hidden!

I love to fish and camp naked,see i told you i had something wrong with me.....

I can't catch fish!

Jim Warfield
03-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Just jump in the water Kevin you WILL catch those piranha!

redcrowdesign
03-23-2007, 02:20 PM
My name is Armando Mauriciovich Castro Rusinov, I am russian, but currently living in mexico, I am 25 years old and I am an artist.

I was a member or hauntworld some time ago, but I decided to quit temporarily for personal reasons. I came back to the forums about a day or so ago, and saw this thread, and I guess things changed a lot since the last time I was here, I also see some new faces, so I decided to stop by and drop a couple of lines.

If you want to know more about me, you can check my profile at myspace.com:

www.myspace.com/redcrowdesign

Mr. Chips
03-23-2007, 11:19 PM
Hobbies: Lacrosse, SCUBA diving, tomahawk throwing, skin diving, rock climbing, making haunted houses, running, lifting weights, tech deck, trivia pursuite.

Gore Galore
03-24-2007, 02:26 PM
Well,
I guess I will throw into this too.
My name is Kevin Alvey. Also commonly known as Mr. Gore.
I have been in the haunting biz in excess of 25 years.
I started out as the prop maker and then developed into operations, and assisting in running the show from beginning to end at a local haunt
www.newburghhauntedhouse.com.
9 years ago I started the Company Gore Galore.
It has become the commander of all my time and energies.
OUr primary product lines have become Oversize Creature Costumes, static zombies called "My Pet Zombies", and the "Sounds of Gore" CD series.
This has moved us into doing work for Haunted Attractions, Theme Parks, Television shows, film, collectors of gore, and props for bands.

Getcha Some Gore!

Nightmaretony
03-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Coming in as well.

Tony, 43 years old. Owner of Nightmare Park, the world's longest non running haunted house. (running joke, haunter taking THE longest to get things going!)
Presently owning Castle Dredd and presently picking up parts of the Haunted Vineyard to add to the show. Nightmare Park will be run on my farm in Southern California and feature multiple venues and a hayride.

Composer of the CD Dark Matter. Doing a movie soundtrack for a halloween movie called Horrorween.

neffuri27
03-27-2007, 11:42 AM
My name is Kimberly Lynn Cole and my partner in crime Leo Zemke and I Run SCREAM FARM here in the SCARY buckle on the bible belt in Jones,
Alabama. We have one son Dylan Cole Zemke who is also an actor. I started out as a horror actress and Scream Queen in such
films as Body Snatchers, Cremains, Search for the Beast (BIGFOOT TERROR) Horrortales .666, a cameo in Sea Creatures from Outerspace,
Mark of the Astro-Zombies, Dead Clowns and Psycho Santa I and II.
Its been a blast doing horror films and I worked for ten years at
the Montgomery Zoo in Alabama bringing to life the character I created
Mirricalla the Velvet, Vicious, Volumptious, Vampyress working hard
doing sets for them, being the mistress of the Cemetary Scene and
even doing their commercials but after reaching our goal of finally
having Elephants at the Montgomery Zoo I decided it was time to
move on to something else, I wanted to make money for Children's
Charities. So we moved to the country got a house and 7 acres and
SCREAM FARM was born. Halloween 2006 was our first official year
open to the public we had done private parties for three years and
after many setbacks we opened and turned a nice check over to
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, we are small but we have
a BIG HEART and we are going to grow.

Our back story is inbred, cannibel, murdering ex carnival owning
freaks that have escaped incarceration by hiding in an abandoned
mine in Jones, Alabama. :D :D :D

I just wanted to say Hello to everyone and say any advice is
gleefully accepted.
Thanks
Kimberly Lynn Cole Zemke and Leo Zemke and Dylan Cole Zemke

Jolly Pumpkin
03-30-2007, 02:27 PM
Name: Noah Wullkotte
In Haunt Business: 5 Years

Websites
The Halloween Database
http://www.halloweendatabase.com
City Blood-Ohio Haunt Reviews
http://www.ohioshaunted.com

My name is Noah Wullkotte and I have been in the haunt industry for 5 years now. I have always had a fascination for all that is scary and haunted since a young age. But I had to take that fascination a step further so I decided to create a website known as Cincinnati Haunt reviews. It would eventually become known as City Blood-Ohio Haunt Reviews (www.ohioshaunted.com). It includes reviews, news, info, pics, articles, haunt directory and much more on Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana haunts. It's the largest haunt review site on the internet today. Every year I visit and review 50 or more haunts and in a lifetime I have been to over 200. I've organized haunt media events, covered media events and hopefully one day I'll have my own convention centering around the Halloween and haunt industry. I've been quoted in HauntWorld Magazine's Top Haunts article and have been interviewed for the Middletown Journal here in Ohio.

Recently I have come out with a website called The Halloween Database (www.halloweendatabase.com). It's the internet's premier haunted directory that includes Halloween, horror, the paranormal, gothic industry, haunted attractions and so much more. So if you own a company that is related to Halloween or horror in anyway please feel free to add your listing today!!

Duke of Darkness
04-02-2007, 10:31 PM
Okay, I am finally getting around to doing this. A detailed explanation of how I got started in the haunt industry can be found elsewhere on these forums, so I will keep this to the basics.

I am an attorney who is trying to transition into full time dark entertainment -- which is my term for running haunted attractions, performing theatrical ghost hunts and seances, telling ghost stories, and most anything else that combines magic and things that go bump in the night.

I have been involved in the haunt industry for over 20 years now. While my greatest love is -- and always will be -- haunt acting, I have designed and built haunts, managed attractions for others, and run my own show. I have been involved in both charity and pro haunts.

I am a partner in the newly formed Lords of Chaos, LLC and we will be putting on our first haunt this year in the vicinity of Portland, Oregon.

My main haunt interest is using magical illusions in a haunt setting. My non-dark entertainment interest include backpacking, full contact fighting (MMA), writing ghost stories, keeping reptiles (who I really want to work into my shows), and coaching my son's wrestling team.

Always interested in talking haunts and brainstorming scary things.

Dave

mrs_boo
04-03-2007, 07:41 AM
Hello all!

I'm Lindsay Layman and I just joined Hauntworld recently and I look forward to getting on here as often as possible. I am getting very excited about the haunt industry as my husband (mindtumor/Jared) and I are trying to open up our own. 8)

Jim Warfield
04-03-2007, 07:53 AM
Welcome "Mrs. BOO!"
So you two hope to open something up and unlease that mind-tumor upon the unsuspecting world?
I did the same many years ago and have fun being open here for house tours almost everynight of the entire year.
So far the mind is still enjoying all of it, the body faulters alittle sometimes.

Tater
04-03-2007, 02:13 PM
Name: Scott "Tater" Lynd
Home: Ohio
What you do in haunts: Right now i work at a non profit haunted forest, and i am trying to talk my family into having a haunt of their own.
Charactors: J.A. the Clown, Capt Drunk, and Granny #2

Been in the haunted field since i can remember. My dad used to work at the one i am currently working at. He used to bring us out when we were lil kids and put us to work.The haunt has been open 16 years and the memorys still keep flooding in.

Infraredkelp
04-16-2007, 09:14 PM
Hello everyone! I am the same person as Mr. Chips, I just started another account. But in case you didnt know already, I'm 14 years old, I have been apart of this forum for about 2-3 years now. I'm here so that I can learn more about the buisness, and I'm obsessed with Halloween. Someday I will have my own haunt :)

Matt Marich
04-18-2007, 07:28 PM
Matt Marich, Owner- Edge Designs & Theme Decor, Inc.

:oops: Age- 48

Where-3,000 square foot shop in Phoenix Arizona

What-We offer Scenic, Make-up, Design, and Animatronics

Years in entertainment industry-28 professionally.

:shock: Motion Picture Experience -around 30 films including Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, SPFX, Body Snatchers, Make-up Effx. and "Podmaker, Tombstone, Art Department.

:evil: Haunt Experience- Haunting since 1978 with P.A.C. Foundation Haunt, as consultant in numerous charity and J.C. Haunts. Pro haunts include Lifeforms in 1988, Equinox in 1990, Design and animatronics for three different haunts in 1996, Choas! Trail in 2000, Outpost 32 in 2001, Alice Cooper's Nighmare's, Crypt of Fright Houston, Bedlam Manor Phoenix.

:roll: Currently- Filling orders for Haunters from the TW Show, Developing new products, Building a "Cold Fire" Breathing Dragon for a Customer. Realistic silicone body effect for a customer.

:wink: Future- Re-mounting Bedlam Manor our 10,000 Sq. Ft. Victorian Haunt. Developing Haunt Concepts for the Reatil Industry. Several products to be released in 2008/2009.

:twisted: Loves- Anything Horror, good, Bad or Shlocky. I love to see what the other vendors come up with each year at TW, more than my own line! I love visiting other haunts, to see other peoples wonderful ideas, it's inspirational.

:lol: Goals-To assist Haunters and up an coming home haunters become Pros the right way. Build the industry through sharing and mentoring.
Listen to the needs of the industry to develop new products.

:P Favorite Haunt-Verdun Manor, medium budget but you can feel the love in that location and the team spirit Lance had. Sorry I never got to meet him.

neffuri27
04-18-2007, 08:35 PM
You from Body Snatchers, I still have the pod you gave me.

You are a wonderful person.

Its great to see you are still in the haunted industry and special effects

Friendly Huggs

Kimberly Lynn Cole
:D

travis.magee
04-24-2007, 10:03 AM
Hello everyone. Its been awhile since I posted on the forums so let me refresh and re-introduce myself.

My name is Travis Magee from Dallas, Texas. 31 years old and a long time haunted house enthusiasts. My goal is to one day start my own haunt, but in the meantime I volunteer alot of my time to my friends haunt called the 13th Street Morgue in Red Oak, TX.

I am an artist. Ive been drawing since the day I was born. (im pretty sure of it, haha). I went to the Art Institute of Dallas, worked for a couple of design studios and ad agencies, now im pretty much a freelance graphic designer and entrepreneur. I prefer to do my own thing so I can go after the markets that I like. Im not a person who just learned how to use Photoshop who thinks they can create designs for people and expect to get paid for it. First and foremost, I am an artist who just simply uses computer programs as tools. From Graphic Design to digital and traditional Illustration.

One day I would love to just focus on the Haunt Industry, but until I get enough steady clients I continue to work alot with the music, entertainment, and fashion industries to pay the bills.

Im just a haunt junky who cant get enough of it. Im thankful for Hauntworld.com so I can get my fix all year `round.

=)

Jack_Skellington
05-03-2007, 01:35 PM
My name is Dennis Moyer
I am one of the Co owners of Zombie Heads LLC.

Going to be building a New Haunt in Oklahoma. So Stay Tones cause it will be a good one I hope. :)

Thanks
Dennis Moyer

Veneficus
05-09-2007, 09:35 PM
Eric here, I'm a scare actor from Atlanta. I am very good at clowning and playing homicidal maniacs. I have been voted as one of the best scare actors in the house I work at. Hope to get to know everyone!

Master Viperous
05-19-2007, 08:15 PM
HELLo, newbie here. My name is Tom Powell and I am the webmaster and creator of www.66WaysToDie.com . I invite you all to take the haunted tour packed with terrifying visuals and chilling sounds. It takes about two hours to make it to the end and of course there are 66 ways to die trying to complete the journey.

I have so many horrific sights to show you such as the Cathedral of Ghosts, The Dark Woods of the Hell Dogs, Carney Vore's Carnival, The Prehistoric Jungle of the Zombie Beast, Dead Pirate's Pier, The Bed Chamber of Blood, Dorian's Dungeon, The Witches Infested Brewery, and many more creepy depots to make you lose sleep at night. The site also contains a gallery of my dark art, send a horror ecard, and other horror venues.

Also, if you get stuck in a certain chapter, drop me a post here and I will give you a hint.

If you own a horror website, feel free to contact me, and I will be glad to post your banner and link on my site.

http://www.surrealaward.com/castle/tfphauntedcastlebanner6.jpg

Dead End Haunted House
05-20-2007, 03:19 PM
Name: Mason Healy
Character: psycho
Haunted House: Dead End

Well I think that I am the youngest haunted house owner ever! jk I am starting new this year and would love advice, tips, sites to go to, or just anything else! I have put the whole haunted house together by myself and am so excited for the 2007 season!

Jim Warfield
05-20-2007, 06:24 PM
Steve Kristoff might have also been a mere 14 when he started?
"Dead End Haunted House"? Good name.
The Ravens Grin is a dead end haunted house if you keep on driving passed my front door on Carroll St. you will be going heaf-first over a small cliff. My westerly neighbor is the city graveyard, up there on the next hill, 6,400 graves.

Dead End Haunted House
05-20-2007, 06:56 PM
Lol Thanks!

harperISbizarre
06-07-2007, 01:04 PM
My name's Bob Harper and I'm a veteran writer, producer and performer of all things audio for over 25 years. I began doing custom sound and broadcast work for the haunted attraction industry in 1993 and continue to do so, around the country, for some really great folks in the business. Some of their haunts are simply amazing.

Although the majority of my normal broadcast and custom sound work is retail and corporate etc., "Haunters" are indeed my favorite clients! Unlike sterotypical business folks, you're all fun to work with, imaginative and willing to take risks. I admire anyone who puts his or her butt on the line in the entertainment business and truly appreciate all the work and energy it takes to do so professionally!

I do work for all size haunted attractions and amusement parks and for those with tight budgets, I do have a few generic trax and CDs available at horrorsound.com that are truly network quality for a fraction of custom work.
You can audition various tracks as well and some of the methods to my madness.

I wish ya'll a great '07 season...

MindWerxKMG
06-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Are you the voice over artist that sounds like the narrator on the old Seven Up and Levi's commercials?

scaryguy666
06-07-2007, 04:16 PM
hey larry the site looks good

undertaker
06-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Well my name is Brian, i'm 18 and reside in Detroit, Michigan which people like to consider the Haunt capital of the "Haunted Attraction Capital of the World" due to the number and quality of Haunted events in the metro area.

I'm a Haunted Attraction Enthusiast and have worked in a couple myself. My dream is to one day own a haunted attraction myself but we'll see how that goes since it's a lot easier said than done.

You'll see me roaming around here typically around the Halloween season or whenever i get that Haunted Attraction "itch" which is why i'm roaming currently.

Pumpkinman138
06-26-2007, 07:56 AM
Name:Jordan Sousa
Town:Currently in Raleigh,NC moving back to New England tho.
Website:www.geocities.com/jordans_haunt (http://geocities.com/jordans_haunt/)

I started doing my home haunt when i was 9 back then it was just cardboard gravestones. Now i have fog macines, a casket and other great stuff.

hamilton
07-29-2007, 10:48 PM
I'm Nathan, owner of Turbidite Manor. I have an extensive background in professional entertainment, spanning from performance to directing, tech to producing... mostly in live presentation. I'll be posting a full online portfolio site sometime soon if anybody is really interested. Having such diversity in my past helps bridge the gap between the different disciplines production requires, as I usually can speak everyone's language (designers, technicians, performers, etc) and keep things in perspective.

I strive to do more than scare people... I try to immerse guests in what I like to call the Living Storybook, communicating what some may consider a morality play (without being too preachy) through the use of the haunt medium.

That too deep? OK, I do like to scare people too. ;o) But I plan the scares very carefully, with plenty of setup. Most of the attraction is scenic and illusion based, and it seems to be working pretty well so far... if folks want chainsaws and beheadings, this ain't the place. I think of Turbidite Manor more as theatre than anything else, and run it accordingly.

Though the story is solid, it's all still developing for the audience, even 20 years into the process. Hey, if I had all the resources one could ever want, I'd do it all now... but for the time being I give the crowd what I can. Some love it, some don't get it... but hey, I don't try to please everyone - it's just like that when you present something few are trying.

Glad to be part of the forum now and hope to gain some new wisdom. Cheers!

Gorn
08-01-2007, 09:47 AM
Hello,

My fiance and I recently purchased a Skull making business called Cryptic Imports. We are fairly new to this industry but we have always loved halloween and haunted houses.

