PDA

View Full Version : The Darkness, Lemp, Creepyworld 2011 Renovation Thread

drfrightner
11-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Okay follow this thread right here for all the renovation information and photos for Lemp and The Darkness. We will do Darkness first and Lemp second. We are going to start on November 8th.

Much will be done during IAAPA tearing out old scenes. Already talking to vendors about the products I need.

We will also update you on tour information HERE!

Here is the details so far...

March 9th (WED) : Behind the scenes tour of Darkness and Lemp. You come to one then drive down the street and go see the other. This will be one price for both events. 7 to 10pm. Limited to 350 people.

March 10th (THURSDAY): The Darkness with actors. 7:30pm to 11:30pm. Like last year groups will enter darkness SLOW and will be limited to 600 people.

March 11th (FRIDAY): Lemp Brewery will open with actors. 7:30pm to 11:30pm limited to 800 people. ONE NIGHT ONLY.

March 12th (SATURDAY): The Darkness will open with actors. 7:30pm to 11:30pm limited to 600 people. LAST NIGHT.

We will start selling tickets first week of January 2011.

Last year we limited the behind the scenes tour and it sold out, we did NOT sell more. One of the two days of Darkness SOLD OUT we did not sell anymore tickets. All early time slots both nights SOLD OUT we did not sell more tickets for those times.

We will stay with the timed ticket to help us put people in teh attraction at a slow pace.

We are going to sell all the events seperate. We'll also sell a ticket for all of the events on one ticket.

FOLLOW THE RENOVATIONS AND UPDATES HERE!!!

LOOK FOR PHOTOS starting NEXT WEEK! This year we'll try doing video updates as well ...

Larry

drfrightner
12-02-2010, 01:55 AM
We are STILL finding it very difficult to get this thign going... I have been down to the Darkness about 5 or 6 times for meetings going over idea's blah, blah and still we haven't really started on much.

We have some really big plans building an animated elevator with CGI effects we met about that today for like 3 hours... I think Kip is going to help build the elevator and I think he's pretty excited about doing it.

Our 3D haunt is almost ready to start ... I think we'll start painting it in a couple days. Terror Visions will be SUPER COOL... I think you'll all love it!

We took out the mirror room its gone and has already been rewalls soup to nuts... we are adding a scene sorta, and upgrading others. I'm also having an animated silicone clown greeter made for the que line.

Terror Visions will be the first done... Haven't really started on Darkness yet because we are finishing Terror Visions while we pow wow about how we are going to pull off everything we are doing. We keep doing drawings after drawings trying to get things just right.

I also talked to Brainstorm today about making a new website for the haunt tour... that will go up on January 5th which is when the tickets will go on sale. Everything will be limited.

We are going to frame out a bunch of stuff this week and next week we'll actually start filming our foam carving video.

Larry

drfrightner
12-03-2010, 01:42 AM
I have not really seen any 3D haunts other than the ones we've built for other clients... I saw the one Netherworld had, and I saw one in Salem Mass... and I think those are the only two 3D attractions I've ever seen personally.

Netherworld got rid of their 3D many years ago... the one in Salem is still around and actually is pretty good! I liked it!

What we do with Terror Visions will really make it heads and tails better than last year... we adding something in the area of 10 animations but here is the kicker NON are really scary. I'm know you are asking yourself 'HUH what is he talking about...'.

We didn't buy any scary animations we are buying or making animations that are really comical in nature. You'll see when you see it... the whole idea is to make the entire attraction like the clowns are simply torturing everyone inside. So they are not scary, not meant to be scary and none will scare you... the animations will give the show a lot of movement and make it a complete story without actors.

You could walk through and go ... 'I get it the clowns tortured everyone, the clowns are comically demented'... then you add in the actors and there you have the scares.

We are spending about $50,000.00 upgrading an attraction that is already awesome and we didn't even spend that much to build the one at Creepyworld total which included walls and everything. This is merely an upgrade to an existing over the top awesome 3D haunted house, so those dollars will make it look like we spent several hundred thousand dollars on this one attraction.

I think all together we are spending something in the area of $200,000.00 on the renovation of Darkness and Terror Visions.

Once we are in sight of completing Darkness we'll make plans on some upgrades to Lemp Haunted House which we will also open for the Haunt Show.

All I can tell you is this... whatever you saw last year we are going over the top of that by a mile...

Rather than building out tons and mass amounts of square feet like we did last year this year we are DEFINING a very small area for renovation building well OVER THE TOP rooms which I hope make your jaw drop.

Larry

drfrightner
12-03-2010, 01:01 PM
We are STILL trying to plan out the scenes we are going to do for this haunt tour... I think we are almost there we are getting close to starting this thing full tilt.

The whole theme of the Darkness downstairs is dangerous creatures... snakes, spiders, etc.

This is why in our que line we'll have REAL dangerous animals on display.

Here are some more drawings.

Larry

drfrightner
12-08-2010, 04:07 AM
Things are NOW cooking... we have the new snake pretty much all built out we are attaching foam and will start to carve soon. Right now we are building the gator waterfalls. Our gator is being totally rebuilt by Creative Visions, and we are also have another gator built custom by Unit 70.

We got in some of our aquariums today as you can see in the photo.

The main thing we'll be doing is carving foam for the next FOUR weeks...

By January we should have the entire down stairs done.

We are ordering about 100,000 in animations, fx, and props to go ontop of the set designs we are working on. It will be awesome!

Larry

drfrightner
12-08-2010, 04:19 AM
These are NOT final drawings these are simple reference drawings of what we are building. Larry

drfrightner
12-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Okay here are MORE pictures... we are really moving along.

We are going to have several live reptiles now including a COBRA, MAMBA, GATOR, PYTHON, PIRHANA, SCORPIONS, SPIDERS you name it we got all of our tanks today. Our entire que line is filled with tanks... I think there is something along the lines of 10 or so tanks all throughout the que line.

We poured concrete today for a ramp out of our new scene, you'll also see here we are building our gator scene with all the animated gators and waterfalls.

Interesting how we are building that room... we are building the entire room out of foam... meaning NOTHING is really wood. We are using the foam like building blocks to put everything together then we'll carve it.

We put the plumbing in for the water fall and built the crypts simply by carving holes into blocks of foam. Now we are going to carve the foam down to what we want it to look like, piece it all togther, sand it and blast it with concrete.

Lastly, wanted to mention we STARTED TODAY shooting the foam carving video we are making... shot all the intros, all of the pieces between the segements, blah, blah.

So here comes a foam carving video. The first picture will be our spider cave which will feature a massive crawing spider being created by Unit 70. The last picture is the large tank which will be home to 10 flesh eating pirahna.

Larry

drfrightner
12-14-2010, 03:51 PM
Couple things... one we are going full steam ahead. We plan on having the entire downstairs down by the end of this month... I meant we'll have all the foam carving done and we'll start spraying hard coating at that time.

We should be painting and theming the place by the middle of January.

We should have the ENTIRE downstairs done, sculpted, hard coated, painted, and themed by February. The new scenes in Terror Visions will be painted and complete by Christmas.

The only delay on that will be painting and installing some new animations and props we are buying, but even those will be done by January. Terror Visions will be DONE 110% before the end of January, as will the whole downstairs of Darkness. We are building ONE scene upstairs, and it will take some time but we'll start building that out by next week.

I predict the WHOLE ENTIRE PLACE will be done by February 1st which will give us about a month or so to work on Lemp.

Larry

drfrightner
12-14-2010, 04:01 PM
Couple other things...

1) As last year you'll get to see from start to finish through photos how we built everything. When you come to the tour you'll understand the process much better.

2) The rooms we are building especially downstairs will be the best scenes we've ever built... this things will be 110% over the top!

3) We are already shooting 'How to Foam Carve your Haunted House' we've already shot like two hours of footage... in fact shot a ton more today. The dvd will show you how to carve rocks, caves, and other things. I've included a VERY ROUGH outline for a box cover. This DVD will be available by February because the foam carving would have been done by mid-January.

4) We are also making a SECOND version of how to detail your haunted house... that dvd will come out at the show itself. Again the foam carving dvd will come out in February. The second version of the detail video will show you how we paint and theme caves, and build and detail a basement.

5) Here is an image of the Darkness logo... the main monster in all of our logos... we are turning him into a MASSIVE monster animated. He will be featured in the Darkness.

6) Feel free to ask your questions and make comments, however remember just like last year as we get deeper into the process we'll delete most of them leaving the trail of start to finish photos.

7) Tickets should go on sale by the first week of January. We hope to have Darkness complete by February and we'll have at least a month and a half to work on Lemp. We plan on making vast improvements to both attractions.

8) Lastly on Darkness we don't just plan on building new scenes... no no no ... there is about $125,000.00 in FX going into the attraction, which will be the HIGHLIGHT of the NIGHT! A TOP SECRET ANIMATIONS we are building, video fx, sound fx, and much more. More on all that coming soon.

Thanks
Larry

drfrightner
12-17-2010, 11:30 PM
Here are some updates... as I've already stated many times the tickets will go on sale after the new year. We are proud to bring back as a sponsor Interactive Ticketing.

There will be FOUR EVENTS...

Wed - Behind the Scenes Tour of the new Darkness and Lemp Brewery. Same night tour both places. $100.00 Camera's allowed, video allowed same as last year. You will get to see The Darkness and all of its new scenes plus the 3D haunt plus roam around in the Lemp Brewery. Limited to 350 people PERIOD!

