PDA

View Full Version : Talon Falls On Fire! This SUCKS

zombiphobe
02-16-2011, 11:24 PM
I feel so bad for the owner. I hope everyone is ok and they find a way to get back on their feet. Saying prayers for them.

http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/news/local/Beloved-haunted-attraction-Talon-Falls-ablaze-116368504.html (http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/news/local/Beloved-haunted-attraction-Talon-Falls-ablaze-116368504.html)

Nightgore
02-16-2011, 11:38 PM
HOLY CRAP!!! My heart just dropped... I hope this fire didn't cause any major damage to the haunts! I wonder what caused it? I hope they're able to still open for the TW event... I extend a helping hand to the owners and crew of Talon Falls, I'm 4 1/2 hours away but if you guys need me I'm there!

-Tyler

chuck weber
02-16-2011, 11:47 PM
this is terrible, but it seems to happen more often every year. sorry to hear of this horrible incident.

zombiphobe
02-16-2011, 11:59 PM
From the news story I think it said two of the haunts were ok. They have 3 I think. Looks pretty bad though.

xxxdirk
02-17-2011, 12:12 AM
My heart goes out to the owners

jakprintsHAUNT
02-17-2011, 12:34 AM
Having gone through something like this almost 10 years ago, my heart really goes out to them...it was one of the saddest days of my life seeing all the work and irreplaceable props costumes, etc...up in flames, I know first hand how it has to feel. Here's hoping it was insured and that they can rebuild, and/or if it was arson like in our case they catch who it was. If anyone hear's anything keep us all updated. Was just about to buy tickets for the event they were doing...curious if they will still be opening if 2 of the attractions were saved.

Mike "Pogo" Hach

drfrightner
02-17-2011, 03:21 AM
Yes this really really blows. I think they are great people, friends of ours, and I know he's devestated. I would assume their tour is cancelled. I hope he had insurance and will get everything rebuilt prior to the Halloween season. Patti wanted me to call him but I was like would I want anyone calling me if this just happened.... ahhh no I wouldn't.

I'm sure we'll get all the details but lets give them some space.

Larry

Soul Reaper
02-17-2011, 05:53 AM
It is a always a dark day in the world of haunting when we hear of a haunt attraction burning.

The fire did destroy several of the attractions at the park.
According to the Graves County Emergency Management Director, the only attractions which survived were the Dead End Haunted House and the Blood Creek Hayride.

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=14047280

At least they did not lose everything. This is some good news on a dark day in the world haunting.

graystone
02-17-2011, 08:16 AM
I sure hate to hear this. Your in my thoughts! Shane and it's if you need anything call me. Shane

Speculo
02-17-2011, 08:27 AM
Todd his wife Shell and his crew are great people and they were really excited to have us come see what they created. I am so sad for them! As to how the tour will go we will need to wait and see what happens next. Thank all of you guys for the support you are showing him.

Thanks

Dalloween
02-17-2011, 08:55 AM
Sending out good thoughts and prayers for their haunt family... I just know they have to be devastated right now.

OblivionHauntedHouse
02-17-2011, 09:20 AM
WOW! This is horrible. Thoughts are with them

brad
02-17-2011, 09:25 AM
I too would like to offer a hand and help out if they need or willing to accept any help. This is horrible news, and I hope they have insurance too!

Thoughts and prayers go out to the family, and let's hope that they will still open up for TW.

Nightmaresgate
02-17-2011, 10:27 AM
This sucks on so many levels. To all the people that have worked so hard on these shows you are in my thoughts. Your efforts were not in vain.... countless people will carry the memory of the fear/joy that you gifted them with through your hard work. I certainly hope that in time you will look back on this dark day as a chance to create anew something that brings you pride and joy.

eyegore123456789
02-17-2011, 11:02 AM
This is so Horrible, My Prayers are with them.

Mr. Haunt
02-17-2011, 02:00 PM
Sad story, I wish the best for them!!! Hope they can get all cleaned up by October and maybe rebuild what burned. Good news is the Haunted House and Hayride portion are safe from damage.

I hope that this does not hurt the industry making it more difficult to do outdoor events, due to the fact the firefighters had a hard time reaching the fire's. This is an important topic I think should be explored more.

For those who have an outdoor maze, how can we make it, so that the Firefighter's don't have a hard time reaching fire's? And should outdoor attractions be treated with Fire Shield???

So the big question is, will this impact or change Haunted Attractions and add more safety guildlines?

