PDA

View Full Version : Best trick-or-treat candy?

Nightgore
03-24-2007, 12:13 PM
Hey guys,

What do you think is the best trick-or-treat candy to hand out? My vote goes to Reeses Peanut Butter Cups!

What do you think? -Tyler

PS: First post in this forum! YAY!

SpFXChic
03-24-2007, 02:23 PM
LOL, Tyler, nice start to the forum. I gotta agree the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are yummy, however, I don't think they're great to pass out for trick-or-treating. Solely based on the fact that they are soft and many times will be crushed in your treat bag. Now, everyone knows that everyone eats their Peanut Butter Cups in their own unique way, so for many, this might not be an issue. I, however, do not like it when they're crumbled, mashed, smooshed...whatever type of destruction you prefer. LOL. I like Almond Joys, too - hey, sometimes you feel like a nut :) - but they tend to self destruct much like the afformentioned Peanut Butter Cups.

I'm a sucker for bags of peanut M&M's.

Oh my...I put a little too much thought into that, didn't I? LOL.

Jim Warfield
03-24-2007, 02:39 PM
Gillette sticky popcorn coated razor blades!
(And some wonder how that flap of skin that holds my upper lip to my gums got-gone?)
Do YOU have enough iron in your dailey DIE-et?

Naw, just kidding.......

Candy bars. I have witnessed them shrink so much in my lifetime as their price escalates.

Nightmaretony
03-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Candy corn.

There can be only one.

wipp
03-24-2007, 04:16 PM
no one eats candy corn tho.they just look cool.kinda like a fruit cake at christmas

SomeThingInTheIce
03-24-2007, 05:22 PM
Hands down, Gummy Spiders! Our logo is a spider inside a ice cube, so when I saw them at Walmart I cleaned them out. They taste good, don't cost much and they fit our logo to a Tee but, I do love Baby Ruths.

Infoamtek
03-24-2007, 09:01 PM
Smarties. Lots of them for cheap and the kids love them.

Barry
03-25-2007, 07:09 AM
Wipp,

I eat candy corn! When you mix it with peanuts it is more addictive than crack!

And full-size snickers bars are my choice for trick or treat.

Jim Warfield
03-25-2007, 08:15 AM
Candy Corn HAS to be every haunter's first set of Dracula fangs, now doesn't it?
The white little points are the points of the teeth, the orange are the gums, and you only need two pieces of candy corn to make it happen, to scare little brother or little sister!
How Neat!
Thank You Very Much Candy Co.!

03-25-2007, 09:46 PM
barry u stock up for the off season i hope

HauntVentFX
03-25-2007, 10:39 PM
Chocolate covered truffles! Just make sure there are no pigs around to gobble them up before the trick-or-treaters show up! :D

DrFrighter.
03-25-2007, 11:11 PM
MONEY!

Jim Warfield
03-26-2007, 08:34 AM
Money can't buy you Love. (A close physical immitation of it maybe...?)

Jack_Skellington
03-26-2007, 02:06 PM
I think the best candy is the Dip Sticks. The Candy Sticks with the Sugar stuff you dip it in.. Yummy.. Or Pixie Sticks..

Dennis

Gore Galore
04-04-2007, 07:35 PM
I can't help but throw into this discussion.
How about the eyeball gum, or gummy worms. But my favorite part is serving them in my Brain Candy prop.
http://www.gore-galore.com/images/dip_head.jpg

Sorry, this seems like a plug and it is, but what is funny is I really do use the Brain Candy or Dip Head to give out my candy. I love the hesitance on the kids faces when they go for the candy. Some really like it.
LOL.
Sorry, I can't help it. :twisted:

Jim Warfield
04-04-2007, 08:54 PM
My old Spookmobile had a parade attachment, a fishing pole from the front, hanging a Hershey bar right infront of the trap door with the steel skull that turned it's head and "talked", it said, "Don't you kids like Hershey bars anymore?"
Not one kid ever tried to walk up and grab it, ever!
(Of course inside the Hershey bar wrapper was a piece of 1/4inch plywood.)

Infoamtek
04-04-2007, 10:20 PM
And I thought it would be a "prize" from Mr. Tuxedo.

