PDA

View Full Version : Dream Scape Studios

Fear At Its Best
03-20-2011, 11:00 PM
First and foremost we would like to thank each and every person or group that either stopped by or purchased items from Dream Scape Studios, there has been much discussion in regards to “knock offs” and “copies” when in fact the original designer/sculptor behind the makings of many Gore Galore products has taken his talent and moved on to work here with us at Dream Scape Studios.
Let’s look at the history of giant/oversized puppet like costumes and where they began before we go giving credit to someone whom themselves took the idea and fashioned it in their own way. You can go back as far as the 1600’s to Europe and follow it all the way to the 1930’s to the United States where Disney too made their own version of these large figure like costumes. In all fairness we don’t know who the originator was, however we do know that Gore Galore, Ex Mortis, Fear Scape Studios and possibly others have put their own unique spin on this idea. Those that seem to have the problem are those who are too ignorant to look up the facts and in turn save face by bashing another company that has the artist behind Gore Galore products and put their own spin on it making it better in more than one way all while offering it at a lower price.
Our improvement was a light weight aluminum armature/frame that is fully adjustable in three different areas, shoulder width, lumbar support location to fit users back making it more ergonomic, and costume height to keep user from walking on costume fabric. These improvements were by far needed as all the feedback we received before going into production were hit on in many ways. Additional improvements are interchangeable heads and shoulder supports between armature/frames within minutes, modular pieces that are cost effective to replace when needed thus eliminating the need to ship an entire costume back for repair, shipping is less expensive with modular pieces as the costume can be broken down and shipped in boxes rather than being dumped onto a skid and charging the customer a ridiculously high flat shipping fee. These improvements were our general improvements that apply to both our non animatronic and animatronic versions. Non animatronic version has head movement to mimic that of a bobble head with separate mouth movement as well, animatronic version has head movement left, right and up and down along with mouth movement all made possible with the use of a Wii Nunchuck and an EFX Tek control board. Utilizing quarter scale servos and gear reduction drives we are able to move the character head without asking the operator to stick their head in a helmet that is either too small or uncomfortable, either way feedback suggested something better was needed. With all these improvements and added control value we are still able to produce and sell at or below the cost of our so called competition that “originated” the idea. All in all our armature/frame is lighter, better fitting and looks professional in all aspects. It’s time for those “garage looking” frames and armature that are currently being sold as “professional” to be a thing of the past and give the customer something they expect when paying.
Many of today’s products can be found made in so many various ways and if you take the time to go back and research who actually originated the idea you will find that many times to be different from what you thought. Yes we made “dead buddies” in 2008 and yes they came with a death certificate, Gore Galore has “my pet zombies” with an adoption certificate copies I think not ours are dolls that you can take anywhere with you as they weigh only ten pounds. My pet zombies are static figures that weigh 50 pounds or more. If my memory serves me correct Cabbage Patch kids came out before either Dream Scape or Gore Galore and they offered adoption certificates, point in case is this every industry takes product in one way or another and makes it better in their own way.
For all those that posted in support of us thank you and for all those that had their own ideas of what the truth really is we encourage you to check your facts and at least check out the very product you are speaking of. We sold plenty of them to dispute what you had to say, I am sure many of our customers will freely give you their opinions of the costumes they purchased at Transworld.

graystone
03-21-2011, 07:38 AM
If he/they were employed by Kevin then it's Kevins that is what they were paid to do. What they should have done is took the products in a totally different direction. Instead what they were trying to say is were going to stab him in the back and that's what they did and it came off in very bad taste! This is where all this is at! Had they did something different then no one would be in a discussion on this or at least not to this point! I feel bad for Dream Scape and I hope that they were just dumb and over looked as to what would go on here. I realize DS is only trying to branch out but why in the hell did you as a company not say lets do something 100% different thats what drives a company to success not by helping get "Even" Shane and it's sad but true! Shane

Fear At Its Best
03-21-2011, 07:58 AM
This was well thought out before doing so trust me and letters were exchanged between lawyers as to what can and cant be done, with that said ours is 100 percent different on the inside making it lighter, more durable and ergonimic. On the outside yes they look similiar because the same artist (his style, his signature) sculpted them. Those that didnt bother to look inside or try one on are judging a book by its cover, try reading it and then forming a decision. There are two sides to every story and of course your going to hear what you want to hear, I heard Kevins story as to why he let them go and I also heard the other side (sculptor) and thus far I have to say Kevin is wrong and I would know as I pay them to do what they do. Kevin is trying to make them look bad with his silver tongue methods which is fine as only time will tell, as will our version of the costume and to all those that support us we thank you.

Matt Marich
03-21-2011, 08:13 AM
I have discussed this with many vendors over the years, it's really a piracy issue. At least, it's the only legal leg to stand on. Non disclosure is pretty much un enforcable, and different states have different time limits on this. What they did do however is terrible, without any code of conduct or sense of loyalty to Kevin's hard work. You are not an original, you are a crap knock off. Think of something different, new to revolutionize the business, you got found out. Ex Mortis doesn't need this industry, and Wayne has moved on but still makes a great product. The difference here is malice, Kevin trusted you and you shot down the nicest best vendor in the show. In the end, dreamscap, I truly hope you come up with something different we can all talk about, but don't take someone's brand identity, yes, a product that is so closely linked to a company.

If you don't change, will soon see an electric Chair Knock-off or Video display piece?

graystone
03-21-2011, 08:16 AM
Kevin told me nothing and if you read my other post on the other thread you will see I heard it from others. At the end of the day it's none of my business for that matter. The bottom line is lighter, taller, shorter, fatter, brighter, darker, WHATEVER the bottom line is they took something a vendors has made his business on and ripped it off. I heard this from many of the buyers that's what people talk to me about. It's not like they found the vendor in China and bought mass products to sell as cash and carry. Again I have no use for the costumes myself. But I can say Kevin is one vendor who has never taken a dime that did not belong to him and he has never failed to produce and deliver! This alone sets a bad taste because of the way he treats his customers. All I am saying is now your involved in something that's going to hurt you in the long run. I could be wrong and again really don't care as neither helps my business. But given a reputation of a honest hard working vendor or doing business with a vendor who stabbed another one in the back which do you think will come out on top? Newbies to the Indusrty you will get yeah but they come and go but the ones who has been around is the ones who you have to worry about. Shane and it's either way it's your business but I hear and see alot it's what I do! Shane

Fear At Its Best
03-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Again thanks for your views on this matter, we will be sure to keep up the good work and deliver a better product for a better price with more options that are superior to our competition. Say what you want as our product speaks for itself and the orders show just that.

Jolly Pumpkin
03-21-2011, 12:07 PM
Guys, it's just the nature of the beast. If a person works for a company and branches off they are going to create similar products. Guys from Nox Arcana used to work for Midnight Syndicate. Their sounds are somewhat similar in ways, but it doesn't mean they're bad people or they are copying. They are just using their talents to branch off. There are many companies that have started products. Coke was around since the late 1800's and then Pepsi comes out in the early 1900's with a product that tastes very similar. Star Trek was out well before Star Wars and they both have similarities. It might not be a ground breaking idea creating stalk around costumes similar to Gore Galore, but it was bound to happen. I'm shocked that it didn't happen earlier in the haunt industry. If people don't like their version of the stalk around costume or corpses, then they won't buy. It's really that simple. There are countless number of haunts that copy each other, but that doesn't mean they're shady. If it did a lot of people would be held accountable for not being creative and stealing other haunts' ideas. Every haunt on this board has taken ideas that aren't their own. I can guarantee it.

Nightgore
03-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Didn't the guys from Unit70 branch off of Scarefactory? That's almost an EXACT example of this discussion!

Let's look at these examples:

Sinister Scents and Froggy's Fog
Minispotlight and Darklight
Haunted Enterprise and Studio TekFx (Cage Mazes)
All the silicone masks companies now
Nightscream's Vacuform and the new companies out there.
SpookywoodsFX and Haunt Tactics

We will ALWAYS see this...is it a bad thing? NO! The way I see it, competition breeds creativity. I would NOT be surprised to see some amazing things that vendors will push the limits on! (Making it harder to "knock off").

It's not a problem, I don't see it as one...I'm all for options. I think in this case what will decide who get's what business will be price, customer service and delivery times. Time will only tell.

-Tyler

screamforadream
03-21-2011, 12:37 PM
Tyler, I could not AGREE with you any more. You hit it right on the nail.

From my own perspective, and I'm not saying my view is right or better, this is just what I see...

Look at the industry. Look at who WE are. We are people who make money off of making people scream, we thrive off of drama and making others freak out. This can be harmless or create an entire second life for some people, and when that second life merges with everyday life bad things can happen. We are dramatic by nature, and we are all proud of our creations in our own way, and sometimes we as "haunters" allow ourselves to become too attached to our creations, so when others try to do something similar and modify it to make it "their own" some of us can get really offended.

Has anyone else noticed how many mask companies started this year? How many silicone mask business sprouted from this year alone? Why aren't we fighting over the "HEY I MADE THE FIRST SILICONE MASK! YOU COPIED ME?!" simply put, masks are great, and there's so many possibilities. That's no difference with this, Gore Galore was a large pioneer in bringing these types of costumes into the haunt industry, but that doesn't mean they need to be the ONLY one. Hats off to someone else for making over-sized costumes, go for it. We as an industry need to stop being so cut throat and cold hearted, leave that act in October.

Now Gore Galore is INCREDIBLE, and definitely one of the best, especially when it comes to customer service and reliability, but they don't NEED to be the only company.

Look at other industries, how many other companies make their own tupperware, how many soda companies are there that make different flavors of soda??? The haunt industry is GROWING and this proves it. We should encourage more people to become vendors, show off their creativity and share ideas and thoughts, (I am NOT saying everybody copy each other at all) I'm saying enjoy this, see it as a good thing, this is proving growth, progression, and prospering.

