PDA

View Full Version : SCARYWOOD Project Photos

Gore Galore
11-28-2010, 06:49 AM
Alright,
Here it is.
I have been working on a Gore Galore Gallery featuring the work we did at Scarywood.
We will be adding tons more but most of the Scarywood Photos are up for you to enjoy.

www.gore-galore.com/gallery

We look forward to getting to design and build more attractions on this level again.

mikeq91
11-28-2010, 12:52 PM
Awesome pics, thanks for sharing! Great detail in your sets, though I guess I'd expect nothing less coming from GG. I liked the website format for the gallery page too, cool looking but also easy to navigate.

poison
11-28-2010, 01:25 PM
Wow! GREAT JOB!
It's so nice to see all the hard work you guys did.
It really paid off.
Great detail.
I had two favorites.... Boiler electric room, Collapsed stairs.
I have never seen anyone do a stair case that was falling apart from water damage and age. LOVE IT!!
Thanks for sharing : )

darkXmoon
11-28-2010, 08:07 PM
I can't get it to work..

darkXmoon
11-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Oh, because there not there yet.. I'm slow. All the photos that are on there now are pretty damn cool so bet there going to all be bad add crazy good. As for the one pic you put up I LOVE THE WALLS. I know that sounds mean because i'm not commenting on the gore but I love nice walls.

So let us know when the new pics are online. Please!!

damon carson
11-28-2010, 10:24 PM
Those are some great pics Kevin. How much were you all involved in again? Did you construct the entire haunt or just in charge of props and set designs. I liked everything except the way the queline was lit. It looked too rainbowish. I did like the overhead lights pic of it though it looked awesome. Great job!
Damon

Gore Galore
11-29-2010, 06:51 AM
Darkxmoon,
there are a ton of pics there.
You have to go the Gallery menu at the top left and select your photo categories from the drop down lists.

Damon,
Many of the photos were done with a Bulb exposure. In order to see the details in the Queue-line, I had to do some pretty long exposures. These ended up much more colorful than what it was like when the haunt was running.
I tried to darken them up but then you loose the details.

I designed the attraction from ground up starting in March. All I was given were the dimensions of the building, and the basic theme the owner wanted to see happen.
We did everything in CAD: so floorplan, props, scares, pneumatic, electrical, lighting, Audio, safety, and Control room etc...
I traveled there and oversaw their crew doing the construction. Wow, I am telling you these guys could seriously build anything. If you checked out the Silverwood website. They built all the building on their property.
After they did the lumber construction, We came in and built the rock croppings, installed the forests, put all the props in their scenes, and themed everything top to bottom.

By working together this way we were able to knock out this attraction in 6 weeks. And if we would have had more time..WHO KNOWS...I can't wait to get to invest more time in building a permanent show.

Then I hired the Makeup Coordinator, Theming Coordinator, Acting and Scarezones Coordinator, and Blood Bayou Operations manager. Then we interviewed and hired the Makeup artists, and interviewed and hired the Actors and determined their spots in the 3 attractions.
I was also involved in developing the attraction logos using Gore Galore Images.
And I recommended what merchandise they should sell on top of what they were already selling.

I am happy to say we got to do alot with Scarywood. They let us have alot of input and that makes me happy and proud since they were very successful for a 2nd year show.

We did 40,000 customers in 15 days helping Silverwood to reach a record attendance year of 600,000.
Definitely something to be proud of. Now, I can't claim credit for their success. They know their business and they put alot of time into their marketing. They did a beautiful job making sure everyone knew about it, and knew what they had done this year.
Did you see the commercial? It is on Youtube. you can find it by searching for "Scarywood Haunted Nights"
ALL I can say we did was build "Blood Bayou" that was getting insane rave reviews, and help them with their operations.

Dr Spooktakular
11-29-2010, 10:37 AM
Kevin, I saw in the captions for many of the pics that you will have plenty of new products at TW. I saw one that talked about you having vacuumform panels in 2011, is this true? If yes, how many styles will you be offering? I got the Gore Pile last year and put it on our dining room table, that 1 piece had people talking about our dining room set in the exit interviews, I look forward to spending some $$$ with you at TW.
Thanks,
Scott

damon carson
11-29-2010, 12:10 PM
How many square feet was Blood Bayou? Thats something to get all of that done in 6 weeks. How many people were involved putting it all together far a building ect. Not including actors.
I will definately check it out on youtube. Is this at a theme park? You said total 600.000 people for the year right?. Is it Silverwoods Halloween event?
Damon

Gore Galore
11-29-2010, 01:23 PM
Scott,
Sorry to say at this point it is just one panel.
It is a rock panel 2 x 4 that interlocks together. You can see it in the Queueline Cemetery pics and the Sewer pics. It turned out great. We will have them displayed at the show. We have 2 pallets full of them sitting here ready to use.
There wasn't anything available on the market that fit what I wanted it to look like so I designed one myself. I am also looking at having them made out of fire retardant rated material But you know doing so will make the cost higher. But that will offset the cost of having to fire retard them.

