PDA

View Full Version : Allen Hopps for Haunt Industry MVP!

Raycliff Manor
01-12-2011, 04:40 PM
I posted the message below in response to an earlier thread. I'm posting it here in a new thread as well in hopes you will join me in voicing your opinions as well. I'd love to see Allen get the recognition he deserves for his incredibly positive contributions to the haunt industry!

Allen,

My friend, you have soooo much knowledge and talent that it just blows me away! If you took all your tutorials and all the tips and insights you've consistently shared over the years and put them into one package, I'd pay top dollar for it! Seriously, you are a haunted attraction business encyclopedia Allen! You have an incredible wealth of experience and knowledge! You've been in this industry longer than most anyone I know and you somehow have managed to avoid the politics and the drama. You're also one of the easiest people in this industry to sit down and have a real conversation with. I'm inspired by you Allen and I'm proud to call you friend!

To Transworld and MHC board members, to IAHA, HHA and/or HAA and everyone in the industry... is there going to be a recognition award this year for Haunt Industry MVP (Most Valuable Person) or Friend to the Industry? I know in the past the association has given Lifetime Achievement Awards. I think it would be a great idea to have a MVP Award or something similar and I'd personally like to nominate Allen Hopps! He would be an excellent candidate for Lifetime Achievement and MVP!

Kel

screamforadream
01-12-2011, 04:44 PM
For someone who I never met in person, Allen has ALWAYS been extremely helpful in going out of his way to help me out regardless of what question I, an others, ask. I may have never met him, but I have An incredible amount of respect for him and if anyone deserves this recognition, it is definitely Allen.

Bobby

N2SPOOKINU
01-12-2011, 04:46 PM
I agree Brother,
Allen is always willing to help and he seems to always have the answers. Maybe TW can give out awards during the convention some how because Allen sure deserves one!
Greg
Fearfest

darkXmoon
01-12-2011, 04:52 PM
OMG YES!! An all I can say is thank you Allen, I would take a bullet for him. Hell I would have given him my gull bladder if I had one I love the man so much. An to celebrate this joyous occasion I think he should make some thing really cool again so I can buy it....

Who's with me !?!

graystone
01-12-2011, 05:38 PM
Next to me I think Allen is the best! Just Kidding! Allen gets my vote! Shane and it's where and when do we vote? Shane this time!!!

Nightgore
01-12-2011, 05:59 PM
I gotten to hang out with Allen at the various shows and he's one of the coolest people ever! I only wish I had more time to sit with him and talk haunt, if I lived closer I know he'd be a "bar buddy" for sure!

Allen, you're so talented! You've got my vote! -Tyler

All American
01-12-2011, 06:00 PM
yeah Allen is full of great Info and just a really nice down to earth guy got my vote

Twin Locusts
01-12-2011, 06:09 PM
One of the most selfless, glad to help, knowledgable people I've ever "met". Doesn't try to nickle and dime people for advice and inshight on how he approaches projects.

Allen is an authentic friend to the industry, he does, where others talk.

Also, not that my voice matters, I second the nomination.

darkXmoon
01-12-2011, 06:20 PM
if I lived closer I know he'd be a "bar buddy" for sure!

If I lived closer I would work for the man. He is always willing to teach you, he's not drama, and he keeps his haunt running smooth and clean. Guys like him are getting hard to find in this industry.

rip-saw
01-12-2011, 06:27 PM
All I an say is ditto ditto ditto all of what has been said is 100% true ...I have met Allen he is from my current hometown he has always lent his ear to help us all out...and for those who have not met him you would truly be surprised when you did.......

spookhaven
01-12-2011, 07:41 PM
I agree, he is one of the most respected individuals on this board if not "top dog". He gives 110% and doesn't expect anything in return. I've purchased a mask from him and his videos. He is so down to earth and just an all around good guy.

I agree with everyone that he should get some sort of acknowledgement for his honest good old fashion caring about this industry and it's people.

Got my vote!

IF YOUR 555
01-12-2011, 08:07 PM
Great idea Kel...for everything he has done for us this is the least we can do for him. Allan, thanks and look forward to meeting you in March.

dungmaster
01-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Just to clarify - is this the member known as Allen H, who's always helping everyone? If so, I agree.

Madhaus32
01-12-2011, 08:44 PM
I whole-heartedly agree. Being someone who is relatively new to this industry (and this forum), I have undoubtably gained a lot from the nuggets of wisdom that he posts.