Thursday: Darkness with Actors. No cameras no video with fog. $50.00

Friday: Lemp Brewery with actors. No cameras no video with fog. $40.00

Saturday: Darkness with actors. No cameras no video with fog. $50.00

The Darkness tours are LIMITED to 600 people PER NIGHT! PERIOD! Last year the Saturday sold out and we refused to sell more tickets. We are putting HUGE gaps between groups something like 2 minutes plus. The Darkness will be so detailed that we already know people will stand around and look at everything. So we have to do it this way.

The Lemp haunt will be limited to 800 people total and you will go through just like normal customers with about a 1 minute gap between each group. Lemp is not nearly as detailed as Darkness but the setting is one of the best you've ever seen in your life!

Lastly here are some more photos.

And yes that is someone carving foam with a weed eater.

Larry

drfrightner
12-17-2010, 11:36 PM
Here are some more pictures... I will explain some of the photos to you.

One you are looking at what will be a waterfall into the pirahna tank which will be featured in our LIVE animal area inside the que line.

The second picture shows you where most of the reptiles will go including a COBRA, MAMBA, 20 foot plus Python, scorpions, spiders and more.

The next photo shows how its like winter wonderland... we are cutting down so much foam its like and I'm not JOKING ummm 3 feet think on the ground.

The last picture shows another peak at the new Terror Visions.... we've been enhancing some of the scenes like in the eye room we are adding tons of smaller eyes.

In Terror Visions we are adding some other new paintings but nothing is done... but it will be by the end of next week.

I'm going out of town for a bit... I will update again next Friday prior to Christmas then you won't hear from me for about a week.

Take care. Larry

drfrightner
12-22-2010, 05:58 PM
Couple more pictures...

Really not much exciting. Its going slow its a LOT of foam carving. Terror Visions will be done painting wise next week, and all the animations and props we bought will be installed two weeks later. Once that is all in I can take some cool pictures of that basically finished.

The main foam carving project is still this gator room, it will be finished end of this week probably. It won't ever look like anything until we can hard coat it and get some paint on it.

The Spider cave is going to be pretty awesome... here is a inside thing, the animated spider going in there has 18 pistons.

Yeah you heard it here first!!! LOL

Larry

drfrightner
12-23-2010, 08:14 PM
We also bought a new SCREW drive for the animations inside the attraction... its not installed yet but will be soon. It takes three phase electric ... does anyone else have a screw drive compressor?

This should help the attraction as we are adding tons more animated props and hopefully will keep us from needing to rent one during Halloween.

Lastly, here is one picture of our new basement/elevator room. Not much to see here but as before you see us go from nothing to completion. This room will be one of my favorite once its done.

Larry

drfrightner
12-24-2010, 04:50 AM
Here are a few more photos... we are still scrulpting foam! The gator room MIGHT be done in another 3 or 4 days. Then it will be onto the snake temple and that won't take but another 3 days or so...

Spider room is going in the right direction but that will take a week or two of more work.

Its all still going.

Larry

drfrightner
12-27-2010, 09:15 PM
Couple more photos... I'll update photos over the next few days but all the pictures will be camera phone pics. I have to leave town for a few days but when I get back I'll upload a ton more pictures.

We are working on the website right now trying to get it online before the first week of January.

the site to order tickets will once again be www.thedarkness.com (http://www.thedarkness.com)

Happy New Year!
Larry

drfrightner
01-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Sorry I have been away for a while... back now. This weekend we'll work on getting the tickets for sale. I'm getting TONS of emails about it ...

Here are the updates:

Website is being updated and tickets will go on sale next week.

We are picking up like 15 animations next week and will have them installed.

We are adding one additional scene to Darkness due to something not fitting where it was.

The Elevator room (new scene and animation) is basically built... we will film this room being detailed for How to Detail your Haunt 2.

Terror Visions is basically done... outside of adding the new animations we had custom made. I will get pictures soon.

We are now thinking we'll hard coat in two weeks. From there you'll see TONS OF Detail photos all of which will be on How to Detail 2.

ONE SECRET: We had a 10 foot long spider made that has 20 pistons on it its like one of the coolest animations ever built... it walks 6 feet. I will post pictures of it next month. It is awsome!!!!!!!!!

Larry

freak 'n' stein
01-05-2011, 05:27 PM
I guess I should have done my homework a little better BEFORE booking the flight and hotel, but lemme get this straight: the BTS tour is on WEDNESDAY?! A DAY BEFORE THE TRANSWORLD SHOW?? We'll be getting in by 8:40am on Thursday and be there through Sunday evening, but the WHOLE reason I went last year was for the bts tour and was really looking forward to it again this year...hence the fact I'm bringing a guest! Are you not going to have any on dates which coincide with the Transworld Show Larry? No Bueno :/

spookhaven
01-05-2011, 07:10 PM
Show opens Wednesday this year. Check out the site.

drfrightner
01-05-2011, 11:26 PM
Okay well I'm pretty upset but I won't go into that stuff right now but it stems from the work that got done and how it got done while I was gone.

Sometimes I feel like the only person with common sense. Oh well... I will be spending a GREAT DEAL of time around the haunt over the next week or so to get things on track.

We have built and nearly finished the elevator room we are building. I can only tell you it will be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

We are NOT doing any more work to this room until we are ready to detail because we are going to shoot a new how to video showing you how we detailed this room.

Anyway let me ONLY SAY THIS ONCE... the stuff we are doing at the Darkness RIGHT NOW IS ON DISNEY OR UNIVERSAL level its just over the top its simply outragous.

The animations I'm having built or the ones we are building, the effects, its all going OVER THE TOP!

We also added another new scene upstairs a small library and another new scene downstairs because we had no where to put the Impailer.

Wait until you see what we came up with for our Scarefactory Impailer... OMG! This is going to be so outragous... we are building a thrown that he will appear to be sitting on then raises up off of it. Its going to be wild.

That is a new thing as of today! LOL

Larry

drfrightner
01-05-2011, 11:30 PM
More photos... this time of Terror Visions.

We ended up not being done painting on Terror Visions because I came up with a TON more things I wanted to have done like this giant doll in a diaper and several other things.

We are installing all the animations for Terror Visions late next week and we'll really focus on TV and finalize it. I think we've spend about $30,000 upgrading Terror Visions and I think that is a ton... all just for this show.

If you thought it was good before let me only say... you haven't seen anything yet! We have DECKED OUT the que line now... we have installed funny mirrors, small mirrors, a lifeformations style talking greeter clown, blah, blah. The que line is NOW amazing! Its totally FIRST class! We are also putting in a ton more clown props, and like I said before about 10 animations all clown related. This attraction is TOTALLY STAND ALONE... I could put this thing anywhere now and compete in almost any city and its really NOTHING more than a secondary attraction add on. We can't wait to show it to ya...

Larry

drfrightner
01-06-2011, 09:47 PM
With foam you can create things you can't do otherwise, without actually doing it the old fashion way and chipping away at real rock. LOL

Here are some more pictures... this is a shot of our new library we are building which will include a CGI effect. Also another shot of the que line which is filled with mirrors and will soon have a multi motion talking greeter clown.

Also another foam picture showing a spot where a statue will rest.

Starting today we have TWO MORE foam carving guys starting who will work exclusive on the que line where the animals will go... we are also adding a ton more art to our 3D. I decided yesterday it wasn't enough so now we are adding more. We will do something SUPER cool to one hard to explain but we are going to do animated 3D artwork. REALLY hard to explain but lets just say its taking the 3D to another level.

Larry

OblivionHauntedHouse
01-10-2011, 07:29 AM
Call dock repair companies they sell or have tons of dock foam and you get that stuff CHEAP...

As for finding the artists again ALL ARTISTS in your town will visit your tons probably one and only big art supply store... I'm not talking about a freakin hobby store I'm talking about THE ART SUPPLY STORE IN YOUR TOWN for REAL painters and what not.

YOU WILL FIND people especially YOUNGER people who are just getting started which are probably the best for you because they have a lot of energy and work cheaper. LOL

Larry

Larry has a great point here. Hit up ART SUPPLY Stores and NOT hobby stores. You dont want some scrap booking housewives husband from one of the square states who THINKS hes an artist! LOL

Another great idea is to call or post at your local college's art department. A alot of students would KILL for the freedom and oppertunity to do something 'out of the norm' or what they love to do for you - and 95% of the time - they will give you everything they've got!

drfrightner
01-10-2011, 11:43 PM
Okay more pictures ... the Snake room is ALMOST DONE as you can see here. We will be hard coating this room NEXT WEEK!

I can tell you I thought this was all going so easy but now its not... this is turning out to be a FULL TIME JOB. I've been down there working like 6 or 7 days in a row.

Now I'm starting to worry about getting it done... this is a MAJOR renovation. You guys who come will not believe what we are doing.

Today we decided to build yet another scene... yeah I know we are crazy! You can also see we FINALLY started carving the animal section as well as you see everything in blue is that section... you can also see our gator is ready to go. The small blue snake is the snake that goes over the crypts in the snake room.

Larry

drfrightner
01-10-2011, 11:48 PM
Here are a few more... one of Terror Visions where you can see we added a driver to our ice cream truck. We liked the idea so much we are now creating a passenger. The passenger will be a girl all tied up and gagged...

We also air brushed the windows to make them looked really cracked.

Also here is ONE finished cobra for our new snake room. The round thing is going to be a snake statue.

I can only say if anyone leaves the darkness tour this year disappointed in the set design ummm I won't know what to say...

