PDA

View Full Version : How to scare the @#$% out of anyone

Allen H
01-14-2011, 03:14 AM
Im taking some time to pimp my class at transworld. The title pretty much sums it up, I plan to give as many tips and tricks as I can in order to help you scare the @#$% out of your guests. I have an hour for the class and I will gladly give more time talking about it after class or at the bar.
Scaring our customers is the core of our business and you should do every thing you can to make sure you are scaring your guests to the level they want to be scared! From actors to design I will talk about patterns of fright, body language tells, and other things to scare the @#$% out of your guests.
I want to fill this class room up, we all want to scare our guests so why not scare the @#$% out of them!
Thanks for reading,
Allen H

http://www.haashow.com/events/seminars/event/6/How-to-Scare-the-@#$%-Out-of-Anyone!

legendsofthefog
01-14-2011, 08:15 AM
Allen,

With a title like that, I don't think you're going to have a problem filling up that room. Not only should you pull damn near the entire forum population (am I right?) the title should help pull a majority of startups. RIP and I will surely be there. This is one of the few seminars that we're looking forward to this year.

Patrick

Nightmaresgate
01-14-2011, 06:35 PM
This makes me wish I could make it to the show!!! Maybe another time!

actscared
01-14-2011, 06:40 PM
This Sounds like the perfect title to your next dvd!!! I would def be buying it!

xtremecreator
01-14-2011, 06:47 PM
Is the diapers & toilet paper included in the price?

John

Jim Warfield
01-14-2011, 07:01 PM
But I'm just too scared!!!

Rocky Mountain Terror
01-14-2011, 11:46 PM
I remember telling you after you put out your second video that we only had it in the budget to get vol 1. After me and my crew watched it, we ordered the vol 2 the next day. On top of opening our first haunt last year, we also started Colorado's first actor troupe. Now, I had all ready been acting in haunts for 10 yrs (10 months total, lol) at this point, but with your training videos, we were able to kick it up a notch, and on top of a successful first year at Trick or Terror, the Rocky Mountain Terror Actor Troupe is now in high demand at other haunts. I had to hire someone just to manage the actor troupe this year. Funny enough, the person I hired had never acted in a haunt before 2010. She had MANY years of theatre acting experience, but after watching your videos, she stole the show at both our haunt and the haunt that hired our actor troupe. So yeah, count us in. I owe a lot of the success of the actor troupe to you Allen, so expect me to be buying you a beer as well.

Dark Scares
01-15-2011, 12:37 AM
Really looking forward to it!
Can't tell you how much your videos have informed and motivated us.

NightmareAftershockLLC
01-15-2011, 06:10 AM
Allen, why didn't you tell me you had two DVD's out?! Bought both one and two right now. Looking forward to seeing what you have to offer! =)

krazedklownkilla
01-15-2011, 07:22 AM
this would be a great class and I wish I could make it to the show. Over the last 12 years I have done everything I can thing of to scare people. You have different groups of people that are scared of different things. It seems that we will be waiting on the next group to come and some times you will hear them coming They are screaming like crazy. This is when you say OH MAN this is a good group I cant wait. But then there is times a group will come in and you cant even hear them they dont say a word. so I try to change up the scare. then there are groups that are having a blast they are screaming and joking and trying to scare each other. these people are fun to have so I play right along with them. THEN THE DICKS (most of the time its 4-6 guys in a group, they talk shit the whole way though. These groups I dont try my hardest to scare them I do a basic run and let them go. Some people get mad cause these guys dont get scared or cause they talk trash to the actors. But I feel like they paid GOOD money for a ticket so let them talk trash. the joke is on them, They just dropped like $80-$120 bucks to show how manly they are. thats cool Ill let you all think your a real man for that price. How do yall deal with the different kind of groups?

Gore Galore
01-15-2011, 08:09 AM
Allen,
I think you and I should talk.
I am doing a seminar on Queue-line Creatures and Giant Costumes, this includes stilt walkers, sliders etc and how this can help to transport your guests to another world.
I think this helps set the stage for scaring the @#$% out of your guests inside the event.
Bigger than life and helping the guests NOT know what else to expect from your events.
Maybe we can work on reinforcing some of the same concepts and giving everyone some great info for their investment.

Allen H
01-16-2011, 01:19 AM
Kevin, sounds great we can coordinate through email to exchange notes.
On another good note It looks like Im up in thelast slot of the day for the room, that means I dont have to rush out to make room for the next guy, so I will definitely be available for follow up after class.
I cant wait!
Allen Hopps

Jim Warfield
01-17-2011, 08:30 AM
You really have evidence (as stains?) in underware (well, it could be yours or other's) in which the accidental excitement leaves a stain like this?...@#$% WOW! How incredible! How "OUI-JA!"
We should be looking at ancient texts to decypher this mess-age. hahahah!
This is SCARY!

damon carson
01-19-2011, 02:50 AM
Does anyone include haunters? I know it can be done cause ive done it time and time again. I wouldnt mind checking this out just to get any new ideas.
Damon

The Escape Haunted House
02-12-2011, 11:49 PM
ill be there already have my ticket!!!

Mike Bizub
03-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Sold Out! Congratulations Allen. There may be a new video in the future for those who got shut out? Looking forward to it.

Goblin Sis
03-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Sold out? Fantastic!!!!

I am so glad that we bought our tickets a few weeks ago :) This is the class that I am looking forward to the most!

See you there!!!

Allen H
03-01-2011, 03:56 PM
I called TW and they are changing the room so it will hold double the original amount. So there are now more tickets! I am overwhelmed at the response, I hope to deliver a great class for you. I will be miked so there is no worry of not hearing. Its one hour and I promise it will be packed ! Im also the last one talking so if I go over a bit no one will kill me !
Im getting excited!
Allen H

Madhaus32
03-01-2011, 11:35 PM
Going to the your class thursday afternoon, Allen! Are you going to have your acting dvds available for sale afterwards, or should we just order them off of the stiltbeast website?

Allen H
03-02-2011, 12:10 AM
I will have actor training and the new airbrush DVD there. so you can snag them then, or at Juneau studios booth. They will be carrying my DVDs as well as their stuff, be sure to check them out.
http://juneaustudios.com/
Allen H

Soul Reaper
03-02-2011, 01:50 AM
Cool nice to see you got to swap rooms so you can get more people in the class Allen.

Lys
03-04-2011, 09:35 PM
So since you're the last one in the room for the day, I guess we don't have to make sure to send Steve's dart gun along with someone, then? *grin*

Are the lectures taped? Because those of us who can't / aren't going would love to see DVD's of the lectures.

spookjj
03-05-2011, 05:51 PM
yeah, good idea... I think having dvd (video) recording of the seminars would be awesome. I'm certain there'd be tons of new sales via net... on the otherhand, you miss the intangibles like discussions with others, ability to ask questions...etc