PDA

View Full Version : New logo. What do you think?

brad
02-15-2011, 08:51 PM
Here are 3 versions of my newly designed logo that I had Keegan create.

Just wanted to gage your guys' opinions on it and see what everyone thinks of them.

Im getting a few mixed opinions out there, so I'll see what you guys think.

Honest feedback please!!

graystone
02-15-2011, 09:00 PM
First one! Shane and it's go with the color! Shane

Nightgore
02-15-2011, 09:07 PM
Honestly man, none of them! Maybe it's the skull... change the expression! IDK... I'd def. have him work up more/different designs! Hmmm... -Tyler

Allen H
02-15-2011, 09:15 PM
I like it, but I think the name should be bigger than the skull. The middle one is the easiest to read, and would look the best on a billboard.

damon carson
02-15-2011, 09:21 PM
I think the skull bat needs to be raised a little off the lettering. Also maybe one wing a little higher than the other w a slight slant to make it look like its flying in. Rather than some prop from Target. Also I would go with a red or blood splat look to give an emphasis on the word FEAR. Definately the color looks best. Also if he could do flames in the back would look awesome like a bat out of hell.
Damon

Twin Locusts
02-15-2011, 09:54 PM
I like it for Kitsch if that's what you're going for. I'd love to mess around with levels and color if you want to send the layers .psd file. They'd be huge so you could use yousendit.com. I don't have time this week but would love to mess around with the layers, if you like one you can keep it.

This assumes he's using photoshop CS3 or newer. Whatever the case.

Also agree with Shane and Allen, a full color has a place and the desaturated middle one does as well, different applications.

Darkangel
02-15-2011, 09:55 PM
The middle one, black background white logo looks more clean and classic but I agree with Tyler see what else they can do to make it stand out.

DA

Madhaus32
02-15-2011, 10:52 PM
I might be a little biased since I am a graphic designer through the day, but I think this logo falls short in the same way that many, many other haunts do. Specifically, i mean readability. Don,t get me wwrong, the bat-skull art is cool, but remember that a logos primary function is to make your business instantly distinguishable.

Sometimes we designers get so tied up in using cool images and textures, that we completely abandon the purpose of the design.

That being said, i kinda dig the bat-skull logo and especially like how it still visually holds up in black and white. If it were my company, i would just stress to the designer that it needs to convey my name more clearly.

Just my two-cents.

spookhole
02-15-2011, 10:56 PM
Tyler
Im not sure what your problem is with the logos but you seem to be on here alot bashing alot of things. Now I havent seen your haunt but if the people on the boards that youve bashed went through and saw all your hard work, then said IT SUCKS...Blow it up and rebuild it, wouldnt you be alittle hurt about it. Granted I know he asked for opinions, but do you have to say SCRAP THEM ALL? Maybe next time you should point out the good, instead of the bad....maybe then you will get respect around here.

devolino
02-15-2011, 11:02 PM
I like the one with the black background for ads and stuff, but I think the color one would look the best on tshirts.

Maybe add a little to the color one, too. I like the way they look though :D

Nightgore
02-15-2011, 11:04 PM
Spook,

Something good.... I LOVE the text and the logo itself.

But the skull needs changing, maybe just an expression change. These are NOT three different designs, I work in Photoshop/Illustrator every day, these are just the same logo's with different effects over them.

Of them all, the first one is the best. But I think, THINK, the skull needs to be completely changed or modified in some way.

Just a thought, nothing more.

-Tyler

PS: I don't always blast/bash everything... I am however very BRASH and I will speak my mind whether someone likes it or not. I do have a good eye for these things because I do it for a living! But I don't like something, or I think something is not as I would do it, I'll say it. But YOU must keep in mind that it's an opinion, don't take it so personally. Brad's haunt is not mine and he can do whatever he pleases with such, I only offered a suggestion to a friend!

Bradenton Haunted Trail
02-15-2011, 11:06 PM
Brad i agree on moving the skull and wings up a little, and maybe try making the wings out of bones and thick webs or torn cloth type texture for the skin on the wings.

Shawn
http://bradentonhauntedtrail.com

Tater
02-15-2011, 11:06 PM
I think the Fear should be changed to red in all of them....and then scrap the skull and put Boob Lady's face in the middle of it

OblivionHauntedHouse
02-17-2011, 07:28 AM
I agree with Tyler. The Text part of the logo is great. It doesnt stand out. If you are going to want a skull and the wings - possibly use a bat skull. I would also reccomend putting a .com on your logo if your haunt is untilmatefearhauntedhouse.com. Worked great for us. Everywhere our logo is - sends customers to the website.

brad
02-17-2011, 09:51 AM
Erick, I will be adding the website to all of our advertising. I jsut wanted to get a base logo to start with.

So far, this logo is everything that I wanted it to be, but it's always good to get a few outside opinions on it. I appreciate all the honest feedback, and I have a better idea of what to do now.

But if anyone else wants to chime in and give their .02, feel free!

