PDA

View Full Version : Split a room at Transworld Ren Hotel???.

wickedfarmer
02-01-2011, 11:01 AM
I am only one going to show from my haunt this year. Anyone interested in splitting a room at Ren.? (main hotel of show). FYI this farmboy is as straight as an arrow if you know what I mean. So...anyone who finds themselves in the homosexual group...well just pass on this. And as far as that goes...my wife would not permit a female to split a room with me. Well...maybe if she was lesbian that would be ok :) (just kiddin there...I am sure she wouold be against that as well) Not sure what days I'll be there yet...but if someone wants to split a room I figure that saves us each $50 a night so I might stay longer....more bar money!

Before this gets out of hand I am in no way a gay basher! I will drink at bar with anyone and discuss haunt stuff.

Darkangel
02-01-2011, 12:21 PM
Seriously? Seems like it would awkward as hell?
Who knows who would share the room could be a drunk, a sleep walker or a sleep farter lol.

Oh well, if you're cool with it...

DA

graystone
02-01-2011, 12:33 PM
I am loving this thread! Shane and it's this is great! Shane

wickedfarmer
02-01-2011, 12:43 PM
I partially posted it as a "what the heck this could get interesting". And everyone knows haunters are fine upstanding people....what could possibly go wrong?

Twin Locusts
02-01-2011, 12:49 PM
http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_house_forums/picture.php?albumid=36&pictureid=895

EDIT: after page 3 = 'told you'

Jolly Pumpkin
02-01-2011, 12:50 PM
I've been known to have night terrors and I may get violent. I don't mean that I might hurt you. I just may abuse myself. Most of the time I sleep in a onesie with the back cut out for easy access. Is that ok? I've been known to unwillingly partake in self massage while I sleep, so just don't look over at me when I go to slumberland and you hear a scary noise. You may be traumatized. I don't sleep naked, but my bare ass will be showing through my onesie. If there's money left for beer, then we can split it and get some drinks. But please don't put anything in my drink. There have been way too many times where I've woken up with a red ball or apple in my mouth, dressed up in leather and tied to the wall. If this is okay with you, then I would be happy to split a room with you. I'm just worried that you might be a weirdo. I hope you understand.

wickedfarmer
02-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Sorry...but with a name like "Jolly pumpkin" fraid I will have to pass.

spookhole
02-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Woah, Wait a minute...Now I realize my name might not be the best here but beggers cant be choosers. And like you should talk with the Wicked Farmer...Sounds to me like you have had alil too much fun with the sheep and Llamas...you know Shane has tigers and they are really looking to cuddle with someone....If we share a room...Dibs on being the Big Spoon...that small spoon gets all the bad stuff happening to him

graystone
02-01-2011, 01:47 PM
You try the boob lady? I hear she is not what "she" appears! Shane and I think this is heading down hill fast! Shane

wickedfarmer
02-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Yeah...spookhole is one I would pass on as well. No animals on the farm of wickedfarmer...but I understand your concern for the llama's with my name. My wickedness pertains only to making about a dozen people a night piss their pants and the destruction I do to weeds. I am one of these evil farmers that plants bio-engineered crops "frankenstein crops" and sprays the envirement with a 60 foot wide sprayer going like a bat out of hell.

crackers
02-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Hmmm.... Really wickedfarmer...U think of ur self that highly? many a times I have come across the guy that claim's to be straight and then u get a 6pack in them and there heels are in the air.... so don't patrinize me with bullshit" I am not a gay basher" and and make light heart about ur wife being lezbian... Really, u could not have come up with a better ADD than the one u posted....Why don't u take ur cowshit coverd boot out of ur mouth long enough to think with ur sheepshit dip brain and put up an add for a roommate...."hey going to Transworld would like to share room to save money...my wife said no females and really not into cuddling mad with anyone but my wife." WOW have to go now that took to much to come up with!!!!!!!:mad:

wickedfarmer
02-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Oh..and for clarification spookhole...there are two beds in a room no need for spooning. Did I mention I sleep with a Glock? It has a cool little red laser on it as well. Just point the dot and shoot.

wickedfarmer
02-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Crackers;

Reread my post. Didn't say my wife was lesbian. I saw post where everyone says where they were staying so I threw out a thing for laughs. But I do take back what i said about drinking with anyone at bar. You sound like a real ass hole.

crackers
02-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Thanks I try.... Wise words coming from such a prick

TheGreatPhantasmo
02-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Hold on... I gotta go get me some popcorn!