I may only be 18, and I may be just a college kid running a haunt for a Relay for Life in MAY of all times, but I still manage attractions in October and I still help everyone as much as possible, in my Sponsorship post a while ago I have sent out over 200 copies of my "Quick Tips and Tricks of Sponsorship" and I ask nothing in return of it. I come on HauntWorld to read about new techniques, read silly stories of good scares, hear about cool products, and ask for help. I hate coming on here to read all this babying and whining over who stole what from who. My Relay for Life attraction is based entirely on donations from sponsors, be them companies or individuals who help out by donating anything and everything haunt related. I don't get paid for this, I do this because I enjoy it and will hopefully learn a thing or two so when I graduate in a few years, I can save and open my own attraction and have it be successful. I have been promised by so many companies, and people that they would donate something to our attraction, and have been tossed around and have jumped through hoops just to help other people, and have recently been played by 4 people, because they thought it was funny to get my hopes up. Do you know how much that sucks??? I'm trying to raise money to help further and provide cancer research, treatments, and support groups, and people promise really nice donations and laugh at me. This industry is so hurtful, pathetic, and unreliable, but I can't help but love what I do. I love volunteering and I will give the shirt off my back for just about anyone, and seeing crap like this everytime I sign on to hauntworld is so depressing. You people don't realize the impacts of this baby bullcrap on some people, and I really hope that everyone who read this get's something out of this, be it little or small, I don't care, just open your eyes a little more, please.

Bobby

graystone
03-21-2011, 01:53 PM
Show me one thing that Unit70 does that looks anything like Scarefactory's product and we will shut up. Buddy that was the worst example in the Industry history. HOWEVER IT MADE MY POINT! WHY DID THEY NOT DO SOMETHING ON THEIR OWN! I see where Matt was going and I agree 100% with him. They took a nice guy and slapped him in the face and said we will make it better and sell if for less. Did they? Will they? Was it? Will it be? Who knows.

Why could they not have said we will come up with a product that will wow the Indusrty and let Gore Galore have his damn costumes? My take because they were classless! Trust me it want get you to where you want to be. Yeah you made some money off new buyers the ones that did not hear what was going on. Hell you did not have to hear it you could see it for yourself. My take Kevin feed them their own medication and see what they say next year. Dream Scape you have got to show the Industry your better than this! Trust me theres more talk on the buyers side than you really know. When a family member is hurt the guns come out! Shane and it's I know you are way better than this low blow! Shane

Nightgore
03-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Shane,

I wasn't stating that Unit70's products resemble Scarefactory...just that it's not the first time people have left one company only to form their own. -Tyler

zombiphobe
03-21-2011, 02:43 PM
There is a protectionist attitude in this industry, but really that is common place in all industries. Of course companies do not want there ideas taken, but if you think you can have any product that is even halfway successful and never expect it to get copied you are crazy. Now I don't know the circumstances and like you all, don't care all that much (other than to watch the drama unfold as it can be entertaining :)), but I do know the Papa John's guy used to be an executive with Pizza Hut, Facebook was out long after MySpace, Home Depot/Lowe's, Coke/Pepsi, the list is endless.

Irregardless of the motive (as long as it is legal), competition is a good thing. It all comes down to execution and staying ahead of the curve. Kevin has already said he is up for the challenge and it seems the Dreamscape guys are too. Kevin clearly has a loyal customer base so it seems he has an advantage, but for most at some point the difference in Price + Quality will win out. Let's say you drive Ford or a Toyota run of the mill car. If tomorrow and beyond BMW and Mercedes dropped prices to match those brands would you make the switch next time you were in the market for a car? Some of you probably would say no, but I bet a lot more would say yes. That is just an example of changing the Price Variable, you could think of a similar illustration changing the Quality Variable (i.e. if Ford/Toyota increased quality to match BMW/Mercedes but kept their prices the same). This is why a free market society works. Now we just get to watch it play out.

For the record, the car thing is just an illustration. Please don't send me notes about how much better your ford is than any luxury car. :)

my 2 cents

Grimley
03-21-2011, 04:18 PM
Shane basically what you are saying is that no one can up with a large costume or similar in appearance to Gore Galore. That they should be the only ones that can ever make them. If you were a mask maker and went to a new company you would probably still make MASKS. The style of each maker easy easy to spot on the floor. I could tell you from 20 yards away some of the masks makers. They are not going to just stop making what they know and love just because they switch companies. You won't see them working on animated props all of the sudden they are doing what they know. I hope the best for them and hope the new styles next year are even better.

graystone
03-21-2011, 05:05 PM
I am saying is it's in bad taste for a employee to leave a company then go and knock off the company it was working for. It's tackey and in bad taste can they do it? Yes! Will they do it? Some will thats been shown. Will respectable haunts encourage it and do business with them. No because if the company has a great ranking such as Gore Galore then why would we as buyers encourage that and why would we gamble with a new company that has proven all it has to offer is knocking off another company. With me it's never been about the "Cheaper" company in anything if I have a good relationship with a company who the hell cares that they are higher as you get what you pay for. Again I have never bought the big puppet costumes as I am not a big fan of them. But if I did I would put my money on a company that has proven itself! Shane and it's more to it than it seems! Shane

Fear At Its Best
03-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Just off the top of my head unit 70 has an animatronic horse as well as scare factory, you said name one thing! Point is your only making points that are helping create drama and talk/buzz and our hits and inquiries have gone up again. So again thanks for supporting us! Your take is far from the truth, we did our research and supplied a product that is better at an even better price. Our research was conducted from those that have or had "these costumes" and with this information we designed our own version of what customers want. They look similar because the same sculptor sculpted ours and gore galore., this is his style or his signature and trust that there will be many more to come. You say have him change his style or technique, are you serious what an idea that is wow! Maybe now that the talent behind gore galore is gone you will see their "style/technique" change when they bring on a new sculptor. Till then get used to it as our improved designs are what's underneath the costume along with the "original artists" work on the outside. Truth be told here the problem is there is a better costume for a better price thus forcing the competition to either lower their prices and address the issues with why they can't be worn by but a Few people for a given amount of time. This is just what the industry needs it forces better prices with netter products, get over it!

graystone
03-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Your compairison is way off! They have a skeleton horse and Scarefactory has more of a haunted real horse. So again the point I made is the better point. No one said that products want cross but they are not alike! YOURS LOOKS JUST LIKE GORE GALORES! Your trying to play dumb and make me look stuipd when you know the point I am making. Look good luck and I am going to let this go. That way your want have a reason to make more ghost names. Yeah I can see that I bet you did not realize that did ya? LOL anyway like I say good luck and when you make something thats your own and not a complete knock off. I, and others will support it. Shane and it's lay off the ghost names. Shane

One other thing your hits have went up because people know how protective I am of others and this Industry. I am sure your not gaining a fan base. Your numbers are going up because people are watching this and agreeing. Many don't post because they don't want to get drug into a mess. I however have made my name for this very reason. I LOVE THE INDUSTRY AND IT'S PEOPLE. There is still time for you to make a difference and as I said time will tell.

Twin Locusts
03-21-2011, 09:20 PM
I can't believe you guys are feeding the troll.

When you feed trolls they don't go away.

http://media.icompendium.com/inkbathc_NOFOOD.jpg

Fear At Its Best
03-21-2011, 09:28 PM
It's best that you bow out as you haven't made your point at all, the only point you have made is that you think your the "man" in this industry. We are humans and can decide for ourselves, so opinionated as you may be and as knowledgeable as you wish others to think you are, ghost names, copies and knockoffs please. Get back on your fancy bus and take a trip so we can all get some peace,

lurker
03-21-2011, 09:34 PM
This is the haunted house industry, and we love trolls of all sorts! Feed'em!

graystone
03-21-2011, 09:53 PM
That fancy bus was bought and paid for by honest hard working work ethics something you dont have. Don't be jealous I am the " man " of honesty and doing people right! That my friend will buy you a " big fancy bus" too! I have made my point and all you have done is came up with excuse after excuse. Even your own employees from the show has made mention you did not pay them. All I have tried to do is say you have a chance to make a difference with your company now all you have done is made me realize maybe it was not as much the twins but your own greed. I am now done if your at MHC we can talk there or at TW if your there next year. Remember don't be jealous of what others have because you too can have nice things when you treat your customers and your brothers and sister vendors the same as you would want to be treated. Shane and it's for the record I have 6 of those fancy buses! Shane

Jolly Pumpkin
03-21-2011, 10:00 PM
La-di-da Shane, aren't you special with your fancy buses. I piss beer and shit chocolate. Beat that Mr. Dabbs.;)

graystone
03-21-2011, 10:07 PM
Sit down before I run over ya! LOL and troll food is on sale this weekend at Wal-Mart! Shane and it's I need a blood pressure pill! Shane

spookhole
03-21-2011, 10:12 PM
Just off the top of my head unit 70 has an animatronic horse as well as scare factory, you said name one thing!1) Point is your only making points that are helping create drama and talk/buzz and our hits and inquiries have gone up again. So again thanks for supporting us! 2)Your take is far from the truth, we did our research and supplied a product that is better at an even better price. Our research was conducted from those that have or had "these costumes" and with this information we designed our own version of what customers want. They look similar because the same sculptor sculpted ours and gore galore., this is his style or his signature and trust that there will be many more to come. 3) You say have him change his style or technique, are you serious what an idea that is wow! Maybe now that the talent behind gore galore is gone you will see their "style/technique" change when they bring on a new sculptor. Till then get used to it as our improved designs are what's underneath the costume along with the "original artists" work on the outside. Truth be told here the problem is there is a better costume for a better price thus forcing the competition to either lower their prices and address the issues with why they can't be worn by but a Few people for a given amount of time. This is just what the industry needs it forces better prices with netter products, get over it!

Ok so lets look at this from the top down. I even put numbers up so you can follow along at home.

1) First everyone knows Hits dont equal orders, its the quality of the stuff and the people...and right now your arent doing yourself any favors.

2) Not only did you take Kevins people you also called the clients who owned Kevins stuff and asked them questions....how did you get that information to know who to call...did they steal some info from Kevin so you could call them?