Larry

The Mad Hatter
01-11-2011, 12:13 AM
Dude, those snakes turned out "Bitchen" you have a great foam sculptor on your team! pay him my complements. Also, thanks for posting the progress of your construction. Its always fun to see how your team does this stuff. I encourage other haunt owners to make threads as well to show the progress of their haunts this year! This is a way we can all better this industry by sharing how we get this stuff done... pass the knowledge on!

drfrightner
01-12-2011, 03:14 PM
If you want to see a picture of the new spider animation we are going to have... become my friend on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=321966&id=690890873&saved#!/profile.php?id=690890873

Just look me up Larry Kirchner

Join me on Facebook as I'll be posting more pictures on there from here on out. I uploaded like all sorts of drawings and more ... I'll be posting them in both places.

You can also join us on Twitter as we'll be sending out daily updates there as well... join us here:
http://twitter.com/#!/Scarefest

Hop to it... see there!

Larry

drfrightner
01-14-2011, 02:46 AM
Hey folks,

AGAIN JOIN MY FACEBOOK PAGE to see the MOST PHOTOS I uploaded like 20 last night. The Darkness is going to be awesome, and I mean awesome. I don't know how many haunts out there can top what we're doing or what we have done, but all I can say is this is going over the edge at this point.

We are FINALLY in the HOME STRETCH...

Hard coating will begin on Monday night!

We picked up a ton of animations and if you want to see the Spider animation which might be the best animation I've ever seen join my facebook page.

Terror Visions is looking just unreal... we added new rooms and stuff but I wasn't happy I went back and had another ton or two more things done. This really cool thing I came up with is this clown holding balloons... wait until you see how we mount this.

Additionally Jim is building a special effect where one clown is going to shoot real firecrackers. Should be fun!

ALMOST ALL of the foam carving work is DONE!

We are about to start working on the one and only scene upstairs while we make our 'How to Detail Your Haunted House Part 2'.

We will film the whole process of the second video while building the new elevator scene.

Larry

drfrightner
01-14-2011, 02:52 AM
MAJOR CHANGES IN THE TOUR... after a LONG discussion we've decided to change the tour. We are doing this before tickets go on sale which will be THIS WEEKEND!

We are moving the behind the scenes tour to Thursday, with only one day of live actors with Lemp and one with Darkness.

Behind the Scenes Tour: Thursday night limited to 350 people

Lemp Haunted House: Friday night limited to 800 people

Darkness Haunted House: Saturday night limited to 1000 people

We have decided not to KILL ourselves opening all those nights so even though the show will suffer probably a lot in terms of scaring people, and ONLY because the haunt owners will walk through like snails looking at everything we just are well already beat up!

We are tired... we also have just been hired to build like 4 attractions.

We are STILL limiting how many people can come so if you want tickets we suggest you buy them FAST!

Again join my facebook for all the pictures!

Larry

drfrightner
01-14-2011, 06:59 PM
Tickets will go on Sale I think Monday or Tuesday. Would have been today but because we changed everything... oh well.

There will be a limited number for each event because I'm not going to kill myself... we want to do our best but I know putting everyone in one night is going to make the event not as good but still our focus is STRICTLY on showcasing the haunted house itself... the actors who work for the first time in months and months and many others who for the first time is not the main goal for this event.

We will SHOW YOU a haunted house filled with detail and fx that would rival Universal ... you'll see!

Its really coming together now. If you want a ticket MAKE SURE YOU BUY THEM QUICKLY!

Again join my facebook look up Larry Kirchner because I can upload like 20 photos at a time there... I've uploaded TONS OF THEM!

Larry

drfrightner
01-17-2011, 03:29 AM
More pictures... spent all night at Darkness finishing this DVD for foam carving. We actually did foam carving... LOL!

We did some of these things all night while we did shooting. We also have some additionally art done on Terror Visions. I think we are at a point now where we are going to clean up and start putting Terror Visions together.

The Darkness will be in a holding pattern until we hard coat. Tickets should go on sale TODAY!

Larry

drfrightner
01-19-2011, 05:17 AM
TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW... go to these links to purchase! Act quick because we are sending out mass emails all day!

Here are the live links:

Lights On
https://v2.interactiveticketing.com/tickets/t232_2011_the_darkness_trade_show_event_110105066c/form_2.php

Lights Off
https://v2.interactiveticketing.com/tickets/t232_2011_the_darkness_trade_show_event_110105066c/form_purchase.php

Here are MORE awesome photos!!! BTW... JOIN MY FACE BOOK PAGE because I uploaded like 20 more photos there. Here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=321966&id=690890873#!/profile.php?id=690890873

Larry

drfrightner
01-19-2011, 09:50 PM
We are going to start sending out email blasts about the tour... if you want those early hours get your tickets now. www.TheDarkness.com

Or just follow these links:

Lights On
https://v2.interactiveticketing.com/tickets/t232_2011_the_darkness_trade_show_event_110105066c/form_2.php

Lights Off
https://v2.interactiveticketing.com/tickets/t232_2011_the_darkness_trade_show_event_110105066c/form_purchase.php

drfrightner
01-22-2011, 05:57 AM
Okay more photos...

One picture of the clown is FOR SHANE... now hopefully you can see what the balloons are for. I dont' think ANYONE has ever done this before those balloons are stacked at different levels. Again hard to explain you have to see it in person. Also got in a huge order from Dark Raven... bought all the spiders he sells. They are awesome! Also you can clearly see we started hard coating. Everything that is to be hard coated will be done by the end of the day Saturday. Then we'll start painting on Monday. We will do the gunite the following week.

Went to PAPPIES last night yum yum!

Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com (http://www.thedarkness.com)

drfrightner
01-22-2011, 09:41 PM
Went down to the Darkness AGAIN today... most of the hard coating will be done today. I put some props out even though nothing is painted I just wanted to see or get an idea of what things will look like. Gives me a better idea how to paint something.

ALL FOAM carving is officially done as of TODAY. Check out the thrown we built for the Scarefactory Impailer animation. We built it in several pieces so basically you put the impailer where you want him then you but the chair in and around him.

The Impailer looks like he's sitting so thought he needed a chair. Now he can rest his creaking joints!!! LOL

Larry

drfrightner
01-22-2011, 09:44 PM
BTW... we also went to Lemp today and tried to figure out what improvements we can make over there... it will be tough but we did come up with a few cool ones.

I took this picture to let you guys know that we are TRYING over there as well... here is a picture of my car in the snow at Lemp.

Its funny at Lemp its nice and cool down there not hot not cold just nice and cool... it really feels like its heated even though its not. In the summer it feels like an air conditioner and you want to wear a coat.

The haunt is way underground.

get your tickets today www.thedarkness.com

Lastly, the thrown of the impailer was the last thing we need to work on foam wise and its getting hard coated today.

Larry

drfrightner
01-24-2011, 01:12 AM
Just made a HUGE order today for props for Lemp Brewery. We are NOT going to do some over the top all out Lemp renovation but we are going to do something.

The hard coaint on Darkness is done... now its onto doing the gunite work. Hopefully we can get that done sometime this week. We'll see.

This week we will be painting and painting and painting and building two mini golfs for the rest of the crew.

By the end of this week I should be able to start uploading scenes that are done painted with props.

Get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com (http://www.thedarkness.com)

Larry

drfrightner
01-25-2011, 02:37 AM
Couple more updates...

We are doing all new t-shirts for this event. Check them out... what do you think? Last year you guys bought every single t-shirt we had so we decided to print new ones.

I want anyone to tell me Brainstorm isn't the best in the WORLD after checking these babies out.

Okay we finally have COMPLETED scenes with paint. I will be uploading some pictures LATER TONIGHT! Also we made a 20 minute video walking through the place before we hard coated. I will upload that as well tonight.

Here is the plan for following along with the renovation project:

January 24-28 - Paint and theme entire downstairs. Will also do the concrete work on the gator room end of this week.

February (31) - 4th - Work on Elevator Room, theme and paint while
creating 'How to Detail your Haunted House Part 2'. Print and mail Hauntworld Magazine 26

February 7-11 Finalize any painting work and detail work upstairs and downstairs and start to wire up any and all animations plus install sound equipment. And finish any artwork for Terror Visions.

February 14-18 We shall finalize all work on Darkness and have everything installed 100% and working. Additionally we will add onto our actors room.

February 21-31st - We will work on Lemp Brewery and have this ready for this tour. Additionally this week we will have actor meetings at both attractions.

March 1-10 - We will work on our booths for the show and do any build out and make sure its ready to go for install. Print Hauntworld Magazine 27. Print our new brochures for show. Print and mail any pre-orders for our two new DVD's... order them now.

Additionally through all this we will build one 3D haunted house, and two blacklight pirate mini golf attractions. Oh and another overhaul to Hauntworld.com to include new features, seo work, and other secrets to help Hauntworld DOUBLE its traffic for the haunts who advertise. All this must be done by March 10th... not going to be easy!

BUSY BUSY... yes I know!

Life in our world!

Larry

drfrightner
01-25-2011, 11:16 PM
Yes we will sell our t-shirts online. Thanks for asking.

Okay more updates... tickets are going fast the first hour of the btst are almost sold out. Go to www.TheDarkness.com (http://www.TheDarkness.com) to get your tickets today.

Here are more pictures... worked on the snake room all day long and started painting the que line 'animal kingdom' my new nickname for the area. LOL

Things are going great... we should have the ENTIRE downstairs painted by the end of the day Thursday. Then we'll be doing some theme work over the weekend.

Starting NEXT week we'll be creating our elevator room and shooting How To Detail Your Haunted House Part II.

How to do the foam carving is being edited NOW!

If you want that dvd order it today at www.hauntedhousesupplies.com (http://www.hauntedhousesupplies.com)

Here are more pictures... Spider cave, snake room, animal king and more.

I did figue out how many NEW room there are in Darkness and Terror Visions.

Darkness (6 New Downstairs & 4 Upstairs) Terror Visions 3 New Scenes.