We found out about this website from gadget at Evilusions when we met him at the Midwestern Haunters Convention. We had a great time and met alot of awesome people.

If anyone needs skulls for their Haunted house or home haunt please visit our new website www.crypticimports.com and let us know how we can help. We offer quality skulls at very affordable prices. Check out our various skulls from the Classic, exhumed, mummy, clown, reaper, pirate and more.

Thank you,

Mark (Gorn) Podgorny
Terri Swan

Mephisto the Great
08-10-2007, 09:46 AM
Howdy!

My name's Erik and I've been professionally haunting since 1998. I was a devoted follower of this site for many years (back in the days when Larry would call you personally when there was an interesting issue debated on the Forum).

I started with a Home Haunt in 1994 which did bang-up business so we went pro with an indoor haunt called the "House of Fear" in a 110-year old mansion in Utah. Work moved my wife and I to the Pacific Northwest and I started up an outdoor haunt, "Dark Hollow" in 1992, but then the owner of the forest got religion and ended the relationship due to his opposition to Halloween. BOO! Thankfully, I ended up getting hired by a Rotary group to help produce "Nightmare at Beaver Lake". My biggest contribution was convincing them to expand beyond their indoor haunt and putting my haunted forest skills to use...and the result led to fantastic business.

Now I'm taking a year off then hope to develop another haunt in 2008. I am a big fan of the "Disneyland" approach of a themed event: family friendly (though scary), atmosphere from the start of the queue-line to end, no rock music or gore, and a storyline that is extended over multiple seasons. We also produce a yearly queue-line DVD that patrons watch while waiting, and last year we filmed a Blair Witch-type "origin of the haunt" film aboard the "Lady Washington" (tall ship used in the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie). That was a blast to shoot a film right where Captain Jack Sparrow once stood.

Anyway, haunting's a hoot and in my blood. I look forward to renewing my ties on this forum and gleaning ideas for my next adventure!

Medusa53
08-10-2007, 06:40 PM
I own a haunted trail here in Mississippi called "Medusas Dark Dwellings".We have been doing this trail for about 10 years now.We do not use a hayride;it's just a walk through the dark woods where creatures of the night wait to eat....that is... GREET you!Very dimly lit,NO guides...NO flashlights...NO hope.This year,I plan to sing a few Halloween karaoke songs to entertain the waiting line.I also plan to do Halloween trivia questions for small prizes and challange one person every half hour to come up on stage and sing karaoke for a free pass.We are also going to offer a couple of Halloween carnival games like The Bloody Duck Pond and Toss a Ring Around the Blood Bottle,that folks can play as they wait at the entrance.Line entertainment...thats my quest this year.

No Ones God
08-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Well, I'm completely new to this forum, so greetings and salutations to all.

Name: Chris Chase
Character(s): Oz the Clown, Gourd the Pumpkinhead (and misc... I like to mix it up.)
Years pro: 15 (with a few years off in the middle)
Haunt: Currently looking

I'm a Wisconsin boy who's always been into Halloween but; unfortunately, I've been out of the scene for a while (spent too much time in Australia where they look at Halloween like it's a kids thing.) and the haunt I was employed at last year, even after getting great reviews, is not going to be around this year. So if anyone can suggest a good haunt to hit up for work, especially in the Madison or southern Wisconsin area, I'm all ears.

I'm a professional graphic artist/webmaster for the bulk of the year. I've been known to do ad work, photography, prop design, and websites for the industry.
During haunts, like most people, I do a little bit of everything... but I concentrate on props, make-up and prosthetics, and then acting when I'm not doing the rest.

I also helped run a hearse club a few years back (now I'm just a non-active member) and am in the process of building my dream hot-rod... a '72 Cadillac Superior.

I'm hoping to glean as much business info as I can and open my own haunt in 2009. (Or, hey, lets be optimistic and say next year!)

Question for the Admin: Why are there no Halloween based smileys? (No pumpkin, no skull, etc.)

robertcbradley
08-28-2007, 08:15 AM
Hi Everyone.

My name is Robert Bradley.
Have spent considerable time on the site and decided it was silly not to join to be able to contribute.
Live in Maryland with my wife and dog.
Big fan of the Haunted Attraction industry.

Work as a specialty risk advisor (fancy for commercial insurance broker that focuses on unique industries)

Insurance can be pretty boring to say the least...so I worked over the years to create and implement unique programs for industries I admired and took a great deal of personal interest in. Just hopeful I may be able to offer any guidance or assistance in a such a great field. Currently, I am working to create a program specifically for the Haunted House / Haunted Attraction industry. Reduced premiums, better coverage, less stringent, etc. I'll share that with you as it progresses - if an interest from Haunt Owners, in such a program, exists.

Anyway. not here to "sell insurance." Really looking forward to being involved in such a unique industry with what appears to be an incredible group of people.

Also hope to begin traveling to some of the well known Haunts across the country.

Thanks!

Rob

Lord Barnabus
08-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Character Name: Lord Barnabus

I've been a member of HauntWorld for some time now. I have not been here for close to a year as I have not had internet service, and been to busy with a nightclub which I was a partner in. I am now back here, as I got married on August 7th of this past month, got a new house about a week before the wedding, and finally have internet hooked up again. I ran our local YMCA haunt for the last three years that they had the event, took a year off from haunting, then opened The Terror House with a partner. The Terror House ran for four years, and did not open last season as we opened a new nightclub. The club closed a few weeks ago cause we did not have enough customers to keep the place funded. This past week I purchased all the Halloween stuff from my business partner. I won't have a haunt open this season, but am trying to put together a small maze to put at an annual childrens Trick-Or-Treat event that attracts a few thousand youth.

Some of you probably remember me, and others will get to know me.

Happy Haunting!!!

Empressnightshade
08-28-2007, 06:26 PM
Some of you probably remember me, and others will get to know me.

Happy Haunting!!!
Welcome back, Lord B! Miss ya, Honey!

Lord Barnabus
08-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Thanks Empress, it's good to be back....Finally!!

WelchWitch
08-31-2007, 08:32 AM
I will fly in as well,

I am a 500 year old mischievous but fun loving witch. By day my name is Kim but at night I fly high above you. I joined here last season after numeorus years of being just a haunt goer to becoming a Haunt Operator for Scream Park in Brighton, CO for Little Spider( who is also a member here), who inturn showed me this forum. This year, I look forward to playing more behind the scenes the running the scenes with a local haunt. Havent decided which one yet. I have been a member of other forums, but this year, look forward to coming here more and learning more about the industry with out the drama and politics. I am from Alabama, where I grew up on Jaycees haunts, to coming to Colorado and bringing what I learned there and scaring people here redneck style! I am excited about another season starting and look forward to talking with you all more throughout.

Gambit
09-16-2007, 03:06 PM
Name: Chris McSweeney
Character: Dr. Chatter
Haunt: Fomerly Death Valley Haunted Aslymn-- 15 Minutes South of Nashville

I am not new to haunting a house, I am new to becoming an entrepenure within the haunting community. The owner of the haunted house that I worked died last year and so did his beloved haunted house.
I have never thought about getting serious into a commercial haunted house, until my wife looked at me and said "if you love Halloween so much, why don't you do something related for a living?"
SO I began searching the net for clues on what to do. I finally found myself staring at the computer screen at Jim Warfields post. I have seen him on other sites and he has done wonders to his Year Round Haunted House. ( Great work Jim ) This is the first site that has actually been beneficial to helping me on my quest to create a haunted attraction. I thank all of those who have responed to my crys for help ( especially Nightgore, thanks for the hyper link to the book, it is already got my mind clicking.) and offered valuable knowledge. I am welcome to anyones insight. Again you all have been extremely helpful and thank you.

TrueDungeon
09-19-2007, 02:13 PM
*** Sorry, I thought I posted long ago... ***

My name is Jeff Martin, and I DO NOT operate a haunt attraction. Nope. Instead I coordinate a very large live-action gaming event called True Dungeon. TD is a two-hour experience built in a 20,000 s.f. hotel ballroom that allows players to step inside a life-like Dungeons and Dragons experience. We are even sponsored by the owners of the D&D game (Hasbro), and we are the premier event at the world's largest gaming convention -- Gen Con Indy. We run 3,000 people through our sold-out event over a 3 day period in August.

We have also done some events for Upper Deck Entertainment, and we are talking with other well-known companies to bring their IP to life.

I get some GREAT ideas from this forum, and I find the people who frequent is very helpful and nice. Some day I may do my own haunted attraction, but since my huge event is in August, it is really bad timing.

My day job is President of Dwaven Forge, LLC which is a really cool gaming miniatures company that makes the world's finest 3D miniature gaming terrain.

I love my TWO jobs -- and I think I am the luckiest gamer on Earth!

www.truedungeon.com

www.dwarvenforge.com

txaschainsaw
10-09-2007, 05:25 PM
Name: Austin White
character: Jeepers Creepers
Haunt: Alta Loma Haunted Mannor and Alta Loma Slaugherhouse

Hello my name is Austin, i am 16 years old, i live in Alta Loma, California, i work at the Alta Loma Haunted Mannor on the 26th, 27th, 28th, and 31st. and the Alta Loma Slaughterhouse on October 19th and 20th I have a Beautiful girlfriend Paris....i love you hun.

I play hockey, i go to high school, and pretty much live a normal life.

Jim Warfield
10-09-2007, 06:35 PM
After my ex-wife saw "Jeepers Creepers" in the theater she said she was really scared and remarked that Mr. Jeepers" reminded her of me!?
Do I have big wings that pop out of my back?
"But Jim, she was married to you for seven years, she should know if anyone does!"

Do you have those wings popping from Your back?
Just curious.

nabbm34
10-10-2007, 09:42 AM
Hello my name is Mike (user name nabbm34) I just joined the site but have been watching it for a while. Me and my wife own a tree business in Knoxville Tn. that her dad established in 1971. We took over in 2006. Even though we do not own a haunt yet we will. We are in the planning stages now. We do travel all over the states to review haunted houses and get ideas. We have been doing this for 5 years now. My wifes birthday is Halloween so it is a special day all around. We do not just want to jump right into starting one without proper planning! We want to make it fun and scary. There is not a well established Haunt around this area. I really enjoy this site and if anyone has helpful suggestions it will be appreciatiated.

ripstershalloweenprops
10-10-2007, 04:07 PM
Hi,

I'm looking at starting a Haunt and wanted to find out from more experienced persons if the Inflatable Haunted Houses are a good investment for myself who is a first time Haunter for profit. The inflatable I'm looking at is the $8995.00 one located on www.hauntedprops.com.

I look forward to anyone's feedback.

Thanks

ronmisty1
10-10-2007, 11:08 PM
Name: Ron Case

i have been doing a yard haunt for the last 10 years. ilive near an elementary school and a middle school. i have a 3 yr old princess who is my tester to seeif something is too scary. (like my $300 animated GEMMY witch that she named "Alice" last year is too scary this year!) i perfer spooky instead of gory. gory is too easy. i imagine it will be added as she gets older. her b day is 10-21 so she wil have some awesome parties over fall break. Misty is my other half, at first she was opposed to decorating for halloween but now she comes up with ideas.

i grew up in so. cal... 15 min from Disneyland... i am in love with the haunted mansion and pirates of the carriben rides... being in so. cal i also fell in love with Knott's Scary (Berry) Farm i think that is where i got bitten by the haunt bug.

my projectsthis year include:
a haunted mirror- mirror tinted plexi glass in old frame w/ tv playing big scream tv DVD
outdoor flying axworthy type ghost on a track
graveyard
coffin
crystal ball w/ color changing led
pumpkin lights- malibu yard lights w/ 97cent plastic pumpkins on them
lighting as describe on skullandbone.com

Smiley
10-11-2007, 02:22 AM
Name: Smiley
Past & Current Characters: Insane Patient, Crazed Surgeon, Anonymous Doctor, "George", Dr. Pain, Evil Clown
Haunt: Dr. Pain's Haunted Asylum in Salem VA.

Ever since I was wee kid living in California, I always loved Halloween. Maybe it was the 30 sum Goosebumps books I grew up with (and still have) or all the horror movies I watched, but I couldn't get enough of the Halloween season. As a kid, I wanted to make the house more and more "haunted" for my fellow trick or treaters. At some point I wanted to make my house into a home haunt. However my parents refused to let me go with it, the jerks. Fastforward to 2005 (man, was it not that long ago?). It was the same year Dr. Pain's Haunted Asylum found a temporary home in a lumber mill that I first volunteered.

In my first year, I was one of the insane patients; who loved power tools. In the second year, over the summer, I was the Anonymous Doctor who followed behind groups to keep em' in line. In October of the same year, I started out as a patient known as"George": Loves to hide in the walls and damage the Asylum's support beams. Then I was drafted as the Crazed Surgeon. He loves power tools. And somewhere along the way I was unoffically in the shoes of Dr. Pain.

These days, I'm an evil clown in now what is called....Dr. Pain's Twisted Carnival.

househaunter1206
10-11-2007, 11:36 AM
hey guys check it out these are some of the coolest and freakiest places in the states and it's all on Route 666 on FEARnet check it out

http://www.fearnet.com/homehaunts/

eric
10-12-2007, 02:04 PM
hi all my name is eric,this my very first post .i work at nightshade manor,i work in the cematary .this site rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheLaundress
10-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Name: Aidan, AKA The Laundress
Haunt: Baxter Avenue Morgue in Louisville, Ky

Just thought I would officially introduce myself here. I'm the first person to ever haunt the room I'm in at my haunt, and so far, so good!

MeaghanMonster
10-15-2007, 01:15 AM
Hey I'm new

I'll be helping out with special fx makeup at spookyhouse in Northridge, ca. Come check it out, they've got a huge new building and its looking great. I'm interested in working at other haunts this year or building/decorating/revamping for next year so let me know if you've got one and could use some help.

thanks

www.spookyhouse.com

Check out my deviant art site for my sfx and costuming work

http://meaghan-monster.deviantart.com/

MeaghanMonster
10-15-2007, 02:00 AM
Hi,

I'm looking at starting a Haunt and wanted to find out from more experienced persons if the Inflatable Haunted Houses are a good investment for myself who is a first time Haunter for profit. The inflatable I'm looking at is the $8995.00 one located on www.hauntedprops.com.

I look forward to anyone's feedback.

Thanks

honestly, from the small amount I know from people who have done this for nearly a decade, and from what I've seen, trailers are a better bet. They are more customizable, unique and changeable as you will want to revamp from time to time.
The inflatable ones are better as a side attraction to your main haunt.

good luck btw!

Ghost River Duck
10-15-2007, 06:38 AM
Name Colt Farrington
Age31
HomeCarolinas

Hey y'all. I've posted on here a few times as Reverend Colt but in the last couple years I've started taking my walk with Christ Jesus much more seriously. "Reverend" was a nickname title I was given from a character I played very well a few years ago. Now days I think it's a little disrespectful to assume that title and chose to start a new one on here.

Anyway, I'm 31, married to the greatest lady I've ever met and we're blessed to have 2 young children that are just AWSOME. I've worked seasonaly in this business for 14 years, mainly as a true actor but have also done a tremendous amount of writing, construction, and design. I've primarily worked with a good friend's haunted hayride but we disagreed on our vision for it. Plus I felt a little undervalued $$ for the time and energy I was putting in so when my daughter was born in 2004 I walked away.

Since then I've done a little acting and consulting each season at The Haunted Pyramids www.hauntedpyramids.com in Lawndale, NC. If I can get all the ducks to line up I'll be opening my own first haunted attraction next season. We'll see if the partners and investors come on though. In the mean time, I'm just here to contribute what I've learned from experience and to be a sponge for your input.

hippieman556
10-21-2007, 04:45 PM
i am new here i am from the philadelphia pa area please help me out with ideas for a home haunt to benfit the muscular dystrophy accosition

Lady Riggy
10-25-2007, 10:14 PM
Hello I'm Lady Riggy or Riggy the Riveter.....either one is fine. Depending on what act I'm doing I go by both. I've worked for House of Frankenstein, Dr. Morbid's Haunted House, World of Wonders Sideshow and now I'm at Double M Haunted Hayrides with my husband/partner with our own sideshow called Forbidden Oddities.
We are a 10 in one sideshow with all the basics-bed of nails, fire eating/breathing, glass walking, a little bit of contortion and I even swallow swords. Our season at Double M ends in a few days soon and we don't know yet if we'll be able to make it down to Florida in February to work with WOW again so we're currently booking shows

homiehaunt
11-07-2007, 05:13 AM
Hello i am new to these forums and i am so glad to talk to people about this haunting hobby..here is a little bit about myself:

name: Troy

if you want my email here it is:

violinistwoes@hotmail.com

talk to me sometime!