3) Sure they artists could sculpt anything....im sure but you chose to have your guys make the same damn thing that GG sells....by the same guys...then they chose to wear GG jackets outside..as if they were adding salt to the wound or just being really childish, either way it doesnt look good. Sure you say that yours are cheaper...but are they as well made...will they hold up...do you have the customer service behind the product that Kevin does. Sure someone might be tempted to buy one of your new costumes...but I would much rather spend alittle more get better service and a better quality of product then take a chance on an rip off Kmart brand

Jolly Pumpkin
03-21-2011, 10:12 PM
Troll food is tasty. Makes me grow big and strong like ox.:o

Fear At Its Best
03-21-2011, 11:00 PM
No where in our comment did we convey we were jealous especially not of your bus(s). The point was its easy for you to bash and pass judgement on others as many of your post seem to reflect and at end of the day get on your bus and drive or ride away. Sure you can talk to us at MHC and Transworld as we will prevail and you will see just how much better we are with or without your support! Trust in the fact that we are ok with who we are and for what we have achieved and will always look forward knowing there will always be someone like you that thinks they know it all!

Fear At Its Best
03-21-2011, 11:23 PM
It's called a survey among our current customers who happen to purchase items from gore galore as well. In a nut shell Jake and Ben were fired and came to dream scape looking for a job, knowing their skills and past we discussed what they could add to the company and of many things costumes were one item that they showed was an untapped market as far as doing it the way they had envisioned them being done. With this information we put together a tougher, lighter and more comfortable costume with options of animatronic head movement and are able to sell it at a lower price. How is that greedy in any way, hmmm selling a better product for less??? Don't see the greed there guys and gals!

drfrightner
03-22-2011, 04:47 AM
There is so much copying going on and its NOT just vendors copying other vendors but we have vendors copying haunts, and haunts coping other haunts, and the list goes on and on and on and on...

Gore Galore is selling a puppet a push out puppet... okay let me go back in a time machine here. We had a push out puppet with sound and everything back in 1989 and it was one of our best scares. We loved it so much we made another one for the first year of Darkness and called it SLIMER!

Okay I've never seen any vendor sell a push out puppet in the industry, then I saw Netherworld bought one from Scareparts, it was even featured in the movie Zombieland.

We also have one from Scareparts, and it was upgraded a TON by us... now it will last forever!!!

Either way NOW Gore Galore is selling a push out puppet... who are they ripping off here or are they? They look different but they are still the same basic idea. Is that copying? Is that original? I can tell you someone will come back and say exactly what I said 'oh back in the day we did that...'. Well I do know this you are NOT the first to bring it to market at least this market... that was Scareparts.

I'm just making an example. Who was the first to sell rotted zombies, I know it wasn't Gore Galore, and guess what else it wasn't Gore Galore who sold the first walk around costume because I remember Silo-X had them and I'll be honest probably the most advanced ones I've ever seen... someone stole mine. I know Netherworld still has them to this day...and this goes back as far as 1990's. How many movies have we seen from the 70's or a Parade with some large over sized costume worn on someones head. Is this original? Is an animation original when Haunted Mansion was filled with them long before any of us where born??? Who did we copy or find inspiration from? Who made the first car, how was anyone else allowed to make a car did they copying the idea or was Ford just the first to market? Who knows who cares.

Gore Galore sort of made a name for themselves selling these walk around monsters, so did Exmortis in fact it was Exmortis who REALLY made them popular FIRST! Look I'm NOT picking on Gore Galore they are a great company, I'm just saying...

are they copying, is creating a walk around costumes totally original, is making a zombie totally original? WHAT IS ORIGINAL is Gore Galores idea's of what they look like, the simple invovations he makes to make them function or look better. Those are his original idea's... and they belong to him however the concept of a walk around monster is NOT! And I'm sure he'd be the first to tell you this... with that being said did they copying the entire look or just the concept of a walk around costume. There is a difference here.

How about one company maknig a black hole and look at all the other companies since who sells them... I first saw this on the 6 Million Dollar man back in the 70's and at Universal Studios and then at Riply Believe it or Not then bang at the Halloween show... then 10 other sold them.

C'mon now...

I am NOT picking on ANYONE... I'm just stating FACTS here... that it seems in this industry there is a lot of people doing a lot of either copying or inspiring, or two people had the same idea or whatever.

Scarefactory was NOT the first animation company... who sold the first air cannon, who sold the most popular air cannon, who sold the first all air driven animation, blah, blah.

DO you know how many knock off electric chairs there where after Distortions??? Is an Electic Chair all that orignal ???

How far do you want to trace a lot of this stuff back here??? We can do it for most things for most companies... or I can tell you a haunt that made this effect then a vendor knocked it off and tried to sell it.

If I start letting loose on some vendors there would be a lot of pissed off people... I don't think MOST vendors try to copy, and sometimes it looks like they do but they arent' really, just same idea's but they've mostly all already been done.

As for this new company ... I didn't really see their booth, or their product line, let me chime in on what I think. Provide a link to their website and let me look at their product line. I will offer my opinion if they went out of their way to copy.

Lastly, I just wanted everyone to know its not really fair to jump on one company or one haunt until we really look at the bigger picture.

Larry

Speculo
03-22-2011, 06:49 AM
The costume Larry refers to is the Reaper - When I worked for Silo X I had about 10 or so commisioned maybe 17-18 years ago and it was made by a Special Effects artist named Bruce Larsen. It still Rocks! ( Cannot find a photo now will post later...)

The Biting Head is the Mega Mouth, was made by Keith Korner and Sam Horner. We have totally rebuilt and rethemed ours several times. The major credit belongs to EREBUS however who created the biting puppet mouth first as far as I know.

We also have another giant biting head called PUG created by Haunted Hootchie Artist David Basham.

We also have other things like a giant hand we made in house ( Seen with RED HEAD by Basham from the Hoochie)

I think Gore Galore did a great job on the Goat head ( designed for House of Shock) and now the giant biting puppet will become mainsteam. We would have gotten one but no space ( We are Hoarders!)

Thanks!

bhays
03-22-2011, 06:52 AM
I have written and deleted three messages, but I know my position will fall on a deaf ear with this crowd. That said, I feel compelled to say something.

This industry, in a lot of ways, makes me sick. The extent to which we will circle the wagons to defend sleazy business practices and underhanded individuals is beyond comprehension.

Anyone who saw those two products knows it's a blatant rip off... end of story.

Why do we all take these silly positions.. is it because we all feel we're in glass houses due to using scene ideas we see in someone else's haunt, etc? That's going to happen.. just make sure you put your own twist on it and improve it. Same with products.

If your products look so much like an established vendor's products that it's obvious you either stole the molds or put a lot of effort into making an exact duplication.. you're a sleazebag douche...

That said, this dead horse is now fully beaten. Let's move on.

wickedfarmer
03-22-2011, 07:12 AM
Now that the dead horse is beaten and we are moving on. Yes hit counts are going up for the accused. I myself have tried to see first hand how close the accused material looks to former employer of the artist. Yes I understand artist moved on, fired, left what ever. We will never agree on what is right as far as where artist should leave old look ...with former employer or free to take it with them. I look every year at Gore Galore...like them but to heavy for my use. Call me old fashioned but I would not buy the new lighter better built supposedly costume if it looked same as what Gore Galore paid artist to make. Give me a new monster look with the newer lighter frame and maybe my multiple hit counts on the website will actually turn into a sale.

Jolly Pumpkin
03-22-2011, 08:16 AM
Yeah Ben, the large skeleton like creature with the big green eyes is similar to an effect Haunted Hoochie used to use with 2 large animated skulls that would hit the side of a cage. The face is also a little like the massive corpse puppet they have that rises and talks.

screamforadream
03-22-2011, 08:17 AM
Why is this thread still going on? The poor troll is going to die of old age.

This entire thread is ridiculous. As are the people whining about copying/not copying.

Thanks for ignoring my first post completely.

Shane, you're one of those people. I stood up for you in the past, and I thought you were a really cool guy, especially since on these forums you mentioned you would gladly donate, and since I wasn't able to make it to your party but loved Dan Sperry that you'd send over an autograph and t-shirt. Neither ever happened, and every time
I call you always tell me something's going on and you never call back or you give me the "hey call in 5" *calls* "hey call in 30" and I'll do everything you say over and over, you never call back after asking me to call you at a certain time. That's cruel. Just say no, or that you don't want to, but don't go out of your way to make me do stuff that I don't even get anything out of because I volunteer to do everything I do and give every penny away to the American Cancer Society. You lost so much respect from me, but I hope you enjoyed your cheap laugh.

And for everyone who is whining about copying (back on track now) there is NOTHING wrong with expanding our industry by having two companies selling the same type of product. An artist doesn't need to change just because someone else hired him. The guy does cool stuff. Hopefully more companies make those kinds of puppets so we can see different styles, faces, outfits, stuff like that! Relax and take a chill pill, you're all upset over nothing but spilt milk.

graystone
03-22-2011, 08:20 AM
I have written and deleted three messages, but I know my position will fall on a deaf ear with this crowd. That said, I feel compelled to say something.

This industry, in a lot of ways, makes me sick. The extent to which we will circle the wagons to defend sleazy business practices and underhanded individuals is beyond comprehension.

Anyone who saw those two products knows it's a blatant rip off... end of story.

Why do we all take these silly positions.. is it because we all feel we're in glass houses due to using scene ideas we see in someone else's haunt, etc? That's going to happen.. just make sure you put your own twist on it and improve it. Same with products.

If your products look so much like an established vendor's products that it's obvious you either stole the molds or put a lot of effort into making an exact duplication.. you're a sleazebag douche...

That said, this dead horse is now fully beaten. Let's move on.

Brett I hear ya and I am moving on myself. I made my point I was on the phone at 1AM on this and it's time to say. Guys I am sleepy and it's clear what I had to say failed to have an impact. My point was that DS had a chance to make a difference and my suggestion to them was to distance themselves and go a direction to make it their own. I know that, you know that ( thats why I was up so late!) I think Elvis even knows what I was trying to say!!! All that happened is a DS pretty much has said " We will ripp off anything and anyone we want for the all mighty dollar" their tone and attatude has shown that here. Ok fine from this point we will see how long this will last. In looking back if they were such a good company why would they have the need to add something else that someone else was doing.