Darkangel
02-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Damn Crackers what's got your feathers so ruffled? He said nothing wrong at all..

DA

wickedfarmer
02-01-2011, 02:45 PM
I was going to delete this thread because it was getting out of hand. But since people are getting popcorn....I'll let it ride at my expense. My skin is thick enough. I've taken heat on here before for my views on some subjects and the ones who disliked my stance on a few things..hope to see you at bar at Transworld.

graystone
02-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Wicked hell it's all fun man! I am enjoying it. Hey I wear pink panties and love women who dress like ho's! Shane and it's anyone wanna tell a secret! Shane

wickedfarmer
02-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Thats why it is still up Shane. Got to laugh sometimes. Well since someone above said I couldn't write a better ad posing as a straight guy but really not being one; oh yes I can. You see I am a wierdo. I am one of the dozen wierdos that went to the church service at Transworld last year who thinks there are a few decnt people out there. Already have response by those who seem on up and up as a decent individuals...heck if they keep coming I'll put other people together. Three nights splitting a 2 bed room...heck i can now pay for Shanes kick off party, and haunt tour on friday & Sat night after taking family to Disney last week. This is a cheap trade show with cheap merchadise on display. My expensive ones are when JD green paint is involved. I haunt to supply income for my two handicapped sisters.

Ok keep the yucks coming. Some would be offended if you crack wisecracks about me being at church service last year...but not me. HOWEVER no jokes about my sisters. I would hate to put my fist in someones mouth at Transworld; especially if you are 6 foot 5 and would beat the snot out of me afterwards.

sophisticatedterror
02-01-2011, 04:37 PM
I have a third nipple....

graystone
02-01-2011, 05:15 PM
I had heard that! I bet it feels good to get it off your chest! Oh wait can you do that? Anyone else Damon, Tater, anyone I know we all have secrets! Shane and it's I was at that church service too! Shane

wickedfarmer
02-01-2011, 05:30 PM
You should flash them at the boob lady. Maybe she will get jealous and cover up!

Twin Locusts
02-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Hmmm.... Really wickedfarmer...U think of ur self that highly? many a times I have come across the guy that claim's to be straight and then u get a 6pack in them and there heels are in the air.... so don't patrinize me with bullshit" I am not a gay basher" and and make light heart about ur wife being lezbian... Really, u could not have come up with a better ADD than the one u posted....Why don't u take ur cowshit coverd boot out of ur mouth long enough to think with ur sheepshit dip brain and put up an add for a roommate...."hey going to Transworld would like to share room to save money...my wife said no females and really not into cuddling mad with anyone but my wife." WOW have to go now that took to much to come up with!!!!!!!:mad:

http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_house_forums/picture.php?albumid=36&pictureid=855

wickedfarmer
02-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Ah come on Twin Locusts if Crackers has so many guys trying to get some off him when he gets out a 6 pack; cut him some slack. He probably can't help it so many guys find him attractive.

Dark Scares
02-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Wow...just wow.

graystone
02-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Sell KY in the gift shop lobby? Shane and it's maybe? Shane

Darkangel
02-03-2011, 12:30 PM
I'm sure there's several blokes there who'd like to nibble on your crackers... Lol

DA

spookhole
02-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Hey Yall, Im needing a roomate for Transworld. Im bringing Ball Gags, Handcuffs, Feathers, Honey, Lube and Rubber fists...but none of that gay stuff going on in my room....im not homophobic or anything...Im just scared of gay people.....

T8R

brad
02-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Wow, this thread is awesome!!!! Lol
Twin Locusts, I love that poster!!

I was holding out until spookhole posted about lube and rubber fists. I'll share a room!! But no gay stuff. But I could use a cuddler!!

And for my cofession....

I like to dress up like a stormtrooper and have sexy time with princess leia posters and dolls.
Is there anything wrong with that.

