PDA

View Full Version : Hauntcon

drfrightner
03-13-2011, 01:35 AM
I guess now is the time to start talking HAUNTCON HUH? Did anyone see this tour line up... I grabbed it from their website reads as follows:

Join us for a once-in-a-lifetime road trip to visit TEN different haunts including: Waverly Hills Sanatorium, Wicked World’s Nightmare Haunted House, Screampark’s Castle Of Fear, The Abyss and Insanity, St Rita Haunted House, The Dent Schoolhouse, Necropolis, Dark Terrors, PLUS a couple of surprises. All-inclusive price includes: bus, hotel, food and entry to all events. Special Pricing available for Doubles, Triples and Quad groups.

That is a lot of haunted houses. I would love to know more about these haunts as Patti is going!!! She's already got a booth she loves Hauntcon has a blast!

Larry

krazedklownkilla
03-13-2011, 07:14 AM
I guess now is the time to start talking HAUNTCON HUH? Did anyone see this tour line up... I grabbed it from their website reads as follows:

Join us for a once-in-a-lifetime road trip to visit TEN different haunts including: Waverly Hills Sanatorium, Wicked World’s Nightmare Haunted House, Screampark’s Castle Of Fear, The Abyss and Insanity, St Rita Haunted House, The Dent Schoolhouse, Necropolis, Dark Terrors, PLUS a couple of surprises. All-inclusive price includes: bus, hotel, food and entry to all events. Special Pricing available for Doubles, Triples and Quad groups.

That is a lot of haunted houses. I would love to know more about these haunts as Patti is going!!! She's already got a booth she loves Hauntcon has a blast!

Larry

I will be going this year and you only have the pre tour thats wed, and thurs .

Then Thurs night tour is a tour of Haunted Hotel and Culbertson Mansion Haunted Houses

fri. night tour is a Tour of Fear Fair AND Industrial Nightmare

sunday night is a tour of PsychoMania: Theater of Terror

So all together that is 15 haunts over a 4 day time.
This is a show you are not going to want to miss!!!!

Badger
03-13-2011, 10:20 AM
The following is my opinion only and I am unanimous in it:

Dent Schoolhouse is the BEST single-themed haunt in the country. There may be a couple of better haunts out there (debatable) but as far as themeing goes, you can't beat Dent for backstory, scenes, and actors. I haven't been since 2008 but would go on that tour for that one haunt alone.

DeadManWalking
03-13-2011, 07:26 PM
You can check out Wavery Hills at www.therealwaverlyhills.com. It's one of the most haunted buildings in the world. People come from all over to visit and investigate.The Hauntcon tour will be a walk through of the building only. The haunted house will not be set up. It's an amazing place if you're into ghosts, medical history and genuine creepy buildings.

krazedklownkilla
03-14-2011, 04:43 AM
Just Got my tickets today!!!

bhays
03-14-2011, 06:12 AM
We can't wait to show our little project, Fear Fair to the rest of the industry at Hauntcon. We have been working hard for ten years now to build a top notch haunt and hope you all will enjoy what we've done. Come see us on the Friday night tour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krazedklownkilla
03-14-2011, 03:26 PM
I will be there on that tour!!!!!!!!!!

spookjj
03-14-2011, 09:31 PM
Badger... you maybe right, I live right down the street and the Dent School house is pretty intense, not the longest about 25 min but it's filled. I went thru St.Rita's 2 years back and it's really doesn't compare to the Dent....funny thing is it's probably one of the longest running haunts in the country (St.Rita's) and 15 years back it was the only one around I think. So are these haunts going to be live for the HauntCon tour?

krazedklownkilla
03-16-2011, 04:28 PM
Im not going to be able to make it to the dent school house. I wish I could Ive herd it was badass too.

Nightgore
03-16-2011, 04:48 PM
We're busting ass to get our haunts ready for the tour! (Castle of Fear, Insanity and The Abyss)...Lots of new stuff happening, some things will just have to wait until the season. But, we're excited, it's going to be a fun time!

We can't wait to see everybody! -Tyler

Jonathan
03-17-2011, 12:24 AM
I cannot wait for Rotting Flesh Radio to get to HAuNTcon. And I am looking forward to many of the haunts on the tour esp Waverly Asylum!!!!

krazedklownkilla
03-17-2011, 03:15 PM
I think wavrly isnt open as a haunt. for hauntcon Im not sure mite want to check on that

MDKing
03-17-2011, 03:36 PM
When does Leonard post his loaction for the next year? I don't think Hauntcon has ever been on the East Coast yet?

