PDA

View Full Version : So I'm Open TodayJan.17th

Jim Warfield
01-17-2011, 08:24 AM
Martin Luther Kind Day, a holiday when college kids show up sometimes...but it snowed.
Winter and bad weather Do discourage travel and going places, doing things, I'm still open, for what it's worth. I had a few last night, I actually had alot last Friday and Saturday, groups arriving in small busses from 2 hrs away.
If the weather at least stays predictable, people have confidence in the forecasts and still travel around the storms.

damon carson
01-17-2011, 11:04 AM
Keep the sidewalks clean Jim. If you shovel they will come!
Damon

SomeThingInTheIce
01-17-2011, 01:41 PM
Your snow has turned to rain here in Florida Jim, even with the snow I'd rather be at The Raven's Grinn Inn.

Jim Warfield
01-17-2011, 04:06 PM
that you would rather be here, in the snow.. that's still falling at 4:04 this afternoon. it began before I woke up early this am. about 1/4 inch ever 10 to 15 min. it might be 4 incheplus deep already?

damon carson
01-18-2011, 05:24 PM
Jim looks like were getting some of your snow. They are calling for 6 inches by Thursday morning here. Please no perverted replies! LOL!
Damon

SomeThingInTheIce
01-20-2011, 07:52 PM
I've never been in the snow before, seen it off on the road side once. Be sides a trip through your haunted house would be a nice way to spend the day.

that you would rather be here, in the snow.. that's still falling at 4:04 this afternoon. it began before I woke up early this am. about 1/4 inch ever 10 to 15 min. it might be 4 incheplus deep already?

Jim Warfield
01-21-2011, 11:46 AM
My previous plans:Working in the normally un-heated half of the house= forget that!
It was 21 below zero this morning! The cold seeps through walls, has little trouble infiltrating doorways, numbing fingers in record time.
Do I turn on another furnace just so I can do a little work over there? No.
It is supposed to get alot warmer in 2 days, so they say.

damon carson
01-21-2011, 01:30 PM
So are the tours alot quicker in the winter? If not how does anyone make it through. An hour and a half to 2 hours in the cold? Give me a raincheck till spring!
Damon

SomeThingInTheIce
01-21-2011, 04:22 PM
Wow. I forgot how cold it was in the wine celler and that was during the later part of winter, I think we went in late March. So that water that flows through the celler is all Frozen? "The Raven Grinn Inn Indoor Haunted Ice Skating Rink". lol. It has been a bad winter this year, a few more storms and that should be it. I bet you could walk over to the cemetery on the frozen river.

My previous plans:Working in the normally un-heated half of the house= forget that!
It was 21 below zero this morning! The cold seeps through walls, has little trouble infiltrating doorways, numbing fingers in record time.
Do I turn on another furnace just so I can do a little work over there? No.
It is supposed to get alot warmer in 2 days, so they say.