PDA

View Full Version : Back from vacation

xxxdirk
03-13-2007, 08:38 PM
Had a great time in Ixtapa. 88 degrees every day, snorkeling, parasailing, horseback riding and scubadiving too. Now looking forward to Hauntcon in May and building and getting ready for October!

brad
03-13-2007, 08:54 PM
I'm jealsous!

SpFXChic
03-13-2007, 08:55 PM
Welcome back, Ron! Sounds like you had a well-deserved fun trip! We missed you!

xxxdirk
03-13-2007, 09:03 PM
oh yeah, almost forgot the coolest part. The last night there we went on a sunset cruise and got to see 3-4 humpback whales only about 100 feet from the boat!!

Empressnightshade
03-13-2007, 10:38 PM
I wish I could hear your "Irish" accent saying all of this! :D

Jim Warfield
03-13-2007, 10:41 PM
Oh Yah?
Well Mr. Tuxedo and I just got back from vacation too! The excursions to the far side of Mars aren't cheap, usually requiring the donation of a small body part,the trip can be free if you know the aliens and don't laugh at them when they mispronounce simple words.
Gorgeous Earth-sets in a far off black sky and all the free Martian sand for souveneers!
Mr. "Tucky" likes his toes in the sand, usually his hind toes, as he's backing up. Hear his warning bells?

Ken Spriggs
03-14-2007, 07:17 AM
Silly that's not Irish accent...that's a Wisconsin accent!!!!
You should hear the folks from way up in Wisconsin.
Tattoo doesn't count he doesn't live there!

Empressnightshade
03-14-2007, 07:42 AM
Silly that's not Irish accent...that's a Wisconsin accent!!!!

Ken, notice the word Irish was in quotations. It was a joke, Love. It's something Rondini and I chatted about on the bus ride over to Dream Reapers.

Raycliff Manor
03-14-2007, 08:05 AM
You know you have a year of incredible good fortune for every whale you spot ron! Glad you were able to enjoy a great vacation. I know you were ready for it after the past year. It's reward time my friend! :wink:

Kel

xxxdirk
03-14-2007, 08:37 AM
Actually, I don't know if the mid to upper Wisconsin accent I have sounds Irish, or if it is just me, but Gwn was not the 1st person to say I have an Irish accent. I have no Irish blood in me that I know of. Polish, German and Sweedish. If you ever want a good laugh though, get me going on my heavy over exagerated Uper accent. "YA Der Cripes sakes, I love da Packers doncha know, and dat Bret Favre, cripes, da best quarterback in da NFL. Now, we we gonna do a shot?" You guys ever notice there are no haunts in northern Michigan. I am talking the U.P? Just does not work for scarrieness. "Ya der, boo, fer cripes sakes! NOw, I am gonna take dis here knife and cut your thoat, eeh?"

Empressnightshade
03-14-2007, 09:38 AM
LMAO!! :lol:

Mr. Malice
03-14-2007, 09:54 AM
Ron, we's cheeseheads hafta stick ta'getter! What for how come why you say that, eh? We have accents and sometimes it ain't pretty.

Jim Warfield
03-14-2007, 10:06 AM
The clue is how someone from Wisconsin pronounces "Wisconsin'
It usually seems to my ears to be more like "Wizs-Consin" and it's said a little quicker too.
I tend to think those real scary people from Wisconsin really didn't say much to anybody before they sliced, diced and shot and ate them.
(Jeffy and Eddie)