Brian
Mr. Haunt

hamilton
02-17-2011, 02:11 PM
Best wishes to the Talon Falls team. This does bring up an issue I've pondered for a long while though, which is better (proper) safety and fire codes for "outdoor" attractions, which I think can be more dangerous than indoor haunts for a variety of reasons.

graystone
02-17-2011, 02:17 PM
I did hate to see the guy bringing up the fact that the fire was hard to get to! Always got to kick a person when there down I just don't get it. My fire inspector told me last year that there were new rules coming out this year for outdoor haunts/events to. I did not think much of it because I am not outside and would not want to be. Lawd it's enough to hear complaints then to hear your staff is freezing is just an unwanted headache I can live without! Anyway again I am sorry to hear this guys hang in there. Shane and it's your in my thoughts! Shane

damon carson
02-17-2011, 02:30 PM
I dont know if they would really be able to open either. This is really bad. I was looking at there site and video after Ben was talking to them and I was like wow this place really looks magnificent. I think if I could have been able to attend and had bought a ticket I would have just donated the money to them. I wouldnt have asked for any money back. Maybe we can start a fund to help them out some? I know people on here have done that in the past in other bad situations. My heart goes out to them. But thank god no one was there when it did happen. It looked like an inferno! Not good at all!
Damon

Nightgore
02-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Sounds to me like there wasn't an emergency plan/book used. We are forced to have an emergency plan at every entrance/exit of our building. This 100-page binder contains all of our safety material, certifications, flame retardant info and MSDS, and a TON of floorplans and layouts highlighting where exits are, marking routes and faster emergency routes, overhead plans indicating where every sprinkler head is...

There wouldn't have been a problem here if a plan like this was used. Todd may have one and in the fury of things happening, no one thought to grab it... but... if your an outdoor show, I'd suggest adding this at the entrance of the property somewhere with layouts, acreage plans... even elevation plans! Here, the fire dept. will just let the building burn until they've reviewed our safety binder. Not to mention that EVERY station in the county comes here for daytime tours and binder review in the off-season just so they can get familiar with the place.

This sounds like it may have been an issue, and I suggest that EVERYBODY put a plan like this together! It could save lives and your show!

I'm glad to hear that no one was hurt at Talon Falls and that they will rebuild the show. It is a truly spectacular show! -Tyler

spookhaven
02-17-2011, 06:31 PM
Such a sad shame to see this happen to anyone. Our thoughts are with everyone!

krazedklownkilla
02-17-2011, 07:46 PM
Im very sorry to here this, I hope it was not a bunch of haters!!

terrormasue
02-17-2011, 07:53 PM
Oh my! How awful that something like this has happened to our haunt community! My thoughts are with all of you! May you have a speedy rebuild. Thank goodness that not one was hurt.

Sue

xxxdirk
02-17-2011, 10:08 PM
Just a thought, but how about one of the trusted haunt vendors at the convention have a donation bucket or something? I would be happy to drop some money into it.....

drfrightner
02-17-2011, 10:18 PM
Couple things...

1) Rick you said "1. treat everybody fairly, from your actors and staff to other competing haunts. As a community that tends to emphasize togetherness, I think this is a big thing. Life has a funny way of bringing things full circle.'

That seems to imply that this fire was arson like these guys had this coming to them...I know you worked there and live real close, are you suggesting someone burnt the place down? That is what I see here... by reading what you said. Please elaborate.

2) I talked to Todd today... here are the details.

They were getting the place ready to go for TW and they LEFT and went to dinner. When they came back the place was in flames! I will tell you what there might have been someone up there who burnt the place down, have you seen the flames its like it had gasoline all over the place. Todd and his wife are two of the best people around. Unfortunatly they had NO insurance... all of their attractions burnt to the 7988ground but two.

This is simply tragic and certainly not the time to be telling people they had it coming to them!

I think that was way out of line.

Larry

zombiphobe
02-17-2011, 11:39 PM
Larry, I was going to post similar thoughts earlier but just didn't. I completely agree with you. good post.

screamforadream
02-17-2011, 11:40 PM
That's one of the creepiest things on this forum. Seriously, NO ONE deserves to have that happen to them. NO ONE. This is a tragedy. I've never been to KY, but heard about this haunt up here, and I would love to have been able to see the entire attraction.

As for what Larry said, I thought the exact same thing. I'm not making ANY assumptions, but dude, that is just low. End of story.