I am SO GLAD everyone has seen where they stand and what morals they have. Kevin I don't know if your reading this or not but by you not coming here and feeding this has shown us all what kind of a vendor and what morals you have. It's very clear they tied their own rope around their neck. From this point I could care less if they fall flat on their ass. I honestly wanted to see them out of this mess because I thought some of their items were cool even though I had no real reason to use them but ya never know what might catch my eye. I never bought anything big from Kevin till I seen his puppet monster ( its not a costume) and I am like FINALLY I can spend some big money with you and I did. In writing this I realize I may have given DS a reason to copy the puppet monster next. I mean after all it's their moto " You build it, We copy it, We can, We will, and the hell with you all! Shane and it's I made my point! Guys we will talk more other than on this thread! Shane

Twin Locusts
03-22-2011, 09:05 AM
http://media.icompendium.com/inkbathc_deadtroll.jpg

Fear At Its Best
03-22-2011, 09:47 AM
Point taken and thanks but we aren’t going anywhere and you can expect to see more from us as there aren’t any ropes tied around any necks here. Our product speaks for itself in so many ways even if the same sculptor sculpted it; it’s what’s on the inside that you are missing… Actor operated pop out goat head hmm now there’s an idea, think we have all seen it before in one way or another only difference here is there is a goat head that our sculptor Jake Rich sculpted and assembled. Here’s where you put your two cents in Shane “Mr. know it all” so if we make one are we copying it or as Larry pointed out did someone else copy it. It doesn’t matter we will make what we want in our own way if we feel it will sell, that’s business. Better run and get a patent on your ideas and products because according to Shane we will copy whatever, what a joke this guy is with his cheesy one line comments at the end of his posts. Get some new lines Shane and go jump on another band wagon and start a new argument. We have work to do and have said our last bit on this matter.

graystone
03-22-2011, 10:43 AM
I do wonder if he was such a hit at the show then why is he here and not making products? It appears Kevin is to busy filling orders at Gore Galore to be here crying. DS's has lived here since this thread was started. Time will tell, time will tell! Kevin again I will be doing more business with you in the future just because of the way you have handled this thread. Class man you got class and hell ya know I may try and compete with DS next year! Would yall like to see that? I mean hell after all anyone and everyone can! Right? I can put my money where my mouth is! Here is a line for ya! Shane and it's make something ORIGIONAL! Shane

Its Shane Dabbs and not some screen name Fear At It's Best with 12 post and all of them here defending under the belt tatics. What if your full name and position in the Company so we all know?

screamforadream
03-22-2011, 11:47 AM
Keep ignoring everything I posted about you Shane, it's cool. :)

drfrightner
03-22-2011, 12:18 PM
Real quickly... I'm NOT endorsing what so ever people copying another vendor NO WAY! I'm not endorsing a haunt to copy another haunt or a vendor to copy a vendor or a haunt to copying a vendor by NOT buying the product and making it themselves.

You know when of the biggest frauds about this industry is people going to shows and then copying it point blank and never buying anything from the vendor. Yeah I think its all an outrage!

We've had our industries best selling air cannon copied part for part then re-sold as a cheaper price... you dont' think that didn't piss us off???

I think my point on this issue is this...

This industry has so much copying going on its become common place, so to beat up one vendor is the outrage! I didn't see their product line so I don't kinow what it is they ripped off how blantant it really is... can someone post pictures or a link?

I do want to mention that this industry has very few original idea's left or at least it seems that way. As I pointed out you can trace almost everything back to something else... almost nothing is new and you can almost always show how this vendor took this idea someone else was selling and made their own versions.

Its just a fact!

In the case of Gore Galore he has his own original idea's for those creature and as I stated the first time those are his idea's and no one should steal them, but the concept of walking around monsters is not... anyone can make them we can trace them back years back even before a haunt bought one.

I'm still wanting to see how blantant the theft was... can someone take a picture of a Gore Galore and put it side by side with a new one from this other company?

Post some pictures and lets see just how close they really are...

Larry

Dalloween
03-22-2011, 12:31 PM
Ben, these are awesome!

BTW, great seminar at TW... we really enjoyed your presentation on costuming.

Jim

The costume Larry refers to is the Reaper - When I worked for Silo X I had about 10 or so commisioned maybe 17-18 years ago and it was made by a Special Effects artist named Bruce Larsen. It still Rocks! ( Cannot find a photo now will post later...)

The Biting Head is the Mega Mouth, was made by Keith Korner and Sam Horner. We have totally rebuilt and rethemed ours several times. The major credit belongs to EREBUS however who created the biting puppet mouth first as far as I know.

We also have another giant biting head called PUG created by Haunted Hootchie Artist David Basham.

We also have other things like a giant hand we made in house ( Seen with RED HEAD by Basham from the Hoochie)

I think Gore Galore did a great job on the Goat head ( designed for House of Shock) and now the giant biting puppet will become mainsteam. We would have gotten one but no space ( We are Hoarders!)

Thanks!

Mutant Space Gerbil
03-22-2011, 03:10 PM
My 2 cents. Not to long ago there was a thread trashing Scarefactory (late shipping, bad welds, faulty circuitboards, etc) and my statement was this "Everyone still buys from Scarefactory because they are unique, so this allowed them to ship late, ship faulty, ship something that you knew as a consumer that you would have to fix". I said this would continue until someone made the Grand animatronics at a lower cost, better product, or better service. If Dreamscapes studios ponied up and hired the artist away from Gore Galore that was good business. Artists by there very nature have a certain style that will follow them. So unless the artist walked out of Gore Galore with the moulds for the costumes then it is inevitable that there will be similarities. Dreamscapes has stated that the entire undercarriage is different and improved...now what do you think will happen 1. This will cause Gore Galore to redesign their under carriage to keep up. 2. Gore Galore had to hire another artist to replace the one that left the company (so the new artists style will be Different ie Gore Galores product will still be different). Nobody wants someone to do the same thing that they are doing because it causes you to be on your "A" game and continue to improve. As a consumer I am going for the best value, best product, and best service. If you have all 3 you win the game if you dont you struggle. Just my opinion if you dont agree, then that is your opinion and I will respect it.

screamforadream
03-22-2011, 09:01 PM
So talked on the phone with Shane just a few minutes ago, wanted to update for those peering into the situation I posted about, and we both had a good healthy talk. He saw where I was coming from, and I got a little look into the life of Shame Dabbs and learned more about the current situation regarding Gore Galore and DS, needless to say we both settled the dust and are cool. Plus he's still donating some very nice stuff. :) This hasn't been the easiest week on me, and I've been just pushed through so many obstacles in these past two days and I definitely spoke more harshly than I should have, but he still apologized for the lack of communication. I can't be much happier regarding current situations, this was a nice ending to an otherwise not-awesome day lol.

KaoTic Entertainment
03-25-2011, 01:50 PM
Hello where can we see both of the products from, that are being mentioned here , thanks

Dalloween
03-25-2011, 08:50 PM
Dream Scape Studios has photos of theirs on their Facebook page... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dream-Scape-Studios/181294405236272?ref=ts

Gore Galore has theirs on their website... http://www.gore-galore.com/costumes.php

Jolly Pumpkin
03-25-2011, 09:58 PM
Gore Galore's costumes are obviously better quality. They're similar, but both companies design their costumes much differently. So, I don't really understand the big thread about Dreamscape completely copying off of Gore Galore. It looks like the costumes were inspired by Gore Galore.

drfrightner
03-25-2011, 11:52 PM
I took a look... sorry I don't see it. So what if they are selling their own stalk around costumes, the idea doesn't belong to Gore Galore, they didn't invent them. Where is the rants saying someone ripped off all those costumes made for parades for decades, or ExMortis who really made these popular... or as I and Ben pointed out that company who was making them nearly 20 years ago...

To be honest I think Gore Galore looks better but they are not rip offs c'mon now.

Where is the rips about all the companies making animations, or selling masks, or now the umpteen different companies now selling silicone masks... didn't hear a word there.

These are their own sculpts and in all honest not great but in all honestly all these oversizes ones aren't the greatest because they are so big... I guess that is how they are suppose to look.

I do NOT think anything was ripped off... now on the other hand if the took Gore Galore idea's on exactly how to make them that is different. I didn't look inside so I have no clue... if they took those idea's down to the last bolt that is different.

I'm just going to by the sculpts and they don't appear to me to be the same.

Larry

Front Yard Fright
03-26-2011, 12:03 AM
I've been waiting to chime in... but here it goes.

In all honesty, I was wondering why Dream Scape studios was selling Gore Galore costumes at their booth at Transworld... It was only until later did I notice one of the former Gore Galore employees weard a Dream Scape Studios shirt did I realize that they may have split.

With that said, I was curious as to why Dream Scape Studios would feel the need to come out with their own line... It's nothing new by any means. Gore Galore has had the large puppet market pretty much cornered for several years now, so why reinvent the wheel?

I understand the inner workings of the puppet may be different but still, they look very similar (To me) so I found it kind of silly they would come out with such a product so late in the game.

Either way, both businesses will go on... Regardless of this never-ending thread.
:rolleyes:.

One thing I thought was MORE of a rip off was the Scarefactory guard dog... Seeing as Dark Raven Designs came out with the exact same thing years ago! But I guess that's for another thread...
:p.

Barry
03-26-2011, 07:03 AM
One of the best sayings I have ever heard came from Leonard Pickel: "There are no new ideas. Only 2 or more old ideas put together in a different way"

Grimley
03-26-2011, 08:33 AM
They felt the need to come out with their own line because they could and they could make money doing it better. Do people really only want one company making masks, one making props, one making costumes. This is without a doubt one of the stupidest arguments I have ever heard on this forum. I can't even fathom why someone would say oh never mind I give up. I hope next year you guys go to the show and there are 5 companies making the damn costumes so you guys can go around pointing your fingers and saying they were ripped off. I think what really says it all is I never once saw anyone from Gore Galore come on here and agree that they were ripped off. Why? Because the idea was not original to them. No patent protection. Nothing.

Jim Warfield
03-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Although my products are very hard to copy (the way it should be)
What? You've never seen my "Ravens Grin Total Invisibility Camoflauge Systems"!?
There You Go!
People just can't see ripping me off, because they can't see it!
I do believe originality has many obvious and subtle merits.
You will be stimulating customers and potential customers by them discovering something "NEW!"
Just this factor does guarantee a large amount of good, free, mention and even obsession from many impressed people, and what is "That" worth? Could be an absolute fortune in money and longevity as a business.
Why do some haunts fail to impress their customers? I would say the reason is the "Been There, Seen it Before" sort of feeling from customers. I came to this by asking many of my happy, exiting customers about other haunts they had seen or were impressed by. The customer is the expert whether that are 15 or 50.

