PDA

View Full Version : Boiler room pictures

SCfearfarm
04-13-2011, 07:26 PM
I always enjoy seeing pictures of everyone elses haunt, so I took some of the Boiler Room we worked on today in mine. I've still got a long way to go, adding some rusted pipes, making the stand brick with some fake flames under the drums, dirtying up the white vent etc. but so far I think it looks pretty cool looking. Let me know if you have any ideas.897889798980

screamforadream
04-13-2011, 07:36 PM
Looks great!!

We used two red police beacons, anrednfiltered mini strobe and fog to create a really cool fire effect under our crematorium this past october and it was great! It looked real! Try it out?

Best of luck! It's lookin great!

damon carson
04-13-2011, 07:38 PM
Looking good! It looks like its heading in the right direction.
Damon
Frightmasters
www.houseoffright.com

Capt.Chaos
04-13-2011, 09:15 PM
looks great! Add some junk copper pipes and gauges on the side to add realism. Maybe a metal vent pipe. Spark fence?? Electrical boxes are a must with wires.

Chaos

RJ Productions
04-13-2011, 10:11 PM
I'd add some cool cast iron doors on the wall. I reposted the ones I made out of wood from a previous thread.
Larry's got some great details on pipes in the latest DVD's on detailing..check it out.

bhays
04-14-2011, 11:57 AM
We've been working on our boiler room as well. We're just about done with the boiler itself.

Step 1: Build a stand and install one really beat up projection tv..

Step 2: add plywood rings
http://www.seymourlights.com/temp/step2.jpg

Step 3: skin cylinder with Luan, listen to creaks and groans and popping noises and wonder if it's going to explode

http://www.seymourlights.com/temp/step3.jpg

Step 4: Add luan strips for detail and install wood buttons to simulate rivets

Step 5: Use Great Stuff expanding foam mashed to avoid large bubbles to simulate rust bubbles and flaking

Step 6: coat with Deck Restore product to simulate cast iron texture

Step 8: install real cast iron doors, and paint acid blocking primer on areas where rust will need to appear...

Step 9: Rust paint applied and activated

http://www.seymourlights.com/temp/step3.jpg3

Slain
04-14-2011, 01:11 PM
Very nice!

jason
04-14-2011, 01:35 PM
geat stuff brett! i look forward to seeing the house at hauntcon. actually i have been looking forward to seeing the place for a good while ( i know some of your guys always seem to make a trip down to check out where i work/the USS Nightmare). anyway i am really looking forward to seeing the haunt!

MDKing
04-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Brett,

Great work that's awesome looking!

Allan

Ironman
04-14-2011, 06:10 PM
Looks great Brett. Love the finish you ended up with.

Johnny Thunder
04-14-2011, 06:56 PM
Very cool pics everyone!!

Kelly Anderson
04-14-2011, 07:35 PM
SCFear Farm- Great work you got going. Will be fun to see all the pix through out the process.

Brett- Awesome work as well. Very creative and very inspiring. Pictures like both you guys have posted really get me thinking of doing a boiler scene sometime. Always fun to see a pictures of a project in working progress.

Awesome job guys!!!!

jason
04-14-2011, 07:39 PM
yes great stuff from both of you!

Soul Reaper
04-15-2011, 12:12 AM
Really nice work guys.

Capt.Chaos
04-15-2011, 08:41 AM
That looks AWESOME Brett. That definately gave me some good ideas for my boiler room scene. Thanks! Here is a idea that may save you some labor. Go to a water conditioning dealer. They usually have a bunch of old resin tanks laying around. These tanks are tall and cylindrical made out of fiberglass. You may be able to grab one for free (like I did ) just to get it out of their way. Now detail the way you want and Tadaa! I got a big commercial one however a person may grab some small household ones and use for labs etc.

Chaos

RJ Productions
04-16-2011, 03:24 AM
Bret...man I sure hope you have access in case you have to fix or get that projection TV out of there!!!!!

It's sort of like building a ship in a basement!!! Actually my exfather-in-law was a very accomplished wood worker.
When his daughters were young he built them an awesome playhouse. Very intricate, ornate...... and just a little too
big to get out of the basement!!! This guy was also a very well trained engineer!! But even he had to then tear it apart
take it out of the basement, then rebuild it!!!

Hate to see any of your work be destroyed to replace the TV!!!!

Looks great!! Good luck with the tour!

Rich