This doesn't count the countless upgrades to all kids of other scenes like a CGI effect in the boiler room, to the countless new animations and upgrades to other rooms in Terror Visions. I think we are approaching $300,000.00 in upgrades to Darkness 2011. If you want to truely see a 2 MILLION dollar haunt this is it...

Larry

drfrightner
01-26-2011, 12:31 AM
Hey I wanted to put out there ONE MORE TIME so we are clear... I'm NOT promising the best scariest haunted house experience youv'e ever had. My FOCUS IS NOT and I repeat NOT to make you scream like a little girl... my goal isn't to find the ugliest dudes on the planet to run you out the door with real power tools.

MY GOAL IS TO INSPIRE YOU WITH DETAIL, CREATIVITY, and OVERWHELM YOUR MIND WITH WHAT CAN BE WITH THE RIGHT TEAM, DEDICATION and PLAN.

We will do exactly what we did last year and get the best actors we can find together on SHORT notice and do our best considering the crowd.

Its HARD TO TRAIN or HIRE or get people use to the NEW Darkness when OMG we'll be working on it until the bell rings... we will have some really good actors and we will do our best.

REMEMBER OUR GOAL IS TO BLOW YOU AWAY WITH AN AMAZING looking haunt... I think we are accomplishing that so far!

We have our first actors meeting in four weeks. We'll see what happens... IF YOU WANT TO HELP US SCARE THE INDUSTRY CALL LAUREN and JOIN THE RANKS!!!

It will be fun!

Larry

drfrightner
01-26-2011, 11:03 PM
Couple more photos...

More on Friday night when the entire downstairs will be painted except the gator room. Larry

drfrightner
01-27-2011, 12:38 AM
HERE IS A BETTER VERSION OF THE VIDEO PREVIOUSLY POSTED!!!

YCx4XM3obJ8

drfrightner
01-28-2011, 03:43 AM
Started working on Lemp today. I'll be down at Darkness for most of the day and we are going to shoot another update video for you guys and girls!

I think the date everything will be done for Darkness will be Feb 18th.

Will have tons of great photos before then... I hope you guys all have a great time at our tour this year. We have put a TON and I mean a TON of work into it this year. We have been filmed for a video that will air later... more on that later.

Anyway tonight I will upload more photos. Things are moving right along now... talked to Kip and he says most of the stuff he's doing will be done next week so that should be exciting.

We are doing a lot of custom video FX with him... I never bought one from him because I wanted something special made for something I had in the attraction so we did that this year. Should be awesome!

We are shooting GUNITE on Monday... I'll film and take photos of that. It should be a MESS! LOL

The ENTIRE downstairs will be finished by the middle of next week and we'll start putting lights and sound in.

Folks... the work we've done here has taken about 20 different people working on, several vendors including Unit 70, Scarefactory, Ghost Ride, Pale Night, Dark Raven, Edge Design, Skeleton Store, Creative Visions, Day Glow, and today we ordered stuff from Dark Light and Mini Spot.

Its going to be great...

The best ever... I'm really kinda getting sad here because I doubt we'll do this again and or take on this type of massive renovation. This is the best ever, the ultimate, a MEGA renovation, its just well come see for yourself.

I think when you see this you might agree The Darkness is the best haunted house in America... and I can only say that because of THE HAUNT INDUSTRY had you guys not been coming here we wouldn't have done all this stuff, we would have NEVER EVER done what we've done over the last three years. And I know most of you will NEVER believe me but... I did this all out for YOU GUYS NOT MYSELF and NOT for my haunt... I wanted to take this privilege of having this show HERE to INSPIRE PEOPLE, I ended up also inspiring myself to the tune of about a million bucks light! LOL

I've also learned things I never thought I would learn... I learned about facebook and how to use it because of this tour, I learned about timed ticketing, I learned what our company can do when we want to do it... I learned a lot and no matter who comes or doesn't come THANK YOU ... thank you for embracing our hometown, our haunt, following this thread, supporting Hauntworld.com.

I do this thread as an extension to INSPIRE people because I know not everyone can come, not everyone can see our haunts... and because our goal is NOT money driven I want to do everything I can to help other haunts learn.

We've had THREE threads now about this renovation and after over 30,000 views I think we have accomplished just that... THANK YOU SERIOUSLY!

www.TheDarkness.com

drfrightner
01-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Here are more pictures... we also made a new video which we'll upload over the weekend. Larry

drfrightner
01-28-2011, 10:07 PM
Here are some photos showing what it might look like under show lights.

Larry
get your tickets now www.thedarkness.com (http://www.thedarkness.com)

drfrightner
02-01-2011, 11:24 PM
MaJosHyZXT4

drfrightner
02-03-2011, 02:09 AM
Couple of updates here... we will FINISH FINALLY the downstairs by this Friday. We will shoot the gunite today and Thursday.... it will then be painted and completed less putting in lighting and hooking up some animations. We will install any last few props, put some shreading out, clean the place blah blah.

Next week we will be onto the the LAST couple little things upstairs and building out the one room which is the center of our new DVD and we are done...

It will be onto Lemp in a couple weeks.

What do you think of these photos.

Larry

drfrightner
02-04-2011, 12:06 AM
This video which is low rez but its going to be shot into our waterfall screen ... something no haunt has ever done. It should be awesome its something you have to see for yourself!!!

qVLbtpE5Wjs

drfrightner
02-04-2011, 12:13 AM
This one will air before Darkness videos, video between other videos, on tv commercials blah, blah. You have to see the HIGH REZ versions... all of these will be on display at The Darkness Haunt Tour. I can only tell you this will be best haunt tour ever done in terms of seeing things you just don't see that often... I STRONGLY suggest you do the behind the scenes tour... bring your camera because you will end up taking a couple hundred pictures. Its pretty awesome! I'm a bit blown away myself right now. www.TheDarkness.com (http://www.TheDarkness.com)

Let me say this... I'm not sure I will do this again because its so much work, so expensive but you know what its fun really pushing my brain to figure out ways to inspire other haunt owners. This is the ONLY fun part of this process... I have to admit everytime I get something like these things I get excited. This is fun but its a lot of work. I hope you all enjoy the tour.

wY8bEzNE7p0

drfrightner
02-04-2011, 11:49 PM
Finally got that gunite stuff going... and oboy does it make a mess.

Take a look!!!

Its MESSY!

All the concrete work will be done by Saturday and we should be painting the last couple scenes and we should be done with the downstairs construction wise.

All of next week we will be theming the downstairs.

A lot of our custom props won't come in for two more weeks so you wont' get a great idea of what it will look like until then ...

THe behind the scenes tour is 2/3 sold out. We are not adding any tickets so if you want one of those behind teh scenes tour tickets you need to get them quickly.

www.TheDarkness.com (http://www.TheDarkness.com)

elowther
02-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Awesome work Larry! That animation is going to look insane projected onto the waterfall! You can tell that was a lot of work and expense but it will be worth it. How big will it be when projected at full size? Also what company did the animation? Hats off to them I love the blowing embers. Good luck with the rest of the renovations!

Eric

drfrightner
02-09-2011, 02:28 AM
Okay here we go again... many more things are DONE! I must say however as things look done or it looks like you are getting close the end you start to realize you are a million miles away.

The place is a TOTAL MESS because of the concrete spraying... well anyway here is the deal.

Here you'll see some interesting Terror Visions pictures hard to explain what these things do but these props overhead do stuff. You'll have to see for yourself in person.

Larry

drfrightner
02-09-2011, 02:44 AM
Alright then...

Okay here is the deal we have been working on this thing day and night. And it looks like we are as far away as ever to finish because you get like all these big things done now you are down to like five zillion little things and that is for me the payoff. I'm big in the DETAILS the LITTLE things and it just seems like there are so many LITTLE things now that need to be done I just can't even think of how its going to get done.

I feel somewhat overwhelmed.

We are trying to produce YET ANOTHER hauntworld magazine, sell banners, produce three attractions and ship them, renovate darkness, terror visions and now Lemp.

I'm getting stressed for sure! We can't paint anything in the caves for several more days and we can't test the waterfalls or put water in for like 25 more days... so look when you get here REMEMBER all this stuff may or may not work perfect!!! LOL Typical first night stuff you know what I mean but we are doing our best for sure.

Finally you can see what that gator is going to look like in the gator room he will storm out through a waterfall. It should be really cool!

Larry

drfrightner
02-09-2011, 02:57 AM
Here are EVEN more photos...

First off we see more parts of the spider cave and we see some other spiders that are going into the mix... from Dark Raven. THESE where VERY difficult to work into the set because we just didn't realize how huge these things where we basically and I mean TOTALLY rebuilt this one part of the scene just to fit the main one.

I mean we took down everything and started from scratch to get it to fit...

In this other picture we see in our old waterfall room we've sprayed the ground with concrete to seal it up and waterproof it.

Lastly we see another picture of the gator room just another angle.

Bottom line is what we've done this year is SO OVER THE TOP I don't know if we can do this tour again because I don't know how we would top ourselves. This years is the ULTIMATE that the Darkness has EVER BEEN and I mean EVER!

I don't think I'm blowing my horn when I say I just don't know if there is a more detailed haunted house in the NATION... maybe 13th Gate, maybe there is another one or two out there, but we are right up there with anything ever done.

I can only honestly say after what we've done this year that this might be the most detailed haunt in America.