Gore Galore
03-27-2011, 06:11 AM
I was trying to just leave this alone. And take the high ground. I don't have time for this kind of negativity. I don't need to defend myself.

I am going to make one statement about ALL of this. And hope to not say anything else about it. Slinging mud is not what I like to do.

First off let me state that I am Never afraid of competition. It makes us better and stronger. This is our 13th year, and proud of the fact. And that is a serious thank you to all of you, our customers, our friends. You not only support our company but you support me as a person. I didn't really know this until you demonstrated that to me at the show. And you have no clue how much it means to me. So thank you.

History was also brought up so let touch on this. We may have been in business 13 years, but I have been designing and building props and puppets for haunts for close to 3 decades.
I built a 7' skeleton marionette with an alligator skull for a local haunt www.zombiefarm.net back in 1989. It was able to leap out at customers and snap at them. And it is still in operation to this day. The next year a friend and I designed and built a 15' naked zombie backpack puppet dubbed "Long Lankin" for this same attraction, and operated it on a cable system suspended from 2 trees. It was the start of everything. Since then we designed 3 more. Cranky (15' robot), Giggles (15' Clown), and a 15' Alien. These are what started us on the path of Giant Costumes. They were fun and made a huge impact but too big for most any attraction to use. So then we started downsizing and that is what led to the current size costumes we sell now, and have been for years. So, in regards to comparing and saying we took the idea from Ex-mortis, you would be wrong.
We exhibited with Long Lankin one year after Ex-mortis started exhibiting, but we had been doing Giant Puppets for years. At that point Long Langin was already 5 years old. Just a toddler I know.
Just so you know, Wayne Toth from Ex-mortis is an inspiration and always will be. He is not the reason I started building puppets and costumes but to be honest he is the reason we started exhibiting at Transworld. The first time I saw his booth I was star struck. And knew at that moment we were going to exhibit at the Transworld show the next year. And we did. So thank you Wayne.

Now back to the point.

THIS IS NOT A QUESTION OF CAN THEY MAKE A GIANT COSTUME ALMOST JUST LIKE OURS, IT IS A QUESTION OF SHOULD THEY?
It is a question of ethics.
Of course they can copy the costumes. There are no patents because when I met with attorneys years ago they asked, "can someone take a picture of it and then copy it?" Yes, of course. "Then you can't keep anyone from copying it". Applying for a patent was a waste of time.
But honestly, that is not the point. The point is: 2 employees were fired from our company for very good reasons and they went to another company, and that company started making giant costumes that look and function alot like ours. When prior to this, all this company made were zombies, animations, and some weapons. So this in itself shows me I did the right thing to fire them.

But here are the real questions:

1. Should they have reinvented the wheel or come out with something innovative and original and make a place for themselves, or just try to take a small piece of a small pie that already exists.
2. Should they have constantly compared their costumes to ours on every sales pitch trying to talk down our work. They couldn't just talk up their work rather than trying to bash ours. I was told this by every customer that came to our booth.
3. Should they have told customers, "if there is anything in the Gore Galore booth you like, we can make it for you" I have a written statement from a customer who this was told to.
4. Should they have worn their old Gore Galore uniforms to try to confuse customers and then explain they were fired and how they were the creative team behind Gore Galore despite the fact we have been in business 10 years before either one of them worked here.

I am sad to say that this is ALL true.

You have to ask yourself these questions and then determine if this is a company you want to do business with.
You as a buyer will determine whether this company is successful, as you have already determined that ours has been.
You the buyer, you the discriminating buyer always determine the success of every business.
What shall be your decision?

xtremecreator
03-27-2011, 07:49 AM
Total Class Kevin. Well said.............
John

stafford
03-27-2011, 09:19 AM
Kevin, well said. It is not a question of can you copy someone, but should you.

I believe that your attitude towards this is most likely shared by the customers that matter. Customers are much smarter than we may give them credit for, and they will usually expose those who are making a lower priced knock off.

I don't know enough to know if that's what they are doing. If Dreamscape is bringing what they believe is an alternative with better options/quality, truly a better/different product, then time will tell their fate. I have nothing against them, never bought any of their product. My skepticism is that they claim to be making a superior product, but they are charging less for it? If you believe it's superior then why not charge an equal or higher price?

Chris

graystone
03-27-2011, 10:52 AM
Kevin that's exactly the point I was trying to make. For some reason DS either did not want to accept it or just plain did not see it because they were to busy going at it with me! Anyway you said what I was trying to say. I dunno maybe sometimes I come off strong or just can't make my point and when your typing it can get hard to understand I suppose. What they showed me and many more I have talked to is....

1. Can they copy? Yes
Should they copy? NO!

2. By focusing on dising you and your products did they sell a few costumes? Yes ( I am sure a few)
Will they sell more in the future now that this is out? NO ( my opinion only)

3. Are they a good people? Yes ( I have no reason to think they are scum)
But do they have good ethics? NO ( It was in bad taste and to allow them to wear GG shirts while they focused on dising you and your company)

4. Should they focus on making something origional? Yes
If they dont will they continue to sell? NO ( my opinion)

Bottom line I would love to see them change their tactics and work ethics and get away from this and move on to making something we have not seen before! Shane and again it's my opinion! Shane

Fear At Its Best
03-28-2011, 09:03 AM
Those that choose can cry about ethics all they want, there are so many “rip offs” in this industry that go unspoken so why all the drama and “mud slinging” on this instance, truth be told Kevin and the former employees both have it in their head that the two are going to ruin each other with all the “he said she said” negativity! I have spoken to both sides and each one had choice words to say about one another, and rest assured that I have expressed my opinions to both sides as there is plenty of room in this industry for everyone and the drama has to stop. Both sides are responsible for plenty of name calling and instigating, I don’t care what is said by outsiders as they have no idea of the saga besides what was told to them in a biased manner. As owner I have had the opportunity of watching this thread and have read all the finger pointing and I have to say it is childish and pointless, Dream Scape Studios will not be at the demise because you choose to point out that we have a “rip off”! We too have an established list of customers who know our quality and commitment and upon occasion have been asked to recreate several items that they feel could have been done with better quality and delivery. With that said I have heard upon several occasions how “uncomfortable” Gore Galore costumes are to wear, I have had the opportunity to wear one and I have to say they are a bit bothersome to sport about for any given amount of time. When Jake and Ben were fired they said to me that they wanted to continue doing costumes, with that said I thought about it and decided that they would have to be done better, lighter and with animatronic movements accomplished with more up to date methods. In doing so I wanted to bring these to the market at or below the competition price. It’s called Free Enterprise gentlemen get used to it and quit crying because the very product you’re making today can be copied and improved at any point in time. Point is this there is competition and it’s not liked, yes ours are similar as is the artists however if you look inside you will see there has been more thought put into ours with more adjustments and versatility along with animatronic controls. I am sure there are several loyal customers on both sides that will say and “provide written documents” that each company has said this and said that but bottom line is who cares, go on about your business and quit worrying about one another. If “you love competition” then bring it we would love to see some of your “new original” ideas, how many times have I read in this thread where someone has said in a similar way “there are no new ideas, only 2 or more ideas put together in a different way” perhaps my ghost writer article in 13th hour says the same thing. This goes on in every industry and as an automotive engineer for one of the biggest automotive companies in the business where “innovation” is stressed each and every day, to take something and make it better to either improve current product or productivity. Let it be known that Dream Scape Studios has spoken and no harmful intent is our sole purpose to produce a better product that will lead others to be more innovative themselves!

Thank you for your time,
Brian Brown
www.dream-scapestudios.com

graystone
03-28-2011, 11:31 AM
Time to throw up the white flag! I have been told that there is a company coming out with the same thing DS is going or was doing with their bodies. I told them I thought that it was just as much in bad taste as what they did. HOWEVER that being said I SAY GO FOR IT! My opinion is they will be some "crying" on that side of the fence. It's clear he has no remorse. I myself think whats worse is how they wore GG shirts in their booth. This made a statement there and here so did the statement above this one.

Kevin you have NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT! Even though there is another company coming out with some Dead Buddies I think you should too! I mean after all there is so much room in this Industry for people to "improve"! I will say this as a buyer last year Dream Scapes donated a prop for the party and I will say Thank You again. I myself fully intented to purchase a few things from them at the show this year to help support them just as they did at the 2010 Insane Shane Party, even though there is not alot of there product I can use in my haunt and just as I have never did alot with Kevins costumes as they really don't fit either. With that said and after what was pointed out to me by many at the show I said NOPE I WILL NOT SUPPORT SOMETHING LIKE THIS and spent even more with GG this year. Bottom line and I have said it ten thousand times does it happen? YES every year! But the way they just punched a hard worker and his company in the face was what gave me and many of the others a bad taste. Had they did their own thing, wore their own shirts, and kept shut then I would not be so vocal about this issue and it would have been a different turn out.

Everyone knows I will stand up for buyers and here just goes to show you that I will stand up for a Vendor when the cards are down. It just comes down to bad taste, low blows, cheap shots, and classless work ethics!

Shane and it's let the games begain! Shane

Fear At Its Best
03-28-2011, 12:46 PM
There were no Gore Galore shirts worn at our booth I can assure you, Jake and Ben both had Gore Galore Jackets that were their own personal effects that they wore into the show as it is that time of year to wear jackets. In no way was gore galore represented at our booth, all you want to do is stir up rumors and drama to get the word out that we have a knock off, rip off great we all get it and know! You think it has hurt us, think again we still have sales and orders despite your efforts of finger pointing and crying! If I recall wasn’t it you Shane who stood there at our booth with hands out for this year’s donation as well, wasn’t it you that commented on our booth and products? I personally spoke with you and never heard one word of what you speak/write about now, you aren’t fake are you? You aren’t out just doing Kevin’s dirty work to try and ruin us because he is crying to you that we ripped him off just as he has done to other vendors… Grow up and quit crying, copy what you want of ours it don’t matter there will be no crying from our side of the fence. You see that’s where your wrong in thinking you know it all; only thing you know is how to run your mouth as this forum shows just that… and its Shane get a life!

drfrightner
03-28-2011, 12:57 PM
Kevin,

Here is what I think about each one of your points...

