View Full Version : What's going to be different this year over last year?
03-26-2007, 12:11 AM
You know a lot of the times events aren't much different than the year before just a lot of the same.
What do you think will be different about MHC this year over last year? Why should people who came last year come again this year? What will they do this year that they didn't do last year.
Let us know.
03-26-2007, 10:51 AM
Well, nothing like giving me one of those "low hanging curveball" type questions! :D Let's see what I can do with it.
While the main schedule of fun events stays the same each year like Monster Makeup Wars, the Miss Midwest Scary Pageant, the Masquerade Party, and the auction we do have many new and exciting things taking place this year.
- The Thursday bus tour is all new and will be going to three phenomanal haunts: The Horror Hotel, Ghostly Manor, and The Haunted Hydro! This will be a day long tour which includes food for only $79.
- The Friday bus tour will be returning to Scareparts and Costume Specialists (after hours % off sale) but will also welcome a brand new haunt for MHC - The Gates of Terror.
- Also on Friday we have all brand new workshops including Sponsorships with Tim Gavinski, Best Haunt Practices, and Horrificus training with Screamline Studios (a free class!).
- The weekend seminars will feature some classes never offered before with some of the best speakers in the industry. There are some exciting additions being worked on right now for these as well!
- Running concurrently with MHC will be the all new Midwest Fantasy Show featuring makep artists and family type entertainers presenting workshops and seminars that have a wide appeal to our industry as well.
I am sure I am forgetting some others but this gives you an idea of how we try to make each MHC different, fresh, and exciting for everyone.
03-26-2007, 04:35 PM
Dear Dr. Frightner,
The Midwest Fantasy Show and Haunters Convention will host some of the best makeup artists in the world for classes and workshops.
The Scareparts Masquerade Party is a national event; especially with the with the Ms. Midwest Scary Pageant and the Halloween Body Art Fashion Show presented this year by the U.S. Body Painting Festival.
Horror and Fantasy Make-up, and Companion arts, at our shows will be quite incredible. We host the best of the best.
03-31-2007, 06:38 AM
Really looking forward to the event guys. Its going to be a fun time as usual. I'll be there hitting it all up Barry/Kathy/Kelly/Neena.
And the combo of the two shows is going to make this thing rock!
04-02-2007, 08:53 AM
With the Fantasy Show, we will debut a Friday the 13th Entertainer and Artists Jam (on 7/13/07); sponsored by the U.S. Body Painting Festival. We'll have an area at the hotel, where people can set up their makeup, magic or other kits, portfolios, etc. and practice, share and learn while socializing.
Most of the haunters will be away for most of the evening with the Hauntworld Friday 13 Tour. The Jam will be open to anyone; fun for those staying in or arriving late.
Afterwards, at Midnight Castle Blood will be doing a Monster Movie Hop!
How much more fun could you want in an evening?! We're excited.
All the best,
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.