Hauntworld must be the best!

Jack Reaper
11-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Not a new member, but have not posted in awhile

maddi005
11-12-2007, 08:21 PM
hey everyone..most of you already know me, so this is a formality...i am madison poole, one of the partners of screamline studios...i have been known to give seminars pertaining to haunted attraction acting and costuming among other things...i am also a well known well traveled actress...over the past 3 years i have been lucky enough to act at some of the best haunts in the industry, and have gotten to know a ton really awesome people in the process...and i really cant wait till next year...remember, halloween is never more than 365 days away!!!

maddi ~:)

Tater
11-12-2007, 11:33 PM
I guess i should do this also...Although it has some sort of creepy AA vibe. Hi, I'm Tater...If you don't know me then you prob don't know that I'm an asshole. If im an ass to you its because i like you...kinda like me showing you respect. Im an actor that has recently gotten the chance to travel around and will be doing so more often next year. My main character is a grandma, who is old, bitter and cranky. Ive been acting in a haunted house one way or another for about 16 years so basically since i was 10. If i havent got the chance to meet you then i look forward to doing so at conventions or other haunted Gatherings. If you see a guy with a name tag that says Tater please introduce yourself. And if you see an old lady wearing a blue dress...then stay away unless you want to be told what she thinks of you.

dr. loomis
11-14-2007, 03:05 PM
Name: Josh

Hey, I am a musician/ filmmaker and mostly entrepreneur. I am OBSESSED with halloween and the art of horror in its entirety. Owning my own haunt has always been a dream of mine, so i've been doing my homework and getting an early start for next fall. I've learned quite a bit already from reading previous posts and whatnot on here, but like any business you can never know too much, so if anyone has any advice at all- I'd more than appreciate it! Thanks a lot and I look forward to it.

TheCareTaker
11-14-2007, 07:05 PM
Names John live in Riverside Ca did cheesseeee garage haunts when i was boy in covina untill when i was 12 the march of dimes did a pro haunt in the old school across the street from my house i was all over it and helped every day and dont tell momy even ditched alot untill it was done i got to design with two other friends a room called the grave yard which was indoors and (one of the class rooms) and was asked to be dracula on the stage with a flyer suite on wher i would fly out over the patrons. man what were they thinking about times have changed!
i have always wanted a pro haunt and have always been around the big H. if i did not work for the big brother i would be a gothic dressed freak but i seem to keep my sanity and with three kids have to set a good example so they tell me.
i hope to have a pro haunt in a year or so but am not in a hurry i do not want to open up just to close up a year or two later. i am a member of a great group called CalhauntS in So Cal and currently am a new member cordinator moderator.

love it a great bunch of creeps.

most know me by John and my sreen name is The Care Taker.

i have been a member of this group before but changed my email and could not remeber the pass word so i let it be for a while and now am back.

one thing i love about this communnity is the willingess to help and give good info to aasist you. i cant wait to go pro and scare people you have got to love entertainment'.

RiseFromTheGrave
11-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Hello everyone my name is Austin and I live in Texas Halloween is my favorite holiday and I would like to start my own Haunted House and prop business in the near future and I am here to learn and meet like minded fans of all things Haunt related:-D

Nabeel
12-17-2007, 03:00 AM
Hi, This post of mine is very beneficial and informative, however there are some specific facts or information that I require. If anyone can help me in this matter then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

DEADWAYNE
12-30-2007, 11:00 AM
Name DeWayne
Haunt Fearfest Omaha
Loves Halloween and Haunted Houses and Hearses

New to the Forum I have a 1966 Hearse limo I use to take customers
to and from haunted houses in Omaha.Ne. Love to read haunted house and
Hearse Club Forums.:-D

Jim Warfield
12-30-2007, 11:57 AM
Dewayne, Since Halloween is seasonal and you drive a hearse...I guess it is always "Dead-time" for you.

scaryguy666
01-10-2008, 12:24 PM
how are u doing gym worfeild

terrorAt2596
01-11-2008, 04:28 AM
Hey Larry! Tristan here...Thought I would post more on the site since u said I havent in awhile =] Everyone check out myspace.com/terror2596 or angelfire.com/tn/tristanshaunt to check out my personal Home Haunt!! Thanks

Tristan
-Terror At 2596-

jasonswoods14
01-12-2008, 03:46 PM
.....I'm new...and I'm not exactly sure how to move around on this site

shawnc
01-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Jason,

It's pretty easy to figure out. On the home page, you can click on a variety of areas listed there, and there will be related threads in each of them. At the top of the page, there is a Search button that you can click on to look for a specific subject: pneumatic, skeleton, etc. The New button will show all posts since you were last logged in. The Members button will show you all the registerered members, with links to their websites and a link to all posts they have made, which comes in handy if there is particular area that you have found a specific member to be helpful in.

There are some other features that you may or may not find useful. While a majority (or just many?) of the members here either put on professional haunts or manufacture or sell products, I have found them all to be immensely helpful and very willing to share.

Shawn

tustinhaunt
01-18-2008, 02:20 AM
Alias: Brittany Woods (my yahoo account name which I got from the street the haunt is located on)
Haunt Name: Tustin Haunt

Guess I should have introduced myself a while ago. I am not a very well-known person in the haunt industry - at least I don't think so. I have been haunting around southern california since 1995. I graduated with a degree in theatrical design and have been putting it to good use.

I have been doing free community haunts since I started, but am considering charging admission in 2008.

I am a member of the California Haunting Society (CalHauntS)

Don't know what else to say, so I'll stop there.

Jast223
01-19-2008, 09:55 AM
NAME: Jason Stamper

Day Job. EMT for local Private Ambulance
Night Job: Uss Nightmare in Newport KY.
Roll: Security, Maintenance,First Aid
Time on HW: 2 yrs
Time in the Industry:5 yrs and still ticking

scareshack
01-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Hello, I signed up a while back, but dont believe I introduced my-self.
I go by scareshack, real name is John, sometimes Johnny, been called other names too(not to be mentioned).
Anyways, I am a huge Haunt fan. I see a lot of familiar faces here from other forums.
Im more your homehaunter type of guy.
Anyways, Hello to all!

Jack Reaper
01-29-2008, 08:58 PM
Hey Scareshack!!
Welcome to Hauntworld!!!

scaryguy666
02-01-2008, 10:34 AM
hows it going my name is danny maple from mexico mo welcome to hauntworld im 20 years old and am a actor in a local haunted house hoping to have a haunted house sometime in the near future

ScaryJerry
02-02-2008, 10:33 AM
Hi everyone,
Jerry Jewell here. I founded a non-profit teen educational corporation years ago to teach teens teamwork and leadership through challenging theatrical arts projects. I was also building a home haunt for a while that had 1,000 visitors a night. Eventually it became obvious that haunts provided all the challenges and skills the kids needed and we focused the teen programs 100% on Halloween.

We moved the haunt to the train yards inside Hagan Park in Rancho Cordova where we get free land, train rides and insurance. And the fire inspectors leave us alone! We're now a huge community event and have won the "Best Haunted House" award from HauntX twice. Our haunt is aided by the work of Mike Fox at Fox Productions. We keep things pretty high tech!

About 3 years ago I was diagnosed with Lupus and spent nearly a year on the couch. I had a lot of problems using my hands and decided I would start some kind of business to keep me busy and give my hands some exercise. After a failed effort at antique restoration I decided to design a more advanced version of the talking skulls we had been using in our haunts. Thus was born the first SkullTroniX. Three years later we're on our fourth version of the skull and the company is now run by my daughter who has as many years experience in the haunt business as I do.

We're not making a profit (yet) but I have a great shop and get to work side by side with my daughter everyday and that is priceless.

We're focusing on the best possible service combined with the highest quality we are capable of producing.

We'll be at Transworld in the Dark Zone with some new products. I hope you can all stop by and meet us.

ScaryJerry

ScaryU.com
SkullTroniX.com

916 600-2295

roland s
02-05-2008, 01:44 PM
hello haunters,
my name is roland, and i'm new to this web site I have to say this by far is the best halloween and haunt web site that i've found. i'm 31 years old ,married, and just had my first baby 3 weeks ago. I am a union electrician working in a coal fired powerhouse. And i'm also planning a haunt in North Dakota.

poison
02-07-2008, 12:32 PM
Hi Everyone,
Adam Johnston here. I live in Santa Monca and have been building from the ground up HH for 12 years. I have been using talking skulls, 12 Volt windshield wiper motor and thunder triggers since the second year. And have been building Pneumatic Animatronics since. I now am starting my own business POISON HALLOWEEN PROPS, which I will have a Booth #8720 at Transworld. (Come and say High). Very exciting!!!!! Im also a Sound Designer for Movies & TV. Here are a couple pics of my products. I put a lot of detail in the sound and couldnt settle for the 8 bit chips sound repeaters most companies were offering. So i searched until i found the right one. So the combination of Violent moving props with good sound, good powered speakers is just the right recipe for a high scare factor. And check out our website www.poisonprops.com

poison
02-07-2008, 12:44 PM
HERE ARE MORE Product PICS!

poison
02-07-2008, 12:52 PM
And even more pics!
Let me know what you think?

poison
02-07-2008, 01:57 PM
It has been great reading about and along with all of you.

twistedts
02-13-2008, 07:29 AM
Name: Darryl Magierowski
Business: Twisted T's Ltd.

The Mysterious World Of Twisted T's is a clothing retail store unlike no other. I first opened the doors in 05' and my vision was to create a store front which had a theme to it. We found that restaurants have themes but why doesn't anything else do this? I had decided to go with a rundown old carnival theme which was influenced first by the movie "The Warriors" and Coney Island and my NEW home town of Niagara Falls. Our store sells t-shirts that cater from the horror movie fan up to more trendy clothing with other strange items. Inside the store there is a walk-thru oddities museum called "Dr. Orbax's Deformatorium". In the summer nights we will be hosting live sideshow acts on our front stage. I guess the only way appreciate the store is by visiting us in person, so come on up to the falls and get yourselves some Twisted T's!

http://a785.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/116/m_97cc623d2d1f1d22248589fdba834fb8.jpg

spookineer
02-13-2008, 09:03 AM
Hello, I stumbled on this site and saw many familiar names from other forums. Very nice layout of topics and definately some very talented people here. I've been a home haunter for many years but have learned many new tricks in the last few from information shared by others. I hope to contribute what I can. Now that I'm retired, I have much more time to play with my "toys". Looking forward to being an active member of this community...
D J
Suisun City, CA (soon to be moving to the other coast)

BackInBlack137
02-15-2008, 11:34 PM
Hello Everyone! My name is Garry Richwine Jr. and I am new to the Hauntworld Forums. I have been reading this forum for a while and decided to join recently. I have been working at a haunt called Jason's Woods which is located in Lancaster,PA. I knew when I was 6 years old that I wanted to be a haunter and I am glad I am. At Jason's Woods, I work as an actor, and do makeup during the season. Additionally, I setup the show with a few of my other coworkers during the year. Also, I run the Jason's Woods Myspace and the Jason's Woods YouTube. Also, I make and produce all videos shot on site of Jason's Woods. I work very closely with the boss/owner of Jason's Woods, and I am proud to represent them. In the next couple of years, I am going to be studying film at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh. I hope to break into the haunted business with a few friends. My goal is to hopefully make haunted videos/commercials for other haunts/businesses. Also, I am going to my first Transworld this year and am totally excited! Hope to see you all there! I love what I do and I hope to continue doing it. Glad to be apart of these boards and the haunted nation!

Here are the websites that I support:

www.jasonswoods.com
www.myspace.com/jasonswoodshaunt
www.youtube.com/LegendaryJasonsWoods

Bill Schnell
02-17-2008, 12:46 PM
Bill Schnell
Columbia, Missouri
28 years old
Owner / Operator Necropolis and Freakshow in 3D haunted houses (since 2005)
www.enterthenecropolis.com
www.myspace.com/necropolishauntedhouse

Hello everyone, I recently joined the site but have been a periodic reader for some time. I have a pretty busy life balancing my career, my family and my passion (my haunted houses), but I have decided that I need to be more active in the industry through forums like these. I have learned a great deal from this forum and other sites (and I know I have SO much more to learn) and I hope to be able to help others who are just starting out or trying to get started (I'm no expert but I know I have made a lot of mistakes and may be able to help others not make the same ones). Sorry for the length of this post, but here goes...

My day job is in the health care field as an Occupational therapist. I have been married to my beautiful wife Jennifer since 1999 and we now have our first baby on the way!

My obsession with all things horror started at a very young age. I was raised on horror movies (started watching them at about 5) and my parents always threw huge halloween parties. My mother also always made me and my brother amazing costumes. My parents and other family members would also set up yard haunts for some of the parties. These were my first tastes of haunted houses. In elementary school, my parents set up a haunted house at the school for our halloween party and I got to help with the design and decoration. By the time I was in junior high school, I was completely obsessed. I would go to as many haunted houses each year as I could find. I began keeping a journal where I would write down ideas that I would get from these haunted houses or from movies, T.V. shows, etc. In high school I took over the design and operation of the haunted house at our fall festival. I ran it for 4 years with the great help of my girlfriend (now wife). It was also in high school that we started traveling further to see great haunted houses (we started going to The Darkness every year as well as The Beast and The Edge of Hell in Kansas City). I tried in college to get a haunted house off the ground as a fundraiser for our program but there was just too much red tape involved. After I graduated I knew that is wasn't if but when I would own my own haunted house. It took 4 years of planning and saving but we finally got Necropolis off the ground in 2005. Looking back, I'm not sure how we managed it with so little time and so little budget, but it was mainly due to the amazing efforts and sacrifices of a small group of very close friends. It would not have happened without them. 2008 will be our fourth year running a professional haunted attraction. We learn so much each year and we are always seeking ways to make our haunt better. We have attended Hauntcon since 2005 and hope to make it to Transworld next year. We also purchased the full set of Hauntworld videos and highly recommend them. We love to entertain people and strive to make our attraction the best that we can. I would love to correspond to anyone from this forum who has questions, comments or just wants to say hi. Thanks for the great forum Larry! I know we havn't had an opportunity to chat but hopefully we can at some point (we're just down the road).

Phoenix
02-23-2008, 02:41 PM
hi, there are a lot of people already on here who already know me, but for those who don't, let me introduce myself.

My background is as an industrial controls engineer, where on a day to day basis I'm working with some of the most complex automated machinery in the world, and with a special interest in easy to use integrated control system.

I started out as a home haunter here in the UK before I even realized that this was something people did, my first 'haunt' was originally conceived as a practical joke to scare the increasing numbers of Trick or Treaters over here, with the basic idea of rewiring my doorbell to a strobe light and powerful speaker system.

This first 'haunt' was such a huge success that I quickly found myself in a cycle of escalation, constantly needing to raise the bar and do something bigger/better than the previous years.

Over the past year I have been closely working with Jerry Jewell (Scary Jerry) and Mike Fox of SkullTroniX developing a number of groundbreaking haunt control products, last year we released the Exorcist Haunt Control system and VSA sequencer software, and this year Ive developed MoCap, an affordable optical motion capture system that enables performers to remotely control servo controlled props simply by acting in front of a camera and or recording their performance for routine playback.

This year I'm very much looking forward to coming over to Las Vegas, helping demonstrate these products at Transworld, and going to be especially interested in meeting with the people who run these great haunted attractions to better understand their needs for automation and control systems, as I feel there is a lot of room for improvement over whats currently available on the market.