Get your tickets at www.TheDarkness.com

Larry

PS: I just want everyone to KNOW because I've been asked 'why do we spend so much money on this...'. Answer: One I ENJOY THIS! THIS IS FUN for me! I DO NOT care about money that much, I enjoy CREATING THINGS, and this is FUN! Money is no object when it comes to creating ... this is why I really don't have ANY MONEY! LOL

I am NOT RICH... I don't have much money honestly, I do have a great haunt though!!! You only live once and for me this is kind of my art that I leave behind when I'm gone. I am enjoying every minute of doing this!

drfrightner
02-09-2011, 05:50 AM
BTW... and yes its 6:43 am MY TIME and YES I AM STILL UP!

When you spend half the day and almost the entire night at The Darkness, which I did (left around midnight) you pile up tons of emails. We are building three attractions for customer right now and they have a lot of questions. So I'm ONLY NOW going to bed after answering about 100 emails... yes I get about 100 to 150 emails per day. Its nuts... that is what I do almost every day ... answer emails.

Anyway... to the point now! The behind the scenes tours are NOW over 2/3 sold OUT! Its less than 100 tickets left from being totally out.

We will NOT ADD MORE...

Lastly I want to point out to you clearly! I can upload zillions of pictures, or videos or whatever, without seeing this in person, you can't understand what we've done. You can't see how everything ties together like a knot, you can't see all the special effects work, and there are tons of them installed that we haven't even talked about because there is no point to upload a picture of basically what you would think is nothing.

IF YOU OWN A HAUNT OR LOOKING TO START ONE... the ONLY way you should see this attraction is a behind the scenes tour.

I have done this tour for one reason... TO FURTHER my goal to see every single haunted house in the nation to EXPAND THEIR detail, to push for new levels of detail to aspire to be something bigger, something more... I have pushed myself these past three years and I'm trying to pass that along to you.

I care about haunts across the board getting better... this tour is meant to HELP YOU NOT SCARE YOU ...

So if you really think this will help your event get the tickets THIS WEEK!

Do not wait.

Larry

spookjj
02-09-2011, 11:59 PM
Larry... great thread can't wait to see it next month. Quick question, where do you guys buy your foam? I'm in Cincinnati and wondering what the best bet is, if any places close. Secondly, what do you guys use to harden your foam, you mentioned concrete gun but if you know any more details. See you guys next month!

Jim

drfrightner
02-10-2011, 12:06 AM
Okay yes yes yes more photos. Behind the scenes tour is almost sold out. That is basically all anyone is buying ... get your today.

Lastly, someone asked me what role do I play in creating the haunted houses... hmmm.

Some around our place would say NO ROLE and others would say TOO MUCH, but I think not enough. LOL. So what do I do you ask... well we got that on video tape so you'll see here soon enough.

The whole process of building out this haunt well a lot of it anyway was video taped by a production crew and here soon you'll get to see that.

I am a perfectionist... I have had a new room torn out up to 4 or 5 times because I didn't like it, because someone screwed it up, or because after seeing it done I realized it would be better another way. It drives everyone around here mad... its tough to work with me.

I want to be the best, I want to be my best, I push for nothing but the best and if its not good enough tear it down and start over...

Its well crazy around here because I guess sometimes I'm never happy... well personally I don't think anyone should. Always push yourself to be the best you can and never compromise that goal!

I don't!

Anyway in this picture you can see our new Snake Totem Pole. I have spared NO EXPENSE for this tour FOR those who attend... NO EXPENSE if I thought it will make it better we did it no matter the cost! You'll see...

Larry

drfrightner
02-10-2011, 02:03 PM
The purpose of all haunted houses is to SCARE THEM... the point is our goal with this tour isn't to scare anybody its to inspire them through the work of the attraction itself. The point of the magazine, isn't to scare you, its to help you make your attraction better, help you learn things and hopefully become a better business owner. The point of this tour and really the only reason I do it is to inspire haunt owners, to inspire them to do more, not think inside the box as in we just go to a show and buy things and thats it, but rather to think along a creative process. That is the point of this tour... yes we'll have actors working there for the first time EVER, as in like first night with probably all the problems of any first night opening but yes they will be trying to scare you... I'm simply saying as I did last year the goal goes way beyond that.

In the end our goal is to energize haunt owners to go home and start creating a better attraction... our tour hopefully does this, the show hopefully does this, the seminars hopefully will do this, connections they make with other haunters at the show, our new magazine, videos, just everything as a whole.

We want our tour to be part of their process to LEARN... that is it!

Larry

drfrightner
02-11-2011, 02:30 AM
Okay more pictures... I spent another night at The Darkness filming 'How to Detail Your Haunted House Part 2'. The video should be pretty cool but we are still not done with it. We have maybe two more days of filming to complete the video which would also mean The Darkness is DONE with detail, construction and painting.

The Darkness will officiall be completed on all aspects listed above by the 18th of February. The day after we will move our detail crew to Lemp to work for three weeks. At that point I will start a new thread just for Lemp. Lemp is not goign to get the love The Darkness got but it will get some love... LOL

Lastly on the 19th we will start hooking up all animations, lighting, and sound. We are picking up the rest of our props for Darkness on the 15th of next week. At that point we'll install everything and be ready to take some very detailed photos.

After next week there will not be anymore photos. I hope you have enjoyed this thread and there are a few more photos to come. The coolest ones yet... but we are almost at the end.

Get your tickets now www.THeDarkness.com (http://www.THeDarkness.com)

Larry

jason
02-11-2011, 07:53 AM
Your 3-d work looks great. It makes me wish I could find a picture of the 3-d clown car that we painted aboard the USS Nightmare. The car was something like what you are doing with your 3-d cut outs. I also wish I had video of the spinning 3-d tubes we had years ago. lol They would spin under strobing black light (it was a neat look).

drfrightner
02-15-2011, 01:06 AM
Updates:

We will finish all painting and detail work THIS WEEK inside The Darkness.

We are also going to see Unit 70 on Wed to pick up a lot more props to complete The Darkness. Will post more pictures then.

We are finishing up the elevator room this week as well. It will be done THIS WEEK including the motion on the elevator. I have had a lot of questions on this... yes it will have CGI effect in the floor and will move around like the swamp house but it will also drop. We are working in this room and will finish this week, while we shoot the last few parts to our new how to detail video.

Next week is all animations, sound, and lighting.

Additionally we will be working on Lemp starting next week... so very soon I will be posting some pictures of that work in progress.

Remember on the behind the scenes tour we will open up our 3D production shop and Kip Polly will open up his shop to a open house event with some food and drinks.

On Friday at the Lemp itself we will have a party for everyone who attends with music, food, drinks, and some updates on Hauntworld.com big meeting with a demo... that is at Lemp Friday night. It will be FREE for the party so come on by...

Talk to you soon!

Get your tickets at www.TheDarkness.com

Larry

drfrightner
02-16-2011, 01:49 AM
Okay spent the night again at Darkness... just got home and its 2:30am

We built and set up an entire scene for the new detail video, and basically we are done filming minus one more thing... painting the elevator room. The elevator itself is also almost done.

Things are going well... over the next two days we have entire teams of people working all night long to bang out all sorts of little things that need to be completed. Next week we'll focus on sound and light plus animation.

Larry

drfrightner
02-16-2011, 01:53 AM
More pics... an unpainted boiler we are building. Added a bunch of bolts tonight from Edge Design. We have also finished sculpting out all the walls inside the elevator room as you can see here. You can learn how to do all of this on our new dvd 'How To Detail Your Haunted House part 2'. You can get that video NOW on www.hauntedhousesupplies.com.

Get your tickets for the tour TODAY at www.thedarkness.com

Larry

drfrightner
02-16-2011, 05:21 PM
As for the video... I thought it was the best video we ever did? Did you guys like the video? As for the new video, the things we show in this video are NEW detail tips.

I can only tell you we've been shooting this video for two weeks and we are STILL NOT DONE! We shoot all last night until 2am.

The video will be fantastic. If you do the tour of the Darkness YOU SHOULD GET THE DVD because after seeing it then watching the video it will help you understand better how to do some of the things we showcase.

The foam carving video will also be good and its created to show you HOW to do stuff without being an artist... everything is from that perspective.

Larry

drfrightner
02-17-2011, 09:26 PM
OKay now we are getting more adn more complete as you can see... Join my facebook page and see like 30 more! Tell me what you think. We are getting down to the wire now. I can only tell you if you don't think this looks like its right out of Disney I don't know what... LOL. We are going to install ALL the final props on Saturday. We put MOST of the work into the Darkness, some into Terror Visions when I look back on it, and the SOME on Terror Visions is enough by itself to justify a tour!!! We start on Lemp MONDAY. You will start to see pictures of that on MONDAY!
http://hauntworld.com/haunted_house_forums/images/greenfox/misc/pencil.png

drfrightner
02-17-2011, 09:40 PM
Okay here are a few more... now I will say I saw Damons comments and let me tell you something. Our goal with our new video to help you do some of this stuff. We have never been shy about helping the entire industry learn from our experiences. I also think these photos we've uploaded help as well. However without seeing it in person, and getting the video as well is not adviced. We will finishing filming the video on Saturday. Now I'm going to tell you there are SO MANY and I many zillions of FX and more I can't take a picture of and show you... you have to come and see for yourself. The place is awesome the detail is outragous and I'm not actually sure what is better all the FX we've added to the place that you can't see unless you come or all of the detail shots.

I wish I could open the place up and do all this for free... but we can't do that because the tour we are offering is in my book NOT a tour, its a LIVE INTERACTIVE EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE like no other you will visit! Its because of your support we can make this seminar this educational experience better FOR YOU and your attraction. This will be the SINGLE BEST educational expeirence you will have all year, it will be the best investment you make all year! That I can promise you!

Get your tickets NOW www.thedarkness.com (http://www.thedarkness.com)

Jolly Pumpkin
02-17-2011, 10:25 PM
Wow, that's all I can really say. That's an insane amount of detail.