Soul Reaper
02-17-2011, 09:58 AM
I like the first one. I think it does need more work. Make the wording a little bit bigger and add .com to the end so people will know you
have a website. And the color needs to be done different so people can read it better.

The second one looks good for cerent types of advertisement. But again add the .com to it.

Jolly Pumpkin
02-17-2011, 10:47 AM
I actually like the first and second one and think they would look good on apparel. But, the logo also looks like something a low budget haunt would use. I personally would wear a shirt with the logo on it, but I don't think it's cool enough for teens. They are going to want something more eye catching and contemporary instead of a classic design typical of many haunts. When I mean eye catching I don't mean a design that's real busy and has tons of color. You need something out of the ordinary and this shirt just isn't. You would be better off using the logo that's on your website since it's unusual. The expression on the skull is a little too cutesy and should look more sinister. But, if your haunt is meant for the entire family with few things that will offend, then I guess it's good enough. If you are going to go for one logo, then pick number 2. It has a classic haunted house feel to it and will be easy for a company to create apparel since you're not using many colors. But overall the logo looks low budget and when people see it, they are going to think the same of your haunt.

NightmareAftershockLLC
02-17-2011, 11:39 AM
I actually like the first and second one and think they would look good on apparel. But, the logo also looks like something a low budget haunt would use. I personally would wear a shirt with the logo on it, but I don't think it's cool enough for teens. They are going to want something more eye catching and contemporary instead of a classic design typical of many haunts. When I mean eye catching I don't mean a design that's real busy and has tons of color. You need something out of the ordinary and this shirt just isn't. You would be better off using the logo that's on your website since it's unusual. The expression on the skull is a little too cutesy and should look more sinister. But, if your haunt is meant for the entire family with few things that will offend, then I guess it's good enough. If you are going to go for one logo, then pick number 2. It has a classic haunted house feel to it and will be easy for a company to create apparel since you're not using many colors. But overall the logo looks low budget and when people see it, they are going to think the same of your haunt.

Are you shitting me? I hope that website City Blood-Ohio haunt reviews isnt your site, or designed by you. Because if so, I'd be ashamed. Color theming is everything, which neither one of those sites has.

As far as the logo, Brad asked for feedback, i.e. I like it, meh, not my cup of tea. Not hey, good news, in MY opinion, its shit, blah blah blah. CONSTRUCTIVE is the key word in CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.

Don't everyone be douches.

NightmareAftershockLLC
02-17-2011, 11:52 AM
Those who needed to see it have seen it =)

NightmareAftershockLLC
02-17-2011, 12:02 PM
I think the Fear should be changed to red in all of them....and then scrap the skull and put Boob Lady's face in the middle of it

Wait, isnt there an inside story to boob lady? SOMEONE get me a picture of her now =) I will do it immediately

BruiseMuse
02-17-2011, 12:22 PM
I do think the skull's expression needs to be tweaked; it looks a bit happy.

FablesStudios
02-17-2011, 12:55 PM
This may not help but.. do what you like! I am drawn to strips, faded browns and the color red. I have no idea why. I like the way they look and the feel it gives off.

Each of your pics have good things going for them and good uses. The black and white #2 would be good for shirts and hates. Again my preference. I wear black and white shirts a lot (sitting here wearing a blk and white striped shirt). Color #1 for posters, billboards and flyers. Really grabs the eye. (again my opinion)

If you are going for a life like but whimsical skull then I think you got it. If your going for a more evil skull try removing the mandible (aka jaw bone) to give it more of an edgy look and not so much of a grin. (Example pics below be nice I did this in 2 secs in paint) same skull two different feels.

If you listened to everyone you would never have your own creation. Everyone’s haunt would look, sound, smell the same. Be your own and stand behind your product. Some advice on here is good but in the end it needs to do the job and represent your haunt to its fullest.

I know this is not great advice but its how I live my life and I’m still here.. I think….

Peter T
FS
7982 7981

HauntChick
02-17-2011, 01:48 PM
I have to admit that i like the no-jaw skull. and i also like the idea of having it "flying in" or with a bat skull. Those are all great ideas! BUT I have to say i like Tater's idea best, I vote boob lady's face! full color and for Brad's personal use. ;)

Personal like? I love the black background and white skull. it's my favorite. I have to agree with Devo tho, color on the shirts!

NightmareAftershockLLC
02-17-2011, 03:59 PM
If you listened to everyone you would never have your own creation. Everyone’s haunt would look, sound, smell the same. Be your own and stand behind your product. Some advice on here is good but in the end it needs to do the job and represent your haunt to its fullest.

Well said.

zachary
02-22-2011, 05:33 PM
asking others opinions is always a bad idea, ford vs chevy, dem vs repub, if you like something go with it, its your choice, everyone elses opinions are just that! but since you asked i could see the idea you were going for working out but the execution failed IMO, looks like it was rushed or something, too flat no depth to it.

piercemanor
02-23-2011, 09:08 AM
Number 1 definately. It has more depth and a more 3-dimensional look than the rest.