DeathReaper
02-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Hello Everybody! Howdy! I'm back again!!!

Some of you probably remmy me from last year or so... Sorry, I've forgotten about this HW forum for a pretty long time... so here I am!!! :D

Nightmaretony
02-24-2008, 09:35 AM
http://www.ultimatenightmares.com/joeyclownbw.jpg

Here is an easy guide to your names.

Also, I do remember Larry kicking you off for racism and other activities on here in blatant violation of most everything in sight.

DeathReaper
02-24-2008, 01:05 PM
No, I don't really remember of it. If that was long time ago, then forget it. I don't remember everything. :lol:

GraveStalker
02-28-2008, 07:21 PM
http://www.ultimatenightmares.com/joeyclownbw.jpg

Here is an easy guide to your names.

I don't seem to remember, but add Reaper08 to list!!!

DeathReaper
02-28-2008, 09:15 PM
I don't seem to remember, but add Reaper08 to list!!!

You're crazy ass!!!!

Nightmaretony
03-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Thanks for this private message:

DeathReaper is Online

Default Hey You!!! - 6 Minutes Ago
Can you please stay away from my threads???? I suggest you stay away from my own threads, or else.... you know???/ See what happens next!!!

You'll be sorry ass!!!!

Nightmaretony
03-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Also Larry, this is the same bozo that you kicked off here last year for all the racism and trolling. You remember how angry Gwen was bout him. It appears he has not changed a bit. Fake handles, endless spamming and stealing pictures and messages from other people. I don't know if you saw where I link that he copied one of your messages to another website.

It this is allowed and he is a valued member, then I withdraw my calling of attention. But there was endless problems raised last year and he has returned with no change in behavior.

Hopefully you can take care of business ASAP with this one. Thanks.

Nightmaretony
03-02-2008, 10:27 PM
I rest my case in terms of his ability to stay within the TOS and actual contributions to the message boards that are not blatantly stolen from other haunters on other websites.

I will just keep pointing out as it goes. Hopefully, the situation should be resolved so the satisfaction of the majority of the message board members who do not wish disruptions in this manner.

Binky
03-04-2008, 07:37 PM
HI! I am Binky! I live in my Mom and Dad's basement. I would like to be pinky friends with just about everyone in the entire world! I like Vanilla Icecream and was abducted by aliens one time (ok, it might have just been my sister, it did look an awful lot like her room)! I also like cheese. The store across the street has cheese... And VANILLA PUDDING!!! (Did I mention I like vanilla pudding?) I went there the other day and they told me "Binky, we ain't got no more vanilla pudding...". I was sad, but then I saw that they had some EZ Cheeze. That stuff is SOOO cool. Anyway, my sister wants to use the computer so I am going to have to

Welcome to my world.

My name is Gerry Wood. I am the Producer/Director/Actor of Shotgun Manor in a little town called Sullivan, Illinois. I have been Haunting since 1989. My first experience was with the Ghoul School in Columbus Ohio. Well, I fibbed. I actually started making haunts when I was about 9 years old in my bedroom. I had a set of bunk beds, a black light, ripped up jeans and my mom's makeup. Scared the crap out of my sister and her friend. It was smooth sailing after that. I have been designing haunts for several different attractions for the past 4 years. I have just taken on my biggest project, Shotgun Manor. I have not been the head of a haunt, just have done what needed to be done. This year we are going to have a lot of fun.

Send me an email and find out more about me if you want to know!

Frightfully yours,

Gerry

wigley F/X
03-05-2008, 05:54 PM
Hi my names is Darla,

I am one half of Wigley F/X. An up and coming company, I Hope! We are still trying to find our place in the haunt world. We love to do so many things it is hard to narrow it down to just a few specialties. We do make-up, props. prosthetics, full custom masks, costume and are learning how to do animatronics. We have lots of love for the thrill of the industry but our company is very young and we have a lot to learn. We hope to prove ourselves in the future. I am very pleased to find this forum and hope to get to know some of you.

wigley F/X
03-06-2008, 06:48 AM
For some reason my hello ended up at the begining of the threed and not the end so let's try this again. Maybe mosre people will see it this time.

Hi my names is Darla,

I am one half of Wigley F/X. An up and coming company, I Hope! We are still trying to find our place in the haunt world. We love to do so many things it is hard to narrow it down to just a few specialties. We do make-up, props. prosthetics, full custom masks, costume and are learning how to do animatronics. We have lots of love for the thrill of the industry but our company is very young and we have a lot to learn. We hope to prove ourselves in the future. I am very pleased to find this forum and hope to get to know some of you.

lurker
03-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Hi Darla,

Welcome to the board! Everyone on here has Transworld fever at the moment, so your intro may go unnoticed.
Where are you guys located? Do you have a web site yet, or examples of your work?

-Louis

wigley F/X
03-07-2008, 02:00 PM
We are in Chattanooga TN. We are right in the middle of getting a website up so keep an eye out for it. I will let everyone know. I do have work to show but need to get better pics. Of them first. Nothing worse then good work and crappie pics. Yes! Transworld fever! Was going to go but, just don't have the time. Maybe next time or even another event. Hauntcon or whatever. There's lot's of cool stuff on here and people willing to share some very neat ideas.

naberhoodhaunts
03-12-2008, 10:46 AM
Name: Joseph Naber

Hello everyone, I have been a home haunter for about 9 years. I'm really looking to expand and start my own professional haunt. If anyone has any advice or info that they would like to pass on it would be greatly appreciated. If anyone that is going to Transworld and is willing to pick up any info for me, such as catalogs or any thing that would be helpful, I would be willing to any postage it my cost to get it to me.

Thanks to all, Hope i get alot of help. Joe

Email: ucantseeus@frontiernet.net

MMManiac
03-12-2008, 12:54 PM
I thought I posted in this thread before but after finnaly reading it I realized that I didn't so here it does:

Name: Sean De Wane
Character(s): Mary Jane, the boss who yells at everyone
Years pro: 6
Haunt: De Wane Asylum

I started getting involved working for Terror on the Fox in Green Bay. I did that for 2 years before I left for college in Omaha. My first year there I was in charge of putting on a small haunt in the dorm basement. it turned into someone bigger then expected. after a year I moved back to Green Bay. I opened the Mayhem Manor Haunted House. after three years of using that name I was approached by a guy with the name of Leonard Pickle (any of you know him? jk) expressing his desire to sue me due to him having mayhem manor copywritten. I explained I used the name for three years plus owned the mayhemmanor.com website but it didnt matter so then we changed our name to De Wane Asylum. Last year we aquired a two story house two miles down the road from Terror on the Fox. Its a great location for us and we cant wait to do it their for many more years.

See ya all at transworld!

Sean

scaryguy666
03-12-2008, 01:26 PM
my name is danny maple i will be doing a haunted house out of my home soon in mexico mo i been a member for a year or more now and welcome

Spoils
03-21-2008, 08:37 PM
Name: Bart Butler
Where: Caddo Mills, Tx.(DFW area)

I am a newbie to HW…..and I am a kid in a candy store!
I am the owner of The Haunt House ( http://www.thehaunthouse.com ). This will be our second season. I have been in the industry since 1992. Back when I entered Haunted Verdun Manor as a patron and halfway through after one of the girls in my group hyperventilated I got a job as an actor and started working the next night. The next year I helped in the off season and ran the second attraction (or the first Cassandra’s) under the big top tent before the tornado took off with it during the middle of the season. During my time at Verdun Manor and Thrillvania life tried to take me away from the season I love most but the screams kept me in the game. The biggest thing that I was blessed with about being in the industry was knowing and learning from Lance Pope.

BobC
03-22-2008, 05:52 AM
Hello all, My name is Bob I have been involved in home haunting for over 15 years. I am a member on pretty much all the home haunting forums out there. Besides building my own props I am a sponge and enjoy learning everything and anything about the Haunt industry with hopes to open my own Haunt in the near future. Any advice from haunt owners would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all. :-D

elowther
03-28-2008, 03:14 PM
How's it going everybody? I am horrible at posting stuff on forums, I'm very sporadic and don't post too much, seems like I'm always making props instead. I should have introduced myself long ago. My name is Eric Lowther and I have been doing home haunts for years. Last year my haunt, Haunted Overload got way too big and out of control for the neighborhood. It was either go pro or be shut down by the town. I finally realized my dream of going pro by moving the haunt to the Coppal House Farm in Lee NH.

The first year, even with a home haunters budget was a smashing success. We also ended up on Larry's new DVD Americas Best Haunted Houses which was really cool and an honor to be included. Now with a permanent home I'm psyched and can start going wild with the designs and layout of the haunt for the second season. It's a great time to be in the haunt business. Good luck to everyone this year!

Eric

Captain Spaulding
03-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Hello everybody!

I am the newest member here, so I would like to introducy you myself. My name is Christopher, but you may call me Chris. And/or, you can also call me Capt Spaulding! :D
I love to chat about Halloween and haunt news, events, horror and scary movies, prop makeups, funny jokes, deal with buy, sell, or trade things and more!

Come and drop in here to say hi! ;)

Headstone Media
03-31-2008, 10:58 PM
Hello all,

We are Headstone Media, a full service graphic and web design company who has specialized in the entertainment industry and is now branching into the haunt industry.

Since we have done a number of violent and scary titles in the gaming industry, we met up with Molar Manor (http://molarmanor.com) and designed their new website and logo. After discussing with them about the haunt business, we felt we could bring a specialized need to everyone looking for very high end work for their website, logos, print materials and more. What's more, since we have connections in tinsel town, we can offer unique services of audio for your haunt and such.

In any case, that is us in a coffin. We look forward to working with any and all of you!

Headstone Media

RobZombie
04-06-2008, 10:10 PM
Greetings my haunters. I hope I can make some friends here. This place looks a lot of fun. However, a good cleansing never hurt anyone!

Exorcism here! GET YOUR EXORCISMS!!!! :evil:

The Power of Christ Compels You!

Lullaby
04-12-2008, 11:01 PM
Hey everybody, my name is Ashley and though I don't have my own haunted house, the process of putting them together has always intrigued me. I've always loved visiting haunted houses, and as a kid I would make my room "haunted" for my family to come and see.

Aside from that, I like to write and I have started a paranormal blog that I hope to start posting on more. It's nice to meet everyone!

Lillian Vanderdark
04-13-2008, 04:10 PM
Greetings, fellow haunters. I've been around a few months under a different name, but big changes at the haunt required a change in name. My name is Aidan, I play Lillian Vanderdark at the Baxter Avenue Morgue. I am also their new event coordinator as they are hoping to take the place year round now. Wish us luck!

Lilly
www.BaxterMorgue.com

ghostess
04-14-2008, 06:39 PM
Hello everybody!

I am the newest member here, so I would like to introducy you myself. My name is Christopher, but you may call me Chris. And/or, you can also call me Capt Spaulding! :D
I love to chat about Halloween and haunt news, events, horror and scary movies, prop makeups, funny jokes, deal with buy, sell, or trade things and more!

Come and drop in here to say hi! ;)

You just never learn, do you? BTW, quit sending me stupid emails.

airman9332
04-15-2008, 09:53 PM
Aaron Meyer

I'm a sophomore at Johnston High School

I just can't get enough of Halloween and Haunted Houses! I want to study in college to become a set designer for haunted houses and also be able to help operate and maybe own my own one day. That or I would really like to work for Universal Creative because they help plan HHN. Hopefully during college I'll be able to intern for businesses such as Netherworld or The Darkness. I really want hands on experience and I love making people get scared and have a good safe time and be able to create something that people see and go "wow!"

Evilution Unlimited
04-17-2008, 11:57 AM
My name is Brandon Whitaker.
I am from the Cincinnati area.
I am opening a haunt this year to help a homeless shelter in the area.
I am 1 semester away from a degree in Accounting.
I have been into haunted houses since the 2nd grade.

variant_cover
04-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Haunted Overload looks amazing! A true inspiration!

Redhot84
05-01-2008, 09:03 AM
Oh I'm sorry..so THIS is the introduction area. I accidentally posted my intro in the Actors section.

OK sorry....

Anyway , I am Andrea in Maryland.

I joined to get tips/helpful info about getting started in acting in haunted houses.

I am planning on volunteering at GoatMan Hollow and since this is my first time ever I wondered what acting experience you need to do this.

icandrawem2
05-03-2008, 12:15 AM
Aaron Meyer
That or I would really like to work for Universal Creative because they help plan HHN.

ACTUALLY.....HHN is designed and produced by Universal Art & Design which is a totally different division of the company. Creative is actually run from the corporate side (NBC/UNI). But yes, either one would be a privelege to work for!

The Doctor
05-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Alter-Ego: The Doctor
Haunt: Graystone Manor

I have been doing this for over 8 years and doing make-up for even longer. I can still remember plastering flour and oil on my face to create a melt man and oats for scales and I know my mom still wonders what happened to all her Kayro Syrup and red food coloring.

bamasmith
05-07-2008, 05:08 AM
I have been reading the forums for a while now and just thought I would finally join and get in on the fun.I live in North Alabama.And yes,I work for Shane at Graystone Manor.There are some pretty insightful posts on here and I am enjoying reaping the benefits of everyones knowlege on here.I hope more people post there 10 cents worth on here so I can learn more about the indusry.Of course I am learning from the best in Shane.

WailStreet
05-14-2008, 06:41 AM
I've been checking into this forum for years and figured I should finally register and start being part of the conversation.

I got into the biz doing custom masks and some design work, before taking some time off to raise a family. Since then, I've done some mask work, full size props, and a little design work on the side.

I have been looking to branch out as of late and I now also run the The Wail Street Journal (http://www.thewailstreetjournal.net) a haunt industry/Halloween news website. It'll take some time to build up, but I'm not going anywhere.

Happy Haunting Everyone

howierd3866
05-18-2008, 03:04 PM
just found this site looks like alot of good information and people on it..new to the haunt I do a free NO money acceptted house haunt for the last 3 years with the last year having 6 actors helping..its call Cassia Cemetery. last year was the first haunted maze we did..My new neighbour I just moved into usually only has about 45 kids..now over 400 and my neighbour still like me...Howard

rcfurr
05-27-2008, 03:09 PM
RC Furr
Age 37
Dallas, Texas

I have a website all about hauntings and attractions in Georgia www.hauntedinfirmary.com (http://www.hauntedinfirmary.com) I hope you check it out!

tomstrong
05-30-2008, 03:58 PM
New member from the Pittsburgh area

Hello, I'm Tom Strong, I'm with Hundred Acres Manor just south of Pittsburgh in South Park, PA. I do whatever needs to be done, whether that means I'm an electrician, locksmith, welder, makeup guy, or whatever else at the time.

loganmoore
06-18-2008, 05:19 PM
Haunt: None at the current time
I ran a garage haunt for about 8 years that I loved, I am wanting to get a commercial one started up sometime in the next year or two.

Guys from graystone manor where are you located at, I'd love to come by sometime and check out your place.

Millie
06-30-2008, 02:15 AM
hello everyone.
My name is Millie, I'm 17, and I have been involved in the haunt industry for about 5 years. I Started out at Terror on the Fox in Green Bay, WI as a volunteer for my school, and after that first night, I was changed, and i have worked there ever since. I am an Actor, I also help out the Bad Boys during construction season. I Love everything about haunted attractions, I have learned more than I ever could have imagined in these five years, and I will continue to learn, this is something I am interested in doing my entire life. I attended my first convention this year (MHC) it was spectacular. I'm excited to see more, learn more, and do more in this industry.

eyegore123456789
06-30-2008, 09:51 PM
Hello,
My name is Dr. Fingers Frankenberg with my compant Symphonic Sacrifices. I Compose Atmospheric music for the haunted attraction industry. I've been working with Rich Hanf now for 5 years Privatly now I'm going Public.

chainsawmaniac809
07-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Name: Ryan

I've been visit this forum for a couple years and finally decided to register. Currently I work at our local towns charity haunt for kids, but a couple people and me hope to operate our own haunt this year

phreakout
07-07-2008, 12:27 AM
name:Jonathan

I used to run a yard haunt back in irving for about 6 years, and then
moved onto haunt acting. I moved to Tyler in August of 07, and became
an actor for the Jaycees haunted house. I am currently a college student
earing a degree in graphic design, and to persure my goal of designing
logos, themes, and displays for haunt attractions and events.