But here are the real questions:

1. Should they have reinvented the wheel or come out with something innovative and original and make a place for themselves, or just try to take a small piece of a small pie that already exists.

IF THEY WANT TO MAKE GIANT COSTUMES THEY CAN. WHAT YOU ARE SAYING MAKES NO SENSE HERE BECAUSE THAT IS LIKE SAYING GM MAKES CARS SO WHY DOES FORD... OR SCAREFACTORY MAKES ANIMATIONS SO WHY DID UNIT 70 START SELLING THEM WHEN THEY STARTED UP. SO DONT' AGREE WITH YOU HERE AT ALL. YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY COMPANY THAT HAS HAD SOMETHING SOMEONE DID A SPIN OFF ON ... I COULD TYPE A 1000 PAGE ARTICLE ON ALL THE SPIN OFF PRODUCTS SO YOU CAN'T TAKE IT HARD THAT SOMEONE DID IT TO YOU... JUST LIKE YOU ALREADY MENTIONED EXMORTIS CAME BEFORE YOU.

2. Should they have constantly compared their costumes to ours on every sales pitch trying to talk down our work. They couldn't just talk up their work rather than trying to bash ours. I was told this by every customer that came to our booth.

NO THEY SHOULDN'T HOWEVER ANYTHING YOU HEARD ABOUT IT WOULD BE SPECULATION BECAUSE I'VE FOUND PEOPEL IN THIS INDUSTRY LIKE STIRRING UP CRAP... UNLESS YOU HEARD IT OUT OF OF THEIR MOUTH I WOULDN'T BELIEVE HALF OF WHAT YOU HEARD. SECONDLY THIS ISN'T SOMETHING NEW EVERY SALES PERSON IN EVERY INDUSTRY PLAYS UP THEIR PRODUCTS AND DOWNPLAYS THE COMPETITION DOES IT MAKE IT RIGHT MAYBE NOT BUT EVERYONE DOES IT... SO THIS IS NOTHING NEW REALLY.

3. Should they have told customers, "if there is anything in the Gore Galore booth you like, we can make it for you" I have a written statement from a customer who this was told to.

AGAIN NO ITS NOT RIGHT NOT AT ALL... HOWEVER AND AGAIN SEE ABOVE. I'VE HAD A MILLION PEOPLE COME TO ME AND SAY 'THIS PERSON SAID YOU SAID THIS OR THAT... AND I CALL BULL'. I'LL TELL THEM FLAT OUT GET THAT PERSON ON THE PHONE THREE WAY AND WE'LL SETTLE THIS RIGHT NOW. ODDLY ENOUGH THE PERSON WHO SPREADS THE RUMORS WON'T JOIN A THREE WAY CALL... BUT AGAIN DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU ARE TOLD. ITS ONE PERSONS WORDS AGAINST ANOTHER AND YOU CAN'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING... HOWEVER IF THEY SAID THAT THIS IS JUST FLAT OUT WRONG. THEY SHOULD STICK TO WHAT THEY DO OR IDEA'S THEY COME UP WITH AND NOT 100% KNOCK OFF YOUR STUFF.

4. Should they have worn their old Gore Galore uniforms to try to confuse customers and then explain they were fired and how they were the creative team behind Gore Galore despite the fact we have been in business 10 years before either one of them worked here.

AGAIN THAT IS WRONG AS WELL... I DIDN'T SEE THAT DO YOU HAVE A PICTURE OF THEM AT THE SHOW WEARING THEM? THAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE... BECAUSE THAT IS JUST WRONG AND HAD THEY DONE THIS YOU SHOULD HAVE WALKED OVER THERE AND DEMANDED THEY TAKE THEM OFF AND IF THEY REFUSE I WOULD HAVE GONE OVER TO JEN AND TOLD HER... I KNOW SHE WOULD HAVE MADE THEM REMOVE THEM.

IF THEY DID THIS THAT IS WRONG... YOU SHOULD UPLOAD A PICTURE OF THEM WEARING YOUR LOGO SHIRTS IN THEIR BOOTH.

BUT IN THE END ITS LIKE THIS... WE'VE HAD SEVERAL WORKERS WORK FOR US AND WE'VE HIRED AND FIRED DOZENS OF PEOPLE AND SOME START THEIR OWN BUSINESS TO COMPETE WITH YOU AFTER YOU LET THEM GO, AND YOU KNOW WHAT AS YOU CAN SEE WITH US WE ARE STILL THE BEST AT WHAT WE DO DESPITE WHO WE LET GO OR PICK UP... OUR BUSINESS IS US NOT ONE GUY. YOUR BUSINESS IS YOU, AND YOU WILL CONTINUE TO LEAD THE WAY NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO OR DON'T DO... JUST KEEP ON TRUCKING BECAUSE YOUR STUFF LOOKS WAY BETTER.

HOWEVER IN MY VIEW WHAT THEY DID MIGHT HAVE BEEN DONE IN SPITE OF YOU, BUT THAT GOES WITH THE TERRORITORY AND IN THE END YOU JUST NEED TO MAKE SURE YOU DO A BETTER JOB AND YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.

LARRY

Fear At Its Best
03-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Larry we heard the same things from our customers that they said the same things about us, I don’t care because I agree with you people “like stirring up crap” and will tell you what you want to hear in hopes of gaining some type of reward be it a discount or impression of a loyal customer. I know for a fact that several people tried on our armature/frame that we had on display as we did not want any confusion that ours were the same by being uncomfortable and heavy in no way, only to say they would be back after checking out GG. Upon return said ours was deffintely lighter and more controllable but they liked GG selection of characters and to this we said, give us time we will have more to offer and we do custom work as well! We didn’t have to point out that Jake and Ben were from Gore Galore as people know them very distinctively from their looks, there wasn’t one employee that wore a gore galore shirt as we have our own. I think they speak of the black jacket that belonged to Jake and Ben’s personal effects that they wore in and out of the show. At our booth no way not happening, a lot of what is being said is out right twisted parts of the truth and childish… Do ours look the same yes I will agree as the same artist sculpted each of ours as he did GG costumes, if they willl notice we didn’t do monsters or creatures ours are all more personal beings that we can all associate with and its what’s on the inside that everyone is failing to address. Ours is made of light weight material with several adjustments making it more ergonomic for the person wearing it, our head movement is animatronic via a hand held remote joystick and EFX TEK board giving the operator more control of the head and mouth movement without jamming their head into a uncomfortable helmet. You don’t hear anyone speaking of our own spin on the topic. Heck at this point I may have to put my own spin on the operator activated pop out goat head, hmmmmm there’s an idea! After all I have seen that done before as well right….

Allen H
03-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Larry,
your caps lock button is stuck.

graystone
03-28-2011, 06:25 PM
One thing to correct you on! I DID NOT ONCE COME TO YOUR BOOTH AND ASK FOR A DONATION ALL OF THAT IS DONE WAY BEFORE THE SHOW! You can even see that on the thread that the dead line was 2 weeks before the show. GO GET IT STRAIGHT. I was NEVER at your booth you know thats a lie and a cheap way to attract business. It's so clear what your all about now you want to just plain LIE! As a matter of fact I picked up little at the show as I had a team doing that. Now someone on that team may have confused you with another vendor as I did not ask them if that happened but it's possible don't know I WAS NOT THERE. BUT DO NOT SAY I DID SOMETHING I DID NOT DO. Shane will put you in your place fast when you lie on him. I don't use this site as a front I have no problems correcting issues in front of people ask 13th Hour Magazine and the big crowed that whitnessed me telling him how sorry he was for cheating people out of product! I am one who will tell you to your face just as I will here.

I will also tell you this and this just goes to show you the type of person Kevin is. He has not said anything to me. NOT ONE WORD! I get my facts from others. Here is a secret for you and looks like your going to learn the hard way! US BUYERS TALK! I talk to many people and many people come to me when they see something tackey! Why do they do this? it's because they know I am a person who believes in treating his brothers and sisters in this Industry with respect, and I have built a company on great work ethics, something you have not done and should learn to do. I have owned my own company for 20 years. What started out as a costume store moved on to making commerical Christmas Decor for malls all over the U.S.(I might add not one time in my career have I looked at something and said oh I can do that better and cheaper! I built my company on my own thoughts, creations and talents I don't need to steal something that someone else has done! Hell where is the creativity in that? Thats just damn lazy! ORIGIONAL BABY!!!! THAT'S WHERE IT'S AT) to my owN Santa and Easter sets in Malls in the South, to Entertainer Coaches, and Haunted Houses so you see I am doing something right and if not then after 20 years I would not be doing what I do so when I say something I say it out of experiance! Am I perfect NOPE!

One last thing shirt, pants, jackets it's still in bad taste and who would want to wear an advertizement for a place that fired you unless you had a motive! I may be from the South but I did not fall off a turnip truck! I know what they were doing, you knew what they were doing, and so did the other buyers that's vets in this Industry! I am through I have made my point and you have made yours!

Shane and it's better get busy on thoes orders! Shane

Fear At Its Best
03-28-2011, 07:44 PM
Shane now come on you need to admit the truth, show me one email or correspondance where you had set up with us two weeks in advance to pick up our donation at the show. Come on "brother" I talked to you not more than two feet in front of my booth and I know exactly who you are and what you look like. You even offered to give us an extra ticket for one of the girls at the booth, said just write your name down and give it to ya and you would come back by and pick it up with the donation... Your memory must be as short as you are hmmmm, thats funny you have pictures of our donation sitting on a table in your own photos that were posted from your party, i would like to see where you aranged to have that picked up by the "deadline" You have talked to Kevin and yes we all heard about your little rant in front of 13th hour and how you made an ass of yourself, what a laugh we all had talking about it. Your not as liked as you wish you were my friend but thats ok your still an A in my book! Your right people do talk and they have plenty to say about you, I have plenty of PM telling us "stand our ground", "hopefully you wont donate to shane next time" I could go on but whats the use you know it all and hear it all. Take a look in the mirror sometime cause thats who the talk is about! Lies Lies Lies! Wow and we donated to your cause!