Hopefully they rebuild it to its original glory and then some, so maybe one day I'll be able to fly down and see it. :)

Jolly Pumpkin
02-17-2011, 11:53 PM
I don't think Rick meant anything by his post. He's not saying that they deserved what happened. He's just saying that everyone should treat each other respectfully and it will be more unlikely for arson to happen. That's what I took from it at least.

screamforadream
02-18-2011, 12:03 AM
It's possible, but the wording alone makes me uneasy. I can't imagine how the owners of the haunt feel regardless of what he releases, that was NOT an appropriate time to bring past(?) issues up.

spookhole
02-18-2011, 12:09 AM
As someone who volunteered at Talon Falls for roughly five years and quit due to many issues. I'm glad nobody's hurt and I hope this wasn't arson but only time will tell. We can all learn two lessons from this:

1. treat everybody fairly, from your actors and staff to other competing haunts. As a community that tends to emphasize togetherness, I think this is a big thing. Life has a funny way of bringing things full circle.

2. Safety. Fire retard anything and everything and make sure there's nothing obstructing any paths. Imagine if this had been two weeks later during the tour. Glad it happened when nobody was there.

Ok maybe I will give you the benefit of the doubt here...lets say you really arent good with wording things. But this is getting silly. It sounds like you are one that started this...Not saying you are but look at how you worded this statement. "Life has a funny way of bringing things full circle"...Yeah sure it does if an angry employee takes time outta his day to post on a FIRE thread, with all the other haunters saying we are sorry to hear about this...for you to come on and say that...You make me sick, way to come off as a Grade A asshole...As for Talon Falls...they have alot of people offering to help...I will also throw my hat in to the ring

Jim Warfield
02-18-2011, 01:24 AM
About two years ago a local woman was visiting her friend in Florida. The garage caught on fire, the Fire Department arrived to find easy access to the fire blocked by some trees at the entrance to the lane, the trees grew there making the curves too sharp for a big Fire Truck to turn through them.
By the time an alternate route was found, running over someone else's farm field, the garage fire was much bigger.
Trees "Grow", but who could have anticipated them being such a potentually hazardous problem?
The ruins of the tragic fire would be a tourist attraction in and of itself, for awhile. Sort of like the old story of the retired circus elephant being an attraction, then it died, so then people came to see "Where it was buried!"?
All the while work could be secretly started to create the burnt, now scrap metal into an animated pile of metal able to rise up, and become a transformed, transformer-type of monster. Make it tall with a big voice, pointing and saying "I will find the arsonist!"
Maybe good PR could be generated by such an image to compete with Smokey The Bear? Taking Tallon Fals along for the publicity ride, of course.

hsmag
02-18-2011, 11:08 AM
spookhole:

Actually, on the contrary, I wouldn't wish this on my enemy and I'm not even in KY nor have I been for months. I hope it wasn't arson and I've heard from other people that have helped build the park that it was more than likely due to the way the electric was wired throughout talon falls. Perhaps my choice of words was wrong and for that I am a big enough person to say I was wrong and I apologize to anyone that it may have offended. I am glad that nobody got hurt and I hope that he is able to bounce back from this. Regardless of anything that has happened in the past I still don't take joy in this. I've been praying for him, his wife, daughter and son and will continue to do so.

hsmag
02-18-2011, 11:15 AM
Couple things...

1) Rick you said "1. treat everybody fairly, from your actors and staff to other competing haunts. As a community that tends to emphasize togetherness, I think this is a big thing. Life has a funny way of bringing things full circle.'

That seems to imply that this fire was arson like these guys had this coming to them...I know you worked there and live real close, are you suggesting someone burnt the place down? That is what I see here... by reading what you said. Please elaborate.

No I'm not suggesting that Larry and I hope that nobody did. As I said in another post from the people I've talked to that had actually helped build the park they seem to think it may have been due to electrical. And I am not in KY at the moment nor have I been for months. My comment was made in a general sense. You know the old saying "treat others the way you want to be treated because karma has a way of coming back to bite you in the rear" it wasn't meant as a stab at anyone

hsmag
02-18-2011, 04:18 PM
I don't think Rick meant anything by his post. He's not saying that they deserved what happened. He's just saying that everyone should treat each other respectfully and it will be more unlikely for arson to happen. That's what I took from it at least.

That's exactly the way it was intended. But I'm not just talking arson here, I'm talking about in general.

Dark Scares
02-20-2011, 12:10 PM
I think everyone agrees that this is a tragic thing no matter what the circumstances. My thoughts go out to them, and hope for a speedy rebuild.