I joined this website due to the vast information on new and exisitng haunts
and to further myself into the culture and passion of the holiday. I love to
act, and if possible work to create my own haunted house when the time comes.
everyone on here seems very helpful and full of passion and the drive to be the
best at their job, be it acting, or running their own haunt.

For the 08 season, I will possibly be an actor in a new attraction in tyler
named "Edge City" as well as a set designer/construction crew for the
Tyler Jaycees haunted house. If allowed, I will work as a slider for either haunts

Greg Chrise
07-07-2008, 02:18 AM
It looks like Edge City will be far more fun. They ae building now.

CharlieWinslow
07-19-2008, 04:19 PM
Hi sweet zombies!

I'm just another young freak, zombie lover, vampire, cross-dresser, halloween crazed monster!

The best way to describe myself is to say that I spend 364 days a year wondering how am I going to dress-up for Halloween! :rolleyes:

EMBRUJADA
07-20-2008, 11:00 PM
hello there, i decided beginning in the haunted bussines in mexico , here are a some haunted houses but i create a new theme , its a carnival , with clows , freaky actors and all circus entertainment, i need to leaning about mistakes and problems about haunted. Regards

Kano
07-24-2008, 08:24 AM
Hello all!
I'm currently the Event Production Supervisor for the Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa, Florida. We do 7 haunts plus full scale park decorations for our Halloween event "Zoo Boo", which is of the caliber of Bush Gardens' Hall-O-Scream event (you should be seeing something on us in an upcoming Haunted Attractions mag). I'm of the technical mindset and handle all animation, special fx, and audio for the entire park. I'm originally an audio engineer by trade and have experience as a sound designer and producer and run my own small recording studio and record label by night.
I'm here to keep up on all the current haunt industry info and possibly become better networked. some of you may have met me @ Transworld and i hope to get to know more of you in the near future.

Chaos
07-28-2008, 02:27 PM
Another newbie saying Hi! Love the site so far, looking forward to meeting more people with similar interests.

(that was the canned, prepared, and preserved forum newbie greeting.)

I'll be moving back to Missouri in a couple of months, and although this season will be lost to moving, settling in and the general nastiness of divorce...next year I will be opening a professional haunt. Over tha past 13 years I've worked various aspects of haunts on military bases throughout the world, but still consider my experience very low.

Terrormaster
07-29-2008, 01:55 PM
Hi all, I'm Terrormaster. I'm a small home/yard haunter located out of Connecticut. I've been haunting my home for about five years now but have had a lifelong love for horror, Halloween, and haunting. Last year I made the leap from commercially bought props and decorations to building things myself. My goal is to get enough experience under my belt to eventually work my way into the pros. I am humbled to be here amongst such great talent and hopefully can learn much from the fine folks here.

-TM

creepy crawler
07-29-2008, 05:41 PM
Hey all,

New guy on the block!!!!!
I did a small yard haunt last year cant wait till this year. My wife and I love Halloween got married on Halloween and went to Salem for our honeymoon. Lookin forward to meeting some new folks that share the same love for the season. We live in Pa. so If any one local hit me up

NightTerror
07-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Hi, everybody! I'm just another guy in Texas who loves all things Halloween, scary, and such. I'm considering starting my own haunt but I love doing so many other things that I don't know that I would want to invest the time it takes. That's why I'm here, to learn from the best and decide if I'm really up to doing this!

NightTerror

Haunting Copy
08-01-2008, 01:19 AM
My name is Sarah, living in La Grange, TX (yep, the very same place as "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas).

I began yard haunting about 14 years ago, although there were many years where I couldn't do much because of living in apartments.

Most people think I'm nuts when they learn how into Halloween I am, but I just smile and think of the haunted bed and breakfast I want to own some day. A horror magazine for kids would be super cool, too. :D

For now my goal is to help haunts and others in the horror industry with their marketing writing - and do a bit of writing for myself, too. ;)

maliciousstudios
08-14-2008, 07:19 PM
name - BrianHalm
Owner Of MALICIOUS STUDIOS

Interests - quiet walks on the beach, horseback riding, candle light dinners, hunting, fishing, looking for that special somone for laughter and memories...LMfao....Live for Love lover for life... I'm a lover of all fuzzy and warm things in life...

My favorite color is bloody red with a touch of grey brain matter.

yeah... lmfao RAWK !!!

www.maliciousstudios.com website to be unleashed SOON.....

Haunting Copy
08-14-2008, 10:29 PM
Hi, Malicious :) Nice to have you!

HalloweenCom
08-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Howdy!

I reckon I should introduce myself! My name is Chris Riley, I'm a home/yard haunter in SE California and Halloween addict. I love ghost stories, horror movies, books, magazines and stuff like that. I'm into sci-fi things, ya know? It's good entertainment! (I'm a skeptic thought!) ;)

I look forward to getting know y'all better! :D

shawnc
08-15-2008, 10:34 PM
Halloween,

How did you get that website? You must have bought it more than 20 years ago! :p

HalloweenCom
08-16-2008, 06:00 AM
Halloween,

How did you get that website? You must have bought it more than 20 years ago! :p

Ha haha! I've had my website since 1994. Thanks for asking. ;)

antelop
08-18-2008, 08:13 PM
Hey everyone,
I am Craig Henrickson. I serve as sort of the technical director/designer of a small charity haunt in Sun Prairie, WI called Sun Prairie's Most Haunted. This is our third year in business, but I have worked with and designed charity haunts for about 10 years. I decided to join the forum to keep up to date on what is going on in the industry. I like to hear what others are doing to put on a good show and how the response from the audience/customers has been.
We don't have a permanent location, so every year I get to start from nothing which can be a benefit and a curse. The ideas still flow, but putting the walls up year after year can really be a drag. We are very fortunate to get all of our very small budget from local donors, free printing of marketing and tickets, free t-shirts for all our volunteers, and free food to feed all of our scaracters.
All in all, its a pretty good situation and I look forward to building this haunt bigger and better year after year.

ChrisRiley
08-21-2008, 03:18 PM
That is (and was) an imposter. I am in Florida, I do enjoy ghost stories, Halloween (of course).

I don't think I've ever said "Howdy" although that was pretty funny. ;-)

[If you need to verify it, please feel free to email me on Halloween.com and I will reply there.]

I think it is all resolved and all fine. ;-)

Howdy!

I reckon I should introduce myself! My name is Chris Riley, I'm a home/yard haunter in SE California and Halloween addict. I love ghost stories, horror movies, books, magazines and stuff like that. I'm into sci-fi things, ya know? It's good entertainment! (I'm a skeptic thought!) ;)

I look forward to getting know y'all better! :D

EMBRUJADA
08-29-2008, 04:43 PM
Hello everybody , sorry for my english , well im new in the haunted bussines, i will start a haunted attracttion here in mexico , but its a really hard for me because in mexico its different all , and begining this proyect its like a create a song jejeje for me = very complicated , but no imposible , well i have the place, im start to design and i hope to start in the next week , This is my profile
YEARS: 30
NO MARRIED
MEXICAN GUY
MARKETING AND COMUNICATION

see you

shawnc
08-29-2008, 06:05 PM
Welcome EMBRUJADA! Let us know how things are going. I am in the U.S. but only a few miles north of the border. I know the Mexican culture and beliefs are different than many of those here so it will be interesting to see what you come up with. Good luck!

FearSeeker
08-31-2008, 01:54 PM
BestHaunter,

Shawnc often does the welcoming to new members but doesn't appear to be around now, so I hope you enjoy your stay here, limited as it may be. :p

Jeffrey
09-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Hello everyone!
My name is Jeffrey and I have been doing a home haunt for almost 10 years now. Last year I had the idea of and the wanting to meet other home haunters. So this year I started H.A.C.K. Halloween Amateurs of Colorado Klub. We are now up to 15 members throughout colorado and more joining every day! :)

We will help eachother with ideas, product, whatever it takes to make Halloween a great time for all. So far the " Klub" has been great, we have met some really cool people, some PROs even :) and even they shared ideas and old props with us!

In seeing this website, I thought it would be a great way to reach out to more people out there that love to scare :)

Jeffrey
President of H.A.C.K.

BrainDonor13
09-05-2008, 08:13 AM
We like to home haunt. I like to do make up fx and my kids (11 and 8) are a bit twisted. We're in WNY. I'm hoping to start up the first WNY Zombie Walk (for charity possibly - depending on the legalities of it all). There's a special place in my head for zombies. ;)

I'm learning quite a bit more from the pictures and prop discussions. It's helpful to hear about the big game haunts too.

HalloweenMart
09-09-2008, 06:59 PM
HI! I am Carrie Sheerin, a new member of HauntWorld and I have a special offer for all you haunters out there!

I own and operate one of the largest Halloween websites on the internet. HalloweenMart has been online for 15 years and carries the largest selection of costumes, masks, props and decorations for Halloween.

If you put a link or banner to HalloweenMart on your site, I will give you 25% OFF any purchase you need to make for your own haunt AND will pay you a 10% commission for any sale that your link generates.

It's quick and easy to get set up so let me know if you are interested.

I can be reached at carrie@halloweenmart.com. Please put HAUNT PARTNER in the subject line.

Thanks!!

GothycDesigns
09-10-2008, 10:19 PM
Hi I'm Ray Kessinger,

I have been involved with SPFX makeup for about 20 yrs. by far no pro, but always willing to learn more. About 5 years ago I started doing more prop building to decorate the yead, and house. I then got involved with a local haunt to learn more. The haunt was Baron Von Goolo's Museum of Horrors in Portland, OR.

Since then I have really enjoyed being involved with a haunt. Then BVG moved to bigger venue and is now called FRIGHTTOWN which features 3 haunts, which one is still BVGMoH.

I am now to the point where I and a friend seem to be wanting to do our own thing now. To branch off. We got into the BVG to learn, but ended up doing more teaching and being the core builders than they had in the past. I guess thats decent, when all of them are volunteers.

So I or we, would like to learn more by reading posts from the top haunters in the USA. We're starting small, but have bigger plans and hopefully can expand on it next year....well to be more positive....We WILL expand next year.

Thanks,
Ray K.

J-Haunt
09-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Name: Jeff Thorstad

Work in a haunt, love it.

ScarecrowInDenver
09-16-2008, 06:38 AM
Thanx DrFrightner For activating my account
Now I can get some answers to my question about my roll this season as a scarecrow and acting/mannerisms to add to my scare tactics arsenal.

Please anyone with tips please reply.

The Scarecrow!!!!!!!!!!!!

ScaryMama
09-23-2008, 06:59 AM
Name: Melissa
Current Location: Peoria. IL
Home Haunter

Hi I am a new member to haunt world and am very glad I found this site. I have already learned so much and got some great ideas too. Plus its nice to see there are so many who share the same love for halloween as my family. This is only our second year of home haunting. We are also a military family so this is our first year in Peoria, IL. I believe I am raising the future of haunting. We have a 2 almost 3 year old little boy who is already obsessed with scaring people. He loves playing scary "mongers". Our little princess doesn't know it yet but she'll love it too. Thank you everyone for all your tips and ideas!!!

brad
09-24-2008, 05:33 PM
Welcome to HW. Keep track with stuff, and you could learn a lot from these guys.

And if you ever have a question, feel free to ask.

ForbiddenFruit
09-25-2008, 10:49 PM
I'm Carmen. I care very much about haunts and haunting. I do visit this forum very regularly but I don't log in much because I'm generally a private person. However, I do care about the people that are being rejected as members because I was also one that struggled to finally get accepted to this forum. That's why I spoke up today for the first time even though I've been a member since July.

So I just wanted to say to those of you who are trying to get in, please keep trying. Some of us really do want to hear your input, and thanks to all of you who have been sharing your wealth of information. I have learned a lot from you. And when I have more to share, I will do so too. Happy haunting!

ldiliberto
09-26-2008, 09:27 AM
Hey everyone just wanted to say Happy Halloween!
Have been a member for only about 3 weeks, started a new business and wanted to get feedback from people that are the most knowledgeable about Halloween decorations and stuff. So thats why I am here, mainly just observing what people are talking about.

scaryguy666
09-27-2008, 10:49 AM
im danny 21 from harrison arkansas and ive been acting for 5 years now

dragon1864
09-27-2008, 11:49 AM
HI everyone!!!! My name is Hope. I love Halloween, its awesome time of year to dress up and have some great fun!!!! My friend and I do a Haunted Cave and each year I dress up as somethig scary, my favorite is Death!!!!! This year I wanted to try and do a Zombie. I need some advice on how to dress like one.

Any help from you folks out there would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!! Thank You so Much!!!!

Labyrinth of Phobias
09-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Hello, people!

We're working on our home haunt in Texas and thought we would join just to get lots of input and advice from the experienced masters here! So far, it's working very well. We've learned so much from reading everything before being accepted but I'm really glad that we finally got in so that we can post now.

Thanks for all of your helpful advice!

djchrisb
09-29-2008, 11:59 AM
Hey all,
I have been haunting my yard off and on for over 25 years. I got into pneumatics last year and really stepped up the quality of my yard haunt. Sometimes I think I must be a demented individual and I am probably right, but in a good way:)
This year I started a business specializing in Haunt Voice Overs. If anyone is in need of Haunt Rules, Haunt Greetings, Prop voices, Atmosphere etc... Check out my web site www.discountvoiceovers.com . You won't be disappointed.
I look forward to sharing and learning from you all.

TheWillies
09-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Hi, I'm Matthew Willie from Austin, TX. My family and I have been enjoying haunting for many years. I joined this forum back in July or August but got deleted by changing my email address, so be forewarned. Don't change your email address unless you are prepared to apply for membership again, and remember that's a lengthy process.

Happy haunting!

JonathanFrost
09-29-2008, 06:38 PM
I'm Jonathan Frost from upstate New York.

I perform all over the country, currently I'm in NC at Spookywoods...

I own Chilling Magic

www.Jonfrostmagic.com for more information

Looking forward to talking with you all...

J~F

harvest night
10-27-2008, 12:23 PM
my name is denise, i'm in east tennessee. some friends and i did a haunted barn to benefit our local elementary school for four years. it's a very small school and they needed library books and computers. the county was angry because we wouldn't give the money to the school board to put towards the high school football team, which already had a sideline club, so they had us shut down. did a haunt last year to benefit united way. i had my gall bladder removed last week so no haunting for me this year. and no, they wouldn't let me keep my gall bladder in a jar. gonna try to do a haunt for a local horse rescue next year.

Root of Evil
11-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Name: Greg Godwin

I am a newbie. I have for as long as I can remember loved Halloween and horror movies. Years ago I started decorating my house and it grew bigger each year, until I started moving around the country with my job and had to get rid of my collection. Then three years ago we decided to convert our Laser tag arena into a haunted attraction for the month October and the addiction resurfaced for me. This past year it was decided we would not continue with the attraction at work, so I have decided I would focus on creating my own haunted attraction. It is my plan to be up and running in 3-5yrs. So far the subscription to Haunt World magazine, Web sites and the DVD collections I have started collecting have stoked the the creative fires. I am open to any advice that may help me along the way and look forward to sharing my ideas as well.

Thanks
Greg G
Root of Evil

Front Yard Fright
11-10-2008, 11:34 PM
Hey ya! My name's Zach and I'm from Waverly, Iowa. I'm 18 years old and have been doing my haunt for 4 years. I'm not as big as the local pro haunts in my area, but many of my patrons say our show us better than the others, so I must be doing something right! I'm a member on a few other forums, but I came here to chat with a few "pros" about the haunt business because I would ideally like to go pro myself here in the next few years. I really look forward to meeting all of you and learning a lot of great useful information as well as contributing where I can!
:).

dr.slickshill
11-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Name: Mike Melillo
Haunt: Slickshill's Dead End of Horrors
Occupation: Art Supply Shop owner by day, Creature Creator by night

I've run my own charity haunt for five years running now, under the Dr. Slickshill banner. We've done a few different themes... a Sideshow of Monsterous Oddities, Godzilla, and assorted animated displays. I sculpt, mold and cast masks and props as a second income, and have recently partnered with comic artist Frank Thorne to produce a line of resin figures based on his characters. I'm also an amateur magician, and I build all of my own effects and props for my haunts, with few exceptions. I'm currently doing freelance creature fabrication for the MonsterQuest show on the History Channel.