Soul Reaper
02-19-2011, 05:05 AM
As always you guy rock on detail. I really like the pics you have posted Larry. I am looking forward to see it in person which I think would be way better then just looking at the pics. Cause though pics look great they never seem as good as seeing it in person. Awsome work though.

brad
02-19-2011, 08:49 AM
Same here Larry, you guys do some amazing work, and I cant wait to see it all!

drfrightner
02-20-2011, 03:35 AM
Okay here are some more pictures... The Darkness is still not done however its getting really close. Larry

drfrightner
02-20-2011, 03:38 AM
Okay here are some walls inside the elevator room, the new snake animation and a multi motion talking clown. Things are getting closer. Go to www.TheDarkness.com.

Nightgore
02-20-2011, 11:34 AM
Is that a custom animation of the CGI Darkness character?... If so, NICE!!! -Tyler

drfrightner
02-22-2011, 10:15 PM
Here are some more pictures... get your tickets at www.TheDarkness.com

All this week we will be hooking up animations, sound and lighting. More on that later.

It was a bitch moving this monster up into our graveyard we had to take it apart in three pieces, cut parts off and re-weld. Nightmare. The elevator room is basically done minus a few things.

Larry

drfrightner
02-22-2011, 10:18 PM
Couple more pictures here... I can't wait until everyone shows up to see it all in person. You really need to see it in person is all I can say... I can't really get good pictures because everything is SO TIGHT... I'll have to break out my real camera but still I will need a wide zoom lens. Larry

drfrightner
02-22-2011, 10:21 PM
We also sealed all the waterfall area's and by Friday they will be pouring down water ... I will try to get some pictures then.

Its really down to just a few little things here and there. Once we really start knocking down all the FX I will try to get more pictures. Today I'll be spending the day screwing in gauges and doing cob webs. I'll get more pics. www.TheDarkness.com (http://www.TheDarkness.com) FYI... there are only about 30 tickets left for the behind the scenes tour.

But 82118212821382148215http://hauntworld.com/haunted_house_forums/images/greenfox/misc/pencil.png

Novus
02-22-2011, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the haunt-gasm.

drfrightner
02-24-2011, 05:26 AM
8237823682358234Here are more photos... myself, kip, john and jim all worked at the darkness pretty late. I left around 2am I was doing cob webs and screwing in all of these gauges. Fun fun... Larry

drfrightner
02-24-2011, 05:39 AM
Do you want to see what the SNAKE DOES... check it out. We finally started hooking up animations. Did this all night. The one thing we need to really work on is digital audio for our animations and rooms... something we just won't get to it for this tour but after looking around there are like millions more things I want to do that we just can't get to ... I also saw the Spider go off as well. Very cool however he needs better audio as well. The gator was the best that thing is fantastic ... they are all very very very realistic. Larry FYI... the behind the scenes tour is getting down to very few tickets left. The limit we put on the behind teh scenes tour I think was 325 and its already over 300. So if you want to come act quickly. I will have to check with Interactive Ticketing to find out for sure... also what is weird is that we've sold way more Lemp tickets than Darkness, its weird because Lemp doesn't hold a candle to Darkness. I think people assume 'hey we've seen the darkness want to see the new one' ... well the mistake there is The Darkness isn't the same haunt as last year not even close!!!!

We have put 4 plus months of hard work, tons of money, everything we have into ONLY DARKNESS... we sorta started working on Lemp. We will work on Lemp starting mid-day because we are trying to finalize our TW booth. We built that first and painted it today. We'll get on Lemp now... maybe next year if this convention comes back here we'll close down Darkness for this and put 3 months of intensive work on Lemp. That would be different... but at least for 2011 the work was put into Darkness AGAIN! LOL

drfrightner
02-25-2011, 07:01 AM
FINALLY... went over to the Lemp and we came up with a MAJOR plan that can't be done (ofcouse) so we'll do everything we can do to make the place better. I think we'll be working on Lemp all through April and from there May on we'll work on Creepyworld. Lemp is a MAJOR PROJECT because the haunt was built in one week last year, so now we are goign to work on it for TWO weeks... so it should be three times better! LOL

No seriously we are going to do some really fun stuff... we'll see what we can get done prior to the show. We are going to put everyone on it for the next couple of days ... Darkness well its still not done. TONS UPON TONS OF little things that must be completed. If we open again next year we might ONLY do Lemp and do the same level renovation that we do on Darkness but just rather on Lemp only. We'll see... its time to put some serious love towards Lemp. I do think you guys are going to be blown away by the location just the haunt isn't the best... but we're going to work our Halloween Productions magic and make something happen. Get your tickets today www.TheDarkness.com (http://www.TheDarkness.com)

From here on out all the pictures I upload will be LEMP ONLY... I can't show you anymore of Darkness you have to see it for yourself. All of the effects, animations and more just can't be seen with a photo... but you will get TWO WEEKS of straight Lemp Photos. Are you ready? Here we go!

damon carson
02-25-2011, 07:26 AM
Hey Larry! Anyway you can show us a sneek peek of your misting fog water screen with the darkness creature projected on it. I think that would be really need to see in operation.
Damon

Badger
02-25-2011, 07:38 AM
Larry, will the actors working Friday and Saturday get a chance to go through and see everything...?

HELLRAZZORS
02-25-2011, 08:09 AM
loved the darkness last year...looking forward to seeing lemp this year.......the ghost hunter was on yesterday featuring lemp......getn excited for the show....

drfrightner
02-26-2011, 04:12 AM
We now have EVERYONE working on Lemp. I will have some cool photos maybe this weekend of middle of next week. Get your tickets at www.TheDarkness.com (http://www.TheDarkness.com)

I will tell you that Lemp wasn't the best last year but we've come up with several idea's to make Lemp a ton better adn we are going to do it all in two weeks. This will go fast... so watch this thread daily!

Larry

drfrightner
02-26-2011, 10:14 PM
You will start to see a TON of pictures coming your way. Lemp is really starting to look great. We had something like 10 guys working on it all day today and Friday. We are all working on it again on Sunday and Monday and all through the week. I think we can make it about 50 times better than it was during the season. It won't be anything like what we can do to the place before its all said and done but for what is possible we are busting our buts... we've crossed the $400,000.00 investment mark. Lemp is going to be a pretty cool... way better than I expected. The fact is Darkness took way to long... but Lemp is easier to work on because of the natural environment.

drfrightner
02-26-2011, 10:18 PM
We are picking up a TON MORE monsters on Tuesday. We only have about half of what we ordered for Lemp. Seriously stay tuned to this thread DAILY becuase the Lemp updates will happen quick. There is an army of people working on this daily!!!! Get your tickets now www.TheDarkness.com (http://www.TheDarkness.com)

drfrightner
02-26-2011, 10:22 PM
We are building out ALL New scenes here... they won't look really good for another week or so... like I said check here daily for updates on LEMP! I can tell you the best WAY TO CHECK OUT LEMP is to come to teh behind the scenes tour and look at all the nature looking stuff in the place. The behind teh scenes tour is almost sold out... go to www.thedarkness.com (http://www.thedarkness.com) now.

See ya soon!

danglin
02-28-2011, 09:16 PM
Larry,
I always enjoy seeing the Darkness each year at Transworld, but I am really looking forward to seeing the Lemp Brewery Haunt. I am SEVERELY claustrophobic, and just the thought of going into this building has me freaked out. I actually had a nightmare a few nights ago that the haunt collapsed while I was in it, and I was trapped underground!

Tell your crew thanks for all the hard work, and I (and the rest of the Folklore crew) are excited about seeing it. We are bringing some of our crew with us this year, and it will be their first time seeing the Darkness. They are extremely excited.

See you next week.

Soul Reaper
03-01-2011, 02:04 AM
Looks like things are looking good so far Larry. Thanks for you guys busting your butts to make this happen.

chuck weber
03-02-2011, 03:20 PM
good luck, larry.... You have another winner there to be sure!

drfrightner
03-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Here are a few more pictures... one is our booth almost finished. Another is an eye animation we are adding to Terror Visions and some more pictures of the Elevator Room. I have officially rode the elevator its pretty cool...there is a cool video effect in the floor. Let me say this about The Darkness... it will NOT be like it will be in October for many reasons. No time to really refine lighting, sound, work with actors because we are working day and night on Lemp to improve that place for this show. I made a list the other night to finish darkness that was massive... there is no way unless we stop working on Lemp. We'll just do the best we can overall... you guys should love it. Larry

drfrightner
03-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Image from the floor of the elevator. Tons of props going into lemp and some sets we are working on in Lemp. go to www.TheDarkness.com (http://www.TheDarkness.com) to get tickets.

drfrightner
03-04-2011, 04:32 AM
Couple more pictures of Darkness.. Here you can see that snake sculpt better. Also you can see a flashed out pic of the gator finally in his new home, the video illusion in the cremation room, and a picture of Terror Visions in our new TNT room. get your tickets today www.thedarkness.com

drfrightner
03-04-2011, 04:36 AM
Here are some pics of Lemp... we are doing some really nasty dinner settings. LOL. Lemp is REALLY coming along I do however think it will take another solid month of work on Lemp to make it really great... but what we've managed to do in a very short time frame is well pretty awesome. I will get more pics all through the weekend. Larry

graystone
03-04-2011, 06:30 AM
Everything looks great! Shane and it's nice job! Shane

drfrightner
03-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Bad news my entire crew just left town to go to Vancouver to install a mini golf attraction... we haven't finished Darkness or Lemp. Houston we have a problem! lol

They will be back on Monday and we'll go from there... just wanted to let you know there is only like 8 or 10 tickets left for the behind the scenes tour. Larry

WickedWillow
03-05-2011, 01:36 PM
It all looks so great! Sorry to have to miss it. Another time...