Front Yard Fright
02-20-2011, 12:38 PM
Is there any word about a way to donate to their recovery? Like maybe a PayPal account? I know I'm not the only one that would be willing to donate to help these guys out!

spookhaven
02-20-2011, 02:11 PM
I think the lesson here is that you should keep the personal feeling to yourself and simply wish them the best of recovery. It definately came across in poor taste and could be interpreted in many different ways. It is so unfortunate that they didn't have insurance. If any vendors decides to do a donation bucket, please post it here. I think the TH has a support group across the country that is more than willing to help with money, labor, etc. Good luck!

drfrightner
02-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Would any of you be willing to meet up there in a couple months and build an entire haunted house in like three days... would anyone be willing to organize all donations?

I think we could an entire haunted house in 3 days if we get enough people to help. I'll bring my entire crew. Anyone else up for it?

Larry

Pumpkin King
02-20-2011, 03:31 PM
What dates are you thinking for re-building the haunt? I'd love to help out and probably would be able to come down with a few people to lend a hand. I don't have a ton of experience but I'd love to help out if I can and that sounds like a lot of fun.

Nightgore
02-20-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm willing to help and I'm sure I could gather some people! -Tyler

stafford
02-20-2011, 04:44 PM
Larry,

3 days? :) Remember, we're not as young as we once were.

Regardless, we would be willing to help in any way we can, let me know.

Chris

kpolley
02-20-2011, 07:35 PM
I'm definitely in. I'll likely have 5 or 6 people with me to lend a hand. I think a weekend would be best. When he's ready, we should have Todd sit down with a couple of us to formulate a plan.

Tater
02-20-2011, 07:44 PM
I would like to throw my hat in the Ring...Im just an actor but give me a hammer or something and I can help out

damon carson
02-20-2011, 08:06 PM
If it was closer this would be something great I would like to help with. I think its a wonderful idea! I think someone if there is someone extra should video tape it and take pictures of it all. Something like this should be documented and shared with others. If I can get away I would be there to help! I will have to see.
Damon

graystone
02-20-2011, 08:15 PM
I will try my best here as well! Shane and it's I will bring some folks! Shane

Fear Unfathomed
02-20-2011, 08:18 PM
Depending on when the weekend is, I'm in too. Anything from working with tools to the documenting side to doing the odds n ends. This story is heartbreaking and my prayers go out to Todd and everyone with Talon Falls.

I talked to Larry and Shane. Larry has agreed to put a "donation bucket" in the Lemp and Darkness merchandise stores at the end of the haunts in order to collect monetary donations for Talon Falls. Shane has also agreed to have a donation collection of some kind at his party on Thursday. Just what or how is TBA. ;)

So if you are going to Shane's party and/or if you will be visiting The Darkness or Lemp for one of the tours, you will be able to easily give a donation through a reliable source.

KeithK
02-20-2011, 08:34 PM
Count me in! It's just a few hours up the road for me.

REDRUM
02-20-2011, 08:39 PM
I would come and pitch in with some of my crew as well.

Tim Dunne
Fright Kingdom

Soul Reaper
02-20-2011, 08:49 PM
I am willing to help out too depending on when it is. And I may be able to round up some more help also.

brad
02-20-2011, 08:53 PM
YOU CAN COUNT ME IN.

As long as it is scheduled at a time where I am in Louisiana and not in Alaska, I can almost gauruntee that I will be there, as with possibly a few others.

I will be contributing to the donation jar as well, and as stated earlier, this should be documented as well to show the support that people from around the country have for each other.

Nightgore
02-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Just talked it over with my guys... I can have 5-6 people. Builders, painters, lighting/wiring, etc.

I'm so glad to see all this coming together! Hopefully Todd can get on here and make a statement and we can get something scheduled!

I also agree, something like this should be documented. We'll bring our HD cameras! -Tyler

Pumpkin King
02-20-2011, 09:28 PM
Yea I'll be bringing still cameras and the video camera... this is awesome to see coming together!

As long as it's scheduled after mid-April I'll almost certainly be down there. :D

Dark Attraction
02-20-2011, 10:04 PM
Count me in.

devolino
02-20-2011, 10:43 PM
I'm down, if we have enough notice for me to get off work and everything. haha :D

Tater
02-21-2011, 12:11 AM
If Yall bring the camera, I will be more then happy to walk around with it and document it as well as interview all the haunters that are involved, as for building my skills are limited, but I will help ANY way im needed.