Fear At Its Best
03-28-2011, 08:14 PM
I like the bit about "Yes I am sorry to say its sad but its true" did you come up with that all by yourself? Ethics you speak of, where are yours calling people and whinning that we "ripped off your product" and that they need to decide who they are going to stand with. I would like to have heard a few of those conversations and how they unfolded or should I say folded in your face! You keep crying about originality, hey nice work on the goat head think I saw that years ago in a couple other haunts! I can go through about half your items and point out where I have seen them before you created them, matter of fact the very artist you fired came up with more than half your products! We will continue to do our very best at making sure you have competition because if your the "innovation" that your followers think you are then time will tell and where the artist went is where the better products will come! Its sad but true!

terrormasue
03-28-2011, 08:22 PM
Oh my.....I hate to read things such as this....Can we all hold hands and sing "Kumbayah"around the camp fire. I will tell a few ghost stories!!! We can all sit around and roast marshmellows in the fire and make s'mores !!! I'll bring the wine!!!!!! ;)

Sue

graystone
03-28-2011, 08:24 PM
If I have you confused with someone else then I will admit it. The donation dead line is on the Insane Shane Party thread its still there on this very site today. Hey I could be wrong if I am I will admit it. We had so much donated hey I could have made a mistake. Again I talk to alot of people. I will say this it's really not a matter of who likes me or who don't all that matters to me as at the end of the day people are done right. Also if you did donate to the party then you were let in free as were any other vendor who was there. The party is an Industry thing so you were not donating to me per' se but the many buyers that was there. I am sure you have got a few emails from a couple here and it's the same ones who don't like what I stand for. Well they don't like it till they are done wrong! This thread is not about me it's about Dream Scape if you have a problem with me then start a totally new thread. But I will say if I have made a mistake then I will say I am sorry and I so have you confused with someone else. So what did you donate? Shane and it's refresh my memorie. Shane

Oh one other thing how can I make an ass of myself when I got 30 plus people standing there applauding that I have confronted a vendor who has ripped off 19 people and that's just the 19 I had on the list that had contacted me? So you think because I want let someone be taken advantage of that makes me an ass? HEY I WILL ACCEPT THE TITLE CALL ME ASS, ASS HOLE OR WHAT EVER but if I prevented someone else from getting talken then I am happy with what ever name you call me!

wickedfarmer
03-28-2011, 08:30 PM
Oh my.....I hate to read things such as this....Can we all hold hands and sing "Kumbayah"around the camp fire. I will tell a few ghost stories!!! We can all sit around and roast marshmellows in the fire and make s'mores !!! I'll bring the wine!!!!!! ;)

Sue

I see a new prop/costume coming out of this. Picturing a zombie with melted marshmallow stuck to its face with a roasting stick in it's eye.

Wicked Farmer

scarygoat
03-28-2011, 08:31 PM
I don't know too much about this situation, and really don't care about what is true and what isn't, but I can say one thing, just seeing the manner in which DreamScape has replied to this thread is very unprofessional, in my opinion. I think just the way somebody responds to this kind of thread can say a lot about them, and by reading all of your comments, DreamScape, it makes me not want to do business with you.

And I have not ordered from either company before, so am in no way biased.

- Jake

terrormasue
03-28-2011, 08:37 PM
HA!! Great idea Farmer!! I can see it now......:)

graystone
03-28-2011, 08:44 PM
Sue just called me and I stand corrected. They did donate at the last minute and I did talk to them. So hey on that I was wrong but I will have to ask and I know I did not get to see much of anything but a glance at things because the party was on Thursday night and my crew was picking up donations and I had a meeting that first day so it all ran together. But can someone tell me if DS had two different booths? I sure as hell did not see the puppet costumes on Thursday at all maybe because I was busy and I never put two and two together till tonight! I will also say the person that won the prop tried to exchange it for something else or wanted to and I jumped his ass on how tackey that was to win something then ask for something else!!!!! Sue Thanks for making me remember that. So on that part I was way wrong and I will say I am sorry for the confustion. This however does not change the way I feel on the issue. Shane and it's standing up for the Industry it's buyers and sellers! AssHole! Shane

spookhole
03-28-2011, 09:04 PM
Ok Listen

Im going to call it as I see it, I have no ties to either one.

Fear, you know youve dug your own grave by posting on this thread. And you can call shane whatever you want, He does whats right for people in this industry, and he gets results. Thats the bottom line, Granted he was more sparkley then a Twilight Vampire on Thursday night with his lil vest...but people come to him with problems and he straight up tells it like it is....to whoever is causing the problem. The problem is you downright copied Gore Galore...youve admitted this pretty much...you took the artist. I have totally and complete faith in Kevin and know he is not going to go anyway...if anything this has just been taken to the next level. The question still remains why would I ever order from you...you seem like a total and complete jackass on this board...calling people out and an asshole...making fun of them. That right there is enough for me to never order from you because of the way you have responded to this thread. Shane is only doing what is right and standing up for the little guy and getting actions taken care of. Maybe you dont hate him for who he is...but maybe because what he stands for...Honestly, and Respect in this industry...something you may never have if you keep this responding to all these posts

graystone
03-28-2011, 09:04 PM
Yall enjoy!!! Shane and it's the Ass! Shane

c6YtKdE5F1I&feature=fvsr

Fear At Its Best
03-28-2011, 09:15 PM
Shane it just bothered me that you denied talking with me or taking a donation from us, yes the guy that won the donation came by our booth and asked if he could trade it as he did not want the old naked woman.. He wanted to trade it for the younger looking version. I never called you an "asshole" onlystated that others that saw your rant didnt see it quite as you thought. Not everyone agrees with your methods sir, however when chanllenged I will stand and and be heard.
Scary goat what can I say to you other than thanks for the "support" I am sure if you had done business with us in the past you would see that after all the bashing dished out the past few weeks we decided to say whatever if we are going to be portrayed that way then no sense in keeping the peace! If your gonna get punished for something you didnt do then you may as well go ahead and do it! With that said keep an eye on us as we may come up with something new ya never know!

Fear At Its Best
03-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Spook Hole we thank you for your support!

graystone
03-28-2011, 09:28 PM
Well I can see where it would. But again I never realized the oversight till Sue called me. And again on that point I am sorry. I am sure some who was not familiar with me or my tactics would think I was an ass. I can say just as I have an opinion so can anyone else. But whoever it may be I want hold that aginst them because they have every right to have an opinion just as I do. But as long as I am in this Industry I will walk through fire to help anyone I can. I also will say I am sure ole Rick from 13th hour don't want a run in with me again. I will say this if he has not changed his way by next year I got a nice surprise for him@ Shane and it's I WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOMETHING NEW FROM YOU! Shane

OH and for the record I blowed his ass out telling him how tackey that was to ask for an exchange for something he did not pay a dime for. Hell if it were not for that and Sue I would have never made the connection!

creep house
03-28-2011, 09:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0

Casey .................................... CREEP HOUSE

graystone
03-28-2011, 10:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0

Casey that cracked me up! Shane and it's good one! Shane

Spirit Grant
03-28-2011, 11:38 PM
I just want to chime it and say that Shane is as real as it could possibly get on this forum. I have personally done business with Kevin at Gore Galore and can personally vouch for his ethics and business sense. I ordered a Freakenstein from Kevin at GG and had a few questions about how everything worked. Kevin is the quintessential customer serivice rep. He would answer his phonre at any given time amd always took care of me as a customer. Hell, he still knows my name!!

Shane tells it like it is!!! No half-truths or fairy-tales. Shane will let you know when your in the wrong/why and how.

I say, do what you want DS. Keep it up. Anyone within this industry will form there own decision based on experience and friends' opinion(s).

I'm with Shane!!!

drfrightner
03-28-2011, 11:41 PM
Couple things...

Allen

NO MY cap lock wasn't on it was so they could make out the difference between my post and his posts. I do it all the time.

Spookhole and basically everyone crying about this subject...

I'm calling it the way I see it and I'm saying point blank Gore Galore as NOTHING to complain about from where I'm standing unless they did some of the things he's claiming which are all hearse. Exmortis introduced these type of things FIRST to the haunt industry on the mass level. I heard NO ONE saying crying copy cat. Second Scarefactory even at one point came out with their own version of a walk around monsters after Exmortis made them popular.

Fact is a fact... Gore Galore came AFTER Exmortis, and Exmortis came AFTER the company we've already discussed who in my opinion made the best one still to this date. Mouth moved, heads moved in all directions, easy to wear, durable and everything between. And lets be honest that company came after seeing theses in parades for years. THIS IS NOT A NEW IDEA... NO ONE RIPPED OFF ANYONE!

And if someone RIPPED off ANYONE it was Exmortis who made the WHOLE thing something popular. However I"m just going this out there... I don't buy these things because my actors don't like wearing them, and I have a hard enough time finding enough actors to scare people much less walk around the crowd. So I don't even see the big deal here... this whole thing is non-sense.

Beating up on this company is total bull... Gore Galore fired the guys that is his problem. So the guys go out and make their own company good for them... that is their business. Had Kevin made them sign a non-compete we wouldn't even be discussing this right now. I've had guys I've fired go out and start their own business... good for them!

Kevin in the future like myself as well should consider making all employees sign NON-COMPETE PERIOD!

Additionally let me say another word to the wise... this isn't even close to the first time anyone has taken another popular idea or at least percieved popular idea and run with it... case in point GORE GALORE from EXMORTIS! But you can trace back all the black hole tunnel companies, animation companies, making zombies, to basically EVERYTHING between.

Lastly if a company is pissed that one company said theirs is better... what ever everyone says that. Its for the customer to decide which one is better. That goes in one ear and out the other...

PERIOD!

So cut the non-sense!

Lastly though I will AGREE with ONE thing Spookhole said... I do agree that they kinda hung themselves arguing about this over and over and over again... they should have made their point and left it at that. Had they made the same point I'm making and pointed out the obviousl this conversation would have ended 10 pages ago. I agree they have hung themselves on this issue. I agree if they wore gore galore shirts or jackets that was stupid. And as I pointed out in a previous post, if this was true Kevin should have walked right over there and put an end to it. So because he didn't I question it...

Last but not least at least in my opinion their walk around costumes don't look that great and Gores looks way better so who cares... people will buy what they think is best and leave it at that. The idea doesn't NOT belong to Gore Galore not by a long shot, however what does belong to him is his inovations and or his creative and if they copied it line for line, word or word Gore Galore should stop talking about it and SUE THEM!