I've lurked on this board for years, and even ventured in a few times, though I seem to recall it being a somewhat unsettling experience, I've come to appreciate this forum over the years, so I say once again, 'Hello!'

Waken
11-28-2008, 08:03 AM
Name: Steve VunCannon

Waken has spawned from Keystone Design. Keystone designs machines that handle everything from test tubes to automobile seats. We know how things work, we also know how to make things work that hold up under extreme stress.

Times are tough here in Michigan. My love for all things halloween inspired us to pursue different markets. We contacted a great haunted house (IMHO VERY underrated), Night Stalkers in Millington Mi. They showed us around and also gave us great advice. We haven't looked back since. We are full bore, 2 guns blazing, producing small and customizable animatronics for the big show in March.

I look forward to talking and working with all of you.

"This way to the Egress"

Haunt Marley
12-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Hello fellow haunters!

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. :grin: I look forward to getting to know you all and sharing some haunting information.

My name is Bobby, and I'm from Dumont, Vermont near Lowell Cemetery. I work as the night watchman at the cemetery, I thought it was very cool to walk around the graveyard and check to see if everything goes okay. I have to keep looking around to make sure no zombies are coming to get me! lol

So, let's hear from y'all!

Jim Warfield
12-05-2008, 06:31 PM
You don't like Zombies?
How about some of those Zombie Women though!?
(no I'm not one of them, neither zombie or female!)
Although I went to high school with many zombies back in the 1960's

Haunt Marley
12-05-2008, 09:32 PM
LOL YES! I've seen a zombie sexy girl before - and here's a pic of her!!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1434/567148504_bfa4d7a237.jpg?v=0

:o
You don't like Zombies?
How about some of those Zombie Women though!?
(no I'm not one of them, neither zombie or female!)
Although I went to high school with many zombies back in the 1960's

shawnc
12-06-2008, 12:59 AM
You're kidding? Night watchman at a cemetery?

Reminds me of one of those Candid Camera shows where they stationed a night watchman at a construction site, telling him they had to stop because they uncovered an old cemetary. During the night, he began to hear moans and the lids on coffins started popping open.

Haunt Marley
12-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Yes, seriously. I'm a night watchman at the cemetery from 12 am - 8 am everynight. Usually 1-2 days off.

cbnay
12-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Well my name is Charles Nay,,,,Originally from Fraser, Mich...just miles from the guy from Warren..I now live in Toledo, Ohio...I'm 32 now, but when i was younger i used to work the Jaycees haunts around the Detroit area. For the last 8 years ive owned a Tattoo and Body Piercing Studio in Toledo..My other home is Panama City beach Florida and this is where i plan to break my cherry in the Haunt Business. Bringing another facet to my portfolio in the business community. Once Detroit was only Jaycees Haunted Houses, the market now allows for Professional Haunts to not only out do the Basic Haunt but also to be a profitable business. Ive actually used this site to my advantage when prepping the legal aspects of the business not we are beging to build the haunt...im very excited and looking forward to talking with some of you in the future..please feel free to email me at cbnay@hotmail.com if you want to chat or simply kick me down some more info....

oakhillshaunterTHEFEAR
12-10-2008, 08:57 PM
Serisously I'm the youngest member here!
Haunt: Still in the works

My name is Vincent Marchese. I'm, as of now, a full time student at CSUSB. In all of my spare time I'm either working on my house, or working on this business. I've got all my ideas in order, all the research I can do. The problem is money. I have no official job experience and this business degree is gonna take me 3 more years. I want to be in this business. With every bit of me I want to part of it and want to contribute all of my original(hopefully ;) ideas to this industry. And hey anyone want to just talk to me send me a friggen message. I'm 18 so I know how to retrieve my messages.

Darkangel
12-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Vincent, there are people as young as 14 on this board that I know of, maybe even younger that are lurkers....

Welcome!

Darkangel

Banshee
12-23-2008, 02:12 AM
Hey Ya'll! It's missjayne from Netherworld.. (I was on here under the name 'missjayne' years ago)

tchaunt
12-23-2008, 07:50 PM
Sorry Vincent, I beat you in being the youngest.
Name: Jon-Kyle Bailey
Birthday: March 26

About Me:
I believe I have what it takes to become a true hunter. Someone (I think Mark Twain) once said, "I can't tell you if you are a writer. If you wake up one morning and all you think about is writing, then you are a writer." Me, well, I woke up one morning to discover, I freakin' love haunts! Honestly, I have never went to a single haunted house, let alone work for one. I was always too scared when I was younger. Honestly, I can't believe how naive I was just four years ago. Little things would scare the crap out of me. Up until I was 9, Goosebumps would scare me. :? But I can handle so much more now (yes; I changed a lot in just 4 years). Now, I crave fear. I can't get enough of it. Whether I'm getting scared or doing the scaring, I LOVE IT!
Now, all I think about is haunted houses. I am constantly thinking about scare acting, haunt characters, haunt safety, make up, room templates, scare tactics, and haunt themes.....just to name a few.

I joined this community to help build the industry for when my time comes to create my own haunt. I wish the time was the 'o9 season, but I doubt it will happen that early. I have a mere $300 to my name. Anyway, I hope I will be welcomed to this community and I hope I will help contribute to it.

SHELDON
12-28-2008, 07:04 AM
Greetings...

I'm Matthew Pronger. I'm 33 and I live in a suburb of Chicago. I've been organized (and I use that term loosely) haunting for 9 years but I've been doing my best to scare people my whole life, Halloween or not. I've been doing makeup 28 of my 33 years... I started with ketchup. I attended and graduated from Joe Blasco MCE 94-96 with specialties in prosthetics and animatromics and I'm currently the Head of Makeup at Dream Reaper's Haunted House in Melrose Park where I've haunted since 03.

For those of you who didn't make it to MHC 08' or didn't pay attention to the chaos on these very message boards that followed, Sheldon P. Bitchmagnet is one of my several alter-egos. A wheelchair cruising, bloody booger picking deviant, he has a fondness for white clothing and soft fur and made an "unwelcome" appearance at last years Zombie Walk. Crushorn, whose photos were posted on here earlier this year is the rogue leader of Hell's numerous hatchetmen. Thousands of years of pain, anguish and hate drive Crushorn to perform the most cruel and sometimes inappropriate actions.... that and the love of his job. Other characters include Yaya, Porta Johnny, Buster Butthymen and Lashawnda.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to seeing you all at Transworld, HauntCon and last but certainly the crown jewel of my haunt convention year, MHC.

See you soon!

Associated Sites: www.myspace.com/crushorn
www.facebook.com (Matthew Pronger)
[url]www.Hauntmakeup.com (under const.)

Stephan (screamwalk
01-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Stephan Orovich
Haunts: Screamwalk, Haunted Overload
Number of Years Haunting: This will be my second year
Character in Screamwalk: The Axe Murderer
Character at Haunted Overload: Wisp the Scarecrow

OdetteDespairr
01-14-2009, 12:12 PM
Name: Jackie
AKA: OdetteDespairr/Justcallmelafeeverte
Age 20 (I turn 21 at MHC this year!)

Who: My name is Jackie, I work as a haunt actress and slowly am starting to work more and more with makeup, bodypainting and special effects. I am relatively new having only been in the business for 2 years, but love the industry more than anything.

How: After I graduated from high school I wanted somewhere to continue working in theatrics. So I did a web search and found a horror acting troupe called feature creatures, consisting of everyone from haunt owners, operators, set designers, makeup artists, special effects artists and actors….and well, I had found my place! After I attended my first meeting I became hooked on every aspect of the industry. I quickly became a permanent member of the group and started to learn as much as I could about everything from beginning makeup design to the best way to work a Q line. From going to conventions, to traveling as an actress during the fall, I make it my goal to live in the business as much as possible.

Where: My home haunt is Terror Park in Columbus Ohio, but I have also been blessed with the opportunity to travel during haunt season and guest act at some amazing haunts! Its so much fun to experience a new environment and new people and see the new things that people are constantly pulling out of the box!

What: As I stated I work mostly as an actress but have been dabbling more and more in makeup and body painting over the last year and a half. I really love creating concepts and designs to transfer to a living breathing canvas. I love making costumes and character creation. I think its so much fun to create a character and become someone or something else entirely!

Probably the most well known character I do is named Nip, Patient #6688. She is an insaniac, who tends to stay in dark places and come out to chase small screaming children, and large crying men. She rarely speaks but growls more often than not. She loves to chase cheerleaders and try to bite them. The general public, finding her both creepy and unsettling to be around, tends to avoid her. Whilst she tries to be as close as possible to them, often popping up at unexpected times. She frequently contorts herself into various, seemingly painful poses and hobbles about after victims who tend to be repulsed by her.

I also have been known to do a character named Axehandle Annie, who along with her Mama Kaffy and Pigpen Brothers, sings songs such as “Jimmy Cracked Corn” and “Theres a hold in my buckkit” as loud as possible while brandishing a large axe in a washroom. Men tend to be repulsed as her as she suggestively hits on them.

I also do more everyday characters such as Adis the Vampire Princess, Suzy-Q The Half Mad Bride, and Madonna-Marie Antoinette

I have been working more and more as a face and bodypainter though. And still love to make and create costumes.

Additional Info: Look For me soon on Rotting Flesh Radio, and you can contact me on myspace at www.myspace.com/flowerkitten2000 and on AOL through my Instant Messanger Flowerkitten2000

Hope to meet and hear from more of you soon!

OdetteDespairr

“Happiness is the sublime moment when you step out of your corset at the end of the night.”

“Actors love mental disorders, dialects, and corsets. Give them one of the three and they're happy.”

Kallie
01-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Name : Kallie

Hi ghouls, zombies, skeletons, all scary ones out there, I feel I'm playing some dungeon and dragon game. I'm actually a clown / magic entertainer, but do haunted house setups for haunt parties, fete's etc.

Still trying to read the articles, to find out where to right or ask what. Gee... this thread is old, from 2007, wonder if all the guys & girls is still active on this forum, but I'll find out soon. This is a nice thread at least to get everyone involved and known.

I'll love to visit your country someday, to run from one scary house to the other!We do not have setup haunted places, houses etc. over here as the way you've got it over there. It's really unbelievable.

Well, got to check the threads out again, to find out where to go. . .

Jim Warfield
01-20-2009, 08:52 PM
Last summer I had a group of 15 carnival workers come through my house and quite a few of them were from South Africa!
My wife, Jessica pulled out her Afrikaans Language book and amused them with her linuistic attempts to communicate with them.
I was listening to them and understanding very little but they sure were talking alot!
(I have a very unusual house and house tour)
You can get a peak at : hauntedravensgrin.com

scubadog
01-28-2009, 07:27 PM
My name is Rick Herbert our Haunt is called Eaton's Orchard Haunted Trail. It is located in Spiceland Indiana. Hi all I am new to the haunt scene. My best Friend recently inherited an apple orchard that had not been worked in about 7 years and I suggested, to get it going again that he have a haunted trail. That was August 2008 by October we had constructed several pneumatic items ran electric and air lines underground over about 5 acres. Built a 8'X 8' X 27' tall control tower which over looks most of the trail. We advertised in the paper and on the radio. This is a small town 807 people, 48,508 in the entire county. We ran every weekend in October and had over 1000 people attend. We used all volunteer haunters, the only pay they received was in the form of food. We learned alot real quick. We felt that for the first year we did really well. This year we hope to at least triple our attendance. We are planning on adding a Vortex tunnel and a spot room this year along with a couple of other scenes. We (the 6 main players) plan on attending TransWorld in St. Louis and Midwest Haunters Convention in Columbus. I just discovered this site and think it will be very helpful.

Loud &twisted
01-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Hello everybody,

Name: Neal
From Lock Haven, PA

I just joined this fourm. I do not own a Haunt, but I do help some friends who own a Haunted House. I was never into the scary stuff, but like to build things. I visited the Hauntworld expo in Vegas last year and though holly crap this is some crazy stuff and I fit right in. Now I am really into it, sometimes my ideas may be a little extreme thats just how I am. Loud &twisted for ever!! ;)

Jim Warfield
01-30-2009, 08:58 AM
You didn't arrive here to be straightened out or get a hearing aid?
I had several relatives on my Mother's side of the family that talked SO Loud! They would get excited talking to each other and you could hear every word from a block away!
You like to build strange stuff, see my house, I built the vast majority of it from mostly my own ideas too.
hauntedravensgrin.com

Loud &twisted
01-30-2009, 10:10 AM
You didn't arrive here to be straightened out or get a hearing aid?
I had several relatives on my Mother's side of the family that talked SO Loud! They would get excited talking to each other and you could hear every word from a block away!
You like to build strange stuff, see my house, I built the vast majority of it from mostly my own ideas too.
hauntedravensgrin.com

Thanks for the reply. I like the way you think! Some pretty cool stuff you have built. I don not need a hearing aid yet and as for being straightened out my wife has been trying for years. As for my user name, I build loud audio systems 140db+. After my friends (SpookHaven) got me involved in their haunt I figured why not. You always need background noise in a haunted house. Then one thing led to another and I built some serious air cannons (noise and impact) some serious air. After finding them to be a good scare, I am continueing on and building larger scare devices. I look foward to dicussing different things to help other sadvance their Haunts.

StackerSteve
02-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Stacker or Steve. It's all the same.
I live in Gettysburg, Pa.
First year haunter at The Haunted Mill in Spring Grove, Pa. Ended up creating a charachter they dubbed the "Pig Man" using a band replica mask of Mushroomhead. I'm working on a new sculpt to further the charachter to something more of my own making. What it comes down to is a butcher wearing a butchered pig head and bloody as all hell. I had no problems getting screams and asked to take part in alot of photos.
I'm totally hooked and plan on doing it again this year.

I also start doing some FX and mask making for a hobby. It's doing pretty well

Have a blessed one!

Hope to meet some people in Valley Forge at the Haunters Convention

nzanesmith
02-03-2009, 06:59 PM
Hey guys just wanted to say hi and a bit about myself. My name is Nick Smith and im a 23 year old college student in Bakersfield CA. I got hooked this year with the haunting bug after acting in a local haunt "The Chamber" after the season ended i offered to help next season and boy..... did i get more then i was expecting out of that lol. Im now in charge of some of our marketing efforts for the upcoming season as well as some of our actors (organizing, finding and training the new guys) as well as completely handling our efforts to do a small maze at the county fair which would add weeks to our season and contact with nearly a half million possible customers that attend the fair yearly. I find myself being much more then an actor for this coming season so I love reading what all of you guys and gals have posted and would love to learn as much about both the acting and management side as possible. Man i tell ya after the first great scare on opening night i was sold hook line and sinker lol. \

Happy Haunting
Nick

"The Chamber"
Bakersfield CA
Actor (+)

MeyerPointManor
02-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Hey everyone, this is my first post! Im looking forward to being part of the HauntWorld community. Im glad that I found a place full of people that think just like me!:cool:
I am the founder of Meyer Point Manor, which is a non-profit haunt.
Looking forward to sharing ideas with everyone!
-Brad

jd666
02-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Hey ya all,
I'm will from colorado. This is an awesome forum. I haved loved halloween ever since I was a small boy. My haunt is located in Boulder,Colorado. It's just a small yard haunt. My goal with in the next five years is to open a proffestional one at a big wearhouse or something. I look forward to talking with ya all and yep.

