PDA

View Full Version : ghosthunters this wednesday Pennhurst Asylum

chuck weber
02-28-2011, 05:28 PM
looking forward to this NEW episode. SCI-FI channel.

BruiseMuse
02-28-2011, 05:43 PM
I can't wait to see that! Admittedly, I'm a Ghost Hunters addict.

chuck weber
02-28-2011, 06:12 PM
(travel channel) which was pretty good. really anxious to see what the TAPS team comes up with. those tunnels there are unforgiving. the place is HUGE. youtube has a bunch of videos there from people who snuck in and videotaped their journeys if you need to see more.. enjoy !!!!

chuck weber
02-28-2011, 11:27 PM
this weeks show should be a good one. I hope they find "something".

damon carson
03-01-2011, 11:17 AM
I used to think T.A.P.S was something great but over the years I learned Ghost Hunters do the same thing every show. Every episode is the same as the last. They come in. They set up equipment. They get scared of spiders and little dumb things. And then they are there for maybe 3 or 4 hours and they burn out. And 9 out of 10 times they find nothing. Its like they are the worst ghost hunting show on television. At least with Ghost Adventures they stay in there all night locked down. Paranormal State they spend all night. Sometime days on end if the case is really bad. Personally I think Ghost Hunters is a joke compaired to the other ghost shows.
Damon

piercemanor
03-01-2011, 11:22 AM
I agree! But didn't randy bates purchase that property to open a haunt there? Did that work out this year?

Novus
03-01-2011, 11:49 AM
I used to think T.A.P.S was something great but over the years I learned Ghost Hunters do the same thing every show.

That was definitely the charm of Ghost Hunters it's first few seasons. They weren't like every other ghost hunting show out there simply being produced for the entertainment value. There was a real passion for finding true paranormal experiences and not BSing the audience into thinking every little shadow or noise was automatically a ghost. I definitely agree it has lost it's luster and I'm pretty burnt out on the show as of a couple seasons ago. Ghost Hunters has peaked and it's just not interesting to me anymore... and I don't know whether it's because the show has become more about the hunters personalities as opposed to the findings themselves or what.

At least with Ghost Adventures they stay in there all night locked down.

Yes, that's true. They took the Ghost Hunters concept to another level, but the BS meter also runs pretty high. Give anyone 8 hours of footage of 3 big personality guys yelling and challenging supposed spirits while they're "locked" inside an old creepy building and you'll easily be able to cut that down to a good hours worth of TV entertainment. This is still probably the only "ghost hunting" show I watch anymore, though.

And 9 out of 10 times they find nothing. Its like they are the worst ghost hunting show on television.

I used to think... wow, these shows might finally prove some type of paranormal activity exists! Now I've become even more of a skeptic.

chuck weber
03-01-2011, 01:34 PM
if they found something every once in a while..........still looking forward to seeing the Pennhurst investigation.

damon carson
03-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Well far as actual evidence I think Ghost Adventures captures the most. I just like how the whole show is put together and how they go about there hunts alot better. They also seem to go to better locations.
Damon

davidm
03-01-2011, 04:26 PM
I agree! But didn't randy bates purchase that property to open a haunt there? Did that work out this year?

Yes, he did. I went myself the past year.

Soul Reaper
03-01-2011, 11:27 PM
That would be sweet to watch, but saddly in don't get syfy.

damon carson
03-02-2011, 01:49 AM
Youtube it Soul! I dont get syfy anymore either. It will either be up like the same night or in less than a week.
Damon

chuck weber
03-02-2011, 09:41 AM
I can't believe they would drop that channel. I have FIOS up her in the philly area. they keep ADDING channels without raising the price. let me know guys......

Novus
03-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Most television shows are streamed on the channel's website the day after the show premieres. It'll also be in higher resolution than a youtube copy. Go to: http://www.syfy.com

chuck weber
03-02-2011, 12:34 PM
thanks for telling me that.....appreciate it !!!!

Karl
03-02-2011, 02:57 PM
this weeks show should be a good one. I hope they find "something".

Pennhurst was awesome. We went last year. The place is immense and money can't buy the atmosphere they have there. Made me wonder as we were looking into the un-rennovated buildings what might have been looking back at us.

chuck weber
03-03-2011, 12:00 PM
no mention of a haunted halloween attraction at all. (probably a good move to keep the storyline original) a few creepy sounds, but not much more. still worth a look. seems like the TAPS crew did not spend THAT much time there. (only a few hours inside). Maybe they will come back for a second look. Let's hope. what did you think of the show?

damon carson
03-03-2011, 03:32 PM
I havent seen it yet. But I will post later after I do. I said pretty much in an earlier post what would probably happen. LOL! And it sounds like I was right.
Damon

Jim Warfield
03-04-2011, 08:37 AM
Here's how it works: Every week we wil establish a criteria for ghost-proving, it will always be the same so any viable evidence will be able to be compared to the previous attempts, thereby serving as a true validation.
This validation process will be dipping a large paint brush into a new full can of latex paint, then stroking the brush across the wall, spreading paint just thin enough so as not to drip. A video camera will be already waiting on it's tripod, recording as this all happens.
As the unflinching, unblinking "Eye" of the camera records the slow drying of the paint, the passing of the time will thereby be documneted for the world to see.
If by chance any resident ghost here decides to mark in the paint it will be recorded with no distractions, camera jerking, camera being pulled away from the scene of the paint. When the paint is dry, the episode is mercifully over til next time.
Eventually I expect to paint my entire large hallway.
Thanks for watching!

chuck weber
03-05-2011, 11:13 AM
would love some opinions... thanks!!!!