Darksydesigns
03-05-2011, 01:39 PM
I love the drawings, and the haunt itself looks spectacular. If I make it out that way sometime, I'll be certain to stop by:)

Sorry about the problems. Hope all goes well, Larry.

drfrightner
03-06-2011, 11:28 PM
I will be taking a ton of pictures today of Lemp and will post them. In the meantime on the Scarefest.com facebook page I did something interesting ... I posted folders of VERY OLD pictures of The Darkness and old posters and artwork. Check it out you might get a kick out of it.

Larry

Darkangel
03-07-2011, 08:32 AM
The food you guys create really looks nasty, and real!

DA

drfrightner
03-07-2011, 02:26 PM
The behind the scenes tour sold out... I had them add a few more tickets to the LAST HOUR ONLY. So you cant' come at any HOUR other than the last one.

Additionally as of today I had them TURN OFF selling tickets to Lemp and Darkness for ALL HOURS execpt the LAST HOUR... I'm calling it sold out EXCEPT the LAST HOUR ONLY!

If you want to come you have no choice on any of the tours but to come during the last hour... Darkness has the last two hours open. I've been getting tons of emails asking about the behind the scenes saying SOLD OUT... yes it is so if you want to come NOW you can ONLY COME in the LAST HOUR of the event.

Lemp Friday tour is basically 110% SOLD OUT... its only open on the last hour now. Darkness tour has plenty of tickets last two.

Larry

Nightgore
03-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Will we still be able to get tickets at the show? I'm looking to bring our guys to the Darkness on Saturday, they're super excited! -Tyler

drfrightner
03-07-2011, 02:42 PM
You can only get tickets to the LAST HOUR... you might be able to buy them at the show you should buy online. www.TheDarkness.com (http://www.TheDarkness.com)

I told Interactive ticket TODAY to CLOSE all tickets for the first three hours... because the bts tour sold out those people go whenever they will overcrowd the haunts. So I'm throwing everything from today on into the last hour which isn't even close to being sold out. Larry

Nightgore
03-07-2011, 02:50 PM
That's fine, I think they'd prefer the last hour! Hahaha... sounds good! Can't wait to see the haunt! -Tyler

drfrightner
03-09-2011, 04:05 AM
We are SO behind on getting Darkness and Lemp done that Jim won't even be able to go to the show on Thursday.

The lighting and sound is horrid at both places... I doubt we'll be able to get it perfect, additionally our water screen effect with our new CGI is AWESOME however to get it working right we have to CHANGE everything totally to get it working. HOPEFULLY we will get this done but I am NOT positive... its one of those things called trial and error. Unfortunatly we do NOT have time for 'trial and error'. LOL

We are going to try though... because its freakin awesome. We put the projector in the wrong place and its just not going to work where it is soooooo those are updates.

See you at the show on Thursday.

Larry

Darksydesigns
03-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Best of luck with the haunt, Larry:) Wish I could make it, too. Enjoy yourselves, everyone who does go.

drfrightner
03-10-2011, 02:12 AM
Sadly I report that we will NOT finish Darkness or Lemp... we've just pushed ourselves too thin this time around. What I set out to do was just too much considering we also had to built four attractions for other clients. Jim has SLEPT in The Darkness TWO nights in a ROW now... he's sleeping there right now.

Will you think its awesome... AHHH YEAH! However is it done done ... no way. Lighting and sound is horrible... every two seconds there is something not working something new that has never been tested. The gator animations with Unit 70 Gator we screwed that up when we sprayed the concrete we can't get the waterfall working because it leaks. We know what we did wrong just can't fix it... we'll try.

The moving elevator has no transition plates in other words there is nothing connecting it to the real floors... i don't know we might have to put someone there telling them to step over it I don't know. We'll try to get that done as well... its just a nightmare.

If we had two more weeks... just two more weeks. On the bright side, its stunning, but it could look better with better lighting and sound but that will have to wait for another time.

I want to tell everyone I've had 10 to 15 peopel a DAY working in there DAY AND NIGHT and its still not done... this is the most challenging thing we've ever done.

Lastly, more bad news... there will be NO Pirhana because they ate each other. I'm not kidding... they ate each other they are all dead! LOL

Apparently you need like 12 to 20 so they won't eat each other. I don't know.

This is all new to me... the good news is Jim will NOT be coming to the show today or Friday because he'll stay behind to continue working all the way up to the witching hour. We will have snakes! That is good news... LOL.

I notice all this stuff but maybe you guys won't... its awesome, its stunning, its over the top, its just breathtaking and I wish we had two more weeks. See you later today... I get to go to bed and sleep for 3 hours.

My Challenger is being dropped off at 7:30am its been out of commission for over a year... finally getting it back.

Talk to you soon!

Larry

drfrightner
03-18-2011, 02:14 AM
For those who didn't come here are some of the snakes we had on display. Check it out. I know the Cobra scared a lot of people because he was constantly striking at people. Larry

mindtumor
03-18-2011, 06:59 AM
I'm upset I missed the haunt, but not upset I missed those snakes. Not cool. Thumbs up for the renovations, thumbs down for those things.

freak 'n' stein
03-18-2011, 08:58 AM
The handler walking around with the snake was pretty cool. I for one am scared of snakes but I actually touched that one...We're doing a voodoo theme this year so a snake handler dressed as an actor walking the crowds would be a cool idea.

damon carson
03-18-2011, 11:38 AM
So what snake did he have out? I didnt know about this. You miss so much being apart of the haunt. Next year im just going through.
Damon

jason
03-18-2011, 04:20 PM
are you getting new pirhanas?

BruiseMuse
03-19-2011, 08:00 AM
I believe he had out a Burmese python. I love the Pakistan Cobra, I've seen that one many times at the Branson Zoo/Herpitarium.

Chop Shop
03-19-2011, 09:54 AM
What an amazing project (The Darkness).. It really does look "straight out of Disney".

What a great thread..thanks!

-Jim

drfrightner
03-24-2011, 03:12 AM
Okay a couple things... one I wanted to say thanks once again for all the kind words! I've done this thread for three years staight leading up to the TW show and now I see lots of people do such threads which I think is awesome!!! There isn't much left that we will do to the Darkness outside of fix the lighting, sound, and a few things that have some issues. The one BIG THING however we will fix is the drains... some idiot emails me after the show and starts rambling about how he should get a refund for walking around in urine and blah, blah, blah. I told him point blank it was drain water, that backed up into our building, he said something like he worked around it or something and knows what it smells like... LOL. I couldn't believe it we've owned this building for 7 years and the ONE the FIRST and ONLY time the drains would back up is 30 minutes before we opend. Go figure!

Yes the que line flooded with water and we scrambled to do everything we could to get rid of it but it kept coming... AS I SAID to the one goof, it was an outside DRAIN, you know rain water in our drains that backed up not a toliet or anything like that... it was backed up from the OUTSIDE of our building in our drains. Well this is kinda outragous but these guys have been working on fixing this now for DAYS no make that weeks... they have been pulling stuff out of the drains dating back to the 1950's... yeah this is true! They pull stuff out of the drains EVERY SINGLE DAY and this is costing us like thousands. They had to dig up our back lot, they are also fishing stuff out of the front drain... ALL OUTSIDE THE BUILDING like I told the one goof. All the water in the building was like drain water backed up in the drains so it was basically water sitting around for a while. Oh well... check out these photos I took today of our back lot all torn up! Larry

drfrightner
03-24-2011, 03:21 AM
Lastly, wanted to say we are getting ready to TEAR into Creepyworld. We are going to build a really cool Pig Butcher Farm, improve our Hayride and build a SAW haunted house. Once we start which will be in a few weeks I'll start a thread and post pictures just as I have done with Darkness and Lemp here.

We are also going to do a bit more work to Lemp and if we do anything really cool we'll post some pictures.

We are going to do SEVERAL awesome things to Creepyworld. I did however want to invite anyone back to St. Louis during the Halloween season when Darkness is going full blast with like 70 or 80 actors or Lemp with 60 plus actors. But I'm telling you guys and no one believes me but Creepyworld is OUR best haunted house with awesome detail, 7 HUGE haunted houses, the most props, everything, the places takes well over an HOUR to go through everything.

Creepyworld is our best haunt and it features like 100 actors.

Again we invite everyone down during Halloween once we open.

A new thread coming soon on Creepyworld.

Larry

drfrightner
05-10-2011, 12:49 AM
We made another video of the tour... this one is for The Darkness we are making another one for Lemp. Let me know what you think. Larry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDpVJ-pviZU

drfrightner
05-12-2011, 01:13 PM
Let me know what you think of the video... we are making another one for Lemp so we'll post that soon.

Right now we are working on Creepyworld I'm going to post some pictures of that soon.

Larry

Pumpkin King
05-12-2011, 01:24 PM
The video looks great! Nice job editing! :D

Novus
05-12-2011, 01:53 PM
Looking forward to the Lemp one... seeing if my crew's interview made the cut.

drfrightner
05-14-2011, 02:55 PM
95149513Here are some Creepyworld Photos... I'll just keep this thread going now with Creepyworld. Right now we are working on the trailer haunted house which we may tour next year at TW. We are also working on the pig farm we are building. We bought a couple really cool old trucks and farm equipment. I will keep updating this thread with Creepyworld pictures and whatever else we do and or the Lemp video ... coming soon! The big black building will be a bathroom in the movie theater its something you will walk through.