Rock On Halloween Hommies-
:p

hilloween haunting
02-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Hi everyone.
My name is Dave, i am 38, and I am from Columbus, Nebraska. I am one of a few home haunters here in a town of 20,000 that draw in a steady line of kids and adults who want to get scared and get some candy with out having to pay an admission. I build my own props (static, electric, and phneumatic) Around six years ago is when i stayed home and dressed in a grim reaper costume to hand out candy and scare whom ever came to the door. Maybe 20 kids came by, a little disappointing. So I started to build. Each year adding more and more, and getting more friends and family to help on halloween night. This last season, (2008) with the help of word of mouth, and being located close to two busy streets, I would have to say I had nearly 200 people scream there way through my front and back yard before exiting toward my neighbors house.
There is nothing more precious than the sound of that five year old girl screaming at the top of her lungs "i want to go home, i want to go home" as her parent carries her toward the end. it just make me feel all warm inside knowing that we have done a good job. Some people said that my yard scared them more than the Jaycee's production did, and they did not even have to pay to go to mine.
So if you have read this far, you can tell that I think halloween is the best holiday of the year. I wish i would win the lottery so i could buy a place and work on props and sets year round.
I am looking forward toward this years haunt show in St. Louis and meeting others in the industry. I am going to the darkness's light on and full production too. drop me a line if you want to chat.

naberhoodhaunts
02-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Hello everyone!!! My name is Joseph Naber. I'm 44 and I do a home haunt. I have been doing it for some years now. I love to hear people scream. Some day i would like to go pro . I live in Henrietta ny. I have been working a Nightmare Manor the last couple of years to get an inside look to the business. Someday my dream will come but until then i keep having fun with my little haunt.

DollFacexHorror
02-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Hello,

Name: Kori
Age 23

I joined this industry working volunteer for a haunt out of pontiac michigan and now plan helping full time with my fiancees haunt hes is a coowner to a haunt out of Davison Michigan. My nickname is structured around the haunt persona I'm going for this year. Can't wait to get more aquainted with all of ya
________
Lincoln L-head V12 engine picture (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Lincoln_L-head_V12_engine)

mindtumor
02-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Hello,

Name: Kori
Age 23

I joined this industry working volunteer for a haunt out of pontiac michigan and now plan helping full time with my fiancees haunt hes is a coowner to a haunt out of Davison Michigan. My nickname is structured around the haunt persona I'm going for this year. Can't wait to get more aquainted with all of ya

Hey I know you. Lindsay is on here too once in awhile.

DollFacexHorror
02-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Hey I know you. Lindsay is on here too once in awhile.

Whats lindseys name on here?
________
vapor genie review (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/vapor-genie)

mindtumor
02-10-2009, 06:49 AM
Its mrs_boo. I am surprised she didn't pick dancing fairy dust or something but she choose mrs_boo.

DollFacexHorror
02-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Its mrs_boo. I am surprised she didn't pick dancing fairy dust or something but she choose mrs_boo.
lol that's funny I can just hear the tone of how your saying that
________
buy vapormatic (http://www.vaporshop.com/vapormatic-vaporizer.html)

Jim Warfield
02-11-2009, 01:19 AM
1959 "House on Haunted Hill"!!!
I loved the simplistic 1950's attitude toward the supernatural, "Ghosts killing someone", ex cetra.

Haunts of Richmond
02-11-2009, 10:12 PM
I don't think I've introduced myself... my name is Ryan and I work for Scott and Sandi Bergman - owners and operators of Haunts of Richmond Ghost Tours and Blood Lake Haunted House in Richmond, Virginia.

I'm 27 years old... and just moved to the Richmond area last year. I contacted Scott when he was in the process of closing his year round downtown haunt and moving to a new location (ghost tours are now run out of the Edgar Allan Poe museum downtown)... thus Blood Lake Haunted House was born.

I help work on marketing, design, and build during the offseason... and then I'm in charge of the outdoor operations (parking, box office, queue, etc.) during the show.

Last year was the first for Blood Lake... and we're working very hard to create this haunted house as the best and scariest in the area!

PumpkinGIRL
02-14-2009, 05:32 PM
HEy Everyone, I'm Jamie, I'm Pumpkingirl In the rotting flesh radio chat room and I have the same name on here imagine that. I have been in the industry since I was fourteen. I enjoy Acting and getting someone to run down a hallway or making a person laugh with a funny joke with a prop. I get pretty involed in the makeup end. I have traveled all over doing conventions and I have made it too halloween horror nights in flordia and I had the oppurtuinty to be with industry professionals and make some good friends. I will answer any questions you have, about my experiences.

You can contact me at badpumpk13@aol.com
or you can Instant message me at badpumpkin13.

damon carson
02-14-2009, 11:10 PM
Welcome pumpkin girl. Nice to hear from a girl who is interested in the macabre. What part of Illinois are you from? Pm me on here if you like I would like to know more of what you do far as haunting ect. Are you going Transworld in St.louis this year?
Damon

Bobocyko
02-22-2009, 08:38 AM
I'm not really new, but its been forever since I've logged on. Well now that I have time back, I've returned, a much more mature and experienced haunter than once before. Its good to be back.

rauker
02-27-2009, 10:22 AM
Rich Auker
Hometown: Altoona, Pa

Trying to start up a Haunt in my area for Charity. The money will go to education and research for children with heart defects, which my 15month old son has. He has had 2 surgeries at Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh and will under go another at the end of the summer. Hopefully that will be the last until he is an adult. Every 15mins a baby is born in the US with a congenital heart defect (CHD). Thousands of hese children do not survive past their 1st birthday. My son, Jordan, is one of the lucky ones and I thank God and the staff at Children's Hospital. Jordan is leading a pretty normal life right now, you wouldn't even know he has CHD. I thought this would be a great venue to raise money for my cause. Any help from you all would be deeply appreciated as I am starting from scratch. There are no haunts in my area except for some small backyard haunts and a church that centers around religion. The closest is about 45 mins to an hour away. This is why I know this would work out. I'm trying to raise money for the haunt with sponsoships but need some assistance in that area greatly. Thanks.

Loud &twisted
02-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Rich Auker
Hometown: Altoona, Pa

Trying to start up a Haunt in my area for Charity. The money will go to education and research for children with heart defects, which my 15month old son has. He has had 2 surgeries at Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh and will under go another at the end of the summer. Hopefully that will be the last until he is an adult. Every 15mins a baby is born in the US with a congenital heart defect (CHD). Thousands of hese children do not survive past their 1st birthday. My son, Jordan, is one of the lucky ones and I thank God and the staff at Children's Hospital. Jordan is leading a pretty normal life right now, you wouldn't even know he has CHD. I thought this would be a great venue to raise money for my cause. Any help from you all would be deeply appreciated as I am starting from scratch. There are no haunts in my area except for some small backyard haunts and a church that centers around religion. The closest is about 45 mins to an hour away. This is why I know this would work out. I'm trying to raise money for the haunt with sponsoships but need some assistance in that area greatly. Thanks.

Get in contact with spookhaven they might be able to help out.

rauker
03-01-2009, 10:44 AM
Thanks very much!!!!

Don_OfThe_Dead
03-14-2009, 10:00 PM
Name: Nickel Tex
Where: Blood Lake Haunted House - Richmond, Virginia

Working with Scott Bergman [Head Haunter], Sandi Bergman [Ghost Host], and Ryan Sligh [MC Terror] - I, Sir Nickel [Don of the Dead], supervise all functions inside of the haunt. Where the actors scare customers for entertainment, I scare actors(indeed all personal) to ensure everyone stays safe, in control, and in character so the haunt runs smoothly.
A newcomer to the society of haunting, I've spent time stage managing everything from theater to burlesque productions. When not in season I dedicate my time to promoting the haunt, organizing meetings and labor, and maintain contact with all cast/crew to create a dedicated strike force of zombies to terrorize Richmond!
My free time consists for hosting independent radio shows, playing my bagpipes, taking care of my bees, riding my motorcycle hither and dither,breaking woman's hearts, and urban exploration.

voodoo willy
03-23-2009, 07:06 AM
Hello everyone

I have been a lurker here for some time now and I've decided to throw my hat in the ring. I've been doing research for a couple of years now and think I'm about ready to make the plunge into the industry as a haunted attraction owner.

name: Ronnie
owner of : Voodoo Willy's Smokehut
vices: way too many to list here.

FablesStudios
03-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Hello all,

My name is Peter T. I own Fables Studios. I started working at a local haunt when I was in grade school. During High school I helped build sets and started messing around with SPFX (not the company). I helped my friend’s sound business by building stages and running lighting for concerts and help recording. I am 24 now and have been working on a business plan for 2 ½ years for my haunt. I formed my company last year in 08’. I will keep everyone posted as things progress. I hope to meet and talk with everyone soon!

Peter Tomeczko
Fables Studios
www.FablesStudios.com
www.myspace.com/fablesstudiosllc

wickedfarmer
03-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Name Mark Benjamin AKA Wicked farmer
Age 43
6th generation farmer in same township; Williamston Michigan

Corn maze designer/operator/owner since 2001 haunter since 2003. First couple years of haunting were simple startles with decent costumes behind corn stalks. Went to seperate haunted trail through corn several years ago and now a respectable production. My corn maze is known more than haunt...detail to design flow brings customers back. Haunt features several small shacks along 1/3 mile long trail through corn as well as several Scarefactory "giant" props in the past. ..and many other scenes. After customers go home at night I jump onto a tractor or combine for another few hours. Haunt season is also fall harvest ; 100-110 work weeks is norm.
A few guys who atteneded the "haunting in corn" seminar in St. Louis spotted my corn maze shirt and started talking to me..asking questions. After a couple minutes they claimed they learned more from me in a few minutes than they did at the 45 minute seminar. Details as path building, shack construction, layout and so on was what they were after from seminar and I quote ;"not dumpster diving adventures". Have designed for hire...but please don't take persoanal if you ask and I simply don't respond as planting season is staring me in face.
website www.bestmaze.com

Badger
04-02-2009, 07:51 AM
Hi Everyone!

The name's Badger. I enjoy long walks on the beach, travel, and fine dining. Ha ha, no...:p

I've been designing haunted houses since third grade and have had a lifelong love for Halloween. Found out about this site via the Chat Graveyard.

Since 2002, I have been an actor at Scarowinds in Charlotte NC. Scarowinds is the Halloween version of Carowinds Theme Park. In 2008, we had 11 mazes and scare zones, and nearly 400 actors. Last season I began training the actors in two differnent mazes and both were voted "Best of" in the park. This year I hope to become the head trainer for all the mazes.

I also organize and run the annual Charlotte Zombie Walk (on World Zombie Day this year). Some of you may have heard me on "Rotting Flesh Radio" conducting interviews or doing commercials. I hope to one day be as in-demand as Dick Terhune. I'm glad to be here and look forward to hanging out for awhile...

screamparkgrant
04-02-2009, 06:50 PM
My turn.
My name is Grant Landon and I am the marketing director for Screampark in Lexington Kentucky. The haunt industry is very new to me, and my good friend Tyler has been an incredible help over the past several months. Wouldn't be here without him!

Nightgore
04-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Woot woot.... (raises roof)... -Tyler

Fear Unfathomed
04-07-2009, 01:20 AM
Name: Lauren Lobosky (however, Jim calls me "January" - I'll let him explain that one)
Halloween Occupation: Monster/occasional technician
Where: The Darkness

Like all of you, I've had a fascination with Halloween since I was young but I never did too much about it until I joined The Darkness this past season as a monster. As a result, I met Kip and ended up helping him out with the animatronics and such during the off-season to help get the house ready for TW. I was the lucky one who got to flip the power on every 45 seconds during the tour and I got the privilege of wearing the doll face mask in the bedroom on Saturday night. I was also one of the girls who gave birth to a zombie for Distortions during TW. I'm majoring in aerospace engineering and am seriously considering letting my engineering degree take me the Halloween route. I enjoy acting but I love working behind the scenes with the animatronics and am hoping to get into it more this season.

zombiehorror
04-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Hello all, I'm your average Joe nobody-home haunter, Erin Crigger from Wright City, Mo. Was lucky enough to attend Transworld and it's really got me amped for the coming season. I found this forum and several others on haunting since the Transworld show and hope to learn as much new knowledge as possible for use in mediocre home (front yard) haunt.

Pemjack
04-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Hi, my name is Pete Follo. I'm just now getting into the beginning stages of the haunt industry. I'm from the Flint Michigan area, where the economy really sucks, but I am determined to give this a whirl. I am going to Hauntcon, and hopefully will get a chance to meet a lot of other haunters. Thanks for reading. Pete

HMS Sean
04-14-2009, 03:12 PM
My name is Sean McCartney and I work for Moneris Solutions...I have talked with many folks in your industry over the past couple months and I am really excited about helping as many of you as possible with your payment processing needs now and in the future...I already have signed up quite a few haunters and I am looking to help more...Whether you need help with Web payments, wireless terminals, virtual terminals, standard terminals or on line check acceptance...I can and will help you get set up with a solution to all of your web, wholesale, haunt and event needs...Look for my banner on this site and my ad in the June Mag...My focus this year is helping the Haunt industry and I am really looking forward to it...Give me a call or email me for more info...

thanks!

Sean McCartney
866-754-7449
smccartney@hbms.com

Logerton
04-15-2009, 04:39 PM
I am 24 years old and a graduate from the University of Central Florida, most importantly, I am a Halloween fanatic! This is due partly to the general awesomeness of the holiday and partly to the fact that I was born on Halloween. From as far back as I can remember Halloween has been a big part of my life. Every year my parents would go all out and try to give me a birthday that I could remember. I went to a small private school from kindergarten to 7th grade and they allowed my folks to host a Halloween Costume party in my classroom every year. It was so much fun and I always looked forward to dressing up and seeing all of the Halloween decorations and party favors. Also, by pure coincidence, my school loved Halloween as well, so every year they would turn their classrooms into a Haunted House full of fun and exciting scares! Well, this instilled into me a passion for Halloween and Haunted Houses.

Last year I hosted a successful Halloween party and realized what my passion in life is. For the past few months I have been tirelessly researching the haunt industry trying to learn as much as possible. I have been purchasing the Hauntworld magazine which I find an invaluable source of information. Reading articles written by actual haunters is amazing as it is both fun and informative. I have also read ‘So You Want to be A Haunt Entrepreneur’ by Kelly Allen another source I find to be invaluable. I plan on going back to school for Stage Craft. In doing so, I hope to gain the knowledge and skills necessary for stage craft which I will use to gain employment at one of the local haunted houses in my area. However, it is my ultimate goal to one day open a haunted house all my own. Every day I try to fill my notebook with ideas of themes and scares as well as important information related to the haunt industry. By the time I’m 35, it is my hope to have successfully owned and operated my very own haunt!

Thank you very much for reading this and getting to know a little bit about me. I have recently registered to the Hauntworld forums and will be getting to know as many of you as possible! I look forward to exchanging thoughts and ideas about the haunt industry and making new friends.

Thanks again and Happy Haunting!

Michael A. Logsdon

Feel free to contact me via logerton@gmail.com

P.S. You can read my full bio as I am a registered 'guest' on Hauntworld with the same name as logerton. I have posted some pictures and video of my various haunting exploits. Check it out and let me know what you think.

drkside77
04-15-2009, 09:50 PM
My name is Elliot. Ive worked at Hundred Acres Manor in Pittsburgh for about 3 years. I'm just getting into the industry part of it all and I don't know allot of people (but I hope to change that). 18, graduating from high school in a month and trying to go to school for theater. I have an interest in makeup, and I also would love to do some designing one day. Uhm, Ive hit my head off a drop door once (not using it in the manner in which drop doors are used by normal sensible people), I took care of actors in the house for one night, did I mention Im still learning? Thats about me in a nutshell :)

Drjkyll
04-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Hey everyone! My name is Michael Edwards and I became a semi-professional haunter back in 1989 after meeting Lance Pope back when Thrillvania was just Haunted Verdun Manor. (Though I will admit to building my own haunted house in my parent's house when I was 7 - if you count a lot of sheet mazes and creepy music... HEY... I was 7!!)