Damon,
The Blood Bayou was 8,000 sq feet.
The construction crew was something like 10 guys until we arrived for theming, and then my crew was made up of 5 guys including myself.
6 weeks of construction and then 6 weeks for our theming but those time lines crossed over one another by 3 weeks. So 9 weeks total I guess from Start to completion might be the right way to describe it.
The construction was supposed to be done before my crew arrived for theming, but you know how not getting permits in time can screw things up. That is exactly what happened so the construction crew and the theming crew had to kind of work around one another.
As soon as they would finish a construction element we were right on their tales to theme it.

www.silverwoodthemepark.com
www.scarywoodhauntednights.com is the website. You can see they used our products in their marketing imagery.

And yes, 600,000 for the year
there are articles all over the internet about Scarywood Haunted Nights and their attendance. Like I said they worked their marketing pretty hard.

The Mad Hatter
11-29-2010, 09:34 PM
Just beautiful, I just love your stuff man!

-Frank Balzer

Gore Galore
12-01-2010, 05:35 AM
Frank,
thank you very much. It is greatly appreciated.

I still do not have all the images uploaded to the gallery but now experimenting with uploading video to the gallery.

However, went ahead and will be posting some to youtube and then post here for your enjoyment.

This is a video of the Giant Goat Head Actor Operated animatronic we designed and built for www.houseofshock.com and www.scarywoodhauntednights.com
It has an unbelieveable range of motion. It can come out, head can go up down left right and then rotate 180 degrees in either direction. Has a working pneumatic jaw, and lighted eyes that are controlled by the relay on the control board that is then triggered by the actor. Pneumatic jaw lipsynched to the audio.
And yes, I know it is a dark video. It was the best I could do on the spot with a small hand held camera. The goat head is so big I just couldn't get close enough for the nightvision to do much good while the show was running.

XqjON7oZTHI

Hopefully more coming soon of the event and the new products we created.

krazedklownkilla
12-01-2010, 07:38 PM
looks GREAT keep up the good work

Frightguy1
12-05-2010, 09:23 AM
Awesome, awesome, awesome....did I say Awesome yet?

Gore Galore
12-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Did you say something about AWESOME!!!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you very much.

I also just added audio to the gallery.
Still trying to figure out the best audio fit.

Frightguy1
12-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Um yeah...definitely awesome! The Gallery is Great Kevin and I am liking the music. Hope to see more haunts getting the Gore treatment next year!

Gore Galore
12-07-2010, 07:22 AM
I hope so to,

I absolutely love traveling to a location and designing an attraction start to finish and then getting to see it built.

We won't do a ton of them. But just 1 major event a year or several independent scene designs.
I learned this year I am not capable of taking on tooo much
Well, I also ran the event so that had a major impact of that. But I must say that was the most joyous part of it all.
To see the event operate smoothly after ALL the work was done was the icing on the cake.
Honestly, I offered to run it to make sure that everything operated smoothly. Happily, it did.

But thank you, I appreciate yours and everyone else's complements. I really do.

Gore Galore
12-08-2010, 08:29 AM
I started another thread to address this but I should have just posted it here.

I just started a gallery of Customer Photos using Gore Galore Products.
So if you would like to see your Haunt Photos w GG products in them on our Gallery under "Customer Photos" please forward them to me via email. We would be honored to post them and even post a link to your website and give some of the details of your event.

thanks and keep gore alive!

Gore Galore
12-13-2010, 06:53 AM
A couple customers have provided images to be placed in the customer photo section.
Please check them out.
I am liking this gallery more and more.

And again I would love to see a ton of your photos in this gallery so please shoot them over via email and I would be happy to post them for all to see.

Gore Galore
12-16-2010, 10:49 AM
I have added 2 new projects to the gallery

the first is the work I did for court tv a couple of years ago of an infant mummy for a court tv case where an Archaeologist was digging up mummies, stealing their burial wrappings, and re-burying them in his back yard.

the second is the work we did for a film called "Death Dealer" for a film producer and musician named "Joe Hollow". Alot of Custom Corpses and gore.

Raycliff Manor
12-16-2010, 01:26 PM
Kevin... congratulations on living the dream my friend and you and your team definitely knocked this one WAY OUT OF THE PARK! A-FREAKIN-MAZING work!!! The set design, detail, lighting... everything is GORGEOUS!!! Outstanding!!!

Kel

zombietoxin
12-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Sick!

Zombie like!

Zombie want to make love to it!

Gore Galore
01-02-2011, 03:01 PM
I just finished uploading the Blood Bayou images of the attraction under work lighting. It is like a behind the scenes tour as far as images go.
I still have much more info to provide regarding the crew involved and still yet to upload the makeup photos. But I do have many of those to add under the makeup category. I will also post when those have been added.

FrightAdventurer
01-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Awesome work!

Gore Galore
01-06-2011, 01:42 PM
I have been waking at around 5am so I could work on the gallery, so I was able to post the makeup photos this morning on the gallery at
You will see the makeup artists applying the makeup and then the finished makeups.
we developed most of these makeups ahead of time, and wonderfully watched the makeup artists improve on the quality and speed of the makeup all through the season.
We had 6 makeup artists and did approx 125 makeups in 3 hours nightly.
Most of the makeups were not complex but some did use buildups and a few used full face prosthetics.
We did purchase alot of prosthetics from www.boneyardfx.com and made masks out of most of those for many of our quick startle scares. You can see some of those masks in the "Blood Bayou" actor photos.
thanks and enjoy

jakprintsHAUNT
01-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Kevin,

Wow! This all looks amazing! I really need to start travelling around more and checking some of these places out in person!

Mike "Pogo" Hach

-