PDA

View Full Version : Airbrush makeup kits

Halloween_fiend2007
12-20-2010, 09:46 AM
I would like to start using airbrush makeup for my haunt and I'm not sure what brand or kit to buy. I would like it to be a whole package as in (airbrush, compressor & paints) but I'm just not sure what to buy, or how they work as in for multiple colors switching back and forth. Any help would be appreciated.

Allen H
12-20-2010, 10:24 AM
This is the bestthing out there in my opinion.
http://www.harborfreight.com/professional-6-color-airbrush-kit-with-holder-95923.html
Then you will need a compresor unless you have one you use for pnumatics If you use a big one for your show, you can use that for make up you just need to put a regulator and water trap on the line. Or you could get a small airbrush compressor (your big one works fine)
here is a good model
http://www.harborfreight.com/1-5-hp-58-psi-compressor-and-airbrush-kit-95630.html
yeah thats another set that comes with another airbrush, but can never have to many in my opinion.
I have an airbrush make up DVD coming out for haunts in march and I will go over setting up your make up area/ room .
good luck and start airbrushing! there is no faster way to do make up, i have about 60 make ups to do in an hour and a half it would be very difficult with out an airbrush set up.
Allen H

Halloween_fiend2007
12-20-2010, 02:28 PM
I just ordered the kit. Thanks!

Halloween_fiend2007
12-20-2010, 02:39 PM
Any suggestions on the best deal on the makeup paint, and colors?

Allen H
12-20-2010, 03:28 PM
email me, I have a document I can send you with alot of info on airbrush make up and alot of this is covered.
stiltbeast@gmail.com

krazedklownkilla
12-20-2010, 04:10 PM
can I get that too allen jbenge2000@yahoo.com

Graveyard
12-20-2010, 07:02 PM
Yep the Harbor Freight Kit is great, especially at the price!

I have owned both the Morris Kit($$$) and HF, and you just can't beat HF.

HF has 20% off purchase coupons out there too - be on the lookout and use them when you can.

Paul Boyd

krazedklownkilla
12-21-2010, 05:36 AM
that is a good price. I have to wait till after xmas to get one. and i know it will be back to reg. price by then....lol

jaxhaunt
12-28-2010, 08:49 AM
When do you think you video will be out? I would love to learn how to airbrush for makeup. I have alot of questions that I hope it would answer. Thanks.

Allen H
12-28-2010, 09:49 AM
It will be out by transworld, and I will have copies there. Around the same time it will be available for order online. It will have a Ton of info on it and there will be two DVDs that can be purchased as a DVD or as a set. Vol1 will have info on equipment and techniques and instruction all the info you need to get started/ get better and its all from a haunt perspective. Vol2 is three camera angles of me doing as many make ups as time will allow on film, at haunt speed so you know what to expect.
Allen H

krazedklownkilla
12-28-2010, 05:00 PM
Allen Will you be at hauntcon this year? or do I need to get your dvd off the net.

Allen H
12-29-2010, 12:43 AM
Grab it off the net, my monster museumis open during Hauntcon so I cant ever make it there.
I will be at Transworld, and MHC though, and possibly the west coast haunters convention.
Allen H

krazedklownkilla
12-29-2010, 05:49 PM
let me know when its out ill be first to get one

Boni
12-31-2010, 09:53 AM
Allen,

I just wanted to say thank you publically. That info sheet you sent was perfect for someone like me just thinking about using air brush make-up. Great advice, great warnings about common mistakes, it was very helpful to me.

hauntman666
12-31-2010, 06:43 PM
I agree Allen has always been helpful with everything when I started doing airbrushing Allen told me about the harbor freight kit and I have used other kits also and for something real basic,quick, and cheap I definitely think that is the best kit out there.

Allen H
01-01-2011, 12:55 AM
I appreciate your thanks, I try alot of stuff that dosent work so when I find something that does work I share!
Happy new year,
Allen H

krazedklownkilla
01-01-2011, 08:13 PM
will any Acrylic Paint will work? just as long as I mix it to a 40/60

Allen H
01-02-2011, 12:59 AM
Pretty much, but I like apple barrel brand because its available and non toxic.

krazedklownkilla
01-02-2011, 07:56 AM
now thats for makeup will the same paints work if i want to paint props or on the wall. will the mix stay the same 60/40

Allen H
01-02-2011, 10:39 AM
yup, they will work the same.

krazedklownkilla
01-03-2011, 02:25 AM
you dont know how much help you have been thanx alot.

