PDA

View Full Version : Cease and Desist for Greater Than Entertainment

Distortions
03-30-2011, 11:22 AM
Hi Everyone,
I was just informed by one of our local haunters that Alan Rushlow from Greater Than Entertainment is trying again to steal our copyright on our Inflatable Facades (the Skull and the Clown). He posted on Ebay and we we're able to get a cease and desist order and got him off of Ebay. This man is totally dishonest and would not recommend anyone do business with him.
If you want any information on the Inflatable Facades, please contact us at Distortions 970-351-0100.
Thanks,
Janene
Customer Service

xtremecreator
03-30-2011, 12:40 PM
Janene!

Thanks for the heads up.

Been there done that.

Hope all goes well.

John

drfrightner
03-30-2011, 12:49 PM
Ahhh yeah that was clearly a rip off attempt and sadly I saw the original thread today with many haunters lined up to buy them.

We have removed his posts and if he rips off anyone else let me know and we'll remove his posts again. You know I wanted to say that an inflatable facade anyone can make one, anyone can make a walk around figure, anyone can make animation, or a website that directs people to find haunts (OH NO DO NOT DO IT) LOL... however do something original for GOD SAKES or at least make an attempt to be original! You guys who just rip people off simply SUCK!

Larry

Jim Warfield
03-31-2011, 01:45 AM
It kind of took the air out of his efforts then?
My method would be to sell the inflatables dirt-cheap but to get paid very well for the air!
They would never see this coming!
I could never do inflatables, my cheeks aren't that big!
And those other cheeks leaks, EEEKS!

graystone
03-31-2011, 07:41 AM
When will these companies learn! Thats what I been trying to tell Dream Scapes come up with something we have not seen! Shane and it's can someone please come up with their own products? Shane

Raycliff Manor
03-31-2011, 09:25 AM
Jim, I can always count on you to get me to laugh out loud! I owe you for so many smiles and laughs my friend. It's been a while since I've said so, but I REALLY appreciate you my friend! :lol:

Kel

annarchy
04-03-2011, 10:31 AM
Unfortunately, the more [we] promote this industry and the greater the attention it draws from the public, the more likely this thing will occur. Whether it's a manufacturer or a haunted house operator, some are going to "jump" into this market expecting to make a quick buck by capitalizing on an expanding industry. Sadly, many of these folks will not carry the same passion and creativeness that many manufacturers and haunt owners have; thus resulting in ripping people off. This kind of thing happens in all expanding markets that show rapid growth. I'm not sure competition is always a good thing....unless your the consumer. I'm sure those of us that have been 'ripped off' in the past have had better things to do with our time than defending the business we've developed against copy-cats.