PDA

View Full Version : My Dark Ride has a new home, a member of Haunt World....

Tom
03-26-2011, 09:21 PM
Hey guys,

It's bitter sweet. I sadly sold my dark ride system (The Dungeon) but... happy to see she went to a new owner with a heart to bring her to life in the future.
The proud new owner is a member here on Haunt World and I'm sure we will see how the future developes before our eyes.
Luckily it won't be too far from me so I'll be able to assist and get her breathing again. I consider it "visitation rights" as this was my baby for so many years :-)
Just FYI - it took two fully loaded 26' foot trucks and a 16' truck with over 14,000 lbs of material (cars, track, transformers, wall panels, tools, etc...). 7 tons of dark ride. That's a haul!!!
Anyway, another Haunt World member here has her and will chime in soon.
I just wanted to let everyone know.
Let the new book of history begin....

Allen H
03-26-2011, 11:04 PM
Awesome!
Im glad it sold if thats what you needed and If it ising moving to far from you then its not to far from me and i might be able to see it again, it was a fun show!
Allen H

Coop
07-11-2011, 07:20 PM
Finally I have time to reply. I have just finished with Fireworks season! I am very happy that I was able to obtain this awesome piece of history from Tom and am very happy that he will be available to help me with the reassembly of this massive piece of machinery! We will not be able to breathe new life in her for this season but we look forward to next year and plan on having an amazing attraction including not only the Dark Ride but other special features of which I will reveal as the time grows nearer. I would like to thank Tom for his dedication to Dark Rides and all the help he has given me.

Thanks Tom!

Jim

Allen H
07-11-2011, 07:40 PM
JIm, where are you located?

Tom
07-12-2011, 05:29 AM
Great to hear from ya Jim,
Hope the fireworks season went well. It's been dry for some time around here.
And I'm glad someone close by was able to give her a new home so I CAN be a part of her new life.
So you can't set up a test run in the garage this year so I can get my fix??? J/K (I do miss her alot though)
It is a big set-up and appreciate you taking your time to make it right.

Allen,
Jim is in between you and me :)

Tom

Coop
07-26-2011, 02:04 PM
JIm, where are you located?

Hey Allen, sorry I took so long to get back to you, I will be putting the haunt somewhere around the Sherman, Tx Area. I have a few choices but within 30 minutes of there (I think) lol