PDA

View Full Version : Dead Silence

HauntVentFX
03-16-2007, 07:52 AM
Has anyone seen Dead Silence (which opens in theaters today)? I'm considering seeing it later this weekend and was wondering what others have to say about it.

Thanks! :D

SpFXChic
03-16-2007, 09:54 AM
I'm not sure what to think of the main plotline...but I do want to see it solely based on the fact that it's done by the "Saw" guys.

That and most ventriloquist dummies are creepy. LOL.

MMManiac
03-16-2007, 10:41 AM
IM GOING TO GO SEE IT TONIGHT. I'LL POST HOW IT WAS

mindtumor
03-16-2007, 10:45 AM
I think it looks pretty interesting. I like puppets and ventrilquiest dummies so I am interested. I don't know exactly how big a roll they will play in it though.

Nightgore
03-17-2007, 05:04 PM
This movie was really good! Full of suspense and several moments of scare... plue "Billy" is just creepy as f*ck!

LOVED IT! -Tyler

HauntVentFX
03-18-2007, 07:12 AM
I am hoping to see Dead Silence within the next couple of days and may post a review later on. The ventrilloquist dummies look "interesting" to say the least. But they're still not as creepy as Corky in the movie "Magic" starring Anthony Hopkins as the disturbed ventrilloquist.

Corky truly gives me shivers every time I see it in that movie. Especially the one scene when his eyes move ON THEIR OWN :shock: while he's sitting on the couch (Anthony Hopkins is walking back and forth behind the couch not even touching him) truly gave me the creeps! It truly makes one believe that he just might be alive after all!

Jim Warfield
03-18-2007, 07:19 AM
Ventriloquist dummies scare me too! Especially when they are on TV pretending to be politicians!
Look real close. See that mouth-line?
I have always wondered exactly "Who", is making them talk?
Their wife?
Their handler?
Their Sugar Daddy?
Who is the real deciding mind behind what happens?
Can't get anymore scary!

mindtumor
03-19-2007, 05:27 AM
I went and saw this movie last night. I did not like it. It left a lot to be desired. I think the movie had potential but just didn't pull it off.

redcrowdesign
03-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Can't get anymore scary!

Ohh sure it can! wait to see mexican politicians... we watch the news and it is like a wicked puppet freak show :lol:

HauntVentFX
03-28-2007, 08:21 PM
I finally saw the movie and was a bit disappointed overall. Good special effects and creepy in places, but I could see the ending coming due to a few clues that I picked up along the way. I did, however, get several good ideas for future scenes at my local haunt. 2-1/2 stars out of 5. :)

redcrowdesign
03-29-2007, 09:48 AM
I finally saw the movie and was a bit disappointed overall. Good special effects and creepy in places, but I could see the ending coming due to a few clues that I picked up along the way

You know, there are several things that you need to turn off when you go to the movies, one of them is your cellphone, another, the brain... most movies today come 'pre-chewed' especially for stupid audiences, people like you and my wife, and sometimes me usually guess half of the movie, that's why I just turn off the brain and enjoy the movie.

I asked at the local cinemas & block busters, I don't see this movie coming for mexico :( I had to wait till SAW 2 was released to see SAW 1, so probably I have to wait till this movie gets popular to see it.

Jim Warfield
03-29-2007, 07:25 PM
I love a movie or a tv show that surprises me, unfortunately many of them are written by a committee, the SAME comittee that wrote 5,000 of the last 5,010 movies and tv shows that I have seen!
Maybe this is what humor has basically going for it? To be funny it usually has to be surprising or at least looking at something in a new way.
I tend to give high marks to any movie or tv show that surprises me even if alot of the remaining factors of the movie sort of fall down.
..and lay there...not moving.
then I bask in the warmth of the good times, that surprise.

redcrowdesign
03-29-2007, 08:05 PM
I love a movie or a tv show that surprises me, unfortunately many of them are written by a committee, the SAME comittee that wrote 5,000 of the last 5,010 movies and tv shows that I have seen!
Maybe this is what humor has basically going for it? To be funny it usually has to be surprising or at least looking at something in a new way.
I tend to give high marks to any movie or tv show that surprises me even if alot of the remaining factors of the movie sort of fall down.
..and lay there...not moving.
then I bask in the warmth of the good times, that surprise.

Go to youtube and download any MAD tv clip, it tends to surprize me, I am not that bright, but still they are funny as hell :)
I personally recomend 'spanish star trek' and 'stolen identity 3' this guys have an actor who does a hell of an impersonation of schwarzenegger (a.k.a. The Governator)

Nice to see you Jim by the way :)

Jim Warfield
03-30-2007, 12:42 AM
Redcrow! ...You...can "see" me?
HOW do you do this? Remote viewing?
Reflective clouds? Oui-Ja board with a lenses?
Tea leaves!!?

Yes, good to "see" you back here too (as I rotate my retinas 360 degrees looking from the back of my head(An excellant hiding place)

redcrowdesign
03-30-2007, 09:38 AM
LMAO

yeah, but see your avatar counts as seeing you 8)