Allan

Jolly Pumpkin
03-17-2011, 04:56 PM
I can tell you from experience that all of these haunts are quality. Fear Fair has incredible set design and some great actors. It's the best haunt I've been to that's themed around horror movies even though there are many sections of the haunt that aren't. The Dent Schoolhouse is just incredible from its amazing theming and dedicated cast of actors. Industrial Nightmare and The Haunted Hotel are some of the most intense haunts in the country and very innovative in the way they scare people. Screampark has great lighting and some really entertaining haunts that make up a great night of haunting entertainment. Waverly Hills Santatorium is one of the most hair raising haunted locations in the country. Their haunt is decent, but the tour of the actual place is even better. Psychomania is a very unique haunt since it takes place inside an old theater and has some really great sound design, an over the top queue line and one of the best introductions I've seen in a haunt. St. Rita Haunted House is one of the oldest haunts in the country with a very creepy building and its for a great cause. Culbertson Mansion might not have the biggest budget, but they make up for it with some very creative rooms and ways they scare people. This is just my opinion on some of the haunts that are part of the tour.

Badger
03-17-2011, 06:37 PM
When does Leonard post his loaction for the next year? I don't think Hauntcon has ever been on the East Coast yet?

Allan

Hauntcon #1 was in Charlotte.

I know he's looking at several places for the next couple of years but usually the next location is revealed on the back of the HC brochure you get at check-in...

DeadManWalking
03-17-2011, 07:25 PM
I think wavrly isnt open as a haunt. for hauntcon Im not sure mite want to check on that

Correct. The haunted house will not be set up. It's just a tour of the building. But it's an awesome building. We have to tear down at the end of each season because they do historical tours and ghost investigation overnights the rest of the year. I will be there and available for the Hauntcon group if there are any questions about the haunt.

drfrightner
03-17-2011, 07:58 PM
Patti will attend Hauntcon. This will be her third show in a row. I will not be able to attend because my kids are going to Kansas City that same weekend for a baseball tournament. I wish I could go... had it been on a weekend when there was no baseball I would have gone with my kids. Larry

Greg Chrise
03-17-2011, 08:12 PM
Oh sure, you own the base ball team and made the schedule.

krazedklownkilla
03-18-2011, 06:40 PM
Kids come first

krazedklownkilla
03-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Looks like some GREAT classes this year!

jason
03-29-2011, 09:35 AM
how do the session work? is it a first come first serve? how many seats are available? is there much time to get from session to session?

DeathRattle
03-31-2011, 11:00 AM
I'm booked at the Crowne for Sunday-Tuesday but they are sold out for Saturday. Anyone have any suggestions for a nearby hotel that I could book for Saturday Night? going to be driving 12 hours and just looking for an overnight before I can check in on Sunday?

Badger
03-31-2011, 11:46 AM
I will be teaching a class on Friday that's geared towards managers and owners who don't have time to train their actors, plus basic acting techniques for the beginner. If you have any ideas or suggestions for this topic, I'd like to hear them and I may try to incorporate them into the session.

(And I will be offering a special HC rate for my services for anyone who comes up afterwards and would like to hire RBHC...)

krazedklownkilla
03-31-2011, 03:21 PM
Badger I think I will be at your class on fri. as I was teaching a class on fri. but now Im not So ill have all of fri open.

krazedklownkilla
04-09-2011, 08:14 AM
Anyone bringing a car for the Hearse show? We are taking the 1996 caddy. What are yall bringing?

Leonard Pickel
04-17-2011, 10:49 PM
I'm booked at the Crowne for Sunday-Tuesday but they are sold out for Saturday. Anyone have any suggestions for a nearby hotel that I could book for Saturday Night? going to be driving 12 hours and just looking for an overnight before I can check in on Sunday?

Are you sure Saturday is sold out? You have to go through the web link to get rooms, try https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_ei_new&eventID=2565010 and see if there aren't still rooms.

See you in Louisville!

Leonard

Leonard Pickel
04-17-2011, 10:52 PM
how do the session work? is it a first come first serve? how many seats are available? is there much time to get from session to session?

The only classes that sell out are the Make n takes. Get ther early to get a good seat for the seminars and workshops, but we will fit everyone in.

Leonard

Tater
04-17-2011, 11:39 PM
More Breaking news at this late hour for Hauntcon

One one and Only (Legendary in her own mind) Granny will be appearing at the Dent Schoolhouse for the Tour....and then walking around the Hotel Lobby for the Saturday night party...Get your tickets now as they are going fast! This tour is a cant miss! Saturday night is always a great time...dont be caught Dead/Undead missing this great show!

spookhole
04-18-2011, 08:23 AM
Yeah do as The tater man says...and you just might see me

drfrightner
04-20-2011, 02:14 PM
I wanted to say... I WOULD HAVE GONE TO Hauntcon however both of my kids have baseball tournaments in Kansas City. Patti will be there... she's going and looking forward to seeing everyone. Hauntworld.com fully supports Hauntcon and we think you should go and support the show and these haunted houses. The seminar lineup looks great, and the haunt tours are better than here in St. Louis (LOL). Please come by and see Patti at our booth!

Don't forget www.HauntCon.com (http://www.HauntCon.com)

Next weekend.