Oh and another confession, as most may know, when I drink I always wanna flash things at people!! And get epic beer goggles too!

There, enough embarrassment on me. Someone else post something now!

Twin Locusts
02-03-2011, 03:41 PM

I was holding out until spookhole posted about lube and rubber fists. I'll share a room!! But no gay stuff. But I could use a cuddler!!

And for my cofession....

I like to dress up like a stormtrooper and have sexy time with princess leia posters and dolls.

Oh and another confession, as most may know, when I drink I always wanna flash things at people!! And get epic beer goggles too!

http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_house_forums/picture.php?albumid=36&pictureid=900

wickedfarmer
02-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Last year after Transworld I told a few friends at church my wife and I sat in on a church service at a haunters convention. Even mentioned another time about a thread about how many Christians were haunters. But where this thread has gone......I think I'll forget mentioning everything on this thread. Damn!

Darkangel
02-03-2011, 04:15 PM
This thread got me thinking... I'm assuming most haunts have a gay employee at their haunts or maybe several, but doesn't it seem like the haunt business does not appeal much to gay people? Not as guests mind you, as owners... Thoughts?

DA

brad
02-03-2011, 05:04 PM
DA, just to clarify, I am straight. But in '09, we had a gay guy work for us. He was a makeup artistfor us on some nights, and was always an actor. He may not have been as aggressive as other actors, but he deffinately put in a good effort.

I have no problem hiring a gay person, but they need to perform up to our standards. No matter who you are, what you believe, or what you prefer... If you can perform as an actor well, then I'll consider hiring you.

Allen H
02-03-2011, 05:20 PM
Dark,
I have several gay friends who work at and own haunts, It may be slightly stereo typical but their flair for drama and artistic eye dont do them any harm in a haunt setting. I have no issues with it at all.

wickedfarmer
02-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Pretty sure all my guys are straight. But one female in past could have been bi. I just didn't ask. In ALL seriousness...my original posting wording was chosen VERY carefully. In no way could it be construed that while I do not participate in alternate lifestyle I could not be accused of hate ;and starting a pickett/boycot of my or anyone elses haunt by gay community. Wifes former classmate started a big stink among former classmates on facebook over this very issue and it was ugly. I know those of gay community and we no more talk about it than my craziness of thinking of selling farm to finance my run for U.S. Senate. (I am millionaire on paper...cash poor.) But most business owners on here can probably understand that. I have had large group of lesbians come to my corn maze on sweetest day before. Their money looked exactly like everyone elses. In fact when I did that nights count....i couldn't tell who paid with what?

Darkangel
02-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Brad and Allen I'm sure what you guys do and said is common but they still seem to be on an actors, make up and costume level. How about gay haunt owners? Just seems to not be a venture they appeal to???

DA

Johnny Thunder
02-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Good news I have a room and am going to enjoy being alone at the Ren in my king sized alone :)

Joke - hope everyone can figure out a good financial and social situation ...

graystone
02-03-2011, 08:03 PM
I am looking for 2 lesbians to get their freak on with me! I will wear pink lace panties! Shane and it's look me up! Shane

N2SPOOKINU
02-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Dark, I know there are gay haunt owners in the industry. I know them personally.
They are great well respected men with an awesome haunted house. It may seem odd to you but they are out there.
How is this any different than any other industry. Just curious?
Creativity is necessary for any attraction and as Allen said their "stereotypical flair" could be a bonus for their haunt.
Just my 2 cents.

Greg
Fearfest

damon carson
02-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Allen I always took you to be a bit homophobic with all the topics that are brought up in the chat room?!
Damon

Darkangel
02-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Greg, you're reading into the thread wrong I'm not saying it's weird or otherwise all I was saying is it dies not, on the surface, seem to be any haunt owners who happen to be gay. I guess you proved there are some. I guess you never know who might be unless they are open about it and I've not read anything like that before on here.