Dark Scares
02-21-2011, 12:54 PM
We would defiantly be interested in helping. Please let us know.

drfrightner
02-21-2011, 02:28 PM
Here is the deal... yes it can be done if you get about 40 people on the job. You would need a lot of tools, all the materials in place on site, and a lot of donations props and stuff... no you couild do the electric, and stuff like that ... this would be up to Todd later once we've built the attraction. To be honest you could do the electric to if he had local guys on there the whole entire time.

There are many things you have to do first...

1) Design the attraction and sumbit the plans for approval.
2) Seek industry donations
3) Would need about $50,000 in materials.
4) Make a site visit ahead of time.
5) Have an organized game plan with ONE person directing traffic otherwise it will be a huge mess

Here is what I say... we make this a camping experience have bonfires (whoops did I just say that LOL) and we treat this just like a camping trip.

That would be fun!

I can bring 4 or 5 guys for sure.

Once all the above can be done we could do this for sure.

Larry

PS: Read the Hauntworld BLOG for more details and to see a video of the fire.

Jolly Pumpkin
02-21-2011, 03:17 PM
Before you guys rebuild make sure that Todd buys full cover insurance. It sounds like the insurance only covered if people got injured. You don't want all your effort to be wasted if there was a flood, fire or whatever. So once again make him get get full cover insurance before you decide to help out with anything.

Lair Wolf
02-21-2011, 04:50 PM
I am so happy to see such wonderful support within our haunt industry. Todd has been one of my best friends for the past 25 years, and I was with his family the night the fire broke out. Not only did my heart ache for him, but I too have an outdoor attraction and I witnessed this nightmare firsthand... one that none of us ever want to experience. I was in shock for two days, I can't even begin to imagine what Todd and his crew are going through. Talon Falls was truly a remarkable place...hollywood style sets, unbelievable attention to detail, themed scenes like a large pirate ship and Vampire Crypt that rivals something out of a Disney production. Todd was excited like a kid at Christmas to share this attraction with the industry, but of course the haunt tour March 8 has been cancelled. This is not only Todd's loss, his wife, son and daughter all participate first hand in this venture... along with other members of his family and friends. I know this network has helped Todd get through these most difficult days..... our industry should be proud. Hang in there Ferren family.

Sherryl Lockett / Skeleton's Lair Haunted Woods & Hayride

graystone
02-21-2011, 07:05 PM
I see something good coming out of something so bad! We feel Todd's pain and we the Industry will see that his work continues! Stay tuned! Shane and it's hang in there Todd! Shane

NightmareOnYourStreet
02-21-2011, 07:05 PM
Im an actor and prop/costumer maker maybe once the designs are set i could make a couple costumes or props to help. Its about 5 hours from me so i could probably come for one or 2 days of the weekend to help

hauntedghost
02-21-2011, 07:14 PM
i am so sad to hear this!! but look on the lighter side.. Todd can make this part of his story or theme of his haunt. Say this.. hell's fire has opened and the undead lord has released his nightmare monsters! from the pit of hell's fire comes the most creepiest thing on earth!!

after you rebuild every thing, something like this can help you out for your haunt.. make it part of your haunt.

but all in all, rebuild is the first thing on any ones mind right now.. I hope everyone will help on this!!

a haunt should never go down this this.. from the ashes it will rise and reclame it's scares!!

drfrightner
02-21-2011, 07:22 PM
Someone made a comment about insurance... I don't want to beat up on Todd here because he's NOT ALONE in this but its just bad business not to insure your content, not to insure your attractions in case you lose everything in a fire, disaster, flood, whatever... House of Shock went through this a few years ago with Katrina ... its absolutely NOT in your best interest to not insure your haunted house. You only realize it when its too late... let this serve as a lesson to everyone, INSURE YOUR PROPERTY, PERIOD!

Todd unfortunatly has to be the example for everyone to understand what a mistake it is not to insure your property... so lets all run out and insure our property TODAY!

Let this serve as a lesson to all of us...

On the other note... I'm down with helping Todd rebuild a haunt from scratch. We can do it!

We will do it.

Larry

Darkangel
02-21-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm not picking on anyone here....

BUT, not getting insurance is about the dumbest thing I can think of. It's your business, and getting insurance is a no brainer. Seriously, how does this sort of thing still go on in this industry??? Just doesn't make sense.

With all the out-pouring of support posted here, where is Todd's response? It seems as though by now he'd be on here thanking all of you for being so supportive in their time of need? It's very nice of you all to offer your time and support and it says a lot for the industry to respond that way.