Highlandhauntedhouse.com
06-14-2007, 12:47 AM
LOL ok you can eat them there just not very tasty or easy to chew!:roll:
Sorry I like usable stuff that is practical! I will try not to do it again!:-D
I collect them all year and hand them and little toys! I shop and pick up bargain deals at the party stores and oriental trading co and all over hit up the clearance isle and spike up your hand outs with fun stuff! Other wise I have always loved POPCORN BALLS!;) When I was a kid I always got them home made and they were always my favorite!
BTW The razor blade one was really funny!

drfrightner
07-26-2007, 03:22 AM
Snickers! Yum!

Larry

Warren Vanderdark
08-01-2007, 07:18 AM
Ah, such memories...waaaay back before a few mean tempered sociopaths ruined things, I personally enjoyed the homemade popcorn balls you'd sometimes get. (and if they stuck to some loose pieces of candy in the bottom of your bag, that just made it SO much better!) My current favorite would have to be the chewy peanut butter kisses that come in the black and orange wrappers...

WeRnotSkitZo
11-05-2007, 09:09 AM
hehehoowwwhoooo

WeRnotSkitZo
11-05-2007, 09:12 AM
hehe can dy candy candy

WeRnotSkitZo
11-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Any Candy. MMMMMM Gimme sum o dat candy!

HauntedWebby
11-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Sweet-Tarts :D

TheCareTaker
11-14-2007, 07:44 PM
glow whips i mean sicks the kids love em and i love to see them beat each other before they even get down the drive way.

can you say kung fu fighting.LOL

neffuri27
11-15-2007, 11:34 AM
MMMMM what a wonderful thread! I eat candy corn, I think I ate two pounds of
it this year and also those little pumpkin creme things with the green vine on top.
also tiny hersheys!!!!! Little rolls of life savers are another love of mine to
give out and for my tot to get.hahaha

I also love popcorn balls and caramel apples and candy apples for Halloween
but you cannot get kids to take them anymore if you make them and wrap
them because we live out in the stix and they are scared.very sad!

I LOVE HALLOWEEN SO MUCH!!!!

damon carson
01-08-2008, 05:50 PM
I would have to say my favorite is Reeses Peanut butter cups. But I do like traditional stuff like candy corn but not too much it makes your teeth hurt! LOL! And anything that looks spooky. Gummy body parts and gum eyeballs ect.
damon

bodybagging
01-24-2008, 04:09 PM
Second the sweetTarts notion, in fact sometimes I convince the kiddies to give me their sweetTarts......... Oh NO this is that kind of haunted house, you see you have to GIVE me A TREAT TO GO PAST......... NO NO NO GUMMIEWORMS FOR ME KIDDO, BREAK OUT THE SWEET TARTS! kind of hard to resist a 8 foot tall monster with personality!!!

scareshack
01-24-2008, 04:51 PM
glow whips i mean sicks the kids love em and i love to see them beat each other before they even get down the drive way.

can you say kung fu fighting.LOL

I did the glow thing this year, had some mixed vibes from others over here on the idea, but we did anyways. The Response was overwhelming, once the kiddies made it up they were loving it..."this is why everyone is glowing?". She meant the kids on the street. Next year we shall do the same, but I know we shall need more.
Thanks for the tip from a buddy that said"anything that glows or flashes!", wow how he was correct. No candy this year, glow stuff, and ice cubes(to the bums in no costume).

ghostess
01-24-2008, 07:03 PM
Sweet tarts, mainly because they don't really squish like the chocolate does.

Of course, the good stuff like Kit Kats, Hershey plain, Milky Way, 3 Musketeers and Reeses all get held back... in the freezer. I call it a "hostess fee". :D

drfrightner
01-30-2008, 06:32 PM
Good question... Hmmm.

Nothing with coconuts in it that is for sure! I like pretty much sweet candy. Hmmm... I wouldn't do stuff like snickers because that is what everyone does. Hmmm... do something different like Heath Bar or something.

You know ten dollar bills always work too! LOL

Larry

MMManiac
03-13-2008, 02:39 PM
ten dollar bills.... im coming to your house this year! lol

sean

Feargore
04-26-2008, 11:38 AM
im gunna go with reeses peanut butter cups!!!! they r the best 4 sure.

