PDA

View Full Version : Buyer charging credit cards for deposit

spookhaven
03-01-2011, 02:07 PM
Hello everyone, since all these threads about deposit and so forth I did some of my own investigation. Just wanted to share my finding to help some of you. Now I am in no way shape or form saying this goes for every credit card and/or bank. They can be different but here is what I have found out is rule of thumb:

Debit cards with Visa logo is 115 days with my bank that is NOT a large bank like Chase/BOA, etc.
Discover card is 180 days from the charge HOWEVER if you have it in writing of deposit and then delivery date (September 1) then it will go off the delivery date. They will also remove the interest charges on Discover.
Visa cards every bank is different it is not set by visa per 3 I have called.

So I will be negotiating to not charge my cc without calling me and must be deliveried within 60 days of charge. Most visa cards seem to only give 90 days to disputes the charge from the date of charge.

Hope this helps some of you.

tonguesandwich
03-01-2011, 03:04 PM
I have always put down 50% at order and 50% at shipping. Once I established a relationship with the company a few select have allowed a different arrangement. I also realize 50% down sometimes does not even cover the cost of manufacturing at wholesale depending on markup. I have won charge backs (in the thousands) against a very well known vendor about 6 months after the fact.