Anyhow, I worked on a bunch of March of Dimes Haunted Houses during my High School years - 78-82 - where I was pretty much self taught and learned how make effects that actually looked good, while utilizing zero budget. After meeting Lance in 89 I opted to quit my full time job and move out to the property behind HVM (well, actually Lance and I stayed IN the manor that first year then bought a trailer the next). Over the next three years as Assistant Director of HVM, Lance pretty much taught me everything I know about the the HH industry (which was but a fledgling at the time) as well as better ways to bring my ideas to life. It was an awesome time, making a living working in my dream environment with the best teacher anyone could ever ask for (being that Lance is STILL the undisputed king of the HH industry, even so many years after his passing).

In 1992, I opted to leave for various reasons. It was a decision I still regret, but I did it just the same. A couple of years later I was hired as a consultant / designer / builder for SCREAMS in Waxahachie, TX, where I stayed on for another three years (and where I met my wife).

Afte that I pretty much fell away from the business. But my wife can attest to the fact that it never left my system. Of course, I always talked about HVM and Lance.

In 2001 I moved out to Fate, TX... which was only 20 minutes from HVM (now Thrillvania). I made it a point to go see Lance to let him know I was close and within 15 minutes he asked me if I would consider coming back to work with him. It only took me 0.15 seconds to tell him YES! So I finally came back home.

Sadly, that was the only year I was able to work with him as he passed away shortly after that season ended. I still remember getting the call and thinking it was a joke. Needless to say, I still miss my friend. I'm only thankful that I was able to work with him for one last year.

I stayed on at Thrillvania for two more seaons, but things had changed too much. A lot of the fun was gone, and attitudes kind of went sour. People who had been friends for years fell away from each other. So I decided to retire for good so I could spend more time with my family. I had a new baby girl and wanted to be home.

Flash forward to 2007. I got a call that one of my good friends from Thrillvania was building a new haunt less than 10 minutes from my house. I met Bart (Butler) out at what was to become THE HAUNT HOUSE and he took me on the tour of the then empty building. I was floored by his ideas, but even more by his enthusiasm. It almost felt like I was talking to Lance. Even better, My best friend from Thrillvania (Hobbes LeCompte) was helping out so I started to get the itch.

He got the house open that year and got rave reviews, but still I only stopped by to check it out. I was very impressed. The next year I ended up spending several nights 'just hangin around' and again was impressed by how much he had improved the house. But still, I didn't really get that involved.

Well, it is now 2009 and things have really changed. I was talked out of retirement and am now a full-fledged working member of THE HAUNT HOUSE. And let me tell you, it is the best decision I have ever made since leaving HVM so many years ago. Working with Bart and Hobbes (who oddly enough after 20 years of friendship is about to become my brother in law...) is a terrific experience. It reminds me of what it was like working back at HVM back in the old days. The fun is there, the spirit is there and the creativity is there in spades! I'm looking forward to a long relationship with THE HAUNT HOUSE!!!

Anyhow - that's me in a nutshell!

mrskeleton
04-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Hello HauntWorld

I have been on HW about 2 years or so, posting occasionally, mostly in reply to Bucky Skeleton related posts.

My name is Jeff Nix - Atlanta Ga - Operator of www.MrSkeleton.com. You can easily search this term on HW to review our other posts. I was an original “home haunter” in my youth and now am involved with developing innovative products for Halloween and related industries.

MrSkeleton is a manufacturer/distributor of anatomically correct plastic reproduction skeletons. Formerly we collaborated with ACC to bring back the discontinued Bucky line. We followed through with Skeleton store, who now markets much of our same product line under the previous ACC name “Bucky Boneyard’. Our two companies are no longer affiliated, rather friendly competitors operating in the same general markets with some variants.

Mrskeleton.com is currently a wholesale supplier only but during 2009, we will be *marketing* our line directly to the end user.

Many of you have inquired along the way about the retail haunter launch date and we appreciate your continued patience and interest. If you’ve not yet joined the conversation, please visit http://www.mrskeleton.com/GB-Intro.html and sign up for our haunter study as we are using your input to assemble our retail effort. You can also subscribe to our notification list so that when retail does launch, you’ll receive instant updates.

The product line is ever expanding with an emphasis on high quality skeleton reproductions. We’ll continue to redesign old favorites to improve quality and functionality as well as introduce new items like our versa-skull and new 3 piece skull series.

Thanks for your time and come see us at MrSkeleton.com
Jeff Nix
678-776-8861
JeffNix@gmail.com

http://www.mrskeleton.com/sitebuilder/images/mr-skeleton-on-black-edit2-508x103.jpg

grendelsden
04-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Hi everyone. Some of you know me but for those who don't:

My name is Dave Christman and I'm the owner and operator of Grendel's Den Design Studio (http://www.GrendelsDen.net), a digital design studio based in Philadelphia that's been in business for about ten years. I'm a graphic designer, web developer, illustrator and event deejay (under the name Dave Ghoul - http://DaveGhoul.com). I cater to a lot of different types of industries including music, horror, film and now the haunted attraction industry. You can visit my site for all of the services offered and examples of my work.

I also operate Philly Frights (http://PhillyFrights.com (http://phillyfrights.com/)) which covers spooky-type news and information from the Philadelphia region. And I'm one of the organizers of the Philly Zombie Crawl and Zombie Prom (http://phillyzombiecrawl.com), both of which have a working relationship with Eastern State Penitentiary's Terror Behind The Walls make-up group.

I've been involved with haunted attractions in some form or another since the late 80's but fell out of it for a short time. Now I'm making a push back into it.

I look forward to participating on this board and hope to learn some new things and meet some new people.

HauntChris
04-30-2009, 08:51 PM
Hello! My name is Chris Riccardo, and I am the owner of GorePit website. Gorepit.net is the newest site which opened on January 9, 2009. We have a great, friendly community with over 11,000 posts on our forums.

We are always welcome to anyone visit Gorepit.net! And, would love to see some new people to join our community! ;)

Enter The GorePit (http://gorepit.net)

ghostess
05-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Hello! My name is Chris Riccardo, and I am the owner of GorePit website. Gorepit.net is the newest site which opened on January 9, 2009. We have a great, friendly community with over 11,000 posts on our forums.

We are always welcome to anyone visit Gorepit.net! And, would love to see some new people to join our community! ;)

Enter The GorePit (http://gorepit.net)

Really, I thought a guy named Joe owned that site?

Hauntiholik
05-08-2009, 08:16 AM
Hello, my name is Heather and I'm a Hauntiholik :)

Kelly Anderson
05-18-2009, 07:25 PM
Im Kelly Anderson, owner and operator of HauntYourHouse.NET . I've been involved in the haunt industry for almost 7 years.

A friend of mine asked me to help out in a haunt called the House of Shadows which was put on by the Boys & Girls Club of Sparta Wisconsin. I initially helped just to build a room in the 3 leveled building, formerly an infirmery for the Wisconsin State Child Center in Sparta. I was so amazed at the lengths that people would go to scare people. Being able to build this crazy stuff quickly grew on me. I then found my self working as a goul in the haunt. It was very hard to stay in charactor when all I wanted to do was laugh at our guest as they were getting so freaked out. I'll admit Im probably not the greatest actor, even after 6 seasons. But I really love designing and buliding rooms within the haunt. It didnt take long at all before I was the one that my mentors were coming to for advice. I wrote a page on some of the rooms I designed and built and posted it to my website www.hauntyourhouse.net. The page is titled "The Haunted House".

After about 3 seasons, my passion for working in the haunt fueled me to want to start my own business as a retailer of Halloween and haunted house supplies. Its has been a nonstop learning experience; very challenging. Currently my site, www. hauntyourhouse.net is going through a full make over and I hope to have the new site up and running buy late summer.

But I really love to set up haunts. Ive met so many great people in the industry, I'm sure to meet many more here. I hope to learn as much as I can from you all and maybe throw some ideas your way as well.

Thanks much for reading,

Kelly Anderson

HauntYourHouse.NET

Lcox
06-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Lucas Cox here. Hauntworld newbie. We run a seasonal business in Centreville VA, greenhouse/garden center in spring, small vegetable production and retail in summer, Christmas tree retail in winter, and a large Fall festival/pumpkin patch in the fall. We have been talking about doing a haunted attraction for quite some time, it will actually happen this year!
Spring season is winding down so i need to kick fall into full gear. We are jumping into our haunt head first. We'll have a hayride, a trail in the corn and a corral area with a giant slide, fire, food, etc. Although we are very successful with our daytime fall festival, we have never done a haunt so I will be posting questions like crazy for the next couple months. I look forward to getting your advice and thank you for it in advance. We are ready to rock and roll!

The Forsaken Crypt
06-14-2009, 04:18 PM
Name: Matt Colton
Where: Lancaster, NY

I am owner and designer of the garage haunt "The Forsaken Crypt". We do this every year and accept donations for charity organizations. Now a little about me, I really enjoy horror and scaring people out of their socks. Ever since I was 5 I have always loved making haunted houses. Especially back in the days when we had nothing but a skeleton and some sheets. Every year by myself since I was 9 I would decorate my garage on a very tight budget. All the people going in came out happy and entertained. As years went by I assembled a team and a higher budget and we aim to continue growing untill it can't grow any more. In the years to come were will be going professional but for now I enjoy entertaining and horrifiying the neighbor hood folk. Please check out website at http://www.freewebs.com/foresakencrypt/ if you are interested or in the area!

Frightmares
06-15-2009, 02:32 PM
Test post Larry is tring to set up account for me

HauntedPhantom
06-20-2009, 04:10 PM
I'm Casey, fairly new to this forum and also to home haunting. I don't have enough time to make home haunting my life, like some of the people posting on here, because I'm currently a full-time college student. I live in Austin, TX and drop in here when I get a chance because I regularly find helpful information. Thanks for that!

HauntedDestinFL
06-25-2009, 04:18 PM
Chris D
Destin, FL
Age 37

Hi everyone. New to HW, but I have to say we are enjoying itvery much. My wife and I just got into hauntinga few years back, and I have say we are loving it.

BarbieHaunt
06-28-2009, 02:06 AM
I'm just another haunter, new to HauntWorld, and with a bizarre sense of humor.

I've already explained this in my signature and in a thread we started, but the username BarbieHaunt is not related to Barbie dolls. Instead, it was our private joke name for the haunt. Why? Because the haunt reminds us of a Barbie Dream Haunt before its pastel pink and blue styrofoam walls are hard coated and painted.

And I have already received an enormous amount of useful information from many of you and am very grateful.

hauntedghost
06-28-2009, 06:44 AM
hello everone...

I come in to this weird but fun world of ours on 3-14-85 and it's been fun so far. now jump a few years.. I started my every first job as an actor at a haunted house and been doing it sicne then. That was back in sept. 2001 and now it's 2009 this fall will be 9 years and it's been good. my wife started in 04' and has been doing it up in tell now and she is the only woman to work more years than any other woman at this haunt. all the girls here would flak out on us every year. as an actor i have work the ups and downs and the ins and outs of a haunt. i have seen the bad and good too. i have been on news papers and on tv too. so after many years of working there. I will leave some time in the next two to three years and start my own. but in the mean time i will work there up in tell that time comes.

yes i know i have given so much to this haunt but i want to fly on my own and see how it is. I also have seen some things that this haunt do. they make there haunt actors feel like crap and they are back stabers too. i have tryed to talk to them and it goes no were. when you give them your ideas. they will give no cedit to you or to that person at all. i can go on and on about this part but you know the idea..

as in my own life besides haunted house stuff i like to have fun and my real job is working at a security officer and NO i am not a mall cop. my true fav. car is a hearse.. but i don't have one at this time. By the way i live in Idaho. i am about 25 miles from boise and no i don't have to drive 100 miles to get to a walmart and yes i do like potatos..... I have been married close to 2 years and i am sorry to all you nice ladys out there but i am taken... i like talking to people who is in the same things i am in but i like to talk to people who have diffrent ideas and sees the world in a weird way like how i see it. OR all at the same time.

any ways i have been talking to long and i will talk to you later. hopefully i will talk to you soon!!

HG

Phantom Foundry
06-30-2009, 01:43 PM
I've already posted a longer version of this in "Products, Vendors, and Industry Issues", but most of the action seems to be here in this forum. ;) I'm leaving out the shameless plugs, but if you want more info, see this thread:
http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_house_forums/showthread.php?p=71364#post71364

My name is Valerie Beteag, co-owner of Phantom Foundry Productions, a costume and prop company currently based in Atlanta. We specialize in high-quality, handmade costumes and props for the haunted attraction industry, as well as Mardi Gras, Ren Faires, etc.
My husband, John, and I have been in the haunt industry as designers/techs for several years. We met a lot of you guys at MHC a few weeks ago, and we wanted to introduce ourselves here on the forums.

We would LOVE to hear any suggestions for costumes you might like to see. What's made you say: "Man, I wish someone would make a _______". We want to make what you guys want to buy!

Demon_of_your_Darkness
07-01-2009, 01:35 AM
Name: Danny Decker

All who are interested in learning more about another young one in the industry keep reading. I am officially talking now as the "voice of Frightworld" in Buffalo New York. I've been on board with Eerie Productions for years now as a kid who loved halloween and who researched the industry at such an age of 13. I felt like, and no offense to any one, but that my knowledge to the industry was equivalent to those who have been professionally in the business for years. I read magazines, blogs, watched video's etc. and that I did! However didn't know jack about business and what it took to create a unique event for thousands during the horror season. So threw out my volunteered hours of learning and creating such a monsterous event in Buffalo and being apart of a successful growing and premier screampark in the area I am very glad and bless I learned what I did. Some of you may have seen me at such conventions stuck to the side of Ron Doherty or Jason Anderson (the creators of Frightworld) threw out the years. I went to learn and to get great ideas for our show here in the snow capital of the world. Growing up with shows such as Are You Afraid Of The Dark, Goosebumps, and even the old school horror movies I always would surround myself with horror. Was I mocked at school for placing myself in these genres? You bet your ass but its funny how many friends you make during September and October.

How I started here at Frightworld as a complete stranger and yet "enemy from our now competition" was a very interesting story and so has my journey to where I am today with the industry. I would love to talk more but I'd rather get my info out and say "HI!" to everyone and introduce myself. So from now on I am, like I said before, "The Voice Of Frightworld America's Screampark" from Buffalo New York. I know most vendors and some haunt owners but I'd love to meet more and just talk Halloween. Happy Haunting and good luck in the 2009 season to all!

verdunwolfgirl
07-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Name: Misti Bennett
Haunt: Thrillvania Thrill Park
Position: Verdun Werewolf & Management Staff

I've been at Thrillvania for 6 years now.

Currently, I've been added to the management team amongst other creative duties around the haunt.

Haunting has become my life and my passion!

Lance Pope is my professional hero. He was a creative genius and continues daily to teach me new things through the work he has already done and stories from his friends and family.

In non-haunt related stuff, I'm a professional student - meaning, I have no idea what I want to major in because I'm fascinated by so much. My 'real' boring job is a Tech Support Agent for a company called CSC. Basically, I offer tech support via email and goof off all day on haunt related sites and Facebook. ;)

Brutal Industries
07-02-2009, 01:55 PM
Name: Travis Magee
Company: Brutal Industries

Hello everyone. My name is Travis and I am a graphic artist. I am a graduate from The Art Institute of Dallas. Ive worked for a couple of ad agency's and design studios in the past and started freelancing in 1998. Earlier this year my business partner and I started Brutal Industries. We specialize in hardcore graphic design, web design, photography, video production, custom props, and more.

My passion for haunted houses began as a young teen. The adrenaline rush of being scared and never knowing if you are going to make it out alive just gave me a rush like no other. When it was all said and done you could laugh with your friends the whole way home. There are not too many things like it in the world. I was very familiar with all of the local haunts but wanted to see what else was out there. Once I learned of other haunts like Rocky Point Haunted House, Netherworld, The Darkness, etc... it really opened my eyes to a whole new world. I purchased every HauntWorld VHS, subscribed to HauntWorld and Haunted Attraction Magazine, and attended every HauntCon for the past 5 years and recently my first Transworld. I became totally consumed in learning everything I could about this industry and I love every bit of it.

There are some great competition out there but I am striving to be the very best this industry has to offer and completely stand by my work.