PDA

View Full Version : Cattle Prod?

scarygoat
04-18-2011, 01:28 PM
Can anybody give me a little review on the Cattle Prod from SpookyProps. I have an actor that wants to buy it for this year. Is it loud enough up close to give you a good startle?

Thanks,
Jake

screamforadream
04-18-2011, 01:34 PM
I don't own one, but ive seen one being used in person and I would have to say that it is definitely loud enough and a very cool effect, it may be possible to create one yourself if you are worried about cost....but definitely a cool effect :) Your haunt would benefit from it.

Capt.Chaos
04-18-2011, 03:19 PM
We bought one last year. It worked great and was one of the best scares we got. My actors also ran it across metal grating while they were using it and it held up well. I would recommend highly.

Chaos

hauntedkimmy
04-18-2011, 03:24 PM
Now that is just plain awesomeness! We have a haunted barn theme this year and this would be absolutely AWESOME!!!!

hauntedkimmy
04-18-2011, 03:32 PM
Dunno if you saw this or not so I thought I would post it in action. Looks nifty cool!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaDKi9Ged-E

scarygoat
04-18-2011, 04:01 PM
Thanks guys!

NightmareOnYourStreet
04-18-2011, 08:22 PM
Theyre pretty loud. Youd get a real good scare with it.

scarygoat
04-18-2011, 08:36 PM
We're gonna order one.

Capt.Chaos
04-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Another great thing we are adding to our spark area this year is the "cracklers" from Fright Props. They are about $30 each and they are AWESOME! Just an idea.

Chaos

wickedfarmer
04-19-2011, 06:34 AM
Demonstrated it to some of my guys after getting home from Transworld. 'Check this out...just don't touch anybody with it" as I proceeded to close the gap from 5 feet to inches from them. They held their ground until it got about a foot from them then the sound and flashtook its toll on their nervous system; and they stepped back. Think it will be great on a haunted corn field trail. Got the crackelers as well for one of my shacks as mentioned above.

Wicked Farmer

Mad Wax Sculptor
04-20-2011, 01:50 AM
we used the popper prod last yr it it worked great in my opinion its a bit bulky but more dramatic than the prod prop

scarygoat
04-20-2011, 07:16 AM
What's the popper prod?

Mad Wax Sculptor
04-20-2011, 01:37 PM
I dont know the exact name but it has a batter back pack and has a long plastic barrel. an actor carrys it around and when triggered theres a loud boom and spark, Its more like a shot gun blast than the cattle prod. I think digital light and sound sold them

screamforadream
04-20-2011, 01:49 PM
I think Mad Wax Sculptor means the one on this page, right?

http://www.digitalsl.com/products/newproducts/newproducts.html

Dr Spooktakular
04-20-2011, 01:53 PM
Yes, we used to Boomstick from Digital Light and Sound!

Spoils
04-20-2011, 02:03 PM
We bought 2 of them last year and Zombie Manor bought one. The ones we used worked really well. Got great scares off them. We had just the que-line entertainment use them for a reason. Keep a tight hold on them. Maybe make a strap that you can keep around your arm. Case in point, the first day that we brought the one that Zombie Manor purchased from Transworld, somebody dropped it and it shattered into pieces. Just wanted to let you know that the product works awesome but has no durability.

scarygoat
04-20-2011, 02:49 PM
Yeah the Boom Sticks look good, although the Cattle Prod will work with my actor's character better.

Spookyant
04-20-2011, 05:44 PM
We bought five the previous year along with the chainsaws. Our actors dropped two and they broke apart and needed to be re soldered back. But other then that they are awesome.

MDKing
04-25-2011, 05:38 PM
Are they as loud as the Boomstick? I seem to remember them being kind of quiet??

Thanks,
Allan

scarygoat
04-25-2011, 05:49 PM
What is the Cattle Prod made out of?

Spookyant
04-25-2011, 05:53 PM
It looks like its made out of PVC Pipe sprayed black with some electronics. It is not loud as the boom stick.

spong8
04-29-2011, 09:29 AM
I don't think anything is going to come close to the capacitor discharge toy known as a boom stick. I don't have the products myself but I have seen the boomstick. The pros of the boom has to be loudness, a flash of light and the batter pack. The cons their is an open spark gap (I wouldn't want myself anywhere near the thing), they apparently break easy, the battery though rechargeable if you don't have a back up pack charged already, you're screwed. Another con is that its long and bulky. The cattle prod from what I've read has durability, is reasonably loud, doesn't use an actual spark gap (I would gladly prod my most sensitive regions with the prop....not that I would. >>). It also use batteries which do not require recharging (You could to save on cost if you'd like) but it doesn't need one.

sophisticatedterror
04-29-2011, 10:13 AM
The cattle prod is awesome! Customers think its the real deal! Highly recommend..

Kale