DA

drfrightner
02-21-2011, 10:54 PM
Hey I like Todd, but I will agree not getting insurance was probably the dumbest thing he could have NEVER DONE! There is no excuse for it, but I'm sure no I'm nearly positive that he's one of many many haunted houses out there with no insurance on their property. I think most people think this won't ever happen to me... but it did!

I think we all are learning from this event, and I'd bet a bunch of us are running out and getting this insurance right now!!!

But it doesn't hide the fact that it happened, its over and we can come together and help fix the problem.

Larry

Patti Ludwinski
02-21-2011, 11:03 PM
Todd, my thoughts and prayers are with you daily!!!

To anyone using this as a lesson learned and now searching insurance options for yourself, I recommend Westland Insurance. Ken Donat will go above and beyond to meet your insurance needs.

Westland Insurance
Ken Donat: 608-768-0401
www.westlandinsurance.com
email: ken.donat@westlandinsurance.com

Darkangel
02-21-2011, 11:06 PM
Larry,

Going in and rebuilding his haunt is only putting a band-aid on it if he doesn't get insurance this time. Also, the industry will not learn anything from this tragedy if everyone does not heed this warning and gets insurance. If it turns out that people still did not get insurance, this all was a waste for advancing the industry. If we jump in every time to fix people's negligence will they ever learn?

DA

Talon Falls
02-22-2011, 12:02 AM
Dear Haunters:

Thank you for your overwhelming show of support following the fire at our attraction last Wednesday night. This tragedy has not only devastated our family and community, but I know it has hit very close to home for each of you in the haunted house industry. Your kind words, spirit and encouragement have helped us get through some very dark days.
They say tragedy brings out the best in people, and now that Ive been faced with it, I have to agree. As you might imagine, the past several days have been a whirlwind, but we are now focused on moving forward, and I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone from the bottom of our hearts. Also, If you have purchased tickets for Talon Falls Haunt Tour, you will receive a full refund. If you already have plans to be in the Paducah area on March 8, please contact us if you would like a personal tour.
Best Regards,
Todd & Shell Ferren Talon Falls Screampark

brad
02-22-2011, 12:24 AM
Todd, it's good to hear from you on here.

I hope that we can help you out tremendously in the next few months on whatever you have planned for. Im lending myself to anything, and I mean anything you need.

If I'm in the states when the time comes, and my haunt is on target, then i will do what I can in my power to help you out.

bodybagging
02-22-2011, 05:22 AM
Hope that they are able to recover, I dont know them personally but They were a featured haunt in front of mine, and oddly enough we have had many Visitors from Kentucky at DarkSyde Acres that have made mention of Talon Falls.....

halloweenroom
02-28-2011, 04:58 PM
this is truely a sad sight to see. Hope all is well in the year 2011

mindtumor
03-01-2011, 07:19 AM
Here is the deal... yes it can be done if you get about 40 people on the job. You would need a lot of tools, all the materials in place on site, and a lot of donations props and stuff... no you couild do the electric, and stuff like that ... this would be up to Todd later once we've built the attraction. To be honest you could do the electric to if he had local guys on there the whole entire time.

There are many things you have to do first...

1) Design the attraction and sumbit the plans for approval.
2) Seek industry donations
3) Would need about $50,000 in materials.
4) Make a site visit ahead of time.
5) Have an organized game plan with ONE person directing traffic otherwise it will be a huge mess

Here is what I say... we make this a camping experience have bonfires (whoops did I just say that LOL) and we treat this just like a camping trip.

That would be fun!

I can bring 4 or 5 guys for sure.

Once all the above can be done we could do this for sure.

Larry

PS: Read the Hauntworld BLOG for more details and to see a video of the fire.

That does actually sound fun.

brad
08-15-2011, 06:13 PM
So what ever happened with this. Larry, are you still trying to spearhead this project?

jakprintsHAUNT
08-16-2011, 10:07 PM
According to their Facebook page looks like they have been having some fundraisers of their own for the rebuild and looks to be going well. Ironically enough looks like some of the big fundraisers were with fireworks! Good to see they are bouncing back! Fire is a devastating thing. I actually just had a friend who's family owns a practically local landmark bowling alley almost lose it to a fire today....nasty stuff.

Mike "Pogo" Hach

screamline studios
08-16-2011, 11:00 PM
This is horrible!! However what about extreme home makeover ?? I do have some phone numbers not sure it would help but if todd was cool with this i will make the calls!! Hell maybe they would be willing to help. However it may be to late in the season??