Larry

Pumpkin King
05-16-2011, 06:39 AM
Looks great! Is that pig farm qhere the que was after the graveyard? Just wondering how that would work.

As always I love seeing the pictures and great job!

drfrightner
05-16-2011, 12:05 PM
Couple things... you will notice I changed this thread to add or include Creepyworld. I will post all our Creepyworld pictures here which will include pictures of the new Saw haunted house we are building, Pig Farm and all renovations to the other attractions.

As for the previous question yes this is an area where there use to be a graveyard. It is now gone!

We might do some kind of trailer haunt seminar type deal next year so follow this thread about the trailer haunted house and other attractions at Creepyworld.

Larry

drfrightner
05-27-2011, 12:44 PM
We are having a full blown 7 foot tall Wolfman made directly from the new Wolfman movies... check this out.

What do you think so far?

Larry

drfrightner
05-27-2011, 12:46 PM
Additionally we are adding some more stuff to Darkness ... we just don't stop do we? LOL. Once we get that stuff I will post some pictures. We are about to start building Saw haunted house for Creepyworld this thing will just shatter St. Louis... its going to be huge!

I will post some pictures of Creepyworld later this weekend. We are building all sorts of awesome stuff at Creepyworld right now. About to get our vac form machine and we'll start making custom vac form for ourselves then we'll offer it to haunts nationwide.

Larry

chuck weber
05-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Having to watch the 1st one was like "SERVING TIME" Now, another one? extremely, extremely, dissapointed that good money would be sunk into this project............not good.

chuck weber
05-27-2011, 03:42 PM
I know one "GOOFBALL" complained about the flooding and stuff. I'm sure OTHERS would like to know if this problem is fixed. keep us posted......

drfrightner
05-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Chuck,

I liked the Wolfman movie, I didn't love it but either way Wolfman is an Iconic monster that is why I'm having one made. It will be awesome.

Remember the movie won an academy award for make up for Rick Baker... so the Wolfman was cool and that is what I'm making.

The drain yeah that was fixed it took like 2 weeks to fix. Was out at Creepyworld today will post some pictures when I get back home.

Larry

drfrightner
05-27-2011, 10:49 PM
OKay was at Creepyworld today and we are moving right along... I think I'm going to change a few things but we are getting there. The one thing here is a chicken coup and yes I'm having custom made zombie chickens made just for me... hehehe. The mansion looking set is from inside the trailer haunt. Larry

Soul Reaper
05-27-2011, 11:03 PM
Nice, looks like it's comming along good Larry.

drfrightner
06-11-2011, 12:43 AM
9818981798169815More pics from Creepyworld.

I will have a really cool Lemp video soon.

Larry

damon carson
06-11-2011, 12:52 AM
Tell John to get out the back of that pickup! Its not goin anywhere! LOL!
Damon
Frightmasters
www.houseoffright.com

MDKing
06-11-2011, 04:39 AM
That would be a great truck to restore, pretty cool.

Allan

drfrightner
06-14-2011, 11:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxs3fcVXeMA

drfrightner
07-06-2011, 12:21 AM
Here are a few more pics from like 10 days ago. Going to get more pics today and will post. We are moving along. We are putting like $200k into this place especially the Saw haunted house which will have something like 50k in custom FX and animations. We've gone ALL OUT! It will be amazing! Trying to finish the pig farm and the drive inn. Larry

99509951995299539954http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_house_forums/images/greenfox/misc/pencil.png

drfrightner
07-08-2011, 09:22 PM
Here are more pictures from about a week ago... its even more far along than this. Larry

drfrightner
07-08-2011, 09:24 PM
As always when you are simply doing nothing more than wood work and stuff things go slow... the detail stuff will come quickly all at once. We haven't broken out any of the props yet. Still trying to build the new Saw Haunted House and the new hog farm. Larry

damon carson
07-08-2011, 10:30 PM
This is all looking very cool! Im looking forward to seeing Creepy World in person this year. Missed it last year! I think this year will be better. Anxious to see Sleepy Hollow and Saw for sure!
Damon
Frightmasters

drfrightner
07-29-2011, 10:59 PM
How about some graveyards at Creepyworld... we've been working on the ultimate graveyard at Creepyworld. Creepyworld is still about a month away from being completed. Larry

1026510267102681026910266http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_house_forums/images/greenfox/misc/pencil.png

drfrightner
07-29-2011, 11:41 PM
More pictures of the new Creepyworld. We will have all construction done in two weeks then we'll start putting out all props. Many more pics coming. Larry

drfrightner
08-02-2011, 10:43 PM
New Video for you to check out. What do you think. Larry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qTAO40u_fo

Spookyant
08-03-2011, 12:45 AM
Nice Larry! Always great to see your videos and pictures. It keeps me motivated :-)

freak 'n' stein
08-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Good video. Saw brad & Cody! haha

one question...who does your voice over work?!

jakprintsHAUNT
08-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Everything is looking good as always. Would love to come and check out during a season sometime. So hard to get away with local resposibilities.

Mike "Pogo" Hach

Haunted Prints (EOM)
08-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Impressive work. Love the large outdoor sets along your hayride path.

drfrightner
08-04-2011, 05:05 PM
I'm glad everyone liked the video... it was a long time coming. Lots of work put into that. We have a guy local here that we have been working with for like 20 years who does everything for us. We will really start to finalize Creepyworld next week and I'll post more pictures. Right now you guys can check out our website its NOT updated for 2011 content wise but check out the skins of all the pages and tell me what you think.

Larry

Pumpkin King
08-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Scarefest looks great! Looking foreward to seeing more build pics :D

drfrightner
08-06-2011, 06:22 PM
New Lemp Logos... What do you think?103011030210303

IF YOUR 555
08-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Very cool, I like it.

Haunted Prints (EOM)
08-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Love the artwork. Would make from a great printed ticket or flyer.

Give me a shout Larry.

chuck weber
08-07-2011, 05:49 PM
once again, another feature presentation. great job !!!!

drfrightner
09-02-2011, 01:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmlqrH0F9O4

Darkangel
09-02-2011, 09:02 AM
Cool video, but that puppet and the Saw franchise are worn out I think....

DA

drfrightner
09-02-2011, 10:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGtsloczzso

drfrightner
09-22-2011, 10:52 PM
daytime pictures of creepyworld.

what do you think

drfrightner
09-22-2011, 11:01 PM

Nightgore
09-22-2011, 11:42 PM
That front porch looks awesome...not to far off from what you'd really see in the hills of KY! Hahaha... -Tyler

chuck weber
09-24-2011, 11:41 AM
SAW 9 and 10 come out soon !!!! run with it !!!!!!

drfrightner
10-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Transworld wants us to open our haunted houses again... if we did an off site seminar so to speak on how to create trailer haunted houses would anyone be interested in that? We'd have to take you out to Creepyworld. Additionally would you prefer us to renovate Darkness and just open it to walk through or with actors? Give me some feedback.

Should we renovate Lemp and open that? Would you prefer to jump on a bus and go outside of St. Louis to see some haunted houses? Give us some feedback overall. Love to hear it. Larry

MorgueofDoom
10-10-2011, 09:51 AM
I'm highly interested in seeing the trailer haunts idea with Creepyworld. My crew also really enjoyed Lemp Brewery last Transworld and would love to see what your able to do with it now that you've had more time to spend on it.

drfrightner
10-19-2011, 05:32 AM
I just wanted to say that I've said before I wouldn't open without some sort of really cool reason to open... I have found some inspiration.

Came up with some really awesome idea's and yes it will all be cool, expensive and never before seen type of stuff. I think the biggest overhaul will come to the 3D haunted house terror visions. We want to lay down the gauntlet as to who does the best 3D in the industry... well at least in my opinion that is obvious but with this new round for TW we will go OVERBOARD on Terror Visions itself. We will take this 3D haunted house so over the top it will just never be matched due to the type of money it would cost to duplicate.

We are going to build one scene/effect inside Terror Visions that will be a NEVER BEFORE seen type scene and yes it will leave your mouth and jaw dropped clear to the floor...

Inside Darkness its going to be two rooms downstairs, and 3 or so rooms upstairs with a lot of additional fx added everywhere.

It will be awesome but the main thing will be inside the 3D. We will start gutting everything November 2012.

We will also be building a major haunt for an attraction on Time Square that will open in March. More on that later. So it will and should be the busiest few months after Halloween ever.

Lastly heading out to LA next week to pick up that vac form machine, and while I'm there will stop by Knotts.

I WILL START A NEW THREAD so you can once again follow along with everything we do. We will also post a lot of pictures. We are also going to do some things to Lemp as well... we should open both attractions but probably everything will be one night ... will know for sure later.

Larry

mindtumor
10-19-2011, 08:25 PM
Wait what? You are going to gut everything November of 2012?

drfrightner
10-24-2011, 02:53 AM
Hey everyone very very soon we'll start a new thread for the 2012 The Darkness and Lemp Brewery renovation and haunt tour. Yes we are doing it again TW really wants us to open... so we will. We have been spending a lot of time talking, planning, and getting ready to take action the day after we close. We will re-do LEMP FIRST this time so we make sure we re-do the attraction RIGHT. Lemp will really get a make over. Secondly at the same time we'll overhaul Terror Visions 3D. Terror Visions is going to get the Darkness style treatment where we rip out scenes and rebuild from scratch. Our biggest renovation plans will be for Terror Visions 3D and Lemp and will do less on Darkness. With that being said we are planning on doing some really awesome things in Darkness that no one has ever seen before... several digital FX, a massive cave that I can't really describe, trust me when I say (IT WILL BE AWESOME). So keep looking for a new thread its coming soon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR3x7h5sqKE