N2SPOOKINU
02-03-2011, 09:49 PM
No problem Dark. I understand. It is amazing the differences all haunters have aiming for one goal.

graystone
02-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Well I will let Rick say it! Shane and it's I am a kinkie guy! Shane

QYHxGBH6o4M

brad
02-03-2011, 10:15 PM
Greg, you're reading into the thread wrong I'm not saying it's weird or otherwise all I was saying is it dies not, on the surface, seem to be any haunt owners who happen to be gay. I guess you proved there are some. I guess you never know who might be unless they are open about it and I've not read anything like that before on here.

Just to add to what Gregg was saying, there is a haunt owner in the DFW area that is about as openly gay as I think I've ever seen anyone. He is really respected in the community and used to work for another major haunt before venturing off on his own.

And I do know of many major haunts in various markets that don't participate in any way on these forums.

So yes, there could be many owners out there that are gay.

Gahaunter
02-03-2011, 11:03 PM
This thread has been very, um, interesting to say the least....

Yes, as has been pointed out, there are lots of gay haunt owner/operators. Several of them you guys already know and several of them would probably surprise you. Not everyone is stereo-typical, as within all cultures and classes of people. To make the assertion that they are all 'theatrical' is going out on a limb. The guys I know, all drink beer; love blood, guts, and gore; and are usually mistaken for being "straight". Also, assuming that they would be better suited to work in costuming, acting, or makeup is a pretty bold, dangerous, and inflammatory statement.

I think the biggest issue is this (and I'm sure many will disagree with me) is that for the most part, this industry is predominately male driven. Sure, there are women that own haunts, but the majority are straight males. Unfortunately, our industry also comes with a large amount of sexism and homophobia, as a result.

For an example, a small local haunt (here in GA) has pictures up on their FB account. It is directly linked to their profile, here on HW. In one of the pictures is two of their workers in costumes scaring folks. Nothing racy or weird about the picture. However, the picture has been labled "F@GS" by whoever set it up. I know for me, that's an instant turn off and totally uncalled for. I figure if thats the maturity level of this haunt, I'll keep my money and go see some other show.

Like it or not, many of the comments in this thread (intentional or not) can be viewed as homophobic. I'm sure Wickedfarmer and all, meant no harm but it still reads poorly on the maturity level of our group. This is why many of the gay haunt owners, I know, choose not to 'come out' as it were to the haunt community. The snide comments and off-color jokes create a sense of uneasiness and hostility, intended or not. God knows, Hauntworld is usually rife with drama. These owners feel no need to add more. If we are to change the perception of our industry to be more professional to the public, these areas (both sexism and homophobia) need to be addressed and worked on. People are watching us. Bottom line: we need to treat all folks the same.

Allen H
02-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Dark, you must have missed my statement
I have several gay friends who work at and own haunts I know of about 7 gay haunt owners.
I dont know of any Hispanic women owners nor any african american owners. I dont think its important what the demographic is though.

Damon- I steer clear of chat when it isint about haunting, Im a fairly serious guy when it comes to what I do, so when Chat slides toward hitting on the two girls that show up or penis talk...I have better things to do with my time. I judge no one it just dosent make me happy. I get to be a 14year old in my workshop so I dont have to be one on the internet. When were talking haunt, Im in.
Allen H

Darkangel
02-04-2011, 06:59 AM
Gahauntet,

I see your point. But you said some of these posts were homophobic, so what? They have a right to if that's what they believe just as the homosexuals have a right to what they do. Not everyone will agree and accept anything or everything and that's something everyone has to accept!

Allen, my mistake I did miss the part you said about you knowing gay haunt owners.

DA

dungmaster
02-04-2011, 07:38 AM
DA,

No offense intended, but you are the one who keeps asking repeatedly if any haunt owners are gay. What the heck does it matter? For the record, I am straight, but if I were gay, I would say so. It shouldn't matter what anyone's sexual preference is, just like it shouldn't matter what their gender is (I know you are actually 2 people, which is why your posts are often so different), what their race is, what their nationality is, etc. We are all just people, working toward the same cause.

Please drop it. Your question has been answered by several. Yes, there are gay haunt owners. I would guess there are gay people in almost every profession. Thanks!

Darkangel
02-04-2011, 08:03 AM
Dungmaster, don't you have some turd videos to post?