And outside of that lets drop the subject its out of hand, and not accurate anyway.

Larry

scarygoat
03-29-2011, 05:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0

lol, I was thinking the same thing while reading this thread

mindtumor
03-29-2011, 07:00 AM
[QUOTE=Fear At Its Best;115529]... Your memory must be as short as you are hmmmm, thats funny you have pictures of our donation sitting on a table in your own photos that were posted from your party, i would like to see where you aranged to have that picked up by the "deadline" QUOTE]

Not to get involved in the big argument here but I don't recall Shane being short. I believe he is of normal height.

scarygoat
03-29-2011, 03:38 PM
DreamScape: "Your memory must be as short as you are hmmmm"

Trying to insult somebody is not going to help this situation, it just makes you look like even more of a dick.

I have seen a few of your products before and actually liked them and thought about purchasing one, but reading this kind of thing makes me ask myself "Why would I even want to give him my money?"

Fear At Its Best
03-30-2011, 01:18 AM
Scary goat sorry you feel that way, and my comment on his height wasn't an insult as in all actuality he is about two feet shorter than myself.
Larry thought was given before doing our own line of costumes, our armature is our design, ours are an animatronic puppets utilizing electronics and servos, ours is lighter, ergonomic and professional looking on the inside without the look of a bunch of straps and belts, plywood and fasteners of all sorts.
GG as well as others have items we made prior to all of this and you didn't hear us complain, it's free enterprise and not one idea that anyone has done hasn't been done in one fashion or another. The only problem here is here GG fired me and I moved on to another business and am still creating what I love to do!
I sculpted the new costumes to be more human like and less monster and creature like as that's what I sculpted at GG, however I promise to sculpt more and they will look even less similar.

mindtumor
03-30-2011, 07:02 AM
Scary goat sorry you feel that way, and my comment on his height wasn't an insult as in all actuality he is about two feet shorter than myself.
Larry thought was given before doing our own line of costumes, our armature is our design, ours are an animatronic puppets utilizing electronics and servos, ours is lighter, ergonomic and professional looking on the inside without the look of a bunch of straps and belts, plywood and fasteners of all sorts.
GG as well as others have items we made prior to all of this and you didn't hear us complain, it's free enterprise and not one idea that anyone has done hasn't been done in one fashion or another. The only problem here is here GG fired me and I moved on to another business and am still creating what I love to do!
I sculpted the new costumes to be more human like and less monster and creature like as that's what I sculpted at GG, however I promise to sculpt more and they will look even less similar.

I didn't think you were being insulting and wasn't trying to start anything, but isn't Shane like 6 foot? Its just I am about 6 foot and I thought about Shanes height and didn't want to be called short :(. Are you trying to say your 8 foot tall? Are you one of your costumes, lol? Are you sure you know who Shane is, lol? I have only ever seen one really tall person at Transworld and usually he is standing right behind me.

mindtumor
03-30-2011, 07:05 AM

Is this actually Jake? If so hey man keep up the cool work, hope to see more cool things from you in the future. I say that without taking any sides in the situation.

scarygoat
03-30-2011, 09:52 AM
Just because it's true (or you say it is) doesn't mean it's not an insult.

And I'm not saying it really matters, I bet Shane could care less, it's just it doesn't make you look that great with the situation you are already in.

Jolly Pumpkin
03-30-2011, 09:53 AM
Everyone is usually taller than me. I'm like 5"7 which is only a little shorter than average height for a male and people tower over me at Transworld. What the hell are they feeding kids these days?

drfrightner
03-30-2011, 10:11 AM
Kevin emailed me and said flat out he was glad this issue was discussed but would rather the silly thing stop... its really beaten into the ground like a steak turned into soup. Its very non-productive just as much as the 13th Hour thread... lets give this thread a break.

Larry

graystone
03-30-2011, 05:16 PM
I agree! I am moving on I said what I had to say and I said it in 40 different ways!!!!!!! I really was offering my help in alot of ways and I don't think they seen that. I wish him the best and hope at some point to do some business with this company in the future who knows?. I only wish to see something that no one else has done. I never realized till 3 vendors told me yesterday on a conference call I was having with them. They said Shane do you not realize that this is the same company that has followed GG before? I said no and they said here ya go!!!!

Gore Galore= Pet Zombies with Death Certificates ... Now you got... DreamScape= Dead Buddies with Death Certificates
Gore Galoer= Head On a Plaque... Now you got... DeamScape with Heads on a Plaque
Gore Galore= Oversized Costumes... Now you got... DreamScapes with oversized costumes
Gore Galore= Giant Actor Controlled Goat Head...Now you got... DreamScapes _______? i wanna see something that is all DreamScapes idea so I can like it and buy it? Is that to much to ask for? Shane and it's 6'1" Shane!

Ashley Whetsel
03-31-2011, 09:15 AM
Gore Galore= Pet Zombies with Death Certificates ... Now you got... DreamScape= Dead Buddies with Death Certificates
Gore Galoer= Head On a Plaque... Now you got... DeamScape with Heads on a Plaque
Gore Galore= Oversized Costumes... Now you got... DreamScapes with oversized costumes
Gore Galore= Giant Actor Controlled Goat Head...Now you got... DreamScapes _______?

Hahaha I love how you make comparisons, Shane..... okay let me hold you hand and walk you through this........

Gore Galore- Pet Zombies with Death Certificates These are static zombies that have rods in them to bend into shape. You can also get them attached to a BUNRAKBOO frame, which is then attached to a human and is able to walk around. Other than that you cant really take them with you cause they weigh a bit, and aren't flexible enough to sit in a chair nor a car.
Dream Scape- Dead Buddies with Death Certificates These static zombies have jointed elbows, waist, and knees. They are light weight, and you can take them anywhere.
http://www.youtube.com/user/dreamscapestudios#p/u/3/aUheQPNF-v4

Gore Galore- Head On a Plaque Gore Galore didn't start doing those until 2010, look at the catalogs....
Dream Scape- Heads on a Plaque Check out this video that was posted in 2008..... look above the doors and you will see the plaques they have been doing since then...
http://www.youtube.com/user/dreamscapestudios#p/u/4/E7mKI63HY2M This should also clear up other rumors about how we stole this and that from GG.

Gore Galore- Oversized Costumes You all know, so why say anything
Dream Scape- Oversized costumes ours is completely different from the sculpts, paint job, to the armature inside, to the way the head moves (animatronic with a joystick!!), to the way the outfit is sewn together.

And remember, since Jake is not with GG anymore, the painting/sculpting style will be different this season for them. So what you have seen in GG catalogs for the past few years will not look like that because Jake is no longer the painter.

And then you got the Goat Head.... You know Jake originally sculpted that whole thing right?? The top, the jaw, the horns.... I got photos to prove it all. The only thing he didn't do on that creature was the rig the item sits on. Thats all I have to say about that..... funny you would mention that though..... but thanks for taking an interest in Jake's Goat Head!!

Remember, no matter how many jobs an artist will encounter, they will always have one thing that sticks with them forever... their style!!

Fear At Its Best
03-31-2011, 10:10 AM
Hasbro=Cabbage Patch Kids with birth certificate… then GG with pet Zombies with death certificates Now that’s originality in its finest!
Fright props= Human heads and animal heads on plaques….then GG with heads on plaques Wow look at that another great original idea!
Exmortis=Stalk Around Costumes….then GG with giant costumes Would you look at that wonder how many others do that too!
The Darkness Haunt= actor operated pop out creature (as well as other haunts)…. Then GG with actor operated pop out with goat head hmmmm where else have I seen that!
Where is the originality Shane where are the ethics, the only person you can rip off in this industry is the customers and that’s all the should concern everyone because none of the these ideas belong to any one individual as they came about from many ideas be it from others failures or spin offs! Talk amongst yourselves I am Feclemped!
This is freaking ridiculous, not one item that you present can’t be found made by another vendor besides just GG. Your like a bunch of women who have nothing to do but gossip and cause drama! Did you hear about Dream Scape Studios and what they did, Oh my gosh they made a cheese burger, call McDdonalds and Burger King! WTF you think maybe that’s why we don’t have just one auto maker? Free enterprise equals competition for better products and price competition! Now let me back to making our own version of an actor operated pop out creature!

Fear At Its Best
03-31-2011, 10:18 AM
Did you see that in the video Dream Scape is also doing flat back bodies too! Shut your mouth, somebody call GG and tell them they stole another idea!

Fear At Its Best
03-31-2011, 10:23 AM
They are doing lanterns too! and weapons! Can they not make anything that hasnt been made????? Think I even saw eyes and teeth too, I mean come on guys be original... I need to call Shane and have him jump thier case!

jim wilson
03-31-2011, 01:04 PM
I'm actually am the one who invented the half backs ,here is proof,any one else making them must pay me a franchise fee (patent#3654587985) i will be selling them for a dollar two ninety-eight

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa450/Donny_Bold/don/DSCN1651.jpg

Nightgore
03-31-2011, 03:50 PM
Shouldn't patent numbers be seven digits? Tried searching for this at the US Patent online, couldn't find anything. -Tyler

shawnc
03-31-2011, 07:55 PM
Shouldn't patent numbers be seven digits? Tried searching for this at the US Patent online, couldn't find anything. -Tyler

Funniest post in this series of threads!

Grimley
03-31-2011, 10:28 PM
Shane I read every post and I still don't see it. It is a Halloween Haunt company. Of course they will have costumes and zombies. Oh never mind I give up.

Jim Warfield
03-31-2011, 11:02 PM
At Transworld next year, and he is a very talented artist (No, not me)
I should suggest to him to model one after my likeness though, then when some criminal uses a "Jim Warfield-Old Gezzer" mask to rob a bank with, everyone could identify" me", which would help to generate some free publicity afterwards.
But then I might get fooled assuming it would all happen like this. Maybe alot of witnesses would be saying "I recognised that face, he's my favorite Porno Star,,,Watz -hiz-nayme?"
"Old Geezer-Porn Stars" Unite!"
(But not tonight, dear I have a headache, pulling off this silicone mask! Whoops pulled off my moustache AND my eyebrows this time!)