-Taylor

graystone
04-26-2008, 09:13 PM
Got it wrong there is only one answer to this question the answer is Mary Janes!!!! Shane!

graystone
04-26-2008, 09:30 PM
Got it wrong there is only one answer to this question the answer is Mary Janes!!!! Shane!

Feargore
04-28-2008, 01:45 PM
doritos r good 2 but they r not candy LOL they r snack treates!!!!:cool:

-Taylor

Smiley
04-29-2008, 08:00 AM
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9881/kitkatls2.jpg

howierd3866
05-18-2008, 07:33 PM
I go to Sam's club and buy the sweet candy about 100 pounds and now the next question how much do you give them...we do a free house haunt with actors and I let one of the wives sit out at the end and let people get their own and to make sure they do get enought...don't want to see some little kid leaving with 2 or 3 pieces only.

scarymoves
05-26-2008, 03:07 AM
For me the best treat is a snicker's bar.
I love this chocolate bar it is one of my favorites.

BruiseMuse
05-27-2008, 05:49 PM
Reeses Cups, I have such a weakness for chocolate and peanut butter.

MDKing
05-29-2008, 06:51 PM
It's hard to beat a good Snickers bar. Pretty much anything from Hershey's or M&M/Mars are good by me!

Allan

Clown School Dropout
06-17-2008, 01:15 PM
My favorite is candy cigarettes

creepy crawler
07-29-2008, 08:04 PM
Any good full size choc. bar!!!!!( snickers, M&Ms, almond joy, mounds well you get the point)
I hated when we would get apples those folks would get there apples back in not such a nice way!!!!!!!!!

Scarefest13
08-17-2008, 06:14 PM
Kids love it when you pass out like the full king size jumbo candy bars!

Dr. Giggles
08-24-2008, 12:55 PM
Smarties, they are cheap. And honestly who can say they dont like smarties? They are delicious!

maliciousstudios
08-24-2008, 09:54 PM
okay....for those of you who haven't heard of this place, I'M ABOUT TO BLOW YOUR MINDS...

For those that have you allready know what I'm talking about....

I would like to share our secret connection for Gross trick or treat candy.... Everyone around wants to know where we get the sickest candy during Halloween. I personally LOVE the white chocolate maggots...

We place an order for candy like these every year....

http://candyaddict.com/blog/top-10-grossest-candies/

Yeah, you can thank me now.....lol

( Rawk )

maliciousstudios
08-25-2008, 10:21 AM
We got tired of buying our candy from Walmart and etc. We wanted to be different....

http://www.candywarehouse.com this is where we order our trick or treat candy from....we go for the gross candy and sometimes mix it in with the nostalgic candy I bet we all remember some of these favs from back when we where little ghouls and goblins.... ( Rawk )

OUR FAV. ?? Anything that makes the kiddes say EWWWWW.....

I like "Lick Your Wounds Candy Scabs"

ScaryMama
08-27-2008, 03:07 PM
Any candy bar, big if you only get a few trick or treaters, fun size if you get alot. Last year we through in som glow bracelets in or bowl (15 for $1 at the dollar store) the kiddies loved them even more, plus just might help keep them safe from cars!!!

theeverydayguy
01-14-2009, 11:02 AM
a 6 pound Hershey bar (aka the heart stoper)

Stephan (screamwalk
01-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Three muskateers!
Three muskateers!

Kallie
01-22-2009, 12:39 AM
This is not candy, but take a rubber glove, fill it with green jelly, tie it up and put it in the freezer. Give it time to set properly. When you take it out, carefully cut the glove away and drip some red food colouring on top.

DarkTikiEntertainment
09-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Now and forever, mini Snickers!

ScaryPAGirl
11-13-2009, 08:31 AM
I would have to say large size candy bars are the best. Snickers, Almond Joys...etc. Yummm-O

drfrightner
12-09-2009, 06:20 AM
I took my kids trick or treating this year and a lot of people handed out of all things healthy bars and stuff like that... Hmmm I won't put that on my top list! LOL

Larry

FROG ZOMBIE
06-10-2010, 10:29 AM
For me, Smarties, Necco Wafers and pennies are about the WORST items to receive... But large candy bars are great. I remember one home gave out gummy eyes, ears, etc... I thought that was pretty neat.