You're late on the thread it has already been established that there are gay haunt owners you're regurgitating past facts. I addressed Gahaunter's post about calling some posts homophobic not about gay haunt haunters if you want to join the discussion please get your head out of the toilet and keep up.

I have no problem with gay people or gay haunt owners it's not indicative to what type of person or haunter you are. I was merely inquiring about what I perceive as a lack of gay haunt owners to which I was proven wrong...

DA

damon carson
02-04-2011, 08:59 AM
Allen that must be some other chat room? We talk religion usually when your not in the room.
Damon

Allen H
02-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Damon, because of you Im cleaning coffee off my monitor.

dungmaster
02-04-2011, 11:51 AM
Every time I'm in chat with Allen, all we talk about is politics.

And DA, no I haven't posted a turd video on The Inflatable Turd thread recently (I think I remember reading that the last of those, which you posted, was of your family vacation). I've done much better than that. The newest video is an awesome warning for everyone planning to drive through Georgia anytime soon... ;)

damon carson
02-04-2011, 02:23 PM
I hope that was from laughter Allen! LOL! We talk how Shane religiously needs a woman! LOL!
Damon

devolino
02-04-2011, 02:58 PM

And for my cofession....

I was reading this thread and ALMOST laughing until I got to this. hahahahahahah

Gahaunter
02-05-2011, 01:15 AM
This post has seemingly taken on a decidedly lighter tone than before. I was going to let the topic go and fade into obscurity but I feel since DA mentioned me by name, I owed him an reply. There is where it get's serious again so everyone else feel free to tune out.

DA you wrote:

Gahauntet,

I see your point. But you said some of these posts were homophobic, so what?

So what? Really? That response is the reason we have this as a problem: people's apathy and ignorance. Turning a blind eye to it pretty much makes you an enabler of the problem. Most people all have the same response: "I'm not gay. Why should I care"? They don't realize how it affects people or even worse participate in it thinking, "it was only a joke".

You said:

They have a right to if that's what they believe just as the homosexuals have a right to what they do.

I'm not even sure what that statement means. What exactly are the homosexuals in your above reference doing, being gay? Living? What you've essentially just said is: someone has a right to insult, harass, make threats, and possibly physically attack another class of people simply because they don't like their sexual orientation and that it's ok for them to do it because, gay people are, surprise: Gay! How can you believe that anyone has a right to do that? There's a huge difference in just having a differing point of view/rejecting their beliefs, and being a homophobe.

This is the definition of homophobia:

irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

Irrational Fears. We exploit these in our haunts all the time. Funny thing is most fears are not irrational at all, but based on a real cause. Ask most of your customers that are afraid of clowns and you usually get a response ranging from: "I hate the clown from Stephen King's IT", or they had some sort of bad experience as a child at the circus. Why are people scared of chainsaws? Because people associate them with 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre' and they make a loud noise when they crank. Pretty reasonable, right?

It's highly doubtful that most homophobes were abducted as children by a rabid pack of gays; taken to Cathy-Lee Gifford style sweatshops; and forced to make rainbow flags while listening to Judy Garland and Barbara Streisand's greatest hits albums. However, if it did happen, I would certainly consider it a rational and understandable fear. =)

The second part of the definition I disagree with. I'll probably take a lot of heat for this, but I believe we have the right to like and dislike who we please. Let's face it, try as we might, we are prejudiced. I can understand people who don't like gays because they think they are too flamboyant, or flaunt their sexuality, don't like they way they talk, or are even religious zealots who have Leviticus 18:22 tattooed on the insides of their eyelids. They have that right to disagree or dislike them. Which is, what I think, you were trying to say here:

Not everyone will agree and accept anything or everything and that's something everyone has to accept!

I agree. We can all agree to disagree. The problem is what we do with that aversion or dislike. Which brings me to the final part of the definition: Discrimination!

It doubt you would say "so what" to someone: sexually harassing a women, bashing an older person, making racial slurs, nazi skin heads threatening Jews, insulting someone with a disability, or insulting your religion, at least publicly.

Oppressing, suppressing, creating an environment of hostility or discomfort is what discrimination is all about. I'm sure no one here thinks these are rights afforded to us to make us feel superior over another group of humans.