It's rare to find someone with so much knowledge that is willing to share it so freely and openly.

krazedklownkilla
01-12-2011, 08:51 PM
YUP.... hes got my vote.

Nightmaresgate
01-12-2011, 08:55 PM
Allen has been beyond helpful time and again. Having said that I have to mention that so many people here have been wonderful in offering advice and sharing information. This forum is a jewel of support and encouragement. But as they say "There can be only one!".... I would have to say Allen is da Man!!!

Jim Warfield
01-12-2011, 09:23 PM
Hasn't shown up here yet.. because you all embarrassed him?
Praise well deserved, I may add here.

Greg Chrise
01-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Why would you want Allen to be Vice President of the Munchkins?

Spoils
01-12-2011, 09:45 PM
You have my vote! Allen and Shannon Hopps are good people. I am lucky to have them as friends. I have been blessed to be able to hang out with Allen more this year then any other time since I have know him. He should defiently have the award!

Allen H
01-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Holy smokes! wow your away from the message board for an hour or two and look what happens! You guys are awesome. I have been in the industry for a long time (I know many who have been in it longer) but these are some of the nicest things ever said to me.
I decided a long time ago that I was going to try to help people if I was able, often it just means taking an hour or so and writing a response to a question, this industry has given me an income, a sense of belonging, and even a wife so its easy to give back.
I am overwheled by your kind words. What a great way to start the new year! This thread alone is an award I will cherish.
Allen Hopps

Bradenton Haunted Trail
01-12-2011, 09:55 PM
I agree he never even heard of me and sent me link's and all kinds of info. Thank you Allen H
Thank You,
Shawn

Tater
01-12-2011, 10:00 PM
Allen H for President! he really is an amazing nice guy that will do anything for anyone...Thanks again buddy for everything youve done on this board

hauntman666
01-12-2011, 10:08 PM
I agree he gets my vote. with anything I have ever asked Allen is always there to help out with anything that is needed being only 22 and having done haunts for 7 yrs I hope that someday I can have that much knowledge and be able to share it with everyone that needs any help on anything
If your at transworld Allen I would really like to meet you there sometime

MDKing
01-13-2011, 05:54 AM
Some of you spelled the name as Allan, so I assume you're talking about me ans believe me I appreciate this guys you're all too kind.

Oh you meant Allen Hopps??? Ok...that's cool, I see how it is! :)

Seriously, Allen is a great guy and wiling to help anyone and should be recognized.

Allan

legendsofthefog
01-13-2011, 07:52 AM
I don't have too much to add... you guys have all hit the nail on the head. We met Allen standing in line outside of the darkness in 2009, and have maintained contact through the forums... he even put up with our rowdy crowd for 14 1/2 hours (it seemed like) on the bus to the columbia haunt tour last year.

FablesStudios
01-13-2011, 11:59 AM
KING Allen!!

great guy, easy to talk with, meet at the convention last year. Hope to speak with him again soon.

Thanks man!

Peter and Dee
FS

damon carson
01-13-2011, 12:14 PM
All I got to say "I've taught him everything I know!" LOL! Allen and I tend to post on the same threads helping other people. He thinks or has a way to something. And I will have another. But the idea is we are helping whoever needs help. And different options for a person is sometimes a good thing. I will admit Allen is like a haunt encyclopedia far as info on how to do alot if not almost everything. Hope to meet him at Transworld.
Damon

Darkangel
01-13-2011, 12:32 PM
Damn Damon you trying to steal Allen's thunder or what? lol

Mad Wax Sculptor
01-13-2011, 12:43 PM
I have known Allan for 10 yrs and attest he is a great talent and valuable resource to our industry. We need to clone about 50 more of him lol

Raycliff Manor
01-17-2011, 10:29 AM
Bumped up for those who may have missed it!

Kel

scarygoat
01-17-2011, 11:04 AM
Everyone has taken the words right outa my mouth!

Allen, you deserve this 100%!

- Jake

elowther
01-17-2011, 09:30 PM
I have never met Allen but his posts are always very helpful and positive. A wealth of knowledge! MVP for sure, great idea Kel. If anyone deserves it he does.

Eric

IHAUNT
01-18-2011, 12:01 PM
I concur! Allen is the man!

Tom

mako
01-18-2011, 02:15 PM
Being new haunters Allen's UTubes and thread responses have given us solid direction time and again. He definately would get our vote......if I had one! LOL