Larry

krazedklownkilla
04-21-2011, 08:51 PM
Tater I do look forward to meeting you, And I will be looking for patti

krazedklownkilla
04-22-2011, 04:31 PM
When is everyone leaving out for Hauntcon???

krazedklownkilla
04-24-2011, 06:34 PM
the pre show starts up in 3 more days who all is going to the preshow? Ill be there but not on the pre show.

MovieRelics
04-25-2011, 01:03 PM
HauntApps.com and The Haunted Attraction National Tradeshow and Conference announced today a new partnership to provide HAuNTcon attendees with a new iPhone and Android Mobile App providing instant information on HAuNTcon news and events. Powered by the HauntApps.com service, attendees will be able to download a special branded “HAuNTcon” mobile app for free directly from both the Apple App Store and Android Marketplace. The “HAuNTcon” app will provide attendees with the latest convention news, seminar schedules, exhibitor information, a map of the tradeshow floor, Haunt Tour information, ticket information and purchasing, videos, FAQ info, current local weather conditions, and more directly from the attendees mobile device.

Currently, the Android App is available now from the Android Marketplace. Simply open the Market Place and search for “HAuNTcon” or click the following link – https://market.android.com/details?id=com.appmakr.app173403. The “HAuNTcon” iPhone edition will be available soon to all iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad users. Be sure to visit http://www.hauntcon.com or http://www.hauntapps.com for updates on availability! If you have questions about the HauntApps.com service, please visit http://www.hauntapps.com for more information.

thrilltainment
04-25-2011, 08:19 PM
the pre show starts up in 3 more days who all is going to the preshow? Ill be there but not on the pre show.

we'll be on the bus! see y'all soon

FROG ZOMBIE
04-26-2011, 11:44 AM
Definitely a buzz around this year's HAuNTcon. I was just looking at my pics from last year... got a couple shots from the costume party... man, I looked rough, but the party was a blast.

THIS YEAR I EXPECT TO SEE PATTI & KEN DONAT IN COSTUME! (but i'm not holding my breath)

REGISTER HERE FOR HAUNTCON 2011!!! (http://hauntcon.com/index.html)

krazedklownkilla
04-27-2011, 05:09 AM
If you looked bad at the party......anit that the point ..lol Ill see yall in a bit heading out now

MCL

FROG ZOMBIE
04-27-2011, 10:47 AM
Currently, the Android App is available now from the Android Marketplace. Simply open the Market Place and search for “HAuNTcon” or click the following link – https://market.android.com/details?id=com.appmakr.app173403.

I downloaded the app - VERY cool. A must for anyone attending because it's got tons of good info. Also, very easy to use.

Clearly I'm a big fan of apps. :D

FROG ZOMBIE
04-27-2011, 10:50 AM
If you looked bad at the party......anit that the point ..lol

YUP! lol. see you in LOUISVILLE

MovieRelics
04-27-2011, 06:48 PM
I downloaded the app - VERY cool. A must for anyone attending because it's got tons of good info. Also, very easy to use.

Clearly I'm a big fan of apps. :D

Glad you like it. Your going to love what we have in store for the future!

drfrightner
04-29-2011, 12:57 AM
Hey keep us updated with videos, photos or whatever. What are the best haunt tours, any new products... I really wish I could have gone. Maybe next year ... even so I want to know what is going on. Update us!

sophisticatedterror
04-29-2011, 07:44 AM
Everyone that is at hauntcon make sure to stop by the haunted enterprises booth and say hi to my wife emily and tell her i said to come by and introduce yourself! Her and I have recently joined forces with haunted enterprises at the shows...make her feel welcome!

Kale

krazedklownkilla
05-03-2011, 04:10 PM
here is most of my videos from hauntcon 2011 im still uploading them now!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/horrorfields?feature=mhum

FROG ZOMBIE
05-03-2011, 05:32 PM
Here are some PICS (http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.10150167043977900.317500.5792727899) from HAuNTcon 2011 (From our Facebook page)

I just have to say that Ben Armstrong looked & sounded ridiculous (in a good way)

Jonathan
05-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Great stuff so far. I will be uploading a ton of pix as well and also come Thursday we will have the Rotting Flesh Radio full HAuNTcon wrap up show with interviews from all the vendors and more including the at first shy, Patti. BTW Thanks Patti for that. Badger is a good guy to prod interviews.

Jonathan
05-03-2011, 08:06 PM
I also forgot to Thank FROG ZOMBIE (my roomie at Hauntcon), It was a swank room. The froggy loving was....wait nevermind. LOL LOL!!!

And thank you to Virgil Master of the Ethermuse my other (almost roomie) at Hauntcon. Thats another story.

Jonathan
05-03-2011, 08:18 PM
Here is: Myself, Katie Lane and Gadget (Evilusions)

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/223347_198691313508972_100001043137609_557444_5084 744_n.jpg

Ben Armstrong and Myself:

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/225831_1851324096649_1647171891_1819381_8088809_n. jpg

THE RFR Haunt Hotties:

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/222024_1851340457058_1647171891_1819442_6897598_n. jpg