Terrorknight
01-03-2011, 07:12 AM
Allen is right I picked up the 6 airbrush system as a cheap backup and after day one it was the only thing we used. It never clog on us unlike the very pricey ones we had been useing, the only down side is tangling the lines, best thing to do is buy a second set of hoses and it will help. The second thing we changed was the makeup we are useing, we went with European body art, great makeup great price 1oz bottle around $15 and 4oz around $38 but once you spend $300 with them the price drops and stay drop on all orders after. Also there makeup goes alot longer then other makeups if used in the past, one 4oz bottle of white lasted about 6 days at 35 actors a night, everyone is based in white first and two of those actors were white from head to toe. I'd say pick it up and try it at least once. www.europeanbodyart.com

Robert

Allen H
01-03-2011, 11:12 AM
I use some of the endura make up from them, its alcohol based so I use it on my actors who sweat alot because they can sweat it off. Yarrow is the owner over there and He uses Nick Herarra at trade shows. I used to work with Nick at Skull kingdom, both guys are really great to deal with.
Allen H

Terrorknight
01-03-2011, 11:53 AM
I went with the Vibe water based and still had no problems with sweating it off, I was very happy with there product. But i was going to check out the endura paint for something else i'm working on.
And i did have a easy time working with the company, I forget who I was dealing with but it was a women.

Robert

scubadog
01-09-2011, 02:43 PM
email me, I have a document I can send you with alot of info on airbrush make up and alot of this is covered.
stiltbeast@gmail.com
Hi Allen could I get a copy of the info? By the way loved the Dynamic Haunted House Acting DVD 1& 2. Will you be teaching a class at Transworld?

Thanks,

Rick

Allen H
01-09-2011, 03:19 PM
Im glad you liked them! I will be teaching a class at transworld, Ben has asked me to teach "how to scare the @#$% out of anyone" and Im all about it, it should be a fun informative class.
To get the doc, you can email me at stiltbeast@gmail.com or post your email here and I will email it, unfortunately I cant post or email documents.
Allen H

krazedklownkilla
01-09-2011, 03:35 PM
you should video your class and send a copy to me cause I am going to hauntcon this year and wont be able to see your class

imagineer
01-10-2011, 03:21 PM
This link is a video. It might not help you sellect the right tool for the job, but it will show you how to use your airbrush, or at least show you what they can do.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Flash3DLLC#p/u/7/m5zj1nHl6wc

scubadog
01-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Im glad you liked them! I will be teaching a class at transworld, Ben has asked me to teach "how to scare the @#$% out of anyone" and Im all about it, it should be a fun informative class.
To get the doc, you can email me at stiltbeast@gmail.com or post your email here and I will email it, unfortunately I cant post or email documents.
Allen H

Sorry I should have posted this with my earlier post. It is eatonsprchard@comcast.net .
Thanks in advance for the info!

Rick
The Old Orchard Trail @ Eaton's Orchard
eatonsorchard@comcast.net

sean
01-11-2011, 06:10 AM
Allen,

Just bought the 6 pk airbrush from Harbor Freight. I was worried it'd be poor quality for the price, but decided to go with it. They just came in, quality seems good, can't wait to put 'em to use. Thanks for the recommendation, saved me over a grand :)

Allen H
01-11-2011, 10:01 AM
You also seem to have a store in pittsburg off or route 22 not to far from you.
http://www.harborfreight.com/store-finder I highly recommend going in if your able a great place!

sean
01-12-2011, 07:05 AM
right, we've been there before, the prices are ridiculously low. I didnt know anything about the airbrush combo until I saw the post though as it was only available on their website. I'll be checking it more often now ;)

Badger
01-12-2011, 11:22 AM

Allen H

I will absolutely be there...

soulhasdied
02-21-2011, 06:00 PM
Allen
Could you pass the paper along to me too gonna be getting into airbrushing this year finally..

Thanks

Realstreet2005@yahoo.com

Allen H
02-25-2011, 07:14 AM
The DVD is finished
It should ship on the 8th Im accepting preorders now, if you preorder you will get a surprise.

http://www.stiltbeaststudios.com/About.html
http://www.stiltbeaststudios.com/images/dvd_cover_front_web.jpg