I'm sure we're probably on the same page DA. It's just the way you worded that made it sound like you think homophobia isn't a problem or that it's ok for someone to be homophobic because they think that's what they believe.

I now return everyone to their regularly scheduled thread, typed live in front of a studio audience.

=)

Darkangel
02-05-2011, 09:30 AM
Live and let live!

DA

wickedfarmer
02-05-2011, 09:42 PM
Well everytime I open this thread up again I wonder what is waiting for me. Gahaunter was going to let it fade and I think I will after this. This strikes me funny. I had a PM from a married guy who's wife is not going saying he was considering my idea VERY VERY early in the thread posting. I am sure there were no more than 2 replies to my original posting..if even that many when they pm'd me. But after over 1100 viewings nobody else will touch my original idea with a ten foot pole after seeing where it went to right away...right down into gutter. Now farmers going to a new machinery show/convention in Louisville Ky will charter a bus and fill it from one or two counties from Michigan. This happpens from all over the U.S. And the NORM is farmers will share a room...two guys...two beds per room. Now I will go even farther and do that terrible thing of sterotyping. I do not know of one gay farmer; and by farmer I mean corn, wheat, soybean, dairy, hogs, beef. I was shocked that someone posted something like they didn't think there would be many gay haunt owners....if I had to make a guess before this thread I would have said slightly higher than national avg. of all people.

The time at this farm show is viewed as much a BS session with each other to brag/lie about corn yields with fellow farmers as seeing the newest equipmet. Now I will sterotype my profession. Conservative, white, stubborn as hell, old fashioned, stubborn as hell, Christian but not Bible thumper, stubborn as hell. Nothing scares us...except weather and disease. A drought will scare us to death. A flood will starve us to death.

I was at a expo last two days. I had a booth for my corn maze at a Mid Michigans womens expo. I talked with a lot of moms, scout leaders etc. about our maze...and a few were interested in haunted trail. There were a couple of hair dressers there. NOW DON"T STEROTYPE AND GET AHEAD OF ME! You just did DIDN"T you. Yes there were male hairdressers there putting color streaks in womens hair. One of them stopped by and looked over maze pictures. After he left the next lady stepped up and said; "He was alittle light in his shoes wasn't he". This came from a 250# plus woman holding a large Pepsi. My response..."He was intrigued by the artwork I can create in 20 acres of corn using 3 miles of trails." Her..."Three miles!!!! I aint going in there!"

Oh yeah; your are dying to know if I am sharing a room. I doubt it. I think all the stuff on here would leave anyone leary of flying on a commercial plane sitting next to a stranger now. We have exchanged pm's about each othrs business etc. but neither one anxious to commit till we know more about each other. Maybe more accurate to say I would not look forward to a few jokes from a few people about being gay when I am straight as an arrow.

How twisted is that? Then again it boils back down to who I am. A farmer; stubborn as hell. So; the coming jokes wouldn't bother me. Hell. I may end up searching out gay haunt owners to drink with just to get away from childish adults.

Tater
02-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Hey nobody said I was an adult...

Jolly Pumpkin
02-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Farmer, you need to lighten up a little. The reason no one wants to split a room with you is because they don't know you personally. It's just not safe to stay with someone you don't know. I don't care if you say you're a church goer, are a family man, take care of the handicapped or whatever. It doesn't matter since no one knows you personally. A lot of people have normal facades when they are in public, but when you get to know them, you want to get away as quickly as possible.

I'm sure you're a nice and pleasant person, but with the world we live in, it's just not safe to take a chance because you want to save a couple of bucks. Hell, you don't know anyone else on these message boards either so you might also be putting yourself at risk. And by the way, you were the first person to bring up lesbians and homosexuals in your first post. That's one of the reasons why it got out of control with all the gay talk.

wickedfarmer
02-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Point taken Jolly Pumpkin. Understand people will act one way in public facade...but want to walk away as soon as you get to know them. But it is so totally un me I tend to forget it. Now part about "so I can avoid childish adults". A little sarcastic humor that went over like a lead balloon....or should I say a wet fart.